Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Problem Solve Fake Profiles....

Jump to newest

By *arah_kieran_uk OP   Couple
over a year ago

Greater London

So we’ve only been on here a few weeks but keep seeing people talk about fake profiles. We’ve only interacted with a few (that we know of) so as there is an obvious frustration do you think an admin verification would work ie. proof of identity sent and verified by admin giving you a blue tick (or similar). Do you think it could work or have any other ideas?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Lea Marston

Photo verification is already in place. Admin have always said they have no intention of making it mandatory, some people object to it and they have the right to do that. They do make it mandatory for a small number of new profiles according to criteria of their own.

If you don't want to interact with people who aren't verified, you can set your filters to block them.

over a year ago

Greater London

Yeah it hasn’t really affected us (yet) but I would imagine it’s quite easy to photoshop that picture. Maybe proper POI is overkill but I’d imagine it would dramatically solve the problem real accounts have with being unsure on others.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I posted this on your original thread.

I don't think many people would be willing to send their official ID in this kind of capacity.

I honestly think that the best way is to develop an instinct for it, tread carefully, and take minimal risks.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"Yeah it hasn’t really affected us (yet) but I would imagine it’s quite easy to photoshop that picture. Maybe proper POI is overkill but I’d imagine it would dramatically solve the problem real accounts have with being unsure on others. "

....and would mean alot of genuine people would leave. No way would I trust a sex site with my private info. Think Ashley Madison type hack.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

"So we’ve only been on here a few weeks but keep seeing people talk about fake profiles. We’ve only interacted with a few (that we know of) so as there is an obvious frustration do you think an admin verification would work ie. proof of identity sent and verified by admin giving you a blue tick (or similar). Do you think it could work or have any other ideas?"

You can already get ‘photo verified’ by admin. It only really proves you are the correct gender/couple, there is no foolproof way to spot a fake. However, you can always request that they send you a photo of them holding up a piece of paper with a specific word or date on, video call them, chat on the phone etc. They’ll soon lose interest if they’re not who they say they are. Although you’ll still get time wasters or pic collectors. Ultimately, it’s all done to gut instinct and only sharing what you’re comfortable with.

Lou x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So we’ve only been on here a few weeks but keep seeing people talk about fake profiles. We’ve only interacted with a few (that we know of) so as there is an obvious frustration do you think an admin verification would work ie. proof of identity sent and verified by admin giving you a blue tick (or similar). Do you think it could work or have any other ideas?"

Could work, or even two step. Veri where you have to strike a certain pose. But there are some legit in photo Veri People and I don't know why you wouldn't. It takes five mins

over a year ago

Greater London

"I posted this on your original thread.

I don't think many people would be willing to send their official ID in this kind of capacity.

I honestly think that the best way is to develop an instinct for it, tread carefully, and take minimal risks."

I definitely think that is what would need to be weighed up. Spotting it unfortunately takes experience meaning you have to go through it many times before seeing similar traits but I totally understand what you are saying.

over a year ago

If you are talking thinks like driving licence or passport don't you think that would be a data breach issue likely to devastate people.

The reality is very few would do it and it would make the site a hackers delight for bl*ckma1l having email details proof of id and compromising photos. It would be one of the most lucrative sites about to hack.

over a year ago

Greater London

"So we’ve only been on here a few weeks but keep seeing people talk about fake profiles. We’ve only interacted with a few (that we know of) so as there is an obvious frustration do you think an admin verification would work ie. proof of identity sent and verified by admin giving you a blue tick (or similar). Do you think it could work or have any other ideas?

Could work, or even two step. Veri where you have to strike a certain pose. But there are some legit in photo Veri People and I don't know why you wouldn't. It takes five mins"

That maybe a better idea as a lot of people would feel uncomfortable using POI (even with block chain in place).

over a year ago

Greater London

"So we’ve only been on here a few weeks but keep seeing people talk about fake profiles. We’ve only interacted with a few (that we know of) so as there is an obvious frustration do you think an admin verification would work ie. proof of identity sent and verified by admin giving you a blue tick (or similar). Do you think it could work or have any other ideas?

