Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

looking to put weight on

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

can anyone give me some advice on putting weight on i have weighed the same since i was 16 im now 29 and still the same weight i eat 4 full meals a day and still dont put any weight on and people say i look anarexic any help would be appreciated x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Be proud, slim is lovely. Love the lady that is verrrrry curvy and wobbles x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Weight or muscle?

over a year ago

"Protein shakes and heavy weights" .. I've been taking this shake called Optimum Nutrition: Serious Mass for a couple of years whilst doing heavy weights, as I was in the same prediciment. In total I've put on five stone, but thats over five/six years. Massive calories. Worth a go!

over a year ago

"can anyone give me some advice on putting weight on i have weighed the same since i was 16 im now 29 and still the same weight i eat 4 full meals a day and still dont put any weight on and people say i look anarexic any help would be appreciated x"

You can't fatten a thoroughbred

over a year ago

You appear to be ectomorph in build. There's 3 bodytypes people can fall within or between ectomorph, meosmoph and endomorph. All capable of putting weight/muscle on but use different strategies.

For your body type you naturally find it difficult to put on weight due to fast metabolism (lucky bugger) if you workout focus on large muscle groups and short intense workouts like circuit training or kettlebells.

Dietwise incorporate cheat meals in to your week and increase your meal intake to 7 small meals (this includes two protein shakes) use meal 7 (shake) before bed to prevent muscle catabolism

Bodybuilding.com is a good site gives loads of info about workouts and nutrition for both male and female. Don't let the name put you off its a good database

over a year ago

"can anyone give me some advice on putting weight on i have weighed the same since i was 16 im now 29 and still the same weight i eat 4 full meals a day and still dont put any weight on and people say i look anarexic any help would be appreciated x

You can't fatten a thoroughbred "

thanks ill take that as a compliment x

over a year ago

"You appear to be ectomorph in build. There's 3 bodytypes people can fall within or between ectomorph, meosmoph and endomorph. All capable of putting weight/muscle on but use different strategies.

For your body type you naturally find it difficult to put on weight due to fast metabolism (lucky bugger) if you workout focus on large muscle groups and short intense workouts like circuit training or kettlebells.

Dietwise incorporate cheat meals in to your week and increase your meal intake to 7 small meals (this includes two protein shakes) use meal 7 (shake) before bed to prevent muscle catabolism

Bodybuilding.com is a good site gives loads of info about workouts and nutrition for both male and female. Don't let the name put you off its a good database "

thanks will check it out

over a year ago

thanks for the replys guys x

over a year ago

i just find it difficult to meet with been so slim x

over a year ago

"Weight or muscle?"

both

over a year ago

"Be proud, slim is lovely. Love the lady that is verrrrry curvy and wobbles x"

aww thanks for the compliment x

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

If you are genuinely struggling to put weight on and you're not doing excessive exercise then you should probably see a Doctor, because it sounds like there could be something wrong with you.

There might not be, but best to rule out problems.

over a year ago

thanks ive had tests and all that done on my thyroid and stuff but all.normal

By *ucy LewdWoman
over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

"thanks ive had tests and all that done on my thyroid and stuff but all.normal "

Did you ask your doctor how they would recommend you put weight on safely?

over a year ago

they said just exercise

over a year ago

"can anyone give me some advice on putting weight on i have weighed the same since i was 16 im now 29 and still the same weight i eat 4 full meals a day and still dont put any weight on and people say i look anarexic any help would be appreciated x"

Look alright to me try a pic standing up straight though x

over a year ago

"can anyone give me some advice on putting weight on i have weighed the same since i was 16 im now 29 and still the same weight i eat 4 full meals a day and still dont put any weight on and people say i look anarexic any help would be appreciated x

Look alright to me try a pic standing up straight though x"

thanks x

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I was the same...... until i was about 37 when i jumped from my usual 11.5 stone to a portly 12.5! I stopped eating bread to get down to 11.10 stone ish. Now with press ups and a little bit of weight lifting I'm at 12. Still not likely to get a meet though! Maybe eating more bread is what you need?!

over a year ago

Wish I had this problem lol

over a year ago

"Wish I had this problem lol "

Me too...!!!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

A word of warning though. It seems our body shape has a habit of storing fat around our middles, so if you're not careful you can end up skinny as a rake, but with a beer belly. And that my friends is not a sexy look.

over a year ago

I've seen and helped guys in this situation, essentially it's going to be a bit of a slog mate.

Weight is determined by calories. Simple as that. If you want to be heavier you need to eat more of them. Snacking will be your friend.

Body composition (muscle to fat ratio) is determined by excercise. So as above, some weight training would be advisable. However, you do seem to be an atypical ectonorph so far gain probably won't be too much of an issue.

It'll take time, but if you're consistent then you'll see results

over a year ago

One would say you are lucky.. Eat food with saturate fats no shakes/chemicals and do weights. Porridge is also good

over a year ago

Don't worry mate you're not the only one in this boat, I'm not dangerously underweight or anything but I've weighed 9 stone and been a 28 waist since I was 14 and recently been given a gym workout and protein subblements by my doctor / nutritionist. Think it'd be boring if everyone looked the same!!

over a year ago

why you look perfect the way you.are x

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Following. Hopefully get some helpful tips here.

over a year ago

I remember reading an interview with an WWE wrestler that said he struggled to gain weight and he started eating 5 - 6 meals a day with 2 - 3 Mars Bars. Personally I prefer Snickers as the peanuts add more calories.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

I feel your pain. I’m exactly the same. Have tried protein shakes etc but to no avail. Have noticed that beer and peanuts seems to have an affect on me. So lifting pints and munching peanuts in a pub is my remedy. Beats going to a gym in my book lol.

