Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Respect Preferences

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are so many forum posts that go along the lines of how disgusting that people don't like ................. (Insert)

And go along the lines of this is an ism how dare people say that they don't like me because of this .........

Now I am not saying there is not some bigoted people on fab and they will not meet groups of people due to negative opinions and I do not agree with that at all.

I feel that alot of these posts seem to want people to justify there sexual preferences and realistically I think no one should have to justify why they don't want to meet someone else.

Now one of the issues is the whole subject of Sexual preferences  is a very uneasy one to talk about.

But simply put sexual preferences indicates the type of person/thing and/or type of activity with that person that is most likely to provoke sexual interest and arousal within them.

Sexual preference is thought to develop under the influence of sex hormones and further biological, psychological, and social factors during puberty.

People do not consciously decide for or against their sexual preferences.

Rather, this represents a development process that unfolds step by step for the individual, recognizing and perceiving what s/he perceives as sexually arousing.

So think on this and don't try and take everyone with the same brush. If someone on their profile has certain preferences respect them and just move on.

Then find someone that you tick their preferences

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Preference means you prefer certain types over others.

So saying no *whoever* is not a preference at all as you are not considering them as an option.

Not sure it isan -ism but it's not a preference if you rule them out completely, you can't even use that word to justify your thoughts.

over a year ago

"Preference means you prefer certain types over others.

So saying no *whoever* is not a preference at all as you are not considering them as an option.

Not sure it isan -ism but it's not a preference if you rule them out completely, you can't even use that word to justify your thoughts. "

Not at all preferences are your natural choices of what you find sexually pleasing. That may be a person of a physical type etc.

So if your sexual preference is a size 8 blonde haired woman you would naturally turn down those that don't fit that

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Like you said 'most likely' i was agreeing with that.

Because i do see people justifying their repulsiveness at certain types of people by saying *no* whatever i just wanted to emphasise that this is not a preference.

over a year ago

"Like you said 'most likely' i was agreeing with that.

Because i do see people justifying their repulsiveness at certain types of people by saying *no* whatever i just wanted to emphasise that this is not a preference."

No and I agree there are bigoted people on here in many many ways

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"There are so many forum posts that go along the lines of how disgusting that people don't like ................. (Insert)

And go along the lines of this is an ism how dare people say that they don't like me because of this .........

Now I am not saying there is not some bigoted people on fab and they will not meet groups of people due to negative opinions and I do not agree with that at all.

I feel that alot of these posts seem to want people to justify there sexual preferences and realistically I think no one should have to justify why they don't want to meet someone else.

Now one of the issues is the whole subject of Sexual preferences  is a very uneasy one to talk about.

But simply put sexual preferences indicates the type of person/thing and/or type of activity with that person that is most likely to provoke sexual interest and arousal within them.

Sexual preference is thought to develop under the influence of sex hormones and further biological, psychological, and social factors during puberty.

People do not consciously decide for or against their sexual preferences.

Rather, this represents a development process that unfolds step by step for the individual, recognizing and perceiving what s/he perceives as sexually arousing.

So think on this and don't try and take everyone with the same brush. If someone on their profile has certain preferences respect them and just move on.

Then find someone that you tick their preferences"

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Because i do see people justifying their repulsiveness at certain types of people by saying *no* whatever i just wanted to emphasise that this is not a preference.

No and I agree there are bigoted people on here in many many ways "

Cool, although i probably killed of the thread now by pointing that out.

By *corcherMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

I think what you're saying is people are attracted to what they're attracted to. They didn't choose. I like men & women, I didn't choose to be bi. Folks who say they are only interested in one race aren't being racist, it's just what they find attractive.

I struggle a bit with people who say no bi men, as it's not really a trait that distinguishes me, like an extra arm. Like if I said I was straight you wouldn't no otherwise.

But each to their own. I'd more interested in someone who was I to bi anyway

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We should all respect each other all of the time, as standard.

People take issue with preferences typically when they aren't getting what they want - it deflects responsibility away from the actual person who could change their results or their response to it, on to someone else who is absolutely not responsible.

It's an aggressive blaming of others when they themselves could hold full accountability for what they are choosing to do with their own life. It's somewhat like the behaviour of a young child that's unhappy as they didn't get their demands met. People typically go through developmental growth where they acquire more appropriate behavioural responses for adult life.

There will sadly be some bigoted people around us but they're a different problem. Personal interests and preferences are part of what makes us who we are. They do change over time but ultimately where someone is clear about their limited interests, it is very helpful for those who may have been about to waste time and effort to send a message.

over a year ago

No and I agree there are bigoted people on here in many many ways

Cool, although i probably killed of the thread now by pointing that out."

No worries I write for me no other reason lol

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Not sure it isan -ism but it's not a preference if you rule them out completely, you can't even use that word to justify your thoughts.

Not at all preferences are your natural choices of what you find sexually pleasing. That may be a person of a physical type etc.

So if your sexual preference is a size 8 blonde haired woman you would naturally turn down those that don't fit that "

Eh?

I may well prefer size eight women in the sense that I fancy them most, but I certainly wouldn't "naturally" turn down anyone else.

over a year ago

So if your sexual preference is a size 8 blonde haired woman you would naturally turn down those that don't fit that

Eh?

I may well prefer size eight women in the sense that I fancy them most, but I certainly wouldn't "naturally" turn down anyone else. "

So if your preferences are for a slim woman or muscular man you would arrange a meet with someone overweigh ?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"We should all respect each other all of the time, as standard.

People take issue with preferences typically when they aren't getting what they want - it deflects responsibility away from the actual person who could change their results or their response to it, on to someone else who is absolutely not responsible.

It's an aggressive blaming of others when they themselves could hold full accountability for what they are choosing to do with their own life. It's somewhat like the behaviour of a young child that's unhappy as they didn't get their demands met. People typically go through developmental growth where they acquire more appropriate behavioural responses for adult life.

There will sadly be some bigoted people around us but they're a different problem. Personal interests and preferences are part of what makes us who we are. They do change over time but ultimately where someone is clear about their limited interests, it is very helpful for those who may have been about to waste time and effort to send a message. "

As ever the voice of reason has spoken - especially nailed it with the "looking for someone else to blame" part

As I often say on threads bemoaning other people's preferences - unless they're harmful to you as a person, or are particularly bigoted, why worry about someone that doesn't want to meet you when you can focus on someone that does

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

Almost all such threads devolved into accusations of racism and finding someone to blame.

We can only agree to disagree.

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

You suggest you enjoy something, ask if others enjoy the same things. You get many who say 'never, a total turn off' etc. Fuck it, if it's not your thing why dissaprove, it doesn't float your boat. We are all a bit different from the norm on here. Just accept or decide you don't fancy it and don't bother to comment, why indicate you don't want it?

By *vetteBondTV/TS
over a year ago

English Riviera

I get loads of guys completely ignoring my preferences or worse trying to convince me that what I really want is them!

By *hewifeandiCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We get alot of ppl assuming the male half is stopping the female half from playing with other men but in fact it's so far from the truth she prefers to play with women but ppl find this so hard to believe

Post new Message to Thread