Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Profiles seeking Fabs - a question for the guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone else noticed this, probably just the guys: there's a profile which looks at my profile from time to time, but I've noticed that it always coincides with the couple having a new hot picture of the female. They must have looked at mine about 8 to 10 times in recent weeks, yet I don't fit their wants or needs at all, for a start I'm the wrong colour, I'm too old and I'm miles away from them.

Sure enough, within the day the new picture has made it to giddy heights on the Top Fabs chart.

When you don't get that many views anyway it's seems clear to me that they're soliciting views on their own profile in the hope that I'll Fab their latest. Who'd have thought that getting to the top was worth the time to do that?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think you're assuming intent here. It's a hell of a step from being looked at to fabbing a picture. They can't be sure in the first place that you check who's looked at you or if you did that you'd look at them in return.

Did you fab the picture?

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Has anyone else noticed this, probably just the guys: there's a profile which looks at my profile from time to time, but I've noticed that it always coincides with the couple having a new hot picture of the female. They must have looked at mine about 8 to 10 times in recent weeks, yet I don't fit their wants or needs at all, for a start I'm the wrong colour, I'm too old and I'm miles away from them.

Sure enough, within the day the new picture has made it to giddy heights on the Top Fabs chart.

When you don't get that many views anyway it's seems clear to me that they're soliciting views on their own profile in the hope that I'll Fab their latest. Who'd have thought that getting to the top was worth the time to do that?"

Quite possible then .. a detective brain like me haha

I’m always on stealth mode so no one knows I’ve checked them out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

I’m always on stealth mode so no one knows I’ve checked them out "

i thought that till i looked at someone in stealth and two mins they looked at me

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Yep I have similar OP and from your description could well be the same couple - always look at me fairly soon after posting a new pic - took me a while to realise what may be their intent, and have similar suspicions to you - I just ignore to be honest

over a year ago

It sounds like someone gaming the system to make themselves popular. Happens all the time on social sites. Clever, but annoying for other users. I have a friends who works like this on Facebook and Instagram.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"

i thought that till i looked at someone in stealth and two mins they looked at me

"

Are they on your hotlist ? Only I have noticed that happens with people on mine sometimes even tho I’m hidden

over a year ago

"

Are they on your hotlist ? Only I have noticed that happens with people on mine sometimes even tho I’m hidden "

not always but thats a good point i might look into that

over a year ago

"Yep I have similar OP and from your description could well be the same couple - always look at me fairly soon after posting a new pic - took me a while to realise what may be their intent, and have similar suspicions to you - I just ignore to be honest "

I do just move on now, but I've been tracking the behaviour for a while as I'm interested in the levels people go to for 'fame'. I'm glad someone else spotted it. They're not on my hotlist either, so perhaps that's their aim too. It's easy to see which ones are on the most Hotlists; how else can a head and shoulders picture of a decidedly average looking woman wearing a hoodie get to page 1?

over a year ago

".

Did you fab the picture?"

No.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

".

Did you fab the picture?

No."

Game over then!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Yep I have similar OP and from your description could well be the same couple - always look at me fairly soon after posting a new pic - took me a while to realise what may be their intent, and have similar suspicions to you - I just ignore to be honest

I do just move on now, but I've been tracking the behaviour for a while as I'm interested in the levels people go to for 'fame'. I'm glad someone else spotted it. They're not on my hotlist either, so perhaps that's their aim too. It's easy to see which ones are on the most Hotlists; how else can a head and shoulders picture of a decidedly average looking woman wearing a hoodie get to page 1? "

I'm curious now - message me the name of the profile to see if it's the same couple (I'd message you but filters).

There are many 'tricks' that people use to get on page 1, including status updates asking for Fabs, joining fabbing threads and more - the once someone has been there once, they find themselves on enough Hotlists to ensure the next pic posted is put up there too - similarly non-site supporters can only see page 1 of the most fabbed page, so once a pic is there it will be kept there by those users.

