Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Perminantly deleting account

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is it that some people keep deleting their account and re entering a new one a week or so later ( and so on etc ) - usually same pictures, details...to me is has deceit written all over it. Or am I just missing something here ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This happened to me. Guy I met over a year ago. Went for a social, ended up coming back to mine. All good fun. He deleted his account. Then he came back not long after, we met again. Both times he wrote me a veri. But I wasn't keen to meet him again since. He kept on deleting his account and coming back - same username, same pictures, similar profile. And leaving me a veri, hoping to meet again. I had to block him every time straight away to stop him contacting me. Annoying

over a year ago

I think it's mainly because it's addictive.

You tire of it & delete account but then get drawn back and need to see whats out there, so rejoin

By *imon and saffyCouple
over a year ago

southampton

Could be a fake account, so they get kicked off and then come back the next week only to get reported and kicked off again.

Or could be an account that's doing it to keep trying to get certain people who keep having to block them.

over a year ago

It’s called guilt

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can well understand deleting and starting again once in awhile. There are a few on my local updates who seem to do it every day. I don't get it.

over a year ago

Some okay the ‘look at me game’. If you search you can search for new members can’t you? It’s just another list to appear on.

Like refreshing your status each hour.

It could be that.

over a year ago

Some do it for genuine reasons. I did it about 6 months ago because I was having major problems with someone. Changed my name, location and used all different pics, blocked them immediately and all good now.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Some okay the ‘look at me game’. If you search you can search for new members can’t you? It’s just another list to appear on.

It could be that. "

I know the ones who do it very regularly. They're on my mental "avoid like the plague" list, lol.

over a year ago

I couldn’t do it on my main account and lose all the veris and friends and stuff. That’d be mental.

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

I think as above it’s the ‘new member’ thing - I see quite a few regular female and couples profiles that do exactly the same thing every week or so like clockwork

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

"Could be a fake account, so they get kicked off and then come back the next week only to get reported and kicked off again.

Or could be an account that's doing it to keep trying to get certain people who keep having to block them."

I assume that's it in the case of the ones that disappear and reappear pretty much weekly. I assume they have pretty sad lives and too much time on their hands to blatantly keep recreating the same profile, posting the same stolen pics etc. Don't understand what they get from it.

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

"I think as above it’s the ‘new member’ thing - I see quite a few regular female and couples profiles that do exactly the same thing every week or so like clockwork "

But while being a new member can flag you up for attention it can also prevent you messaging lots of people for days, surely that negates the benefits. Why not just be posting pics and statuses?

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

"I think as above it’s the ‘new member’ thing - I see quite a few regular female and couples profiles that do exactly the same thing every week or so like clockwork

But while being a new member can flag you up for attention it can also prevent you messaging lots of people for days, surely that negates the benefits. Why not just be posting pics and statuses?"

Maybe for men but I think the added benefit of being on the new search list hugely outweighs the downsides for female and couples profiles - there’s a few that do exactly this for that reason and are virtually permanently on the new members list

over a year ago

When i met a new partner i did, however as that didnt quite goto plan i then was back on and discovered that my previous club that i used to goto burnt down!

Looks like I'll be going further afield as getting meets on fab is quite challanging!

over a year ago

Fabs addictive

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

So many reasons for people doing it. Sometimes they come back younger, sometimes they leave in a strop, they leave for personal reasons, to avoid someone etc.

I couldn’t be bothered with all that. I do hide every so often. A break does you good I think.

over a year ago

"Some okay the ‘look at me game’. If you search you can search for new members can’t you? It’s just another list to appear on.

It could be that.

I know the ones who do it very regularly. They're on my mental "avoid like the plague" list, lol. "

There you are, sometimes it’s not good to stand out.

By *rettyLittleThingWoman
over a year ago

Swansea

"This happened to me. Guy I met over a year ago. Went for a social, ended up coming back to mine. All good fun. He deleted his account. Then he came back not long after, we met again. Both times he wrote me a veri. But I wasn't keen to meet him again since. He kept on deleting his account and coming back - same username, same pictures, similar profile. And leaving me a veri, hoping to meet again. I had to block him every time straight away to stop him contacting me. Annoying "

Yeah this is annoying.. I've had a few people come back atleast 3/4 times (there's one guy who's rejoined 5 times) and ask for verifications back, and they would verify me first so I would feel like I'd have to do it then.

