FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Has the Internet and social media killed..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...cold approaching?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"...cold approaching? "

Cold approaching?

Lovely turn of phrase there

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I don't think so OP - I've been off and on the Internet for most of the past 24 hours and am feeling decidedly sniffly this morning

over a year ago

Definitely. People are seriously lacking people skills while hiding behind devices. It's a deal breaker for me if a man is not able to have a chat on the phone before meeting. No I don't want to kik or whatsapp or Snapchat or Skype. I'm even more against as the love of my life decided to make a break while on whatsapp because something I mentioned. Using texting as a way of communicating there will be missed nuances....don't see facial expressions, don't hear tonation. So yes the internet and social media is in fact literally making the world smaller.

over a year ago

P.S. The skill of wisely using emoticons is now very much needed to convey the true sense of what one may be getting at.

By *lacksausageMan
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

I think society is simply getting paranoid, hypocritical, and too 'political'.

Try approaching a lady in broad day light in a shop, bank, coffee shop or streets and see the ok yu will receive. Same lady in a club under cover of darkness; different matter.

Sadly, the good old days are gone.

over a year ago

"I think society is simply getting paranoid, hypocritical, and too 'political'.

Try approaching a lady in broad day light in a shop, bank, coffee shop or streets and see the ok yu will receive. Same lady in a club under cover of darkness; different matter.

Sadly, the good old days are gone."

It's the art of striking up a conversation with a stranger...something as simple as a smile and a sincere compliment. Compliments are great ways to win someone over and begin a dimlle conversation. It normally will flow. It's about having ones eyes open too in public instead of glued to a screen constantly. It all begins with ourselves. So does one want to easily accept you're part of an increasing insular society or do you choose to be aware of your surroundings and have eyes to see.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think society is simply getting paranoid, hypocritical, and too 'political'.

Sadly, the good old days are gone."

In my younger days I was occasionally approached by men while going about my daily life. If I didn't want their attention I made it clear I don't think I was being paranoid, hypocritical or political. Merely exercising my right to go about my business without being chatted up if I didn't want to be.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To answer the original question I don't believe that internet and social media have killed social interaction in general. There will be specific cases where it has of course.

When radio became popular the same concern was raised, same for television.

I see people talking to each other all the time.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"...cold approaching? "

I assume that you mean the ability to walk up and start a conversation with a complete stranger?

Then, no... I've been crap at "Chatting up" ladies since before the internet was invented. Some people are good at these things and others aren't.

Cal

By *lacksausageMan
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"...cold approaching?

I assume that you mean the ability to walk up and start a conversation with a complete stranger?

Then, no... I've been crap at "Chatting up" ladies since before the internet was invented. Some people are good at these things and others aren't.

Cal

"

people should learn to answer the original question posed instead of trying to rubbish someone else's attempt at answering the question. And you wonder why society is now breeding keyboard tigers!!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"...cold approaching? "

Not if you read the signs and know when to back off and you make your approach in a nice way.

Go for it, what's the worst thing that can happen ? they can only say no

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Yes and No really depend on your personality.

Yes killed it for the timid guys and shy guys but if you are very sociable and understand basic social cue no.

Post new Message to Thread