Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Rope work

Jump to newest

By *ifestylers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

At SF16 we were fascinated by the ropework in the fet tent, so bought some and decided to have a go for the first time last night. Wife decided she liked the intricacy and intimacy of the unbound ropework, rather than the bondage restriction of binding her arms. So I am looking for other designs to try out with her, but most resources seem to be restrictive ropework. Any suggestions please? (take a look at our pics to see what I am on about, and fab them if you like plz)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

No idea but I'm the same - love rope work but don't want to be restricted either. Will keep an eye on this thread

JG x

over a year ago

Midlands

"No idea but I'm the same - love rope work but don't want to be restricted either. Will keep an eye on this thread

JG x "

Have you come across many designs at all?

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

We enjoy our rope, we do tend to do restrictive bondage and suspension but Google two knotty boys and see if any of their r rope work is what you are after.

over a year ago

Midlands

"We enjoy our rope, we do tend to do restrictive bondage and suspension but Google two knotty boys and see if any of their r rope work is what you are after."

Yes found them before I made a start. Some useful stuff. Thanks.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"We enjoy our rope, we do tend to do restrictive bondage and suspension but Google two knotty boys and see if any of their r rope work is what you are after.

Yes found them before I made a start. Some useful stuff. Thanks. "

Enjoy having ropey fun

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

"No idea but I'm the same - love rope work but don't want to be restricted either. Will keep an eye on this thread

JG x

Have you come across many designs at all?"

We've just been looking at Shibari on YouTube & Google so far.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Reading with curious interest, I'd love to try rope work.

over a year ago

If you are just looking at designs I would suggest Pinterest or tumblr and search under Shibari.

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

You look like your doing well as it is but I use a studio in bristol if you'd like me to show you the ropes there

over a year ago

Midlands

"If you are just looking at designs I would suggest Pinterest or tumblr and search under Shibari."

Thanks. Like instructions too tho.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/07/16 14:15:46]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 19/07/16 14:15:46]"

I would say upfront l am more kinbaku than shibari but l am interested in all things rope. If you are looking at incorporating pretty knots then as others have stated you can't go wrong with the two knotty boys. However if you are looking to create designs then l would suggest a peer rope event to help you understand tension and counter tension (of which you have some grasp) and also how incorporating hitches and frictions can help you understand how a pattern is made. I have found the rope groups on fetlife helpful in this way, because someone will put a picture up and say how do l do this and people make suggestions. I think without getting into the basic blocks of rope bondage in structured manner, this may limit you expressing yourself in shibari, as you clearly have skills.

over a year ago

My first book was shibari by lee Harrington.

A great how to book and you can download it from Amazon

By *ayandess1Couple
over a year ago

bridgwater

try the books by two knotty boys. good for beginners.

over a year ago

Midlands

Thanks all for the suggestions. Did some more last night - will post pics soon.

over a year ago

What about a chest weave.... let me edit my face out the photo and post one

over a year ago

A total rope virgin here

over a year ago

"What about a chest weave.... let me edit my face out the photo and post one"

Loading now. It's not the best pic of one as the red was too short so had to pull it through hard to tie it off so lost a little neatness but you'll get the idea.

You need at least 2 lengths of 10m our red was about 8.5

over a year ago

You could also try a pentagram which is a chest piece.... let me see if I have a pic.

What I don't have a pic of is a hip weave but that can be used for suspension but would work just for tying too.

The male and his female bunny that were at SF this year are quite well known for rope. She is amszing at self tying and between them post clips on YouTube showing how to do some of the stuff

over a year ago

"What about a chest weave.... let me edit my face out the photo and post one

Loading now. It's not the best pic of one as the red was too short so had to pull it through hard to tie it off so lost a little neatness but you'll get the idea.

You need at least 2 lengths of 10m our red was about 8.5 "

Some lovely pics there

over a year ago

"You could also try a pentagram which is a chest piece.... let me see if I have a pic.

What I don't have a pic of is a hip weave but that can be used for suspension but would work just for tying too.

