Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Fab dating?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Many members decry that Fab isn't a dating site. Many others respond with the fact that members can use Fab how they like, albeit within the rules. Besides if one likes swinging, where better to find someone of a similar ilk?

So, if you're one of those who would push for people wanting to date, to go to dating sites, do you know what can be found on dating sites? Men who pretend they are looking for a relationship!

I have spent time getting to know someone whose kinks overlap mine and the bastard isn't even single!

Fab rules! Fab men, on a whole, tend to be more up front.

Moral: Don't tells us wannabe daters to go elsewhere ??.

What say you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Many members decry that Fab isn't a dating site. Many others respond with the fact that members can use Fab how they like, albeit within the rules. Besides if one likes swinging, where better to find someone of a similar ilk?

So, if you're one of those who would push for people wanting to date, to go to dating sites, do you know what can be found on dating sites? Men who pretend they are looking for a relationship!

I have spent time getting to know someone whose kinks overlap mine and the bastard isn't even single!

What say you?"

I would say that men lie as much on here as on conventional dating sites. By and large women on here don't want to meet attached men, lots of men on here are attached, hence they lie so they can get meets.

over a year ago

"Many members decry that Fab isn't a dating site. Many others respond with the fact that members can use Fab how they like, albeit within the rules. Besides if one likes swinging, where better to find someone of a similar ilk?

What say you?

I would say that men lie as much on here as on conventional dating sites. By and large women on here don't want to meet attached men, lots of men on here are attached, hence they lie so they can get meets. "

I didn't even think to initially ask this idiot if he was single because he stated he was looking for a girlfriend. It took hours of communicating before alarm bells rang and i asked that very question.

Here i ask immediately and, to my knowledge, get a truthful response. The main difference here, is that very few profiles mention dating/relationships AND, importantly, very few single male profiles STATE they are single. The omission is not a lie and helps prompt the question.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Agree, I have found men on here to be more honest and upfront than on conventional dating sites and think everyone should take what they want from Fab, like an erotic buffet!

over a year ago

What say you?

I would say that men lie as much on here as on conventional dating sites. By and large women on here don't want to meet attached men, lots of men on here are attached, hence they lie so they can get meets. "

In my experience here, attached men have been honest about their status from the outset (to the best of my knowledge anyway)! Thus giving me the choice of whether to meet them or not

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

What say you?

I would say that men lie as much on here as on conventional dating sites. By and large women on here don't want to meet attached men, lots of men on here are attached, hence they lie so they can get meets.

In my experience here, attached men have been honest about their status from the outset (to the best of my knowledge anyway)! Thus giving me the choice of whether to meet them or not"

Our experience is that most men on here are attached in some way. I suspect a lot of the ones who tell you they are single aren't

over a year ago

What say you?

In my experience here, attached men have been honest about their status from the outset (to the best of my knowledge anyway)! Thus giving me the choice of whether to meet them or not

Our experience is that most men on here are attached in some way. I suspect a lot of the ones who tell you they are single aren't "

Attached in some way, highly likely - there are very few genuinely single men in my experience, here or elsewhere!

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

What say you?"

My answer is simple and to the point. Go about your business on here , dating sites or the big wide world how the blooming heck you want. Nobody else's business. Daters, singletons and none meeters etc get told to bugger off from here quite often. It's nonsense. People saying that sort of thing should shove their opinion where the sun doesn't shine.

By *parkleandfluffCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Neither of us set out to meet anyone on Fab but fate brought us together. 6 months on very happy indeed. I think there are plenty people here who’d like to date (and plenty who don’t!) use the site however it suits you

over a year ago

"Neither of us set out to meet anyone on Fab but fate brought us together. 6 months on very happy indeed. I think there are plenty people here who’d like to date (and plenty who don’t!) use the site however it suits you "

over a year ago

What say you?

My answer is simple and to the point. Go about your business on here , dating sites or the big wide world how the blooming heck you want. Nobody else's business. Daters, singletons and none meeters etc get told to bugger off from here quite often. It's nonsense. People saying that sort of thing should shove their opinion where the sun doesn't shine."

I do and they should

over a year ago

Men lie wherever you meet them (yeah yeah i know not all men )

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"Men lie wherever you meet them (yeah yeah i know not all men ) "

Men lie more than women on this site about their marital status for perfectly rational reasons. Women who are attached can be honest about it and still get loads of offers. If men are honest about their attached status, their already low chance of a meet will plummet.

All a function of men vastly outnumbering women.

over a year ago

"Men lie wherever you meet them (yeah yeah i know not all men )

Men lie more than women on this site about their marital status for perfectly rational reasons. Women who are attached can be honest about it and still get loads of offers. If men are honest about their attached status, their already low chance of a meet will plummet.

All a function of men vastly outnumbering women. "

Thats one of the things i struggle with on here to be honest. A couple i have only found out they have been attached after and its made me feel a bit shit. I don't believe its fair to mislead.

over a year ago

My only experience of a dating site was Dating Direct, which I don’t think exists now. This is going back 15 years ago, so maybe dating sites have changed. I did not use it to look for a relationship, so I ticked the box stating ‘fun and friendship’ and found guys looking for exactly that. It was nice. I had about 2 dates a week sometimes, and dated loads of guys over a period of about 18 months. Some I had sex with, some I didn’t. But going out for drinks or dinner was never questioned, even though it was nsa. What I dislike about Fab is that dates are called ‘meets’ and even though it’s the same guys looking for the same thing, there seems to be a view that because it’s a so-called sex site, they can bypass the effort that might be required on a dating site. If I were single would I look for sex on a dating site or a swinging site? Not sure. But my gut feeling is that men would be more reasonable in their expectations on a dating site. On the other hand, I’m heavily into the swing scene now, so if I were single now I think I would struggle with dating a non-swinger. I don’t understand why single men who are not interested in swinging don’t pursue ‘fun and friendship’ on sites where there are more women.

Mrs

Post new Message to Thread