Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Winkers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you wink at somebody on here and they reply with a wink of their own do you send them a message?

We rarely wink at people, but when people wink at us and we like their profile we return the wink. But then we often never hear from them ever again

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan
over a year ago

button moon

I send a wink to say I like the look and sound of them from their profile. If I receive a wink I'll look at their profile and if like what I see and read I'll always message them to chat and see where it leads

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

I send a wink if I’m not sure they will answer.

Save me wasting their time blocking up their messages.

If they don’t answer I get the message and move on.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"If you wink at somebody on here and they reply with a wink of their own do you send them a message?

We rarely wink at people, but when people wink at us and we like their profile we return the wink. But then we often never hear from them ever again "

Yeah can be pointless just winking back and become stalemate. It is a green light to make a move and message.

By *kbradMan
over a year ago

thurrock

On the rate occasion I get a wink I often message but then never hear back haha

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

"If you wink at somebody on here and they reply with a wink of their own do you send them a message?

We rarely wink at people, but when people wink at us and we like their profile we return the wink. But then we often never hear from them ever again

Yeah can be pointless just winking back and become stalemate. It is a green light to make a move and message."

If I get a wink back then I message them.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Returning a wink is a good way to get the ball rolling and in my experience has led to some very successful friendships and meets

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If someone winks and I like them I message them

By *etal MickeyMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

When I was on here before as a single and as a couple if i/we got a wink back i/we would send a message

over a year ago

Im in x

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

If we like the look of them we will send a reply rather than a wink.

Having said that, the majority of winks we get from accounts that seem fake or don’t meet.

By *2troubleCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I might wink back, but if they can't be bothered to message, why should I?! X

over a year ago

"If we like the look of them we will send a reply rather than a wink.

Having said that, the majority of winks we get from accounts that seem fake or don’t meet."

Yes we get that to but the fakes are fairly easy to spot now

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/01/19 13:08:24]

over a year ago

"I might wink back, but if they can't be bothered to message, why should I?! X"

Thats why we wink back. In the past we’ve wrote a nice message as a reply to a wink and then never heard a thing back lol

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

In my opinion, whoever sends the first wink should then send a message if the wink is returned.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"I might wink back, but if they can't be bothered to message, why should I?! X

Thats why we wink back. In the past we’ve wrote a nice message as a reply to a wink and then never heard a thing back lol"

I think if you don't delete the wink they cant wink back, having said that who would want to play wink ping pong anyway lol

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"I might wink back, but if they can't be bothered to message, why should I?! X

Thats why we wink back. In the past we’ve wrote a nice message as a reply to a wink and then never heard a thing back lol"

Tried to wink you but wouldnt let me. X

By *arly StagesCouple
over a year ago

Penwortham

If we get a wink and we like the profile we will either wink back or send a thanks for the wink message. Likewise if we send the initial wink and we get winked back at we will reply with a message.

By *mm and HerCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

We rarely wink at people, but when people wink at us and we like their profile we return the wink. But then we often never hear from them ever again "

Very similar to us - the majority of those we wink back, we never hear from again. Well, part from the 73 times over the next week that they look at our profile! But that's probably only 10% of who winks us on the first place - the rest generally have no info or are 83,000 miles away...

We do occasionally just message instead, but we need to have enough info to have made a decision to do so, and that's fairly rare. Even then, we often get a 3 word msg in response. Least winking back has meant we've only wasted 10 seconds of our lives I guess...

(Reads back - we're not quite so cynical really! Just...resigned to that this isn't easy x)

over a year ago

If we send a wink and receive one back then yes, we do send a message.

If they winked first and we like the look of them then we wink back.

Mrs

over a year ago

I send winks to people who’s profiles I enjoy and hope to get a wink back, it’s then that I’ll drop the person a message, I don’t like to just jump right into a message for some reason, I guess it’s cause a well thought out message can take time and we’ll if there not interested anyway it’s time wasted ay

over a year ago

We wink back and that’s usually the end of it

over a year ago

Very similar to us - the majority of those we wink back, we never hear from again. Well, part from the 73 times over the next week that they look at our profile! But that's probably only 10% of who winks us on the first place - the rest generally have no info or are 83,000 miles away...

