Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Stopping a period

Jump to newest

By *rRed MrsBlue OP   Couple
over a year ago

Horwich

Hi.

We've got a busy weekend planned but unfortunately Mrs has started her period. Does anyone know of a way to stop it now that it's started.

She's absolutely devastated as we've been looking forward to this weekend for ages.

Thanks in advance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I went to doctors and he gave me prescription but wasn't worth taking them as i started spotting and my periods were messed up for ages .

By *ute Manchester SwingersCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

An oestrogen only pill will stop it within about 48hrs. I feel your pain.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Your GP can prescribe Norethisterone tablets which will stop a period, but be aware that when she stops taking them her period can come back with a vengence, heavier and much more painful.

There are also Beppey sponges, google them.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

I use Norethisterone and they work brilliantly. You're supposed to start taking them three days before your period's due but I have also successfully managed to stop it within 24 hours after coming on unexpectedly early (the day before a meet!). What I would say is that if you take it for a week or more, e.g. for a holiday, is that you can feel very bloated and irritable. To be honest I've not noticed the subsequent period to be any more painful than usual and it's not always heavier either though my doctor always warns me of that.

By *wisted2000Woman
over a year ago

under my rock cleethorpes

Is she comfortable playing on a period? Maybe have a word with whoever you’re meeting and make sure they’re comfortable too, lay some towels and have the shower on stand by then enjoy the mess and have fun

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

You can try Beppy tampons...I have been able to have full sex whilst on a period using these x

over a year ago

Play anyway I'd be more than happy to indulge x

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Is stopping a period suddenly a safe thing to do?

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is stopping a period suddenly a safe thing to do?"

Yes - they're not medically necessary. I've been on meds at various points specifically to stop them for several months at a time to treat endo.

Another vote for beppy sponges here too

over a year ago

Sponge?

I wouldn't recommend stopping a period especially for something as non serious as play time, it can mess up her cycle in the future and make her period due dates less reliable for future play time

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"Is stopping a period suddenly a safe thing to do?

Yes - they're not medically necessary. I've been on meds at various points specifically to stop them for several months at a time to treat endo.

Another vote for beppy sponges here too "

Fair enough.

Sorry for my ignorance and hope you don't mind me asking. What is endo?

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Need to start now best on 1st day of bleed - Tranxemic tablets from your GP 2 x 3 times per day spaced out over 24hrs for upto 5 days. Do Ibroprofen 2 x 3 times per day inbetween. Beppy sponges are good too get the wet ones with loop from Amazon Fi xx

over a year ago

Endometriosis,

Where other parts of a ladies body start behaving like uterus lining, I.e laying on tissue and bleeding monthly.

Be glad you’re a man

N

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Ps tranxemic doesnt mess with cycle it dries it up and ibroprofen stops the cramps so bleed reduced - combined these are effective - godsend for me Fi xx

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"Endometriosis,

Where other parts of a ladies body start behaving like uterus lining, I.e laying on tissue and bleeding monthly.

Be glad you’re a man

N "

Thank you bud. And indeed that sounds very unpleasant.

over a year ago

It's so frustrating when this happens, hasn't Mother Nature got a twisted sense of humour sometimes!

If Mrs Blue has a relatively normal cycle, then he's period will probably last 4-5 days, with the heaviest bleeding in the first couple of days. Hopefully, her flow will slow enough by the weekend that she'd feel comfortable/confident using a Beppy Sponge/Tampon. Boots sell them, or you can order online. I would suggest buying a couple at least, so she can try it out before you go ahead with your plans, so she feels comfortable and can relax and enjoy the fun.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works.

V x

over a year ago

"Your GP can prescribe Norethisterone tablets which will stop a period, but be aware that when she stops taking them her period can come back with a vengence, heavier and much more painful.

There are also Beppey sponges, google them."

This

I always have a pack of these on standby as you can order them online without prescription however from personal experience I will say they do take at least 3 days to stop the period and it’s hellish when you stop taking them. These are always beat taken before your period is due.

MrsK x

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Thumbs up for Norethisterone here.

I used to take them back on the day when was competing, I had a really irregular cycle & could never predict when things would happen

By *urryfannyfuntimeWoman
over a year ago

East Devon

Sponge.

over a year ago

I'd use a boiled natural sponge soaked in neem oil, they're a bit if a bitch to get back out as you have to squat and dig it out (sometimes)... But they're very inexpensive and non toxic x

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

there's a much safer option than Norethisterone but I'm not at liberty to say so go ask your GP as it's prescription only medication.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Endometriosis,

Be glad you’re a man

N

Thank you bud. And indeed that sounds very unpleasant."

More accurately womb tissue gone astray to other parts of body where they swell and bleed with monthly cycle. Causes blockages, scar tissue and a lot of pain among other things.

By *rs T and HubbyCouple
over a year ago

somewhere north of the border..

There is a "soft cap" that can be bought on Amazon and always play to go ahead...Google then..

over a year ago

Why not just postpone as everybody on here now knows the painters are in lol

over a year ago

Tranexamic acid. Start taking them now. Can usually buy them over the counter. For use with heavy periods but can totally stop it aswell.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I’m now on the depo injection, so no more periods for me but I have used both Beppe and Joy division sponge tampons before when my flow was light. I got them from Amazon. Norethisterone Tablets wouldn’t stop mine once it had started.

over a year ago

"Ps tranxemic doesnt mess with cycle it dries it up and ibroprofen stops the cramps so bleed reduced - combined these are effective - godsend for me Fi xx"

Wish they worked like that for me only makes mine a little bit lighter.

