Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Opinion

Jump to newest

By *andsome_Chef88 OP   Man
over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

If fab had a swipe feature would you enjoy it or think it’s a waste of time. Would it be beneficial for single males and women who don’t have to deal with the stress with hundreds of mail a day.

What’s your opinions on it and should fab decide to include it in

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In what sense? If you don't like a profile you swipe it you mean?

over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

"In what sense? If you don't like a profile you swipe it you mean? "

Similar to t*nd*r and other apps like that. So if you were to swipe left (for no thanks) they wouldn’t be able to contact you. And you could only talk to the people you’ve swiped right on and match

over a year ago

"In what sense? If you don't like a profile you swipe it you mean?

Similar to t*nd*r and other apps like that. So if you were to swipe left (for no thanks) they wouldn’t be able to contact you. And you could only talk to the people you’ve swiped right on and match "

I Would like this

over a year ago

Are there not enough 'swipey' apps for people who can't be bothered to read? Or to have a decent conversation with, rather than just 'hi hru?'.

Maybe there actually should be different versions of Fab- one for 30/35+ who understand the idea behind a conversation, and one for below that age, who are way too used to judging from the initial picture?

over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

"Are there not enough 'swipey' apps for people who can't be bothered to read? Or to have a decent conversation with, rather than just 'hi hru?'.

Maybe there actually should be different versions of Fab- one for 30/35+ who understand the idea behind a conversation, and one for below that age, who are way too used to judging from the initial picture? "

I think you missed the idea. You can still have a profile and verifications and the forum etc. But a swiping system. So you’ve got less hassle of ing through messages or in a single males case the rejection. Most single males get frustrated at the fact that they don’t get a message back and women just get abuse from a small minority. Just saying it could be beneficial to some. My

over a year ago

If my partner selection was based entirely on looks, I’d be in a swipey app already.

By *anDare70Man
over a year ago

kirkby

"Are there not enough 'swipey' apps for people who can't be bothered to read? Or to have a decent conversation with, rather than just 'hi hru?'.

Maybe there actually should be different versions of Fab- one for 30/35+ who understand the idea behind a conversation, and one for below that age, who are way too used to judging from the initial picture? "

By *voryforebonyMan
over a year ago

boogie town

A conversation to establish whether you may or may not be compatible rather than a 0.3 millisecond decision based on a photoshopped image... Now that's a radical idea!

over a year ago

Like the idea, get notification some one wants to contact you, you see their profile, their pics then swipe yes or no, nice and simple no more deleting endless messages from people that haven’t bothered reading your profile etc. No more of the ball ache of having to manually block them as I get over 200 messages a day it would be so much quicker. And that’s why some people wouldn’t want that as there will be no contact unless the person they’re contacting was interested.

over a year ago

Isn't winking pretty much the same thing?

I'm not a winker by the way.

By *inktasticUKTV/TS
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

.....if only I had the problem of too many messages....

Mary

over a year ago

"Isn't winking pretty much the same thing?

I'm not a winker by the way."

not really, that person can still contact you, re wink you re friend you every 30days, I do want to spend time every time I log in having to go through menus and selections to block People, just a simple swipe left or right job done x

over a year ago

*do not

over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

"Isn't winking pretty much the same thing?

I'm not a winker by the way. not really, that person can still contact you, re wink you re friend you every 30days, I do want to spend time every time I log in having to go through menus and selections to block People, just a simple swipe left or right job done x"

over a year ago

None of this is ever going to happen on this site. They (the owners) have no need to make any sweeping (swiping) changes to the format, since it's a very lucrative and very successful site as it is. Its simplicity is one of its strengths.

Go check out some other sites, and you'll find they're often too complicated for their own good and a pain to use. The main reason this site does so well is its ease of use.

over a year ago

"None of this is ever going to happen on this site. They (the owners) have no need to make any sweeping (swiping) changes to the format, since it's a very lucrative and very successful site as it is. Its simplicity is one of its strengths.

Go check out some other sites, and you'll find they're often too complicated for their own good and a pain to use. The main reason this site does so well is its ease of use."

No don’t agree nothing more simple then swiping right or left, it won’t happen because it would work to well, once people realise they can not contact people even though they know that meeting said person is not going to happen they wouldn’t pay subscriptions or hang around. The site probably would lose half or more of it members in a week. Reality does that and an awful lot of people can’t face it x

over a year ago

"None of this is ever going to happen on this site. They (the owners) have no need to make any sweeping (swiping) changes to the format, since it's a very lucrative and very successful site as it is. Its simplicity is one of its strengths.

