Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Boosting the ego

Jump to newest

By *hadders OP   Man
over a year ago

bradford

After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Not necessarily.

I've often chatted with people, who I may have initially thought I'd like, but after a few messages back & forth, have realised that there's no spark or connection on my part, while they on the other hand are still pushing to meet.

Other times, I've engaged in, to me, nothing more than a friendly chat, replied to a polite message, which again has resulted in the person assuming this will lead somewhere

Not all women have egos or need them stroking.

By *reman6976Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"Not necessarily.

I've often chatted with people, who I may have initially thought I'd like, but after a few messages back & forth, have realised that there's no spark or connection on my part, while they on the other hand are still pushing to meet.

Other times, I've engaged in, to me, nothing more than a friendly chat, replied to a polite message, which again has resulted in the person assuming this will lead somewhere

Not all women have egos or need them stroking. "

I agree

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Not necessarily.

Exactly, and why I have even stopped answering my messages if it is clear they are not for me, purely because they tend to think 'well she has replied, so she obviously wants to fuck me' attitude, nothing more off putting

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Not necessarily.

No one is obligated to meet and I reserve the right to change my mind about meeting anyone

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Sometimes people realise they arent gelling and will go quiet rather than say no thanks.

It happens op,some of the people you speak to will meet you and others won't.

Miss

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

By the way this happens with couples too and men im sure,its not just a woman thing.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"By the way this happens with couples too and men im sure,its not just a woman thing."

Yep. I get a lot of men who only want to wank-message, and have no intention of meeting.

over a year ago

I try keep messaging to the minimal before I meet because I never get the same impression anyway.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol "

It's just you!

People are entitled to change their minds about meeting, at anytime. Sometimes, after chatting for a bit, things can fizzle out or something said, puts them off.

Not every conversation will end in a meet.

Men and couples, do the same at times. Are they looking for their ego to be stroked too?

over a year ago

I will only stop messaging someone with good reason. And I will always tell them that reason, not just go dark.

over a year ago

We tend to taper off if someone says something we find offensive or in some cases creepy we would have met before but then change or mind no ego boost required

over a year ago

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol "
Maybe they just see you as a friend like a pen pal. And don't wish to ever meet in person.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol

It's just you!

People are entitled to change their minds about meeting, at anytime. Sometimes, after chatting for a bit, things can fizzle out or something said, puts them off.

Not every conversation will end in a meet.

Men and couples, do the same at times. Are they looking for their ego to be stroked too?

"

By *hadders OP   Man
over a year ago

bradford

"I will only stop messaging someone with good reason. And I will always tell them that reason, not just go dark."

Would be a lot better if people were like this. I agree people can change their minds etc, byt after a load of messages a thanks but no thanks would be appreciated. I presume we are all after the same end game?

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Are the messages read ? It may be they get lost ?

Or maybe they're not ready to arrange a meet ... and so freak when you go for it ?

Or they speak to a lot and meet with a few, like an interview process.

End of the day you can get hung up about it or you can roll with the punches. Too many reasons why people act the way you (think) you wouldn't.

By *hadders OP   Man
over a year ago

bradford

Any chance of some feedback on my profile please, wonder if that could be something I could improve? Thanks in advance

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"Any chance of some feedback on my profile please, wonder if that could be something I could improve? Thanks in advance "

The fact you're actually getting messages would suggest it must be attractive enough for women to respond too.

But I'd say having looked, put some public pics on.

Personally I'd never respond to someone 'hiding' I want to see before hand who I'm talking to

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Not necessarily.

My ego never needs stroking! My clitoris, however!!

By *hadders OP   Man
over a year ago

bradford

"

My ego never needs stroking! My clitoris, however!! "

By *reman6976Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"Not necessarily.

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

"I will only stop messaging someone with good reason. And I will always tell them that reason, not just go dark."

If only everyone did the same, it would avoid several messages and feeling like a stalker

over a year ago

Personally I can be chatting quite nicely to a single male and then he will say something that is a total turn off. This happens alot. Just cos I reply sure as hell doesnt mean Im a sure thing. If I wanted a good looking single man Id just go and pull one on a night out. My needs on here are quite different.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

a lot of guys turn into sex pests quite quickly. i stop chatting to them for that reason.

over a year ago

"Not necessarily.