There's some people who do it and constantly reupload their pictures and they'd get to top fab but you'd see those pictures on top fabbed constantly.

over a year ago

"This happened to me. Guy I met over a year ago. Went for a social, ended up coming back to mine. All good fun. He deleted his account. Then he came back not long after, we met again. Both times he wrote me a veri. But I wasn't keen to meet him again since. He kept on deleting his account and coming back - same username, same pictures, similar profile. And leaving me a veri, hoping to meet again. I had to block him every time straight away to stop him contacting me. Annoying

Yeah this is annoying.. I've had a few people come back atleast 3/4 times (there's one guy who's rejoined 5 times) and ask for verifications back, and they would verify me first so I would feel like I'd have to do it then.

There's some people who do it and constantly reupload their pictures and they'd get to top fab but you'd see those pictures on top fabbed constantly. "

Well I didn't verify him since he started to be annoying as I didn't wanna meet him anymore. And blocking was the only option to keep him quiet. But my verification summary says I have at least 3-4 from him which I'm not happy about but cannot do much about it.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Who knows what peoples motives are there could be 101 different reason. Best not to stress to much about it

over a year ago

Swansea

"This happened to me. Guy I met over a year ago. Went for a social, ended up coming back to mine. All good fun. He deleted his account. Then he came back not long after, we met again. Both times he wrote me a veri. But I wasn't keen to meet him again since. He kept on deleting his account and coming back - same username, same pictures, similar profile. And leaving me a veri, hoping to meet again. I had to block him every time straight away to stop him contacting me. Annoying

There's some people who do it and constantly reupload their pictures and they'd get to top fab but you'd see those pictures on top fabbed constantly.

Well I didn't verify him since he started to be annoying as I didn't wanna meet him anymore. And blocking was the only option to keep him quiet. But my verification summary says I have at least 3-4 from him which I'm not happy about but cannot do much about it."

If you're not keen on the verification and it's still actually there (he hasn't left) you can perhaps ask admin to remove it? I once had someone verify me and we'd never even met and they were happy to totally remove it.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I always think its to get round peoples blocks.I had one a while ago who always used same name ,i blocked and he reappeared soon after.

I block newbies now due to this.

over a year ago

"I always think its to get round peoples blocks.I had one a while ago who always used same name ,i blocked and he reappeared soon after.

I block newbies now due to this."

Ooohh. This too. I honestly think it’s playing the game somehow.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Each to there own. People delete for all sort of reasons, but the large majority come back again in one form or another.

We notice serial deleters keep popping up in our area and won't ever arrange a meet with them. But if someone leaves, rejoins and asks for reverifying we will do it just once. If they leave and ask again we never bother to waste our time.

over a year ago

I think some do not realise you can hide your account if you feel you need a break, rather than delete it every time.

over a year ago

Swansea

"I always think its to get round peoples blocks.I had one a while ago who always used same name ,i blocked and he reappeared soon after.

I block newbies now due to this."

Yeah this too, I have two frequent reoffenders, one must of rejoined over 10 times over the years. And they send messages like they've never spoke to you with the same profile pictures ect.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Yeah this too, I have two frequent reoffenders, one must of rejoined over 10 times over the years. And they send messages like they've never spoke to you with the same profile pictures ect. "

That sounds like too much effort, why would you even want to speak to people that block you. I'm far too attached to my account to delete it.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Why is it that some people keep deleting their account and re entering a new one a week or so later ( and so on etc ) - usually same pictures, details...to me is has deceit written all over it. Or am I just missing something here ?"

Newbies get inundated with messages. After a few weeks the messages drop off to a trickle, unless that only happens to us because of our awful pictures!

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"I think some do not realise you can hide your account if you feel you need a break, rather than delete it every time. "

it does offer this option before you delete though! i think its mostly to get around reported and kicked off profiles

over a year ago

"I think it's mainly because it's addictive.

