Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Chatting at events

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering how single people get on with chatting with couples at events as its very daunting (especially for single guys) as you don't know what they're after,

Suppose this is where my social anxiety gets the better of me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edRidingWolfCouple
over a year ago

Lydney

Do you mean at organised socials and clubs or something else?

Simply approach and introduce yourself, no need to be shy.

over a year ago

For example, last night I went to the ffff at xstasia and it was mainly couples but because your a single male, people didn't seem interested

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"For example, last night I went to the ffff at xstasia and it was mainly couples but because your a single male, people didn't seem interested "
hello mate, yeah I found it the same last night but, I'd like to think that we were that good looking the couple's were shy to approach us lol (doubt it but it's funny)

By *aycee70Couple
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Just come over and say hello, you never know your luck. Corny, but nothing ventured nothing gained, also what's the worse that can happen? On the upside you might get laid.

over a year ago

"Just come over and say hello, you never know your luck. Corny, but nothing ventured nothing gained, also what's the worse that can happen? On the upside you might get laid. "
lol, some of the men in the couple's look like they wanna smash your face in so that can be a bit daunting upon any approach lol

By *hocolateRodMan
over a year ago

London and over UK

I have been to couple of socials - as single guy. It's very very nerve wracking. Esp if everyone knows everyone else. When I have gone, it's when I know a couple there from beforehand. It breaks the ice and makes the whole thing so much easier. Walking in cold not knowing anyone would scare me!

By *nDeexXxCouple
over a year ago

Rossendale

We will always chat with single males if they say hi. Chatted with quite a few at chams the other night. And some of them conversations led to horny fun.

Maybe try the social areas of clubs away from the action. Know with chams we chat to whoever is in bar, jacuzzi or smoking area when we are taking a breather from play

Dee

over a year ago

It is hard for single guys

I mean Yeah walk up and say hello but when it comes to bring the conversation round to finding out if they want to play thats when I go shy lol

over a year ago

"Just wondering how single people get on with chatting with couples at events as its very daunting (especially for single guys) as you don't know what they're after,

Suppose this is where my social anxiety gets the better of me "

Okay, I have not been to a club as a single male alone. However, my suggestion would be. Be social, dont just single out couples or females, talk to males too. Explain it is your first time, and generally talk to them like you would sny party. If approaching a couple, I would say approach the male first. This would show respect. You will find the people friendly, then in the conversation you will find out what they are looking for.

over a year ago

"Just wondering how single people get on with chatting with couples at events as its very daunting (especially for single guys) as you don't know what they're after,

Suppose this is where my social anxiety gets the better of me "

If people behave anything like they do on this site, then most of them will simply not say anything back to you if you introduce yourself with a polite one-liner...

By *hy-totCouple
over a year ago

Skellow

Okay, I have not been to a club as a single male alone. However, my suggestion would be. Be social, dont just single out couples or females, talk to males too. Explain it is your first time, and generally talk to them like you would sny party. If approaching a couple, I would say approach the male first. This would show respect. You will find the people friendly, then in the conversation you will find out what they are looking for. "

over a year ago

"Just come over and say hello, you never know your luck. Corny, but nothing ventured nothing gained, also what's the worse that can happen? On the upside you might get laid. "

Easier said then done when you have abit of social anxiety going on

I suppose its the fear of it being awkward

over a year ago

Okay, I have not been to a club as a single male alone. However, my suggestion would be. Be social, dont just single out couples or females, talk to males too. Explain it is your first time, and generally talk to them like you would sny party. If approaching a couple, I would say approach the male first. This would show respect. You will find the people friendly, then in the conversation you will find out what they are looking for. "

The last 2 events I've been to, I've ended up chatting to guys most the night as friends as it's a good laugh etc that you end up having but it would still be nice to have some polite conversations with females and couples (which I did do but not as many as I would of liked too)

I will try and approach the males more in future

over a year ago

"For example, last night I went to the ffff at xstasia and it was mainly couples but because your a single male, people didn't seem interested hello mate, yeah I found it the same last night but, I'd like to think that we were that good looking the couple's were shy to approach us lol (doubt it but it's funny)"

Don't you drag me down to your level mate

Was a good laugh but next time we're going to make it better and I think we need to chat a little and move on to the next ones next time instead of being stuck with the same crowd !

over a year ago

"We will always chat with single males if they say hi. Chatted with quite a few at chams the other night. And some of them conversations led to horny fun.

Maybe try the social areas of clubs away from the action. Know with chams we chat to whoever is in bar, jacuzzi or smoking area when we are taking a breather from play

Dee "

Smoking is a very social way of doing it because to start a conversation, all you have to do is say "do you have a lighter I can borrow please ?"

Bit difficult for us guys who dont smoke

over a year ago

I've found it tends to be a bit clique-y. Bit worried about making people feel uncomfortable around me.

over a year ago

Okay, I have not been to a club as a single male alone. However, my suggestion would be. Be social, dont just single out couples or females, talk to males too. Explain it is your first time, and generally talk to them like you would sny party. If approaching a couple, I would say approach the male first. This would show respect. You will find the people friendly, then in the conversation you will find out what they are looking for.

The last 2 events I've been to, I've ended up chatting to guys most the night as friends as it's a good laugh etc that you end up having but it would still be nice to have some polite conversations with females and couples (which I did do but not as many as I would of liked too)

I will try and approach the males more in future "

Try this like with a massive cheeky smile on your face. "Hi folks, sorry I am a bit lost. Is this the Jahovas witness Conference" or "Hey, you two look great together! How did you meet?"

over a year ago

"For example, last night I went to the ffff at xstasia and it was mainly couples but because your a single male, people didn't seem interested hello mate, yeah I found it the same last night but, I'd like to think that we were that good looking the couple's were shy to approach us lol (doubt it but it's funny)

Don't you drag me down to your level mate

Was a good laugh but next time we're going to make it better and I think we need to chat a little and move on to the next ones next time instead of being stuck with the same crowd !"

agreed my friend

over a year ago

"

Try this like with a massive cheeky smile on your face. "Hi folks, sorry I am a bit lost. Is this the Jahovas witness Conference" or "Hey, you two look great together! How did you meet?" "

Gets note pad out

over a year ago

I am pretty comfortable chatting with people at clubs and rather enjoy meeting new people!

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Just say hi and go from there. Emms loves the attention when someone speaks to her and they begin a bit of chatting and flirting.

By *r Stagger LeeMan
over a year ago

torquay

have suffered with this when I first attended club, but I usually find someone o chat with female, couple or male. usually find a good chat even if it is another guy attract other, especially on a quiet night.

Post new Message to Thread