Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Hotels Scams

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey just a note on something to be careful off. I have been around the scene for years so don't suffer fools gladly. The latest scam is they pay for a room at a hotel send you by Kik the picture of the booking and ask you for your half which you send by transfer into a bank account. But they then cancel the room keep your half get the full refund. Sometimes they book the room your keen one and pay the full amount just a word of warning. I played along and only sent them 10 quid and said I will pay after 1.05 on the day of the meet after confirming the booking was still in place (knowing no refund after 1pm)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

If there are people out there doing that, and they're from this site, then you should report the profile to admin.

I think the trouble is there are many here that are so desperate to meet that scams like this will inevitably work.

My advice to anyone is to make as many checks as reasonably possible to be sure that you're not being ripped off and/or having your time wasted.

Personally I wouldn't meet anyone until I had spent some time messaging and getting to know the person, and usually had a social, all of which in itself builds a level of confidence both ways that all is above board.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not that we meet in hotels, but if we were too then we wouldn't pay until we were there and could hand them in person our share. If they wouldn't accept that way of doing things, we simply wouldn't meet them. No chance we're sending money to a stranger.

Poppy

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"Not that we meet in hotels, but if we were too then we wouldn't pay until we were there and could hand them in person our share. If they wouldn't accept that way of doing things, we simply wouldn't meet them. No chance we're sending money to a stranger.

Poppy"

seems simple enough to me

over a year ago

"If there are people out there doing that, and they're from this site, then you should report the profile to admin.

I think the trouble is there are many here that are so desperate to meet that scams like this will inevitably work.

My advice to anyone is to make as many checks as reasonably possible to be sure that you're not being ripped off and/or having your time wasted.

Personally I wouldn't meet anyone until I had spent some time messaging and getting to know the person, and usually had a social, all of which in itself builds a level of confidence both ways that all is above board. "

Everyone should just stop if theres any doubt about anything. if I'm not 100 percent confident, I just wouldn't carry on.

over a year ago

A fool and his money are easily parted

over a year ago

That's why I REPORTED it was so obvious that they were doing it and not very good at it.

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

"Not that we meet in hotels, but if we were too then we wouldn't pay until we were there and could hand them in person our share. If they wouldn't accept that way of doing things, we simply wouldn't meet them. No chance we're sending money to a stranger.

Poppy

seems simple enough to me "

Exactly - fully agree

I have no problem in sharing the cost of a hotel and pay my share accordingly if it’s with a couple - but I would as above pay them in cash at the meet - if that’s unacceptable and they want a bank transfer up front massive alarm bells need to start ringing

over a year ago

Poppy

Exactly - fully agree

I have no problem in sharing the cost of a hotel and pay my share accordingly if it’s with a couple - but I would as above pay them in cash at the meet - if that’s unacceptable and they want a bank transfer up front massive alarm bells need to start ringing "

Hi there. My name is Adedayo and I am a very important man in my country. For you I have some great advice. I will message you my bank details now. For just $500 I will give you advice to make you rich and have more pussy than you can cope with. I look forward to doing business with you

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Poppy

Exactly - fully agree

I have no problem in sharing the cost of a hotel and pay my share accordingly if it’s with a couple - but I would as above pay them in cash at the meet - if that’s unacceptable and they want a bank transfer up front massive alarm bells need to start ringing

Hi there. My name is Adedayo and I am a very important man in my country. For you I have some great advice. I will message you my bank details now. For just $500 I will give you advice to make you rich and have more pussy than you can cope with. I look forward to doing business with you "

Profile says your name is Dominus.....I smell a rat

over a year ago

"A fool and his money are easily parted "

If your stupid enough to be scammed....good luck to the scammer i say and we'll done to 'em

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Hey just a note on something to be careful off. I have been around the scene for years so don't suffer fools gladly. The latest scam is they pay for a room at a hotel send you by Kik the picture of the booking and ask you for your half which you send by transfer into a bank account. But they then cancel the room keep your half get the full refund. Sometimes they book the room your keen one and pay the full amount just a word of warning. I played along and only sent them 10 quid and said I will pay after 1.05 on the day of the meet after confirming the booking was still in place (knowing no refund after 1pm) "

A guy I know recently got stung that way off of here .. whether it’s about being discrete or not fraud is fraud so I would def report to the police

over a year ago

"A fool and his money are easily parted

If your stupid enough to be scammed....good luck to the scammer i say and we'll done to 'em "

over a year ago

Poppy

Exactly - fully agree

Hi there. My name is Adedayo and I am a very important man in my country. For you I have some great advice. I will message you my bank details now. For just $500 I will give you advice to make you rich and have more pussy than you can cope with. I look forward to doing business with you

Profile says your name is Dominus.....I smell a rat "

Actually I’m Kinky but that’s another story

over a year ago

It's simple really, don't pay for any meet. If someone wants to book a room and invite people to join them, then they should pay. When I have paid for a room I don't expect any contribution from whom I meet!

over a year ago

If your stupid enough to be scammed....good luck to the scammer i say and we'll done to 'em "

Really? This is good advice today is it?