Go check out some other sites, and you'll find they're often too complicated for their own good and a pain to use. The main reason this site does so well is its ease of use. No don’t agree nothing more simple then swiping right or left, it won’t happen because it would work to well, once people realise they can not contact people even though they know that meeting said person is not going to happen they wouldn’t pay subscriptions or hang around. The site probably would lose half or more of it members in a week. Reality does that and an awful lot of people can’t face it x"

So actually you do agree - my point is that the site works very simply and therefore is successful in its current format for the owners of the site as a winning money-spinner. You state that people would leave if they introduced the swipe thing, thus backing up the point that this is never unlikely to ever happen

Anyway, we all have an opinion, which is what this thread is about. Have a nice day x

over a year ago

London/Milton Keynes

It won’t work because the average age group on here is 35-45. I’d say the swipe feature caters for the age group of 18- to late 20s. As we’ve experienced it more on other apps. It’s like the saying. You can never teach an old dog new tricks

over a year ago

Please re read your post, I disagreed with what you said that a simple swipe left or right would be complicated, and I have not being critical of how the site runs at all never mentioned it at all it works well but as the op posted it could be made simpler to use. I’m here too meet people not massage peoples ego’s that can’t face rejection.

over a year ago

"It won’t work because the average age group on here is 35-45. I’d say the swipe feature caters for the age group of 18- to late 20s. As we’ve experienced it more on other apps. It’s like the saying. You can never teach an old dog new tricks "
I think this site gives a lot of people hope of meeting other people and in a lot of cases it does but there is an awful lot of people that don’t get to meet people for various reasons, but they have hope to keep re contacting people etc, I get hundreds of repeat messages even though I haven’t responded to the first message. The swipe left or right is final no more contact with someone that doesn’t want to meet you.

over a year ago

"It won’t work because the average age group on here is 35-45. I’d say the swipe feature caters for the age group of 18- to late 20s. As we’ve experienced it more on other apps. It’s like the saying. You can never teach an old dog new tricks "

And because their attention span is too short to spend more than a few seconds on one thing.

over a year ago

I'm really gonna enjoy swiping endless penis pics . Not.

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Similar to t*nd*r and other apps like that. So if you were to swipe left (for no thanks) they wouldn’t be able to contact you. And you could only talk to the people you’ve swiped right on and match

I Would like this "

Remember that this is a swingers site not a dating site. You might not be compatible today but as peoples boundaries shift you could be a perfect match. There's a block button if people really don't want to converse

over a year ago

"I'm really gonna enjoy swiping endless penis pics . Not."
there won’t be any or very few, no one would be able to send you unsolicited messages with dick pics you’d have to accept them contacting you before they could message you.

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"If fab had a swipe feature would you enjoy it or think it’s a waste of time. Would it be beneficial for single males and women who don’t have to deal with the stress with hundreds of mail a day.

What’s your opinions on it and should fab decide to include it in "

nope

over a year ago

I Would like this

Remember that this is a swingers site not a dating site. You might not be compatible today but as peoples boundaries shift you could be a perfect match. There's a block button if people really don't want to converse"

there isn’t enough time in the day to block everyone the swipe function is a block button a much quicker and easier way. In my case I could just select the people I want to meet with out opening endless messages asking the same thing over and over again then going into their profile to see what there about etc then going through the menu to block them.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

How would this possibly work on a desktop computer?

over a year ago

"How would this possibly work on a desktop computer?"
click left click right

over a year ago

Disagree. I have friends here who I don't want to fuck but happy for them to message me.

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I Would like this

Remember that this is a swingers site not a dating site. You might not be compatible today but as peoples boundaries shift you could be a perfect match. There's a block button if people really don't want to converse there isn’t enough time in the day to block everyone the swipe function is a block button a much quicker and easier way. In my case I could just select the people I want to meet with out opening endless messages asking the same thing over and over again then going into their profile to see what there about etc then going through the menu to block them. "

You may not have noticed. At the bottom of any incoming message the facility to delete or block is there without opening message or any profile. Fab really does have a simple system that's easy to use for us swingers enjoying the lifestyle.

Post new Message to Thread