Mr

over a year ago

Me too! Always the men who have this problem ha ha

Wifey x

over a year ago

"I was the same...... until i was about 37 when i jumped from my usual 11.5 stone to a portly 12.5! I stopped eating bread to get down to 11.10 stone ish. Now with press ups and a little bit of weight lifting I'm at 12. Still not likely to get a meet though! Maybe eating more bread is what you need?! "

No!!! Don’t eat more bread that’s my problem....well and other food I guess

over a year ago

It’s ok wait until next year (when you turn 30)

I was the same, 32” waist at 6’3 made me look skinny as hell... not amount of eating made a difference... then I suddenly went to 34” and now a comfortable 38/40” (depending on where I buy trousers LOL) once I hot the big 3-0.

Now the bugger is trying to lose some of it!!!!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I was skinny all my life until mid 20s when I took up weights. In my first 2 weeks I put on 3 stone,no steroids,fat and muscle but like u I could do with some fat

All by eating every 2-3 hours and doing weights

Be careful tho I ended up touching 18 stone

over a year ago

ideally id like to be around 14 15 stone x

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"ideally id like to be around 14 15 stone x"

At 5ft 6! You'd look odd.

over a year ago

okay nayve about 12 13

over a year ago

"okay nayve about 12 13 "

Still too much

By *RnMrsFreakCouple
over a year ago

Hull,England

#me too. Was 36 before I hit 10 stone so I know your plight (Mr here), and I tried. Didn't have the info then as we do now to help with effective regimes and didn't understands about bodytypes etc. Now I can no longer exercise due to illness so it's a good thing I didn't pile it on.

We have a good and healthy bodytype and I've grown to appreciate it, especially as the people who used to take the piss are now walking around like weebles and half of them fighting diabetes.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

[Removed by poster at 24/11/17 10:14:45]

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"okay nayve about 12 13 "

Unless you're planning on becoming a royal marine, aim at 11-12.

over a year ago

"#me too. Was 36 before I hit 10 stone so I know your plight (Mr here), and I tried. Didn't have the info then as we do now to help with effective regimes and didn't understands about bodytypes etc. Now I can no longer exercise due to illness so it's a good thing I didn't pile it on.

We have a good and healthy bodytype and I've grown to appreciate it, especially as the people who used to take the piss are now walking around like weebles and half of them fighting diabetes."

i imagine you never took the piss out of the ‘weebles’ when you were younger then

over a year ago

I’d give you some of mine, OP. Gladly!

over a year ago

oh thanks z

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Protein powders I think they are called to supplement a good diet. Lots of chicken. Not the breaded stuff that I like though lol. Plus free weights. As someone said above. More regular smaller meals.

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"It’s ok wait until next year (when you turn 30)

I was the same, 32” waist at 6’3 made me look skinny as hell... not amount of eating made a difference... then I suddenly went to 34” and now a comfortable 38/40” (depending on where I buy trousers LOL) once I hot the big 3-0.

Now the bugger is trying to lose some of it!!!! "

In my mid 50’s & still bloody waiting. My waist remains at 28” & weight unchanged in 30 years.

Any help to gain some pounds (& maybe muscle) would be greatly appreciated from the Forumites.

over a year ago

thanks for the responses guys

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Bookmark for later

over a year ago

Start with a basic weight training program at the gym and eat eat eat. Start with a personal trainer if you don’t feel confident enough although all the information you need will be online so you can educate yourself.

Get the calories down you. Lots of protein and carbs. Don’t worry about eating crap either.

Get an all in one weight gainer shake rather than a whey one.

Stick to it and you’ll see a difference. Everyone starts somewhere.

over a year ago

"ideally id like to be around 14 15 stone x"

Your profile states your 5ft 6 sorry you wouldn't look right weighing 14-15 stone at that height.

Am 6ft and weigh 13 stone, go by how look in the mirror not what you weigh on the scales. That goes for losing weight as well.

Simple fact is to gain weight you need to consume more calories than you burn off each day and to loose weight burn off more calories than you consume each day.

over a year ago

The problem is people think they're eating loads when they're not. I'm online 9.5st at 5ft 8, I got upto 10st with good diet and creatine and protein supplements but lost the half stone again because I got tired of eating the amount I was. Literally lost half a stone in a few days. But if you track your caloric intake precisely and aren't running 10miles a day you will gain weight. Eating gets tiring though as odd as that sounds.

By *cot611Man
over a year ago

carterton

get your lorry licence and find a gym that has a bar. sit in the lorry all day and enjoy a few pints sat in the bar, putting liquids in rather than sweating them out. grab a take away for a late tea then just lay back and watch your weight shoot up.

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

There seems to be a lot of ‘Bro Science’ in this thread!

I would get yourself checked in with a transformation coach with nutritional experience. It’ll save time and possible expense against making the wrong decisions.

Liverpool has an unbelievable amount of great coaches, do the research and make contact.

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

"If you are genuinely struggling to put weight on and you're not doing excessive exercise then you should probably see a Doctor, because it sounds like there could be something wrong with you.

There might not be, but best to rule out problems."

Post new Message to Thread