Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Likeminded People

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Is 'likeminded’ the new ‘genuine’… a bit like grey being the new black?

It seems like this word is popping up on every second profile I’ve looked at in the past week or so…. yet the profile never actually explains what they’re expecting someone to be likeminded about.

I can understand if the profile has an outline of the type of meets they are looking for or what excites them or what they would like to try, but…

“Looking for likeminded people” and that’s it!…. wtf is that meant to mean?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

think it means , if i like chips n gravy u have to like chips n gravy , great minds think alike , and all that bollox

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

It seems like this word is popping up on every second profile I’ve looked at in the past week or so…. yet the profile never actually explains what they’re expecting someone to be likeminded about.

I can understand if the profile has an outline of the type of meets they are looking for or what excites them or what they would like to try, but…

"

actually find this with the use of the word 'Professional' (which is oh so often spelt wrong!) are they professional swingers, Professional footballers, professional in the way of a doctor or lawyer or indeed what we all know as the oldest profession in the book?

Just a thought and I will probably get kicked from pillar to post for asking

over a year ago

"

actually find this with the use of the word 'Professional' (which is oh so often spelt wrong!) are they professional swingers, Professional footballers, professional in the way of a doctor or lawyer or indeed what we all know as the oldest profession in the book?

"

i think they mean they have a job lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

"

as neither of us use the word in our profiles on that bases we are both unemployed or maybe even unemployanle (talking for myself now A)

over a year ago

lol, dunno, but i wouldnt piut it on mine, i think it sounds like there up there own ass lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

as neither of us use the word in our profiles on that bases we are both unemployed or maybe even unemployanle (talking for myself now A)"

damn it I can't be a professioal - I can't even use a spell checker I meant to say unemployable!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

got to laugh and it might have been done a s a joke, but just got a message from someone wanting to chat, looked at the profile and all it says is

"Hi, Id like to meet like minded people for lots and lots of fun!!"

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"lol, dunno, but i wouldnt piut it on mine, i think it sounds like there up there own ass lol

"

i just dont message them, as you say to far up ther own arses

over a year ago

"got to laugh and it might have been done a s a joke, but just got a message from someone wanting to chat, looked at the profile and all it says is

"

I am really starting to struggle with holding back on the sarcastic replies....

"Glad to here you are likeminded – I didn’t think there were many people on here into testicle mutilation"

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"got to laugh and it might have been done a s a joke, but just got a message from someone wanting to chat, looked at the profile and all it says is

I am really starting to struggle with holding back on the sarcastic replies....

"Glad to here you are likeminded – I didn’t think there were many people on here into testicle mutilation" "

I leave the mutilation for K but I do know where you are coming from lol

over a year ago

Had to go and check our profile, it's not in there, as this is a phrase we have been using for quite a while now and to date we had not read anything sinister into it.

For us it means nothing more than folk who have a "mind" to "like" the same things as we state we do in our profile and we did not realise it was having such an effect on others.

over a year ago

"Had to go and check our profile, it's not in there, as this is a phrase we have been using for quite a while now and to date we had not read anything sinister into it.

For us it means nothing more than folk who have a "mind" to "like" the same things as we state we do in our profile and we did not realise it was having such an effect on others."

I have no problem if the profile has something about what they are looking for and then has "looking for like minded people". It's when "looking for likeminded people" is the ONLY thing it states.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I want a coffee - are there any like minded people out there?

over a year ago

"Had to go and check our profile, it's not in there, as this is a phrase we have been using for quite a while now and to date we had not read anything sinister into it.

For us it means nothing more than folk who have a "mind" to "like" the same things as we state we do in our profile and we did not realise it was having such an effect on others.

I have no problem if the profile has something about what they are looking for and then has "looking for like minded people". It's when "looking for likeminded people" is the ONLY thing it states."

Rubs sleep out his eyes and realises he has had another of those Doh! moments.

In that context and brevity I can see exactly what you mean, to the point that we simply pass by any profile that does not have a clear set of wants, wishes and limitations on it

over a year ago

I have professional down in my profile.

Means I have to use my brains more than my hands

over a year ago

"I have professional down in my profile.

Means I have to use my brains more than my hands"

We don't as it implies an inflated air of cleverness that some find distasteful.

over a year ago

i would put it on mine if i could spell it

over a year ago

"i would put it on mine if i could spell it"

If you did some would misconstrue it and think you were hoping to charge for it

over a year ago

they think that anyway not matter what i write lol 10p for a blow job no way!! lol

over a year ago

Let’s face it – most people who use the word professional on their profile have no firkin idea what the word means and use it because they work in an office or wear a shirt most days.

I am not fussed about what someone does for a living (OK there may be a few extreme exceptions to that) as it has no relevance to my purpose for meeting then (or not).

over a year ago

"they think that anyway not matter what i write lol 10p for a blow job no way!! lol"

Is that 1p from all 10 of them

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

Some people use 'professional' to imply an bit of education or even sophistication but (even apart from the spelling error mentioned above) a cursory glance at their profile often suggests otherwise.

over a year ago

dont we all use our brains more than our hands ????????

over a year ago

"

"

Yes,as you say,we can understand it if the profile has a certain wish-list.

However when the profile just says that or "Looking for similar couples" without any prerequisites its probably just down to idleness.

They just can't be arsed to say exactly what they're after or, worse still, don't know!

XXXX

over a year ago

As for "professional" even worse is "Sexy,attractive,professional"!

Nooooooooo,now that is up yourself in a big way,lol.

It conjures up an image of the swingers equivalent of Hyacinth Bucket.

XXXX

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"dont we all use our brains more than our hands ????????"

hell no ! there are some who most definitely dont lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"As for "professional" even worse is "Sexy,attractive,professional"!

Nooooooooo,now that is up yourself in a big way,lol.

It conjures up an image of the swingers equivalent of Hyacinth Bucket.

XXXX"

love it - but can't imagine my mum on a site like this

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

There's plenty of folk seemingly able to speak (and type) without their brain being in any way involved in the processes

over a year ago

"dont we all use our brains more than our hands ????????

There's plenty of folk seemingly able to speak (and type) without their brain being in any way involved in the processes "

Are you sure it's not just lucky key tapping as they spank the monkey?

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"dont we all use our brains more than our hands ????????

There's plenty of folk seemingly able to speak (and type) without their brain being in any way involved in the processes

Are you sure it's not just lucky key tapping as they spank the monkey?"

On the basis that if you leave a monkey at a keyboard for long enough he'll (note I say he ) eventually type out the complete works of Shakespeare? No. I doubt it

over a year ago

"I have professional down in my profile.

Means I have to use my brains more than my hands

We don't as it implies an inflated air of cleverness that some find distasteful."

Guess some people will. Some people are also offended by anything.

over a year ago

Don't know, not seen you on cam.

Post new Message to Thread