The male and his female bunny that were at SF this year are quite well known for rope. She is amszing at self tying and between them post clips on YouTube showing how to do some of the stuff"

Ok so that's a basic pentagram up too. I do like to be restricted so like that along with a dragonfly sleeve... The black rope down my arms

over a year ago

Some lovely pics there "

Thank you, Mister is quite clever with his knots. Got some lovely purple rope arrived now so should get a few more ties done soon but I don't tend to post too many on here!

over a year ago

Midlands

You need at least 2 lengths of 10m our red was about 8.5 "

Thanks. The single red one probably better for us as fem doesn't like things round her neck and I could do a slight mod to the single one but not the full weave. Great pics btw.

over a year ago

Midlands

"You could also try a pentagram which is a chest piece.... let me see if I have a pic.

The male and his female bunny that were at SF this year are quite well known for rope. She is amszing at self tying and between them post clips on YouTube showing how to do some of the stuff"

That's the one I was referring to in my last reply - The Pentagram. Thanks.

We lost their business card from SF. Do you have a link to their website / youtube vids?

over a year ago

The male and his female bunny that were at SF this year are quite well known for rope. She is amszing at self tying and between them post clips on YouTube showing how to do some of the stuff

That's the one I was referring to in my last reply - The Pentagram. Thanks.

We lost their business card from SF. Do you have a link to their website / youtube vids?"

Will message you

over a year ago

Thanks. The single red one probably better for us as fem doesn't like things round her neck and I could do a slight mod to the single one but not the full weave. Great pics btw. "

Pentagram a fairly standard one but if you then did some crotch ties or a hip weave you could bind together.

Tbh I like the chest weave because of the neck work. Had a lovely tie at Swingfields from them

over a year ago

"At SF16 we were fascinated by the ropework in the fet tent, so bought some and decided to have a go for the first time last night. Wife decided she liked the intricacy and intimacy of the unbound ropework, rather than the bondage restriction of binding her arms. So I am looking for other designs to try out with her, but most resources seem to be restrictive ropework. Any suggestions please? (take a look at our pics to see what I am on about, and fab them if you like plz)"

I was also at Swingfields 16 and it inspired me to learn more about it too. I attended my second peer workshop class yesterday and found the interaction between the instructors and one or two of the couples highly erotic.

over a year ago

Midlands

"At SF16 we were fascinated by the ropework in the fet tent, so bought some and decided to have a go for the first time last night. Wife decided she liked the intricacy and intimacy of the unbound ropework, rather than the bondage restriction of binding her arms. So I am looking for other designs to try out with her, but most resources seem to be restrictive ropework. Any suggestions please? (take a look at our pics to see what I am on about, and fab them if you like plz)

I was also at Swingfields 16 and it inspired me to learn more about it too. I attended my second peer workshop class yesterday and found the interaction between the instructors and one or two of the couples highly erotic."

Do you have any details on these workshops plz?

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

If you DM me I'll find a way to send you my examples. I can't post them here as I'm not in them but I'm into decorative rope work as club wear X

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

Our rope has arrived - can't wait to try it out tomorrow!!

JG x

over a year ago

"Reading with curious interest, I'd love to try rope work."
this for me too x

over a year ago

"At SF16 we were fascinated by the ropework in the fet tent, so bought some and decided to have a go for the first time last night. Wife decided she liked the intricacy and intimacy of the unbound ropework, rather than the bondage restriction of binding her arms. So I am looking for other designs to try out with her, but most resources seem to be restrictive ropework. Any suggestions please? (take a look at our pics to see what I am on about, and fab them if you like plz)

I was also at Swingfields 16 and it inspired me to learn more about it too. I attended my second peer workshop class yesterday and found the interaction between the instructors and one or two of the couples highly erotic.

Do you have any details on these workshops plz?"

Sure do, if you look for Anatomie Studio on google or twitter you should find the one that I have been attending.

over a year ago

I have always loved rope play and have decided that i would like to learn the skills of Shibari heres looking to the future and lots of fun

over a year ago

Midlands

"If you DM me I'll find a way to send you my examples. I can't post them here as I'm not in them but I'm into decorative rope work as club wear X "

You profile is hidden. Please message us and we'll respond.

over a year ago

Midlands

"Our rope has arrived - can't wait to try it out tomorrow!!

JG x"

Look forward to seeing the results

By *urpurseCouple
over a year ago

North West

I would second tumblr for ideas...........it has some amazing rope work on there, good luck, its amazing I love it!!!

Post new Message to Thread