We do occasionally just message instead, but we need to have enough info to have made a decision to do so, and that's fairly rare. Even then, we often get a 3 word msg in response. Least winking back has meant we've only wasted 10 seconds of our lives I guess...

(Reads back - we're not quite so cynical really! Just...resigned to that this isn't easy x) "

Pretty much exactly same experiences there

By *eybert77Man
over a year ago

Ramsey

If we send a wink and receive one back then yes, we do send a message.

If they winked first and we like the look of them then we wink back.

Mrs"

Same here

over a year ago

If wecwink its showing interest,, if they look at our profile and no wink back , then we take that as a no thanks

over a year ago

Totally agree with the majority on this.

If I send a wink and get one in return then I would follow it up with a message, it's an ice breaker. If I get nothing back then I assume I am not what they are looking for and keep optimistic for the next time

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

Yes I wink back to winkers rather than messaging. The odd time I do wink first, I’ve often had a message back but wouldn’t expect it and would message if they just winked in return.

By *oppet22TV/TS
over a year ago

huddersfield

I normally will reply to winks with thanks for the wink take it from there

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I do reply with a message to a wink but rarely, if ever, send them. I tend to find that most people ignore them anyway

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

"In my opinion, whoever sends the first wink should then send a message if the wink is returned. "

Agree x

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

If I'm interested I'll send a message on receipt of a wink

over a year ago

"If we like the look of them we will send a reply rather than a wink.

Having said that, the majority of winks we get from accounts that seem fake or don’t meet."

We send winks out to people but we’re definately not faking it - it’s just a gentle intro really - if we get a wink back we send a message.

Likewise we will wink back at people and usually a message follows from them.

That seems to be the protocol.

By *haggynMuffCouple
over a year ago

Kidlington oxtord

We send a wink so it doesn't waste time sending a long message when the other person might not be interested in us. If they wink back or messages us shows they are interested so then we will write a message.

over a year ago

Just winked at you Ha !

By *mm and HerCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Having said that, the majority of winks we get from accounts that seem fake or don’t meet."

More as a point of discussion than a serious suggestion - do you think people would take winks more seriously if they was a way to limit who could send them? Train of thought from the quote really. What if you had to have met in person 5 different people to be able to send a wink? It wouldn't completely get rid of timewasters, but a big chunk of them. And it would force people to their game on msging...?

Discuss!

By *londie8399Couple
over a year ago

blackpool

We wink back to show were intrested then send a message but some dont

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS
over a year ago

Northwich

The way I see it is if someone winks at me (move 1) and I like them I wink back (move 2) then the next move is there's

over a year ago

If it’s a decent profile that engages our interest usually message back thanking them for the wink, somebody needs to start the messaging .

over a year ago

I do wink here and there for those who grab my attention. I’ve got a lot of detail and a bit about me on my profile to give someone a chance to kind of get a picture about me.

However, I’m not a fan of people who wink with no profile pics and no profile text. What am I meant to base my judgement on? Thin air?

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I usually only wink someone in a Wink Thread. Sometimes it goes further, sometimes it doesn’t. To me they’re as meanful as Fab pics. I’d rather have a Meet but if a Wink gets the ball rolling then all good.

over a year ago

Just winked at you Ha ! "

Recieved and returned with a message x

over a year ago

That's how we've always played it, and if somebody winks us and we wink back we would expect them to make the next move.

over a year ago

If it’s a mutual wink I’ll initiate a message always unless they beat me to it x

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

i like to think so...

Cough....

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

When I get a wink, I will always send a ‘Thanks for the wink’ message if I like whom ever is sending it. Some times it’s replied too sometimes not, but rather than just wink back at least it’s a conversation starter.

By *wing_Bi4FunCouple
over a year ago

Truro

I have found exactly the same. I think a wink is returned with a wink and then should be followed up with a message no matter who did the winking first!

I've had one step further, because I delete my winks after a while. I then get a 2nd wink from.the same profiles who never bothered responding in the first place. Wink Tennis - what is that all about?! Just send a message!

Post new Message to Thread