Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Blackpool's Swinging History.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm pretty new to the scene so this is just a curious question more than anything.

I've noticed that Blackpool really lacks users in comparison to other small towns (not including major UK cities)

I'm assuming back 10-30 years ago, Blackpool was a prime spot for swinging and other similar things due to it being a party town and having a vibrant nightlife? Obviously with Blackpool degrading hugely over the past god-knows how long, this seems to have killed off the swinging scene here.

Does anyone on here know much about the swinging history in Blackpool? Maybe swingers in Blackpool do not use websites such as FabSwingers and just meet at clubs?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

no idea myself but think this would be interesting to read. hope you don't mind me posting for that reason.

over a year ago

"no idea myself but think this would be interesting to read. hope you don't mind me posting for that reason. "

Of course not

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Maybe the vast crowds of stag and hen parties, and the families full of kids have chased them out.

However the fact that a relatively small town has two swinging clubs and a swinging hotel, plus a regular social suggests to me that it still has a pretty vibrant scene going on.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"no idea myself but think this would be interesting to read. hope you don't mind me posting for that reason.

Of course not "

thanks. all we need now is someone in the know.

over a year ago

"Maybe the vast crowds of stag and hen parties, and the families full of kids have chased them out.

However the fact that a relatively small town has two swinging clubs and a swinging hotel, plus a regular social suggests to me that it still has a pretty vibrant scene going on."

I get the impression that it used to be a place in which a lot of swingers traveled to, for swinger's events regardless of it still have a vibrant scene - but I could be wrong as I honestly can't find much online.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Maybe the vast crowds of stag and hen parties, and the families full of kids have chased them out.

However the fact that a relatively small town has two swinging clubs and a swinging hotel, plus a regular social suggests to me that it still has a pretty vibrant scene going on.

I get the impression that it used to be a place in which a lot of swingers traveled to, for swinger's events regardless of it still have a vibrant scene - but I could be wrong as I honestly can't find much online."

I've been to Blackpool purely for the swinging a couple of times. Maybe they're filtering off at Manchester and Birkenhead these days so the volume isn't quite as huge, but if you do a forum search there will be a few entries.

over a year ago

I get the impression that it used to be a place in which a lot of swingers traveled to, for swinger's events regardless of it still have a vibrant scene - but I could be wrong as I honestly can't find much online.

I've been to Blackpool purely for the swinging a couple of times. Maybe they're filtering off at Manchester and Birkenhead these days so the volume isn't quite as huge, but if you do a forum search there will be a few entries."

Yeah I assume that's probably the reason, Manchester is far more appealing than Blackpool, probably a wider variety of swingers (ages etc) too in comparison to Blackpool.

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

Ill be off to a social in Blackpool in October, for the weekend. They do two a year and last years one was a blast.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A couple of clubs in this very small town....HOW MANY DO YOU EXPECT?Blame the council for the deterioration of adult entertainment and also (progress) estimated over 50million will stay in the town this year (not quite sure of numbers but not bad for small tired town (Blackpool)

Post new Message to Thread