You tire of it & delete account but then get drawn back and need to see whats out there, so rejoin "

Yep that’s why I do it. I I’ve had loads of profiled over the years.

over a year ago

"So many reasons for people doing it. Sometimes they come back younger, sometimes they leave in a strop, they leave for personal reasons, to avoid someone etc.

I couldn’t be bothered with all that. I do hide every so often. A break does you good I think. "

I have noticed that when people come back younger! Maybe they feel younger after having regular breaks and that is reflected in the profiles fab age

over a year ago

"Why is it that some people keep deleting their account and re entering a new one a week or so later ( and so on etc ) - usually same pictures, details...to me is has deceit written all over it. Or am I just missing something here ?"

I've done it to get away from a work colleague.

By *rK MrsJCouple
over a year ago

Kidderminster

"Some do it for genuine reasons. I did it about 6 months ago because I was having major problems with someone. Changed my name, location and used all different pics, blocked them immediately and all good now. "

We've had to do the same.

By *voryforebonyMan
over a year ago

boogie town

Tax evasion I reckon...

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Even when I retire from swinging. I'm not deleting my account

over a year ago

Had a woman make a new account every few hours pretty much, for a couple of weeks ... Said "she" was a lesbian looking for much younger girls, same pics and bio each time and a status every now n then until "she" disappeared again... Wonder if it got "her" what she was after

over a year ago

Swansea

Yeah this too, I have two frequent reoffenders, one must of rejoined over 10 times over the years. And they send messages like they've never spoke to you with the same profile pictures ect.

That sounds like too much effort, why would you even want to speak to people that block you. I'm far too attached to my account to delete it. "

The 10 plus person is a pretty nutty person, he's said some disturbing things to me in the past hence the block.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"So many reasons for people doing it. Sometimes they come back younger, sometimes they leave in a strop, they leave for personal reasons, to avoid someone etc.

I couldn’t be bothered with all that. I do hide every so often. A break does you good I think.

I have noticed that when people come back younger! Maybe they feel younger after having regular breaks and that is reflected in the profiles fab age "

That must be it! A fab break makes you feel younger

over a year ago

So they don't get caught cheating?

That's one reason for one person I know lol

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Why is it that some people keep deleting their account and re entering a new one a week or so later ( and so on etc ) - usually same pictures, details...to me is has deceit written all over it. Or am I just missing something here ?

Tax evasion I reckon..."

nooooooo you can claim tax relief for fab lol

over a year ago

I'm guilty of this! Is my 3rd time on this account under this name lol but is purely cos I was getting nowhere but I'm taking a whole new approach this time haha! It is what it is..

over a year ago

Vice just did an article on Fab. Expect an influx of newbies

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xpp5v/what-i-saw-during-12-hours-on-the-hook-up-site-replacing-tinder?utm_source=vicefbuk&fbclid=IwAR0vpZ-B-eEZEYqpSJmjPnjF1LDWqt9Z2O7ppnlPgi1-4yCDqZQDt5jK7Qs

By *apasmurfkingMan
over a year ago

Costa Del Littlehampton

Just had a quick scan of that article.

That will make it even harder for us men on here then!

over a year ago

Swansea

"Vice just did an article on Fab. Expect an influx of newbies

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xpp5v/what-i-saw-during-12-hours-on-the-hook-up-site-replacing-tinder?utm_source=vicefbuk&fbclid=IwAR0vpZ-B-eEZEYqpSJmjPnjF1LDWqt9Z2O7ppnlPgi1-4yCDqZQDt5jK7Qs"

Oh my god, I scanned through that but they have screenshotted someone's verifications! That's really bad and not at all complimentary of fab anyway.

We seriously don't need more idiots turning up on here from that, i already had an encounter with someone this week who told me he uses this site for the "easy slags".

over a year ago

The individual I was referring to has already been verified & guess what - deleted her account ( or had her account removed ! )

Two days this time, let’s see how long before she’s back !!!!!

