Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Average household debt

By *voryforebony OP   Man
over a year ago

boogie town

Heard on the radio the other day that the average household debt across the UK was something in the region of £15,000.

This post of by no means a way to boost or pry but it got me thinking.

I've never carried debt. I've always paid off my credit card at the end of each month and haven't even used it now for over 12 months. I've only ever had 3 or 4 bank loans in 30 years. The most recent of which I overpaid every month and cleared it 12 months earlier than I needed to as just having the loan itself annoyed me.

But I often hear in the media about how many families have large debts and wonder whether I'm in a minority out of it the media making up even more fake news?

Without discussing personal details I would just like to know what your general thoughts are on this. Do a lot of families have debt or not.

Is this so called debt really debt too? If someone owes £15,000 but I'd servicing that debt then it's not really debt is it? Surely someone in debt is someone that is money but cannot afford to pay? Otherwise you could claim that anyone with a mortgage is in debt yet if they are posting the retired about each month then surely they cannot be. Your thoughts and comments would be interesting...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread