Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Health risk.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

One thing that puts us off a lot is the possible health risks,are we too carefull? I don't think you can ever be too careful with such an important thing.

Nobody knows who we have been with etc.i know we can practice safe sex but if you do oral how is that safe.

Anyone else feel the same.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

If in doubt rubber up

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Ultimately it's about knowing and assessing the risks and deciding what your boundaries are based on them, coupled with getting regularly tested.

For any form of penetrative sex I will always use a condom, but oral I accept the risks (which for some STIs are less than for penetrative sex) and don't use any form of protection.

I get regularly tested (around once every three months) and also tend to get to know people a little before meeting to get a level of confidence that they have a similar outlook to their sexual health as I do. Know that's no guarantee but coupled with the other things I mentioned minimises the risks enough for me.

I've actually found that most people in this lifestyle that I've talked to are very responsible about getting checked etc and there's probably as much if not more chance of catching an STI if you met someone on a regular night out, than there is meeting someone who takes the swinging lifestyle seriously.

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Ultimately it's about knowing and assessing the risks and deciding what your boundaries are based on them, coupled with getting regularly tested.

For any form of penetrative sex I will always use a condom, but oral I accept the risks (which for some STIs are less than for penetrative sex) and don't use any form of protection.

I get regularly tested (around once every three months) and also tend to get to know people a little before meeting to get a level of confidence that they have a similar outlook to their sexual health as I do. Know that's no guarantee but coupled with the other things I mentioned minimises the risks enough for me.

I've actually found that most people in this lifestyle that I've talked to are very responsible about getting checked etc and there's probably as much if not more chance of catching an STI if you met someone on a regular night out, than there is meeting someone who takes the swinging lifestyle seriously."

Exactly our sentiments.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I do accept the risks for oral sex and use protection for sex. I don’t see any other way around having oral unless you don’t have it at all.

over a year ago

whilst i know its possible in my lifetime i know of nobody re oral

likewise you can catch something off a toilet seat ....

By *ifuwMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Ultimately it's about knowing and assessing the risks and deciding what your boundaries are based on them, coupled with getting regularly tested.

I've actually found that most people in this lifestyle that I've talked to are very responsible about getting checked etc and there's probably as much if not more chance of catching an STI if you met someone on a regular night out, than there is meeting someone who takes the swinging lifestyle seriously. Exactly our sentiments. "

Couldn't of put it better

over a year ago

use SH24 regular

free home test kits , well test and post back to be analyzed i mean

over a year ago

It appears that the most sensible way around this problem is to get to know all individuals involved and know them well... I took a look on the internet and searched for "how safe is oral sex" and the results were astounding...

For your own peace of mind, I urge you to look... Unless of course you don't mind a dose of gonorrhea, syphilis and HPV...I wouldn't count on the NHS to always cure your ailments as they are cutting back on sexual health clinics (there's a surprise) and antibiotics are becoming resistant too...

You can always rubber up with favoured condoms I guess....albeit not popular...

Have fun and sleep well...

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"One thing that puts us off a lot is the possible health risks,are we too carefull? I don't think you can ever be too careful with such an important thing.

Nobody knows who we have been with etc.i know we can practice safe sex but if you do oral how is that safe.

Anyone else feel the same."

This is a sobering thought.

You Can Get Throat Cancer From Oral Sex. On Sunday, in an interview with the Guardian, actor Michael Douglas revealed that his throat cancer was not caused by tobacco and alcohol, but by HPV, which was transmitted through oral sex.

over a year ago

There is risks in everything in Life, all you can do if minimise your own risks for what you are comfortable with. Oral without does pose a risk. Personally I'm happy to take that risk and be regularly tested but I meet so few people for play anyway as I prefer regular meets so it's minimised my risk again.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

We were very much hardened swingers for eight years . Two or three meets a week at least , usually double that .

We practiced safe sex for penetration , unprotected oral and went to our local gum clinic every six weeks . Maybe we were just really lucky but we didn’t catch anything .

But what I will say is that since we stopped swinging in May , it’s been rather nice not having to go to the clinic , and worrying about whether we’ve caught anything .

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS
over a year ago

Bolton

Will power. If a raging hard bbc is right there, ready to penetrate.....could I say no?

That would be a tough one!

Post new Message to Thread