Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

FABulous Body type

Jump to newest

By *omfoolerykent OP   Man
over a year ago

dartford

The order on FAB is Athletic, Slim, Average, Curvy, Ample, Large and Fabulous. Surely Fabulous is a matter of taste and opinion? I have set my description to average do you think that is a fair looking at my profile picture?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I ignore the body type bit. Lots of fat people thinking they're average. Lots of fit people thinking they're average. Makes zero sense to me and what I view as thin athletic average or fat.

I just sneak a look at their body and make my own mind up.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Seen fabulous to mean very much overweight but also what seems by some to be the epitome of fitness. At a loss with it, both of us can't even categorise Mrs N, bit of a minefield.

By *ohnygodMan
over a year ago

TOKYO Japan

HERE

By *omfoolerykent OP   Man
over a year ago

dartford

"Seen fabulous to mean very much overweight but also what seems by some to be the epitome of fitness. At a loss with it, both of us can't even categorise Mrs N, bit of a minefield."

Let help I would say FABULOUS and I mean in a very good way X but in the FAB Scale I would say Athletic/Slim very hot

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I don't bother looking at that, I look at the pictures and decide from those.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I don't bother looking at that, I look at the pictures and decide from those. "

Same here.

over a year ago

I also never look at the body type just the pictures, makes sense really x

over a year ago

The body type 'Fabulous' harks back to the 1980's when it was used on the BBC's 'The Clothes Show'. It was all about making larger people feel more comfortable about their bodies etc etc

We've pretty much replaced it in society with the initials BBW - which basically means the same thing (cos everything is initials and condensed these days).

Of course, where confusion sets in, is amongst those too young to actually know this and so they take it for the literal translation of the word and are therefore of the assumption that 'fabulous' means something like 'super fit' or 'fine'

So imagine you're browsing profiles. You come across one that has selected 'Fabulous' as a body type. They may be a 'perfect 10' figure-wise, but of course, they haven't bothered to upload any pictures. If you're someone who isn't in to the larger types, you'd pass them by.

Or, alternatively, you ARE into larger ladies, you somehow manage to get a meet with this person and they turn out to not be what you were anticipating.

This is why I think that the current system needs a drastic overhaul.

Wouldn't it actually be easier and less confusing to have industry standard sizes (for example womens 10, 12, 14 etc) After all, however someone describes themselves, a 14 is a 14, whether or not they think of themselves as slim, athletic, average or curvy.

Post new Message to Thread