If you are talking thinks like driving licence or passport don't you think that would be a data breach issue likely to devastate people.

The reality is very few would do it and it would make the site a hackers delight for bl*ckma1l having email details proof of id and compromising photos. It would be one of the most lucrative sites about to hack.

"

Good point, I think if blockchain was used by admin it would mean nothing would be stored but maybe an over expensive way of dealing with it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've actually yet to have a time waster, and I don't think I've had a picture collector. I may have been lucky so far, but there are ways, and you do still learn to look for patterns.

over a year ago

Greater London

"I've actually yet to have a time waster, and I don't think I've had a picture collector. I may have been lucky so far, but there are ways, and you do still learn to look for patterns. "

I think we may have had a few but to be honest before we decided to meet we’d definitely try put things in place to make sure we weren’t turning up to a single male.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've actually yet to have a time waster, and I don't think I've had a picture collector. I may have been lucky so far, but there are ways, and you do still learn to look for patterns.

I think we may have had a few but to be honest before we decided to meet we’d definitely try put things in place to make sure we weren’t turning up to a single male."

Oh, I mean I've never been stood up and the like. But yes, that's the kind of thing I mean.

over a year ago

Greater London

"I've actually yet to have a time waster, and I don't think I've had a picture collector. I may have been lucky so far, but there are ways, and you do still learn to look for patterns.

I think we may have had a few but to be honest before we decided to meet we’d definitely try put things in place to make sure we weren’t turning up to a single male.

Oh, I mean I've never been stood up and the like. But yes, that's the kind of thing I mean. "

Oh sorry thought you meant never came across time wasters or fakes on here lol

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh, I mean I've never been stood up and the like. But yes, that's the kind of thing I mean.

Oh sorry thought you meant never came across time wasters or fakes on here lol "

Ha. No. Every day.

over a year ago

"Yeah it hasn’t really affected us (yet) but I would imagine it’s quite easy to photoshop that picture. Maybe proper POI is overkill but I’d imagine it would dramatically solve the problem real accounts have with being unsure on others.

....and would mean alot of genuine people would leave. No way would I trust a sex site with my private info. Think Ashley Madison type hack."

Sites are being hacked all the time. Facebook yet again this week.

over a year ago

Being verified genuine is no guarantee that they aren't a timewaster.

Been let down many times when a better offer has turned up

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

Unfortunately we'll never get rid of these fake accounts. It's a nice idea with the other form of verification but like someone else said many would shy away from this. I'm not sure if the GDPR legislation would come in to play with that.

Maybe look at only talking to certain types of account ie site supports as that may help a little.

over a year ago

I honestly think that the best way is to develop an instinct for it, tread carefully, and take minimal risks.

I definitely think that is what would need to be weighed up. Spotting it unfortunately takes experience meaning you have to go through it many times before seeing similar traits but I totally understand what you are saying. "

If they want any sex chat or ask for more pics before you've met in person it's probably just a man wanking.

I prefer to meet for a social within 2 weeks of the first mail. That way we know we both exist, can see if there's an attraction, and if there's no spark we haven't wasted any time.

Trust your gut- if something feels wrong I think it's best to walk away.

over a year ago

Greater London

"Being verified genuine is no guarantee that they aren't a timewaster.

Been let down many times when a better offer has turned up "

Very true!

over a year ago

Greater London

I definitely think that is what would need to be weighed up. Spotting it unfortunately takes experience meaning you have to go through it many times before seeing similar traits but I totally understand what you are saying.

If they want any sex chat or ask for more pics before you've met in person it's probably just a man wanking.

I prefer to meet for a social within 2 weeks of the first mail. That way we know we both exist, can see if there's an attraction, and if there's no spark we haven't wasted any time.

Trust your gut- if something feels wrong I think it's best to walk away. "

Yeah unfortunately we can’t do a lot of socials due to kids, work etc.... but if possible that’s definitely a way to go! To be honest the ones that we just shake our heads at are the no picture profiles and then want to chat!! Or the one liner messages. But above all is the “Hi how are you, do you have Face Pics?!”

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

As a couple you can be fussy. One liners, no pictures, generic messages: just delete them.

