Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Does it pay to be a gentleman?

Jump to newest

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

To be a gent or not?

I have always tried to be polite and well mannered with the ladies ive met on here...to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this , or is it just me. I find it very frustrating

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It can be frustrating but you have to remember your not going to be everyone's cup of tea .don't stop being a gentleman if that is how you are

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

OP most ladies prefer to be treated with respect so don't stop being a gentleman.

Perhaps the issue lies elsewhere. Most ladies and couples will read your profile before they read your message.

I can't offer profile advice as it against the rules if you haven't specifically asked for it. I would suggest you do a forum search for profile advice and pick out the good bits.

over a year ago

It works for me. Manners and politeness cost nothing.

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

Thanks for that , im sure someone will appreciate it...perhaps im not pushy enough

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

I have always tried to be polite and well mannered with the ladies ive met on here...to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this , or is it just me. I find it very frustrating "

to be treated with respect and manners.

i expect this no matter what and where i meet people

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

So dont be pushy , continue with being respectful and well mannered then

over a year ago

"So dont be pushy , continue with being respectful and well mannered then"

Depends what u mean by pushy

There is confident but not a push over

over a year ago

Women and couples will appreciate you being a gentleman and it's a very nice quality to have. A guy who is pushy and assuming with no manners would not be entertained by most people, so be yourself!

over a year ago

Hi Sexy peeps

I have always been polite and respectful when ever I meet.

I think my meets have always appreciated that I always conduct myself as a gentleman should.

After all we are on this site for the same and manners and mutual respect cost nothing.

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

It's always lovely to find a gentleman on fab. I have been lucky enough to have a few of them message me and it's lovely to chat with them

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It pays to have respect for everyone, whatever your gender. You will likely get more people who want a partner who is respectful, rather than the opposite.

It's your call though - but you could be thrown out of most places if you are not respectful and definitely if you break rules.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

If they meet you and don't want to take it further they don't have too. Being polite does not equal a fuck

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"To be a gent or not?

I have always tried to be polite and well mannered with the ladies ive met on here...to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this , or is it just me. I find it very frustrating "

Just carry on doing what your doing weather it pays or not because its the right thing to do.

over a year ago

Just be you x

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

"It's always lovely to find a gentleman on fab. I have been lucky enough to have a few of them message me and it's lovely to chat with them "
it would be a pleasure to chat with you.....nice pics btw

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"To be a gent or not?

I could be verifiably classed as a gentleman. I also like to treat a woman as if I just got parole after three years in prison!

How do you find women respond to you when you talk to them in clubs?

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Do you wish to appeal to ladies who like a gentleman or those who don't? Which is the lady you'd prefer to spend time with?

over a year ago

You have to be yourself. I like politeness and courtesy. Both ways! I can try to ensure that I provide it from my side. The other way... actually it is pretty good, when you get a response.

If I had dozens of messages a day, from women demanding my knob, I suspect that I might not respond too promptly either.

PS Ladies, if you like you can try it and see if I can cope.

By *not69Man
over a year ago

Burnley

"OP most ladies prefer to be treated with respect so don't stop being a gentleman.

Perhaps the issue lies elsewhere. Most ladies and couples will read your profile before they read your message.

I can't offer profile advice as it against the rules if you haven't specifically asked for it. I would suggest you do a forum search for profile advice and pick out the good bits."

He doesn't need to specifically ask for profile advice, you can offer profile advice if it is relevent to the thread.

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

"Do you wish to appeal to ladies who like a gentleman or those who don't? Which is the lady you'd prefer to spend time with? "
obviously i wish to appeal to someone im curteous to , hopefully leading to spending time with her...but that also means im nice to those who i dont want to be with.i like all women if im honest.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I love a guy who has manners and knows how to treat a woman.

I’m sure there’s a wild streak just waiting to be discovered.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"To be a gent or not?

I have always tried to be polite and well mannered with the ladies ive met on here...to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this , or is it just me. I find it very frustrating

I could be verifiably classed as a gentleman. I also like to treat a woman as if I just got parole after three years in prison!

How do you find women respond to you when you talk to them in clubs? "

I like versatility

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I would say it is best to be gentlemen to start with, if that is what you are.

If the lady wants you to be different and you are comfortable changing/role playing then that can come later.

over a year ago

Of course you need to be polite. Politeness should go without saying. BUT it is NOT politeness in itself that gets people into bed. Sex appeal is what is required for that.

Mrs

over a year ago

"

Just carry on doing what your doing weather it pays or not because its the right thing to do."

The perfect answer.

over a year ago

Hey mate,

This question always comes up in forums.

What I've learnt is:

1. If they delete message, I always wait for a while and message again and se3 if they reply to the next one. If they come back with sorry been getting loads of messages how are you then. Then they have made the effort to at least engage with you. If they delete message or block you, they aren't your cup of tea. Move on to the next.

2. Attend a social - look out for socials in your area. They are a brilliant way of engaging with people face to face and people can see you for you are which would be polite and genuine.

3. You have to appreciate that the ratio of men every one woman is 10837837836261 to 1 lol. The would you are trying to get to know is getting bombarded with all sorts of messages. If she feels you are genuine then she will get back to you.

4. Keep being you and don't every change.

5. Don't give up

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

"Hey mate,

This question always comes up in forums.

What I've learnt is:

1. If they delete message, I always wait for a while and message again and se3 if they reply to the next one. If they come back with sorry been getting loads of messages how are you then. Then they have made the effort to at least engage with you. If they delete message or block you, they aren't your cup of tea. Move on to the next.

2. Attend a social - look out for socials in your area. They are a brilliant way of engaging with people face to face and people can see you for you are which would be polite and genuine.