But this was a new one on me, and even now I'm not totally convinced it is what is happening, after all who had the time to duck in and out of enough profiles in the hope it will register a Fab - but seems too big a coincidence to be anything else to be honest.

over a year ago

If someone looked at our profile but didn't contact us we'd assume they didn't like what they see so we don't bother looking at the "whose looked at me" as there is no point

over a year ago

"

I'm curious now - message me the name of the profile to see if it's the same couple

"

Gemini Man concurs with me; the name he had in mind is the same as mine.

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

I do find it laughable when people ask for fabs, and this is a sad step further than that.

It's a little bit pathetic

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"If someone looked at our profile but didn't contact us we'd assume they didn't like what they see so we don't bother looking at the "whose looked at me" as there is no point"

Exactly this

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"If someone looked at our profile but didn't contact us we'd assume they didn't like what they see so we don't bother looking at the "whose looked at me" as there is no point"

Thing is with a lot of profiles like yours if "found" through the forum they'd have to look just to see where you are..the "Somewhere near" is our personal fave, click on it & Aberdeen pings up

S

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Has anyone else noticed this, probably just the guys: there's a profile which looks at my profile from time to time, but I've noticed that it always coincides with the couple having a new hot picture of the female. They must have looked at mine about 8 to 10 times in recent weeks, yet I don't fit their wants or needs at all, for a start I'm the wrong colour, I'm too old and I'm miles away from them.

When you don't get that many views anyway it's seems clear to me that they're soliciting views on their own profile in the hope that I'll Fab their latest. Who'd have thought that getting to the top was worth the time to do that?"

Yep, I possibly have the same couple look at my profile every time they put a new pic up, does she complain about not being noticed at home when the Grand Prix is on lol? I don't Fab their pics as it's obviously scrounging

over a year ago

"

Yep, I possibly have the same couple look at my profile every time they put a new pic up, does she complain about not being noticed at home when the Grand Prix is on lol? I don't Fab their pics as it's obviously scrounging "

That's them.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"

Yep, I possibly have the same couple look at my profile every time they put a new pic up, does she complain about not being noticed at home when the Grand Prix is on lol? I don't Fab their pics as it's obviously scrounging

That's them. "

Yep, Gemini man confirmed it too. Bet they get less Fabs in future!

over a year ago

They’re on to me. Looked again today.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"They’re on to me. Looked again today. "

Ditto

over a year ago

And sure enough their new picture is on Page 1 this morning.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Ok, who did they look at first with their latest pic?

over a year ago

"Ok, who did they look at first with their latest pic? "

I've blocked 'em.

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

People are weird

V x

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"People are weird

V x "

Sure are - the fact that they are willing to spend their time "looking" at profiles to garner fabs is testament to that

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"People are weird

V x

Sure are - the fact that they are willing to spend their time "looking" at profiles to garner fabs is testament to that "

Well equally that someone figures it out and then researches it ..... sorry Mr Nice Chin

V x

By *oreverHorny69Man
over a year ago

Milnrow

There is a couple who have made it clear that they don’t want a meet or chat with me, but keep viewing my profile even though it has not changed since I joined. Mixed messages maybe

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Ok, who did they look at first with their latest pic?

I've blocked 'em."

I've blocked them now too

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"People are weird

V x

Sure are - the fact that they are willing to spend their time "looking" at profiles to garner fabs is testament to that

Well equally that someone figures it out and then researches it ..... sorry Mr Nice Chin

V x "

Ha ha...touché

Although in fairness the 'research and figuring out' didn't take a great deal of thinking about really

By *ophieLouiseTV/TS
over a year ago

yorks

This is pretty interesting - I have been wondering lately why week in week out there seems to be the same people ending up on the first page of the most fabbed even with what i would call average pictures (either average looking or just a standard boring picture) I guess this tactic could have an influence on that! It would be nice to see a variation of different faces or boobs on there for a change!

Post new Message to Thread