Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Facebook messages

Jump to newest

By *wistedToo OP   Couple
over a year ago

Frimley

Anyone else think when a guy seeks you or your partner out on Facebook and messages there it’s a little invasive?

We aren’t shy and don’t care about the whole who knows thing. But etiquette right?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

It's way out of order,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So it's invasive to message someone you seek on facebook ?

What's the point of the whole messaging thing then ?

I don't get it sorry i might be dumb.

over a year ago

"Anyone else think when a guy seeks you or your partner out on Facebook and messages there it’s a little invasive?

We aren’t shy and don’t care about the whole who knows thing. But etiquette right?"

Absolutely! There should always be a boundary between fab life and vanilla life. The female half of a couple we had met a few times on here friends requested me on FB. But, I didn't accept it. They didn't meet us again after that!

over a year ago

Ohhhh going from fab to FB ok i get it, and yes then this is invasive if they didn't ask for it before.

over a year ago

"Anyone else think when a guy seeks you or your partner out on Facebook and messages there it’s a little invasive?

We aren’t shy and don’t care about the whole who knows thing. But etiquette right?

Absolutely! There should always be a boundary between fab life and vanilla life. The female half of a couple we had met a few times on here friends requested me on FB. But, I didn't accept it. They didn't meet us again after that! "

Absolutely this every time

By *ucklingsCouple
over a year ago

Rugby

We had this problem with another couple. The man couldn't let go - our mistake was, we gave out my (Mrs) number. I started to receive explicit messages, got stalked on all my social media, asked him countless times to stop and just contact on fab. He didn't listen. Now they are blocked on Fab and his number is blocked on my phone. Lesson learned: if we are giving out our number to couples and single men it will be only hubbies!!!!

over a year ago

Frimley

Well we aren’t worried about people finding out. Hell, everyone we know already knows our lifestyle choice lol. It’s not that at all... it just seems invasive because those people should know Facebook is a personal thing. And I’ve got many girls I’ve had threesomes with on my Facebook and that’s by choice and mutual agreement. Random messages just because we block single guys from messaging is kind of wrong. And it’s our choice here, so why do people feel they can bypass that and message directly on Facebook. For a start, you d have to scrawl through Facebook looking... that’s a little bit more effort than a casual person would put in right? Lol

over a year ago

Fab is fab, vanilla is vanilla. Unless all parties agree then they should stay separate functions in my book

over a year ago

Wow.. That's just really strange!

I would feel quite disturbed that someone had gone to all that effort to look us up on facebook like that.. BLOCK!!!

over a year ago

Frimley

"Wow.. That's just really strange!

I would feel quite disturbed that someone had gone to all that effort to look us up on facebook like that.. BLOCK!!!"

Funny thing is they didn't look Dave up ?? Just me...it's like wow dude that's abit rude x

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Well we aren’t worried about people finding out. Hell, everyone we know already knows our lifestyle choice lol. It’s not that at all... it just seems invasive because those people should know Facebook is a personal thing. And I’ve got many girls I’ve had threesomes with on my Facebook and that’s by choice and mutual agreement. Random messages just because we block single guys from messaging is kind of wrong. And it’s our choice here, so why do people feel they can bypass that and message directly on Facebook. For a start, you d have to scrawl through Facebook looking... that’s a little bit more effort than a casual person would put in right? Lol"

To find you on Facebook, all they need is your full name and the area you live, or your mobile number that is registered to log onto Facebook with, or the use of Whatsapp with that phone number, or using the same photos on facebook as on here.

over a year ago

Never give facebook etc your phone number. What do they (facebook) need it for anyway?

