Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How do you turn people down?

Jump to newest

By *unkey_Duck OP   Couple
over a year ago

Kingslynn

How do you turn people down that you aren't attracted to and have no interest in meeting them? On Fab i mean. We try being polite but some simply don't get the hint and keep pushing and pushing for the meet. Usually, couples where we find one attractive but not the other.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We say no thanks, followed by blocking them so there's go butthurt comebacks.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Politely

By *asethebaseMan
over a year ago

Fareham

Honestly always works for me

over a year ago

I say polite no thanks take care happy swinging stay safe always x

over a year ago

I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"How do you turn people down that you aren't attracted to and have no interest in meeting them? On Fab i mean. We try being polite but some simply don't get the hint and keep pushing and pushing for the meet. Usually, couples where we find one attractive but not the other. "

You don't have to reply and once they start pestering, just block. Blocking is a positive tool of the site, not a negative one.

By *asethebaseMan
over a year ago

Fareham

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here. "

Would you turn me down

over a year ago

Kingslynn

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here. "
So you don't turn any of them down, you sleep with all of them?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We generally say something along the lines of "Thanks for your interest but you aren't for us / aren't what we're looking for. Happy swinging"

Not had any abuse so far.

Nita

over a year ago

I don't hint. I say no thank you, or not what I'm looking for, then block them.

over a year ago

Kingslynn

"We generally say something along the lines of "Thanks for your interest but you aren't for us / aren't what we're looking for. Happy swinging"

Not had any abuse so far.

Nita"

That's pretty much what we go with. No real backlash so far, just super determined pushy folk. Guess we will start using the blocky thingy.

By *i de BiCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

A simple `thanks but no thank you` xx

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Thanks for the message, not what I'm looking for at the moment, wish them all the best.

In seven years no tantrums/name calling.

By *oppy87Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

I actually just delete the message. As a single guy I’m turned down once or twice.... I had a polite “No thanks” once and I actually preferred it when couples or woman just deleted my mail ha.

By *ongueNcheek33Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

A simple thanks but no thanks and if they don't take that for an answer they get blocked

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

One pushy message and we block.

By *allieJWoman
over a year ago

East Lancashire

Many thanks for the message

But no interest on my part

Have fun.

Only had a couple of bad/rude replies.

over a year ago

If someone has sent a polite, well thought out message, I always reply saying 'thank you for your message, you're not for us I'm afraid' and wish them all the best. If they get pushy, or worse, stroppy, I simply delete their message and block them.

I used to be much more polite and interact with everyone who messaged, but after a few bad experiences with horrible, upsetting messages that got very personal, I'm much more cautious.

V x

By *r C Miss CCouple
over a year ago

llanelli

Hi thanks for the message, but you are not what we are looking for. We hope you find what your looking for. Have a good day.

Regards CnC

over a year ago

It's best just to block I find, I do often send a sorry too far away message first but I haven't sent a you're not for me one. I did tell a bloke I met from another site that he was not for me for regular, he was quite upset. X

over a year ago

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here.

Would you turn me down"

Yep.

over a year ago

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here. So you don't turn any of them down, you sleep with all of them? "

Yeah. If they’re fit and well hung obviously

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Very politely and hopefully no block required.

over a year ago

Kingslynn

[Removed by poster at 18/11/17 18:02:42]

over a year ago

"Very politely and hopefully no block required. "

This.

Not that's I've had to do it often. Although a couple have taken real exception to it! Generally the male half of couples though

over a year ago

Kingslynn

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here. So you don't turn any of them down, you sleep with all of them?

Yeah. If they’re fit and well hung obviously "

Boyfriend just read your reply over my shoulder and said "She looks nice. Remember to tell her i'm well hung and fit." lol

over a year ago

I just delete them if i'm not interested but if they send me the bloody ???????? i block the buggers.

over a year ago

"I don’t anymore. Too many delicate flowers on here. So you don't turn any of them down, you sleep with all of them?

