Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Profile content

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Since changing my profile text to a less serious write up, I've noticed an increase in messages from ladies and couples. This surprised me at first, because I figured most would be put off from writing, as my profile no longer listed useful info about me.

What I've found instead is that having a comedy profile provides a great ice breaker. People seem far more interested in conversing with a guy who demonstrates a sense of humour, rather than just listing it as something he has. I'm not saying they all want to blow me (they don't, a lot of them just want to say thanks for giving them a laugh), but it's nice to receive a compliment in any form in my opinion.

It also seems that listing physical features is pointless if your pics are adequate, and not listing everything I'm into sexually hasn't put people off messaging either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I should have gone for the funny write up earlier, rather than sticking with the standard profile info which probably made my profile very similar to everyone else's.

What are your experiences with your profile text? Have you ever changed it and noticed a difference in messages received? Also, what would you rather read, something amusing or something more factually accurate (well, as much as you can rely on profiles for accuracy here anyway)?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Absolutely brilliant!!! I love it.

I prefer funny profiles. I can see why you're getting tons of mail. It gives things to talk about and will put off the serious humourless fuck n go types.

Caps lock over dial up....

over a year ago

God knows what it was like before!

I didn't read it as it's way too long but it's always good to change it up a little and see what works for you..

My profile is deliberately crap ATM but I can tell from the amount of messages I get saying 'great profile!' That no fecker reads it anyhow

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We update our profile fairly regularly but it makes no difference to the messages we receive. A good proportion of them show the sender hasn't even glanced at it .

I prefer a profile to be brief and informative with a touch of humour.

over a year ago

I constantly change mine to reflext life and desires.

As someone who checks profiles before opening messages, I think the text box is a place to stand out. You can put time and effort in and show off a little of your personality. I like to see confidence and a sense of humour.

I'd like to know a little about what the person is looking for, too.

As a single bi female i am offended bynthose who put no effort into their text box

over a year ago

I forgot to answer the other question.

I change my profile text sometimes. When I have no text or pics I get more mails.

Men do read sometimes.

94 views so far today and only 2 mailed me.

over a year ago

I can see why you get messaged, fantasic profile and it certainly is a break from the norm. After all we are here to have fun, laughs, make friends, and have great sex

If you can demonstrate this without the dross then it's a winner and shows personality

I have tried to rewrite mine several times but keep coming back to my original as it serves me well

By *AA123Couple
over a year ago

Lichfield

Entertaining profile.

Not sure about the diseased reference but good fun read nonetheless.

Agreed. Its a better profile for it as it makes it memorable.

over a year ago

"Absolutely brilliant!!! I love it.

I prefer funny profiles. I can see why you're getting tons of mail. It gives things to talk about and will put off the serious humourless fuck n go types.

Caps lock over dial up.... "

Thanks! I think "tons of mail" is pushing it, but I definitely get a bit more than I used to! And you don't even want to think what's possible with italics...

over a year ago

"God knows what it was like before!

I didn't read it as it's way too long but it's always good to change it up a little and see what works for you..

My profile is deliberately crap ATM but I can tell from the amount of messages I get saying 'great profile!' That no fecker reads it anyhow "

Before my profile was pretty standard. I didn't brag, just described myself and my likes, and what I was looking for. It was well written, but didn't particularly stand out.

I've heard from other females and couples that it's barely worth them putting lots of effort into their profiles, as blokes just message them without reading it. I guess the difference for the guys is, most women don't read the profiles, or message either But usually the few that do message have read and analysed your profile thoroughly!

over a year ago

"I constantly change mine to reflext life and desires.

As someone who checks profiles before opening messages, I think the text box is a place to stand out. You can put time and effort in and show off a little of your personality. I like to see confidence and a sense of humour.

I'd like to know a little about what the person is looking for, too.

As a single bi female i am offended bynthose who put no effort into their text box "

As a single straight male I'm also offended by those who put no effort into their text box. I don't care how hot the pics are, if she can't be bothered to write anything about herself, I'll skip her profile.

When I message, I always say a bit about myself, so that they aren't just presented with my arrogant, deluded profile

over a year ago

"I can see why you get messaged, fantasic profile and it certainly is a break from the norm. After all we are here to have fun, laughs, make friends, and have great sex

If you can demonstrate this without the dross then it's a winner and shows personality

I have tried to rewrite mine several times but keep coming back to my original as it serves me well "

Thanks! And you're right, this place is about fun - what's the point in taking it overly seriously?

If your profile serves you well then that's understandable not changing it - if it ain't broke...

over a year ago

"Entertaining profile.

Not sure about the diseased reference but good fun read nonetheless.

Agreed. Its a better profile for it as it makes it memorable."

Some of it is ridiculously arrogant, but it's almost a filter - if people genuinely get offended and don't pick up on the stupidity of the character being portrayed, and the sarcasm I'm using, then they're probably not who I'm looking for

Post new Message to Thread