I see socials as part of my safety plan, to be honest. Look someone in the eye and see if I think they're a creep.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

We’ve been stood up by well verified couples, as said earlier obviously a better offer must have come along. Even verified accounts on here are no guarantee. The last verifications could have been over a year ago, the couple could have split up since then and it could be just one half of the couple still keeping the account open. This site is a mine field of fakes, chancers, time wasters and true genuine profiles thrown into the mix. There seems to be no easy way of deciphering which is which. It’s all about gut instincts and luck. Happy fabbing!

over a year ago

Greater London

"As a couple you can be fussy. One liners, no pictures, generic messages: just delete them.

I see socials as part of my safety plan, to be honest. Look someone in the eye and see if I think they're a creep. "

Ha ha love that before ordering drinks stare for 30 seconds then say actually I’ve decided you’re a creep Lol or hopefully the later your not a creep bottle of Proseco lol

over a year ago

I thought I'm usually a good spot of a fake profile. I was having a sexy flirt last night with a local newbie, fell asleep while chatting to find her profile completely give this morning. Ahhh!!!

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Being verified genuine is no guarantee that they aren't a timewaster.

Been let down many times when a better offer has turned up

Very true! "

Exactly, you can have as many tics and pics in place as you like, it still doesn’t mean you will turn up to meet someone.

over a year ago

I honestly think that the best way is to develop an instinct for it, tread carefully, and take minimal risks."

If we had to send official ID then I wouldn’t be here - I don’t actually have any ID

over a year ago

Greater London

If we had to send official ID then I wouldn’t be here - I don’t actually have any ID"

Definitely wouldn’t say it is compulsory but as an additional option to have a blue tick or similar. Others have suggested good alternatives though.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"We’ve been stood up by well verified couples, as said earlier obviously a better offer must have come along. Even verified accounts on here are no guarantee. The last verifications could have been over a year ago, the couple could have split up since then and it could be just one half of the couple still keeping the account open. This site is a mine field of fakes, chancers, time wasters and true genuine profiles thrown into the mix. There seems to be no easy way of deciphering which is which. It’s all about gut instincts and luck. Happy fabbing! "
Have to agreed with this especially the bit about couples splitting up and one half (normally male half) of the couple keeping the account going.

over a year ago

Good point, I think if blockchain was used by admin it would mean nothing would be stored but maybe an over expensive way of dealing with it."

Blockchain is hackable don't think its not someone determined enough can. The prize could be if admin are accurate 50000 people who could be threatened with exposure. After all exposure threat is expanding rapidly right now.

By *r_Jake70Man
over a year ago

London

" you can always request that they send you a photo of them holding up a piece of paper with a specific word or date on, video call them, chat on the phone etc. They’ll soon lose interest if they’re not who they say they are "

When I suspect that I may be chatting with a fake account, (and it’s much less often here than on other sites) I always ask for some photo or video identification. Some takers go to astonishing (but always obvious) lengths to try and fake photos, often with hilarious results. At which point I start to properly wind them up, tell them how keen I am, and get them jumping through even more hoops. I had one poor Asian student (he was only on line in the middle of the night and said ‘she’ was on night shifts) who was pretending to be his sister, and had lots of pictures of her, tangled up for about a year on and off. I still have no idea why he was doing it.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

" you can always request that they send you a photo of them holding up a piece of paper with a specific word or date on, video call them, chat on the phone etc. They’ll soon lose interest if they’re not who they say they are

When I suspect that I may be chatting with a fake account, (and it’s much less often here than on other sites) I always ask for some photo or video identification. Some takers go to astonishing (but always obvious) lengths to try and fake photos, often with hilarious results. At which point I start to properly wind them up, tell them how keen I am, and get them jumping through even more hoops. I had one poor Asian student (he was only on line in the middle of the night and said ‘she’ was on night shifts) who was pretending to be his sister, and had lots of pictures of her, tangled up for about a year on and off. I still have no idea why he was doing it. "

Hardly a mature way to deal with fakes. Block and report is much easier. As for responding to specific requests to prove genuine, alot of genuine folk don't jump thro hoops.

Post new Message to Thread