And yes very stalky behaviour

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Well we aren’t worried about people finding out. Hell, everyone we know already knows our lifestyle choice lol. It’s not that at all... it just seems invasive because those people should know Facebook is a personal thing. And I’ve got many girls I’ve had threesomes with on my Facebook and that’s by choice and mutual agreement. Random messages just because we block single guys from messaging is kind of wrong. And it’s our choice here, so why do people feel they can bypass that and message directly on Facebook. For a start, you d have to scrawl through Facebook looking... that’s a little bit more effort than a casual person would put in right? Lol

To find you on Facebook, all they need is your full name and the area you live, or your mobile number that is registered to log onto Facebook with, or the use of Whatsapp with that phone number, or using the same photos on facebook as on here.

"

Or as they did with me:

Go through my Fab friends list, find a couple who were happy to put their phone number on their profile, link that phone number with facebook, find out I am friends with them on FB as well, then message me on FB.

Seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through to get blocked on everything, but he did. Wouldn't mind but I had never spoken to the bloke.

over a year ago

Frimley

"Well we aren’t worried about people finding out. Hell, everyone we know already knows our lifestyle choice lol. It’s not that at all... it just seems invasive because those people should know Facebook is a personal thing. And I’ve got many girls I’ve had threesomes with on my Facebook and that’s by choice and mutual agreement. Random messages just because we block single guys from messaging is kind of wrong. And it’s our choice here, so why do people feel they can bypass that and message directly on Facebook. For a start, you d have to scrawl through Facebook looking... that’s a little bit more effort than a casual person would put in right? Lol

"

Yes, we know this - and it’s not an issue in the sense we aren’t bothered by people knowing ... but to send the message? Knowing we didn’t want single guys messaging even on Fab... simply creepy lol.

over a year ago

Frimley

"Never give facebook etc your phone number. What do they (facebook) need it for anyway?

And yes very stalky behaviour "

We connect with girls we’ve met online and verified, with our number and all kinds of social media (partly to help them with feeling a little more comfortable with us as ‘real’ people.

It’s not that we care that people see us on there, it was the fact someone would message. It’s just rude in our opinion. We wouldn’t consider that. Like I say, don’t care about the stalking... just keep your messages for Fab or the official channels :P lol

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Invasive but also depend on what kind of messages he or she sent.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Invasive but also depend on what kind of messages he or she sent."

How does it depend on the type of message sent?

If someone's not been invited to send messages outside of Fab then it's out of order regardless of the type of message

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Totally invasive, one of the reasons I avoid Facebook

over a year ago

"Totally invasive, one of the reasons I avoid Facebook "

over a year ago

Yes very. Had one pic on here that was also on my facebook and I got a few message requests on my messenger as a result. I didn't open their messages on here, so they deemed it perfectly acceptable to message me on my facebook instead. I find it creepy and very invasive. I make sure my fab pics are different from my facebook pics now. I haven't had problems since.

over a year ago

That's just straight up fucking rude.

over a year ago

Happened lots to me. Now I can't be messaged or receive friends invites. Only friends or friends. And still I hate that!

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

We aren’t shy and don’t care about the whole who knows thing. But etiquette right?"

I've only had one guy do it, after swapping phone numbers. It prompted me to change my Facebook settings so you can no longer find me from my phone number. I've also had one guy tell me he's seen me on Facebook. That was because I was using the same profile pic on both sites. He didn't contact me on there, though.

I've no shame in leading a promiscuous lifestyle, but my life doesn't revolve around arranging meets. I like to compartmentalise, and dip into Fab when the time and the mood are right. So I don't welcome people with an exclusively sexual agenda contacting me on Facebook, POF or other sites. I find it rather annoying.

Some people have no concept of etiquette. Like texting or phoning at 4am "because... horny."

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

"We had this problem with another couple. The man couldn't let go - our mistake was, we gave out my (Mrs) number. I started to receive explicit messages, got stalked on all my social media, asked him countless times to stop and just contact on fab. He didn't listen. Now they are blocked on Fab and his number is blocked on my phone. Lesson learned: if we are giving out our number to couples and single men it will be only hubbies!!!! "

This is why I have a separate number for meets XX

over a year ago

I,'ve been contacted via Facebook several times, sometimes with cock pictures. It's not appropriate XXX

Post new Message to Thread