Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How many chances do you give someone

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have now arranged twice to meet the same guy and twice he has cancelled on me in less than a week.

Like everyone on this site, my time is very precious.

More so as I’m a full time carer for my mother. So I very rarely get me time as my caring is 24/7.

So if someone cancelled on you twice in less than a week, would you give them another chance to redeem themselves or just write them off as someone who enjoys the thrill of the chase but will never meet.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Normally just 1 but if I have believed them I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Depends if I’ve met them before, if it’s a newbie then I’ll allow them once or twice depending on how believable the excuse is

If it’s someone I’ve met before I’ll be fine with them cancelling it’s life it happens and I know they aren’t messing me about on purpose

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I only give obe chance now OP. This is due to people ghosting and cancelling at the last minute. It looks like he's playing you so I wouldn't bother a third time. X

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

One

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Depends what their reasons are. If they are genuine then it's 2 with me x

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

Shit happens....so i would always give someone a second chance, but that's it.

By *sm81Couple
over a year ago

warwickshire

No more than 2 to be fair

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

In your situation OP no more!!

over a year ago

"In your situation OP no more!! "

Exactly that OP

over a year ago

Two or three maybe. Then it's just a case of block and forget.

C

over a year ago

If they failed to turn up the second time that would be it for us

over a year ago

I’d say no more this guy must be an Adonis for you to be even asking

over a year ago

He cancelled already two times OP,for me he just sounds like he is wasting your time.I give one chance,if I get cancelled the second time I won't give another chance. Especially since you are a 24/7 Carer,just dedicate your time to someone who will value it xxx

over a year ago

"He cancelled already two times OP,for me he just sounds like he is wasting your time.I give one chance,if I get cancelled the second time I won't give another chance. Especially since you are a 24/7 Carer,just dedicate your time to someone who will value it xxx"

Agreed! Well said. If someone does not value your time they don't deserve your time.

over a year ago

I’d settle for just one chance to be honest

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

I usually give 2 chances but it depends on the excuse and how much notice they gave. And I tend to consider how long they've been on the site and how well verified they are - if it's a genuine sounding excuse and they've got good veris then we all have those times and I'll be more understanding.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

One.

There are many others to meet.

over a year ago

over a year ago

one strike rule here, one no show and off you go!

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

we used to give second chances but now let us down once and you shot your bolt! lol

over a year ago

One chance then move on!

over a year ago

If I had nothing else to do and hadn't changed my plans I would give more chances, but I might lose interest after a while.

over a year ago

I think he wouldn't get to chance no 3 with me. Plenty more hot guys around

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

Twice in a week? Time waster so no more if it was us.

By *impleSailorMan
over a year ago

the moon

Once is bad, twice is inexcusable usually

over a year ago

"I have now arranged twice to meet the same guy and twice he has cancelled on me in less than a week.

More so as I’m a full time carer for my mother. So I very rarely get me time as my caring is 24/7.

So if someone cancelled on you twice in less than a week, would you give them another chance to redeem themselves or just write them off as someone who enjoys the thrill of the chase but will never meet."

he;s taking the P , meet me instead

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Depends on who I was meeting and how much notice they gave me I suppose. Half way through my makeup session would be an instant block

over a year ago

If it was someone I was meeting for the first time, I would give them two. Real life does get in the way. No third time, especially if both meets were within a week!

over a year ago

I only give one chance..

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it very much depends on the reasons and the believability of those reasons, coupled with how much notice they gave etc.

To turn it around slightly OP, if as a full time carer, you had to cancel twice at the last minute because of unforeseen circumstances relating to care of your Mum (who would always take priority) would you expect to be given another chance?

Not saying this guy does, you haven't said why he's cancelled, but sometimes life does get in the way and you have to change plans. So you have to decide for yourself if the person is genuine in their reasons.

over a year ago

Go with your gut feeling. I suspect that as you are asking for others opinions you feel bad for not giving a third chance, but given your circumstances I'd advise move on, you owe it to yourself. Giving a third chance for a non meet will make you feel crap. Been there done that

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanku everyone for you’re feedback

I’ve decided to call time on it and will not be giving him another chance. For some this sounds harsh but I think to cancel twice in less than a week feels like he is messing me about. Yes I understand that everyone has a life outside fab and priorities, I of all people know this but I have this gut feeling I don’t think he is genuine about wanting to meet.

Like I said what little free time I do get I don’t want to waste it on something or someone that isn’t going to materialise. And as fir the comment about if the tables was turned and I had to cancel unexpectedly because of my mother being ill etc, that has happened and the person has been very understanding because I always make potential meets aware of my situation.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"I have now arranged twice to meet the same guy and twice he has cancelled on me in less than a week.

So if someone cancelled on you twice in less than a week, would you give them another chance to redeem themselves or just write them off as someone who enjoys the thrill of the chase but will never meet."

Men get one chance

Woman can have as many as they like (provided they give reasonable notice and a reasonable excuse)

He only rubbing his ego by keeping you on a bungee cord pulling you back when he chooses.

By *hrisUB3Man
over a year ago

Heathrow

Nobody gets a second chance!

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

cancel two times in a week it would be jog on from me

over a year ago

If he is from Grantham give him a wide berth lol I wouldn’t hun I’m sure you don’t have a shortage of offers of good looking guys so move on and find someone better

over a year ago

I usually give 6 chances for someone to cancel a meeting...

You have to factor in 2 sets of grandparents suddenly passing away, and also a cat/dog getting ill also...

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I usually give 6 chances for someone to cancel a meeting...

You have to factor in 2 sets of grandparents suddenly passing away, and also a cat/dog getting ill also..."

By *isa2018Couple
over a year ago

East Northamptonshire

2 chances IF the first cancellation seems a genuine reason and is genuinely apologetic.

Unfortunately it's all too common to either have guys avoid the subject or arrange to meet and then have something 'unforseen' come up at the last minute. Generally if that happens they either tell you last minute then disappear for hours/days, or just don't turn up then message again hours/days later with the excuse.

It is easy to sometimes find that special profile you like and gives you a tingle and excitement about meeting, but everyone still deserves respect. If they don't give you that respect then do yourself a favour and delete the messages and block them and look for the next one that will give that basic level of respect.

over a year ago

Does anyone find many guys canceling last minute more if it’s a no sex social?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Depends how much i’m gagging for it to be honest and if there is any other fella on the horizon i could call on instead.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Unless there are extenuating circumstances and they have to be really extenuating we give zero chances.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Only meet for the first time at clubs, if its a no show fair enough but we can have a good time anyway. After we’ve met at clubs then it is much easier to guage attraction and trust.

Post new Message to Thread