Let me know if that steady stream ever dries up. I'll make sure it gets the stroking it requires

Haha

over a year ago

"I will only stop messaging someone with good reason. And I will always tell them that reason, not just go dark.

If only everyone did the same, it would avoid several messages and feeling like a stalker "

You send out several messages when someone doesn't reply to you

over a year ago

We can't win. We don't reply to messages we are fake or have large egos. We do reply but change are mind we are time wasters that need our egos stroked.

I stroke my own ego thank you very much

over a year ago

WINNER !!!!

Ego, fantasist, bravado, persona, self esteem

over a year ago

Factually incorrect

Block and ran away

over a year ago

"

No one is obligated to meet and I reserve the right to change my mind about meeting anyone

"

Agree but you miss the point your only here to argue not see his very relevant point...MEN do it too

over a year ago

"We can't win. We don't reply to messages we are fake or have large egos. We do reply but change are mind we are time wasters that need our egos stroked.

I stroke my own ego thank you very much "

Completely this!

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

seems like your banter might not be up to scratch and they have changed their mind but don't know how to back out from the situatian.

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol

"

I think it's the guy's ego that's the problem: not being able to cope with the thought that a woman might not want them they need to convince themselves that it's the woman that's at fault. "She strung me along to massage her ego" sits more comfortably than "Now she's found out more about me she doesn't want to meet"

over a year ago

It may be a number of things

* loss of interest

* something going on in real life

* cynicism, having been let down in the past and making arrangements seems like a chore

By *hadders OP   Man
over a year ago

bradford

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol seems like your banter might not be up to scratch and they have changed their mind but don't know how to back out from the situatian."

A reply saying that would be better than just being ignorant surely? Manners cost nothing as they say

over a year ago

I think it's the guy's ego that's the problem: not being able to cope with the thought that a woman might not want them they need to convince themselves that it's the woman that's at fault. "She strung me along to massage her ego" sits more comfortably than "Now she's found out more about me she doesn't want to meet""

By *opular PoppyCouple
over a year ago

Herts

People are checking you out carefully before agreeing to a meet. You've got one verification from five years ago, for example. Experienced single women aren't stupid and they know who to avoid taking things further with. It's not like chatting up someone in the pub.

over a year ago

"By the way this happens with couples too and men im sure,its not just a woman thing.

Yep. I get a lot of men who only want to wank-message, and have no intention of meeting."

Me too..However I have become adept at spotting these sad tossers

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"After being involved in quite a few messages with different singke women on here, I tend to think a lot of them are on a search for a boost to their ego and are hapoy to ping pong messages. Quite often meets are discussed early in the conversation but when trying to arrange it seema they go quiet and stop replying. Does anyone elae find this is the case, or is it just me?!! Lol seems like your banter might not be up to scratch and they have changed their mind but don't know how to back out from the situatian.

A reply saying that would be better than just being ignorant surely? Manners cost nothing as they say "

yea it would be and it's a response we would use but the thing is alot of people may feel it's the easier way as from a couples or single lady side of it they May be met back with abuse or accused of being egotistical and timewasters or endless questions witch end up denting the guys ego even more.

over a year ago

I find it with men too, it's not just women XXX

P.s. feel free to boost my ego XXX

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

I find it with men too, it's not just women XXX

P.s. feel free to boost my ego XXX"

I think it's more to do with them having a quick wank then losing interest than a ego boost for blokes though .

over a year ago

I get this as well, butndont get hung up on it - if someone goes dark it's likely there was no connection for them... which is exactly the same for me should I decide that they're not for me.

We're all here to find something, for me and many many others it's spark, energy and chemistry - if it ain't There, why flog a dead horse or keep chatting to someone if there's no intention to meet

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

I think i am a friendly person with manners, so like to try and answer my messages.....but this does lead to guys getting the "wrong" idea as in "she has got back to me so MUST be interested" syndrome, which in all honesty puts me of answering messages, its like a catch22! Damned if ya don't, damned if ya do!

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i forgot to ask for pic fabs in my other post.

also, i think my worst traits are everything i show off in my pics so (anybody) feel free to compliment/suck up to me.

Post new Message to Thread