Yeah. If they’re fit and well hung obviously Boyfriend just read your reply over my shoulder and said "She looks nice. Remember to tell her i'm well hung and fit." lol "

Just looked over my own shoulder and thought "shes nice" hehe

over a year ago

Kingslynn

"I just delete them if i'm not interested but if they send me the bloody ???????? i block the buggers. "
Good idea Batman.

over a year ago

I say sorry you're too far away. It's not personal so they can't be offended. Pretty much never get abuse. I never block unless they blocked me first.

over a year ago

Turning people down as a single guy is so awkward as people aren't often expecting it. So when you do it often comes as a bit of a surprise to them about they don't always take it well.

over a year ago

We always try to be honest and polite, and tell them they're not quite what we are looking for, but we always wish them happy swinging. Some people accept it without any problem, others don't. People need to realise that not everyone is attracted to everyone and people need to learn to handle rejection. We all face rejection at some point, it's part of life.

over a year ago

"How do you turn people down that you aren't attracted to and have no interest in meeting them? On Fab i mean. We try being polite but some simply don't get the hint and keep pushing and pushing for the meet. Usually, couples where we find one attractive but not the other. "

Evening, I'm not arranging any new meets, enjoy the site x

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

Sorry, not looking to meet at the moment, enjoy your time on fab.

By *ransGuyTV/TS
over a year ago

Cardiff

I reply with

"Thank you for your interest but I'm not interested, sorry."

And then I block them.

I'm not going to meet them and I have no interest in potentially leading them on by continuing to talk to them and so giving them hope that I will change my mind, so I block them. Stops the hassle, stops wasting theirs and my time, stops the potential abuse and/or begging.

Simple really.

By *a and kaCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire(ish)

Sorry you are not the droid we are looking for x

Happy Swinging

Ma and Ka xx

By *wisted2000Woman
over a year ago

under my rock cleethorpes

I usually say thanks for the attention but I’m afraid I’m not attracted, sorry

Usually I get a no problem and thanks back but some use that to try and start a conversation which I don’t mind except when they keep hinting they want me to meet them still, eventually I just end up blocking

over a year ago

It's normally just a sorry, but you're not really what I'm looking for. I find that people just appreciate the honest approach

over a year ago

Not a problem I have lol zero offers in two years

over a year ago

No thanks.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Why reply to people you aren't interested in. That's just inviting a bad response as generally people don't like explicit rejection.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Sorry you are not the droid we are looking for x

Happy Swinging

Ma and Ka xx

"

over a year ago

"Why reply to people you aren't interested in. That's just inviting a bad response as generally people don't like explicit rejection. "

We feel that if people have gone to the effort of sending face pictures, and especially if we have asked for them, then it's only polite to reply.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

Excuse me matey but are you fucking kidding? You have seen my photos and are clearly punching.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

A thanks but no thanks

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I usually say you’re not what I’m looking for but good luck and happy fabbing!

If they keep messaging I just block.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"Excuse me matey but are you fucking kidding? You have seen my photos and are clearly punching.

"

I don't really say that

I don't tend to say anything because my filters are tight

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"Why reply to people you aren't interested in. That's just inviting a bad response as generally people don't like explicit rejection. "

Totally agree

over a year ago

Can't say it's a problem I've had to endure!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Having been on here a while now I'm same as many

When I get a message from a new person I check the profile before I even open the message. If it doesn't grab me, delete. Definitely delete if no public pics, veris, decent profile text... Which basically means most are deleted.

If profile ok but message sucks eg "Hi" or a very short sentence or clear cut and paste... Delete

If message ok but 2nd/subsequent messages boring... Delete

If for whatever reason I feel not compatible I say so, politely. And I don't hint I'm crystal clear. Ambiguity helps nobody.

If they become pushy or rude I send one final message saying I found them such, delete and block.

Pushy is rare but happens, unfortunately even rarer but also happens is very rude/aggressive/threatening which I report.

There's no need to accept poor behaviour.

over a year ago

Yeah. If they’re fit and well hung obviously Boyfriend just read your reply over my shoulder and said "She looks nice. Remember to tell her i'm well hung and fit." lol "

He’s not wrong

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

I just send thanks for your message but I’m not arranging meets right now. I’ve sent it that many times that my phone predicts the message for me

over a year ago

I just ignore them and delete the message, simple!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I keep it shirt and sweet 'Thanks for your message but I'm not interested', usually I get a thanks for replying anyway kind of message. Occasionally they ask why, it depends what sort of mood I'm in as to whether I answer that or not!

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

"I keep it shirt and sweet 'Thanks for your message but I'm not interested', usually I get a thanks for replying anyway kind of message. Occasionally they ask why, it depends what sort of mood I'm in as to whether I answer that or not!"

