Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

female friends

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Most of my close friends are female . Purely platonic. Do you think this could be hindering my chances of finding a long turn partner?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation, it all starts off fine, then after a couple of months the little questions come, then you get the in-depth grilling, then the accusations start..... Vicious circle but I truly have no male friends apart from the guys in the local, but that's all they are, guys in the local, all long-term friends are female

By *moothCriminal_xMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Most of my close friends are female . Purely platonic. Do you think this could be hindering my chances of finding a long turn partner? "

I have a similar situation. I think it hinders me more because in use them as surrogates! Do mate dates rather than chase a real date. I work in the arts and enjoy theatre and galleries and arty crap the lads don't like so I share that with female friends. Do you think you might be similar?

Do you have feelings for any of these women? That might also be an issue.

I don't think most women would care at first. I think months into a relationship it might become more of a thing

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It entirely depends on how you are with your friends really.

over a year ago

I have mates dates with my female friends too

over a year ago

"Most of my close friends are female . Purely platonic. Do you think this could be hindering my chances of finding a long turn partner?

I have a similar situation. I think it hinders me more because in use them as surrogates! Do mate dates rather than chase a real date. I work in the arts and enjoy theatre and galleries and arty crap the lads don't like so I share that with female friends. Do you think you might be similar?

Do you have feelings for any of these women? That might also be an issue.

I don't think most women would care at first. I think months into a relationship it might become more of a thing"

To be honest,I have very strong feelings for my female friends. I see them as sisters. Very close family. I contact to them better Than guys . However, I would never cross that line . But I can see how it could be interpreted by a partner in a very different way . We ,I need to find a way of getting the truth over to a partner in a good honest and heartfelt way . Tricky.

over a year ago

"It entirely depends on how you are with your friends really."
how do you mean" how am I with my friends? We're close . Its a bit like a family until.

over a year ago

Are they fulfilling anything that would be a motivation for finding a partner if they weren't fulfilling it? Some people have friends of the opposite gender and although they are a not having sex, they are fulfilling or gratifying an aspect of romantic interest. Ask yourself why your friends are female and what do you get out of having mostly female friends. Having female friends could make it easier to find a partner or harder depending on the dynamics of your friendship.

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

"Most of my close friends are female . Purely platonic. Do you think this could be hindering my chances of finding a long turn partner? "

If you’re fucking them regularly and they know about each other, it could be

over a year ago

"Most of my close friends are female . Purely platonic. Do you think this could be hindering my chances of finding a long turn partner?

If you’re fucking them regularly and they know about each other, it could be "

helpful!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It entirely depends on how you are with your friends really.how do you mean" how am I with my friends? We're close . Its a bit like a family until. "

Lots of women like to feel that they're the most important person in a mans life. If he has female friends who are like family and few or no male friends they will find it difficult to deal with. Not every woman is like this though, lets hope you find someone like that

over a year ago

"It entirely depends on how you are with your friends really.how do you mean" how am I with my friends? We're close . Its a bit like a family until.

Lots of women like to feel that they're the most important person in a mans life. If he has female friends who are like family and few or no male friends they will find it difficult to deal with. Not every woman is like this though, lets hope you find someone like that

"

this is exactly what I've felt . I do sometimes think if I had male mates as close as my female friends,it might steel be a problem.

over a year ago

If you’re fucking them regularly and they know about each other, it could be "

Just spat my coffee out

Omg hahaha

From a female point of view here:

At school I played football so was always hanging out with the lads on a pitch somewhere as girls in my school were so annoying.

I have always worked in male dominated environments so I do get on with men better than females in work who can be so bitchy when a little power gets to their head.

That said I’ve a couple of female friends that I love like sisters because our friendship has developed into that with what we’ve all been through and done for each other.

I have no issue with a partner (if I had one) being besties with a girl or having more female mates as long as the girl(s) do not give me any shit for being with him (whoever he may be).

There’s nothing to be jealous of, surely if he wanted her they’d be together and not just friends?

If they fucked before I knew he existed it doesn’t matter.

The past has passed. Simples x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It entirely depends on how you are with your friends really.how do you mean" how am I with my friends? We're close . Its a bit like a family until.

this is exactly what I've felt . I do sometimes think if I had male mates as close as my female friends,it might steel be a problem. "

Well I think that when you get into a long term relationship that your focus needs to change slightly and move away from friends male or female while not neglecting them.

over a year ago

Also been there to, and its difficult.. I've a large female friend basis and my last relationship completely fell apart because of the jealously and insecurities.... yet her best friends where all male.. as we all know the dynamics of relationships and friendship change when you involved but when the person your involved with cant accept your friendships ... its all down hill from there am afraid

over a year ago

this is exactly what I've felt . I do sometimes think if I had male mates as close as my female friends,it might steel be a problem.

Well I think that when you get into a long term relationship that your focus needs to change slightly and move away from friends male or female while not neglecting them.

"

jogging act . But sounds close to what has to happen.

over a year ago

Just spat my coffee out

Omg hahaha

At school I played football so was always hanging out with the lads on a pitch somewhere as girls in my school were so annoying.

I have always worked in male dominated environments so I do get on with men better than females in work who can be so bitchy when a little power gets to their head.

That said I’ve a couple of female friends that I love like sisters because our friendship has developed into that with what we’ve all been through and done for each other.

I have no issue with a partner (if I had one) being besties with a girl or having more female mates as long as the girl(s) do not give me any shit for being with him (whoever he may be).

There’s nothing to be jealous of, surely if he wanted her they’d be together and not just friends?

"

over a year ago

Just spat my coffee out

Omg hahaha

"

Your social circle should be accepted by a long term partner that claims to love you...

A person like that wouldn’t have issues of mistrust towards platonic friends x

over a year ago

No, mine always have been and it has helped not hindered. Absolutely no doubt.

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

No, mine always have been and it has helped not hindered. Absolutely no doubt. "

yes find a woman that does not sweat the small stuff and neither should you , I work in female domain and have lots of female friends

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

A man who doesn’t have female friends is a bit odd, and so is a prospective life partner who would be suspicious of a man having lots of female friends.

Post new Message to Thread