By *ancduoCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Been there tried everything. If its not heavy I recommend getting a douche kit and flush out now and then. If it is heavy, no idea. We've all tried to find out how to stop it. One day there will be an answer.

By *overs14Couple
over a year ago

norwich

I've got the same problem. I'm on my period but meant to be going to a party Saturday. It's really light, so I'm hoping it goes by Saturday night

By *annooWoman
over a year ago

Hastings

i use Norethisterone tablets

over a year ago

"Your GP can prescribe Norethisterone tablets which will stop a period, but be aware that when she stops taking them her period can come back with a vengence, heavier and much more painful.

There are also Beppey sponges, google them."

Beppy sponges are great, I have no hesitation using them when using condoms as the bloke would never know. I always ask guys not to finger me too deeply when I have one in though mainly do they don't feel it....blokes can be squeamish I find

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Does holding your nose while you drinking a glass of water work?

I might be getting mixed up...

MrB

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

Another vote for beppy sponges here too "

Snap - I've not had 1 for 15 months now. Thanks to a monthly injection. It does cost the NHS £78 a go though....

Norethisterone is great as a short term measure but not all GPs will freely prescribe it

B x

over a year ago

"Does holding your nose while you drinking a glass of water work?

I might be getting mixed up...

MrB"

Having sex in a bath or swimming pool works too... You could try climbing into the glass of water... lol

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Snap - I've not had 1 for 15 months now. Thanks to a monthly injection. It does cost the NHS £78 a go though....

Norethisterone is great as a short term measure but not all GPs will freely prescribe it

B x "

Ugh don't get me started on GP attitudes to gynae issues! The number I've had to battle with for prescriptions because they think of endo as a mere 'inconvenience' - note male Drs with this attitude EVERY time

By *reedy_for_funCouple
over a year ago

My House

"You can try Beppy tampons...I have been able to have full sex whilst on a period using these x"

^^^ this ^^^

Easy to put in, a bit of a kurfuffle to get out afterwards but so so worth it

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"Endometriosis,

Be glad you’re a man

N

Thank you bud. And indeed that sounds very unpleasant.

More accurately womb tissue gone astray to other parts of body where they swell and bleed with monthly cycle. Causes blockages, scar tissue and a lot of pain among other things.

"

Not very nice at all

over a year ago

I’ve had norethristone before and it really messed with my cycle and I felt bloated and horrible while taking it urgh!!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

No not nice at all.

Re meds etc everyone reacts differently, eg depo stops most people's periods - made mine almost sodding permanent plus made me faint regularly total pain!

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"No not nice at all.

Re meds etc everyone reacts differently, eg depo stops most people's periods - made mine almost sodding permanent plus made me faint regularly total pain! "

You really got dealt a bad hand.

over a year ago

"No not nice at all.

Re meds etc everyone reacts differently, eg depo stops most people's periods - made mine almost sodding permanent plus made me faint regularly total pain! "

I was on depo never again all I did was bleed.

over a year ago

Not many bonuses to be had post menopause (early due to ill health) but no periods is definitely one of them

over a year ago

"Need to start now best on 1st day of bleed - Tranxemic tablets from your GP 2 x 3 times per day spaced out over 24hrs for upto 5 days. Do Ibroprofen 2 x 3 times per day inbetween. Beppy sponges are good too get the wet ones with loop from Amazon Fi xx"

You can only have tranxemic acid if you have heavy periods i'm on them thanks to my fibroid making me flood.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Crikey yea fibroids a pain too.

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"No not nice at all.

I think having Depo was a contributory factor to my stroke along with elevated blood pressure, as was fit, and healthy otherwise

over a year ago

I use norethisterone, and swear by it, but it won't stop your period once its started. It releases hormones to prevent you releasing an egg, if you're already bleeding, said egg has already been released.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

"I use norethisterone, and swear by it, but it won't stop your period once its started. It releases hormones to prevent you releasing an egg, if you're already bleeding, said egg has already been released.

"

But ..... I *have* managed to stop a period by using norethisterone, like I described above, after it had started The bleeding stopped within 24 hours and then resumed 3 days after I took the last tablet like it usually does.

over a year ago

Beppy wet tampons but the wedge make up sponges are better and cheaper.

I used to work in the adult industry and that’s what the girls always used.

over a year ago

How lovely it is of you Mr Red, to try and find a solution to the problem so that Mrs Blue can still go ahead and enjoy the fun. Hats off to you!

V x

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/11/17 09:44:02]

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"I use norethisterone, and swear by it, but it won't stop your period once its started. It releases hormones to prevent you releasing an egg, if you're already bleeding, said egg has already been released.

"

It will stop me bleeding if I take a tablet after I have started, normally a few hours after.

But everyone is different.

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

B x

Ugh don't get me started on GP attitudes to gynae issues! The number I've had to battle with for prescriptions because they think of endo as a mere 'inconvenience' - note male Drs with this attitude EVERY time "

I took my dad with me to my appointment when I was 19!!! Best thing I ever did. Now waiting hysterectomy

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

B x

Ugh don't get me started on GP attitudes to gynae issues! The number I've had to battle with for prescriptions because they think of endo as a mere 'inconvenience' - note male Drs with this attitude EVERY time

I took my dad with me to my appointment when I was 19!!! Best thing I ever did. Now waiting hysterectomy "

Looking like hysterectomy for me on meds but if no success op it is. Being fem sucks Fi xx

over a year ago

It's a turn on for me lol I will play no matter lol

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"It's a turn on for me lol I will play no matter lol "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Play anyway I'd be more than happy to indulge x"

That's you though. Not everyone would be happy playing in a strangers menstrual flow: I sure as hell wouldn't!

Post new Message to Thread