Depends on my mood whether they get a sarcastic answer or not

By *nnocent and RaunchyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester /London

"I just send thanks for your message but I’m not arranging meets right now. I’ve sent it that many times that my phone predicts the message for me "

Ditto... But always keep it polite if they have made a bit of an effort. If rude simply blocked.

over a year ago

If they have sent a polite message we just send thanks and say we are looking for something else.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I just say no. I have not had anyone message me further afterwards. Guess I am lucky compared to some of the horror stories I have heard.

over a year ago

Left hand nipple counter clockwise. Right hand one is the tuning one

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Left hand nipple counter clockwise. Right hand one is the tuning one "

over a year ago

At first we tried to at least send a reply to people because we were trying to be nice but these days only a select few get a kind rejection because the amount of people who don't read the profile and message you are the ones who usually get ignored.

over a year ago

Surely a polite thanks but no thanks should suffice. I think the whole blocking thing is a little juvenile unless of course someone still pushes the matter then of course block.

I think my worst ever rejection was someone who asked for people in a 30 mile radius who messaged me back saying that I was 31 miles away, questioned my ability to read and blocked me.. I think I dodged a bullet there

over a year ago

Incidentally, I was only 27 miles away, she never found that out.

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Old Hill

If it someone who meets our profile criteria then a polite no. But if not, then a block... get too many requests from people who cannot be bothered to read profile.

By *ransGuyTV/TS
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Surely a polite thanks but no thanks should suffice. I think the whole blocking thing is a little juvenile unless of course someone still pushes the matter then of course block.

I think my worst ever rejection was someone who asked for people in a 30 mile radius who messaged me back saying that I was 31 miles away, questioned my ability to read and blocked me.. I think I dodged a bullet there "

I used to not block but then I'd get guys retrying later on. So I sensibly use the tool straight after the first "no thanks" to stop them from wasting their own and my time. Nothing juvenile about using a tool so that there is no risk of having to deal with a guy who may think he is entitled to a fuck. I don't understand why people don't block those they have no interest in meeting or talking to, they must have time to burn.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

a polite Thanks for the offer but it's a No Thank you.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Polite thanks but no thanks and block so they can't ask why etc etc

By *.A.MGUY55Man
over a year ago

littleborough

Honesty is best

By *.A.MGUY55Man
over a year ago

littleborough

"How do you turn people down that you aren't attracted to and have no interest in meeting them? On Fab i mean. We try being polite but some simply don't get the hint and keep pushing and pushing for the meet. Usually, couples where we find one attractive but not the other.

Polite thanks but no thanks and block so they can't ask why etc etc"

That is being a cee u next Tuesday in polite terms

By *ll the gear.....Couple
over a year ago

Town north of Notts

We just tell them, thanks for the offer but afraid you aren’t for us, simple enough and usually works. Not often we block unless they become a pain or send aggressive/nasty replies.

over a year ago

Politely - "not my type", funny thing is the only one that had a hissy fit was another TV. Instant block!

over a year ago

I like to ignore

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Surely a polite thanks but no thanks should suffice. I think the whole blocking thing is a little juvenile unless of course someone still pushes the matter then of course block.

I think my worst ever rejection was someone who asked for people in a 30 mile radius who messaged me back saying that I was 31 miles away, questioned my ability to read and blocked me.. I think I dodged a bullet there "

Be a woman on here, yes more interest/messages but also a lot more bruised egos to deal with. In addition there's also the men who send the EXACT same message weekly/daily

over a year ago

Thanks very much for your message but your not what we are looking for.

All the best and happy fabbing.

The good old, copy and paste

Adam

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

We just reply "Thanks for the message but unfortunately you are not what we are looking for."

Works most of the time, if it doesn't just block...

By *.A.MGUY55Man
over a year ago

littleborough

"We just reply "Thanks for the message but unfortunately you are not what we are looking for."

Works most of the time, if it doesn't just block..."

Now that is the way to say thanx but no ty

By *ophleeCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

Just be honest and polite, after all manners cost nothing

over a year ago

Not one woman has ever responded to a message I've sent and they mainly just delete them without reading so I've given up messaging now tbh!

I've devised a cunning way to avoid having to turn someone down awkwardly. I use my extra-sensory powers to pre-empt when someone is about to message me and then recondition their thoughts to stop them sending it. It's working a treat so far!

By *illyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Polite no thank you ..

Then normally it's a ..Thanks for the reply.

If they ask why we just block them.

over a year ago

Just be honest, I’d rather block you for a reason, then if you just strung us along. Don’t take blocking as a insult also, it means a polite understanding that nothing is going to ever happen

Post new Message to Thread