3. You have to appreciate that the ratio of men every one woman is 10837837836261 to 1 lol. The would you are trying to get to know is getting bombarded with all sorts of messages. If she feels you are genuine then she will get back to you.

4. Keep being you and don't every change.

5. Don't give up "

thanks...i wont

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

Do you mean in the presence of ladies or in communicating on here?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

After today's antics no.

I let several people pass, as I made it obvious that I waited for them to get past me. Only person said thank you, It was a child as well.

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

The site is very frustrating OP and you are definitely not alone. Stay true to yourself, polite and respectful. Thats the only way i know.

The frustration simply builds because you never get a reply or attention from the women or couples you like.

Keep plodding away and approach things with a pinch of salt. Never expect anything and you wont be disappointed. Thats my approach.

Despite what ive said, it doesn't make the frustration any easier.

There is no magic wand op.

By *heekytradesman46Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Always be a gentleman in my opinion

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Absolutely!!

By *atureandhornyCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Thanks for that , im sure someone will appreciate it...perhaps im not pushy enough "

Pushy isn't good, we'd move on if a guy was pushy.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Why change who you are just on the off chance you might laid OP? Not only would that be disingenuous, it would likely be rejected anyway.

Carry on being you, being polite, respectful and courteous, it may not make any difference when it comes to meets, but at least you'll be being true to yourself

As this thread has shown that you don't need to change how you act - perhaps look at what else might be the problem (hint: there are some very good suggestions further up thread)

over a year ago

I get called a gentleman quite a bit, hence why I don't get many meets!

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Be who you are, not what you think others may want, as what you think they want, may not be what they want you to think they want.

over a year ago

"

Just carry on doing what your doing weather it pays or not because its the right thing to do.

The perfect answer."

Agreed

By *ugzbunny1Man
over a year ago

Swindon

Always be a gent would be my advice...its the right thing to do and most ladies appreciate it..its all about mutual respect and pleasure. There are exceptions of course, but their profiles amd chat beforehand should clarify that..good luck

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

In this day and age, gentlemen are a dying breed.

Don't change OP, some of us still like to be treated like ladies

By *xbanana2 OP   Man
over a year ago

addlestone

"To be a gent or not?

Do you mean in the presence of ladies or in communicating on here?"

in the presence of ladìes x

over a year ago

"In this day and age, gentlemen are a dying breed.

Don't change OP, some of us still like to be treated like ladies "

I find it also pays to be a gent. It's comes naturally anyway so couldn't be anything else.

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"To be a gent or not?

How do you find women respond to you when you talk to them in clubs?

I like versatility "

Then you shall have it!

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Nothing wrong with being a gentleman, just not all the time.

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

Keep being a Gent... I find manners and politeness such a turn on.

over a year ago

No idea, but I'm not going to stop doing it.....

By *reokinkMan
over a year ago

London

As has been mentioned. It's the ratio of men to women and couples that goes against single guys. So speaking as a couple. When single guys contact us. If what they say makes it plain that they haven't read our profile, its very short, one worded or rude etc etc it gets deleted.

If thought is put into it (no essay needed), they will at least get a reply even if not immediately.

Back when I was single I would often get praised by single ladies and couples. Not because I said or did anything particularly special. But simple because so many other guys used the counter productive approaches mentioned above. Sometimes they would say with an air of relief OMG you sound normal and not like an ****hole lol.

So in summary I would say that being polite gives you an advantage and is at worst neutral. Not being polite and respectful? Well I'd say chances of success reduce from 1 in 500 to 1 in 500,000.

over a year ago

Just be yourself OP

over a year ago

"OP most ladies prefer to be treated with respect so don't stop being a gentleman.

I can't offer profile advice as it against the rules if you haven't specifically asked for it. I would suggest you do a forum search for profile advice and pick out the good bits."

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

Always best to be a gent. There are a lot of great guys on here

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Thanks for that , im sure someone will appreciate it...perhaps im not pushy enough "

No...you are messaging the wrong women in my opinion....there are quite obviously different class levels on here...if you message someone who is not on your level, then you can actually scare women off....I don’t get that many messages from men, as quite clearly my profile gives the impression that I am a stuck up spoilt brat....which I am ....ha ha

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I get called a gentleman quite a bit, hence why I don't get many meets!"

But that is not a bad thing....trust me....some of the women on here would disappoint you x

By *ames1763Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

I will always recommend be respectful but I know what you are talking about and if the ladies throw insults at your door , you have to step up and cut them off , you see ladies think they are all the same but thats not true , I have met some ladies with very bad attitudes , I just end the conversation and walk past them as if they were never there.

over a year ago

I like to consider myself a gent, cheeky with it but still a gent. If that's what's in your nature stick to it and the right meets will come along. Being something other then yourself will most likely lead to stuff/meets that don't suit you.

Good luck OP

By *eviantdeliteWoman
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I like to consider myself a gent, cheeky with it but still a gent. If that's what's in your nature stick to it and the right meets will come along. Being something other then yourself will most likely lead to stuff/meets that don't suit you.

Good luck OP "

Exactly x

over a year ago

There's a fine line between being polite and pushy, and this is different online and in person, e.g. in a club. You need sufficient persistence (leavened with charm) to make the woman feel desired without being a nuisance. Practice makes perfect!

over a year ago

"To be a gent or not?

Do you mean in the presence of ladies or in communicating on here?in the presence of ladìes x"

Then continue. It's a good attitude.

over a year ago

Should always treat someone in the same way you want to be treated.

By *isty286Couple
over a year ago

Dorset

Yes completely with us, too many idiots that read 50 shades and think being a Dom is just being a bully and rough sex, polite and nice loosens knickers elastic much quicker.

By *icky_tvLondonTV/TS
over a year ago

london

"To be a gent or not?

I was discussing this very subject with my valet this morning.

Post new Message to Thread