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

If your stupid enough to be scammed....good luck to the scammer i say and we'll done to 'em

Really? This is good advice today is it? "

Well said !! Lol it’s not even advice ! People get scammed for all sorts of reasons and yes of course there are the obvious ones where we all smack our hand in our foreheads in despair of some people but you have to remember that some people do not always see bad in others and are more trusting

Good luck to the scammer ? Hmm i think that’s uncalled for

Would you say good luck to the scammer if it was a little old lady that had been scammed from her life savings because some sad sack of shit has duped her with house repairs ??

I think not

over a year ago

Jeez. Someone makes a post on here in good faith trying to impart a bit of knowledge and he gets a load of smart arse comments.

No wonder this forum is dying on its arse.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Well said !! Lol it’s not even advice ! People get scammed for all sorts of reasons and yes of course there are the obvious ones where we all smack our hand in our foreheads in despair of some people but you have to remember that some people do not always see bad in others and are more trusting

Would you say good luck to the scammer if it was a little old lady that had been scammed from her life savings because some sad sack of shit has duped her with house repairs ??

I think not "

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with this and MisterBee's earlier comment - as I alluded to in my earlier post, there are sadly some on here that get blinded by the possibility of a meet/sex and will rush foolishly into paying upfront without really thinking things through - and it's because of that, in this instance, that the scam works.

Not that I am condoning the scammers in any way shape or form - but sometimes if people thought with their head and not their cock this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

If something smells fishy then it usually is fishy!!

over a year ago

"Jeez. Someone makes a post on here in good faith trying to impart a bit of knowledge and he gets a load of smart arse comments.

No wonder this forum is dying on its arse."

My reply was pure wit not a smart arse comment

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I think not

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with this and MisterBee's earlier comment - as I alluded to in my earlier post, there are sadly some on here that get blinded by the possibility of a meet/sex and will rush foolishly into paying upfront without really thinking things through - and it's because of that, in this instance, that the scam works.

Not that I am condoning the scammers in any way shape or form - but sometimes if people thought with their head and not their cock this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

If something smells fishy then it usually is fishy!!"

I can’t argue with that but I do have a softer side (yes I know I come across as a sarcastic Bitch on here) haha but it’s very easy to be misled especially by a pretty face male or female and of course the possibility of some steaming hot sex !

I myself have been duped by fakes on here arranging meets and because I should have been a PI lol I’ve luckily found out before it’s too late !

Like you say if it’s too good to be true it most probably is but I don’t like to see anyone mugged off

over a year ago

I think not

If something smells fishy then it usually is fishy!!

I can’t argue with that but I do have a softer side (yes I know I come across as a sarcastic Bitch on here) haha but it’s very easy to be misled especially by a pretty face male or female and of course the possibility of some steaming hot sex !

I myself have been duped by fakes on here arranging meets and because I should have been a PI lol I’ve luckily found out before it’s too late !

Like you say if it’s too good to be true it most probably is but I don’t like to see anyone mugged off "

I said the same above GM, if your not 100%, don't do it.

But comments 'good luck to the scammers'. Makes me feel your one of them, or you're akin to trying something on with someone aswell. Just my opinion.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"

But comments 'good luck to the scammers'. Makes me feel your one of them, or you're akin to trying something on with someone aswell. Just my opinion. "

And a damned fine opinion it is too MB - as I said in my previous I couldn't agree more - was just making the point that some people don't help themselves (or more to the point help the scammers) because of their desperation for a meet.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I started getting suspicious as soon as 'pictures on kik' was in the sentence.

Because of that Fab has no evidence of the scam and can't act.

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

I agreed to meet a girl from this website. We had exchanged messages and spoken at length on the phone several times.

On the day of the proposed meet she messaged to say she would not be able to make the hotel booking on her credit card, but being a thoroughly modern woman and in the interests of equality that she would pay half in cash when we met at the hotel.

On the day in question things went so well that I didn't even think to ask for any money. Before she left, she insisted I took her 3, crisp £10 notes.

As the hotel was only £59.99 I celebrated a huge 1/2p win.

over a year ago

"I agreed to meet a girl from this website. We had exchanged messages and spoken at length on the phone several times.

On the day of the proposed meet she messaged to say she would not be able to make the hotel booking on her credit card, but being a thoroughly modern woman and in the interests of equality that she would pay half in cash when we met at the hotel.

On the day in question things went so well that I didn't even think to ask for any money. Before she left, she insisted I took her 3, crisp £10 notes.

As the hotel was only £59.99 I celebrated a huge 1/2p win."

1/2p up, means she paid you for sex! you're a hooker! And a cheap one at that!

over a year ago

I never mentioned Pics on KIK but I have all the screen shots I did not fall for the scam and saved the screen shots etc including the hotel booking I turned up for the meeting and at 13.05 before paying any more money checked with the hotel the person had cancelled the room Strange at the same time messaging me for the balance. I put the warning on here to protect the lifestyle and the site.

over a year ago

Really? This is good advice today is it? "

Dunno...I didn't give advice. Can't advise people not to be thick

Post new Message to Thread