By *verReadyGirthMan
over a year ago

city centre

I think there’s a difference between those who get fed up with the amount of time they spend on here (unbelievable I know) and decide to cancel their account in an effort to reduce the amount of time they may feel they’re wasting, and those who frequently dip in and out of accounts for short periods with the same pics, before disappearing again. In my view there’s nothing wrong with the former, but I’m always wary of those who fall into the latter category.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

It always makes me laugh when people return and say they accidentally deleted their account. It is impossible to do it accidentally, you have to tick five boxes on different pages, scrolling to the bottom on a couple of them and once you've done all that you have to type the phrase 'I understand' into a confirmation box.

I really don't see how you can do all that accidentally!

over a year ago

For some its a game, for others its just FOMO..

What gets me is those that start a thread about how and why they are leaving, and people actually tell them to stay but before the thread reaches 100 posts they have disappeared...only to return the next day or week with a new profile..

Definitely attention seeking imo..

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We just his ours for four years.

Was still there when we came back. Starting again from scratch would have been easy enough but unless you're 100% sure you're not planning on coming back then hiding is certainly a wise choice

Unless there's a motive for starting afresh .......

A

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We just his ours for four years.

Was still there when we came back. Starting again from scratch would have been easy enough but unless you're 100% sure you're not planning on coming back then hiding is certainly a wise choice

Unless there's a motive for starting afresh .......

A"

*Hid. Not his

over a year ago

Does it really matter?

over a year ago

There is a woman near me that leaves and rejoins very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day

By *aron_TentakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

There's a couple of women in my area who have been changing their status to 'Leaving FAB, it's boring and you're all assholes' at least every third day for the last three months since I joined. Attention-seeking basically.

By *aron_TentakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"There is a woman near me that leaves and rejoins very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day "

Haha probably the same one since you're also local!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"There is a woman near me that leaves and rejoins very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day "

That's a lot of coming and going.

Snigger

A

over a year ago

"Does it really matter?"

It does to the op otherwise he would not have started the post

over a year ago

"There is a woman near me that leaves and rejoins very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day

Haha probably the same one since you're also local! "

Yep - slight variation on the name but the same pics each time

over a year ago

"There is a woman near me that leaves and rejoins very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day

That's a lot of coming and going.

Snigger

A"

Oh dear

Oh dear Oh dear

over a year ago

I think I’ll just name and shame her when she re appears

over a year ago

"Does it really matter?

It does to the op otherwise he would not have started the post "

In the GRAND scheme,of all things FAB,it obviously does!

After all,it’s a very important subject!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Does it really matter?

After all,it’s a very important subject!"

Nobody has said it’s a very important subject. It’s just something the OP wanted to start a thread about. And if he wants to then he should.

By *verReadyGirthMan
over a year ago

city centre

"Does it really matter?"

Good point. Not really.

over a year ago

Let me be clear, I couldn’t give a monkies, it just gets on my tits and was only interested in people’s opinions/debate

By *verReadyGirthMan
over a year ago

city centre

"Let me be clear, I couldn’t give a monkies, it just gets on my tits and was only interested in people’s opinions/debate "

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"I think it's mainly because it's addictive.

You tire of it & delete account but then get drawn back and need to see whats out there, so rejoin "

I did this about three or four times when I was a single lady. Usually because idiots were abusive towards me and I didn’t want the hassle. Then drawn back in! Don’t get abuse now we’ve joined as a couple and we’ve agreed if we get fed up we’ll hide this account rather than delete and start over!

over a year ago

"Does it really matter?

After all,it’s a very important subject!

Nobody has said it’s a very important subject. It’s just something the OP wanted to start a thread about. And if he wants to then he should. "

Same goes for Everyone and that includes me sweetheart!!

Xx

over a year ago

"There's a couple of women in my area who have been changing their status to 'Leaving FAB, it's boring and you're all assholes' at least every third day for the last three months since I joined. Attention-seeking basically. "

Check out the recent guy

Omg the biggest please look at me and tell me to stay load of shite I've ever seen on here

If your gonna leave leave pal

One less competition sausage in my japs eye

over a year ago

I've done this a few times. Be it starting a new relationship or family needs take over. I've tried hiding my profile, but the temptation to log on is too overwhelming and I find myself 'just quickly checking the forums'.... which ends up being a complete time stealer. The best option for me is to delete and come back when I've had time away. The veris are not important to me, as I'm more focused on the forums than meeting anyway .

Post new Message to Thread