Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Verifications- how important are they?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For me safety is paramount on any online site and I will not.meet anyone without at least one verification. Doesn't need to be graphic one, just one from another site user to say they have.met in person. I state this on my profile yet I receive over 15 messages a day from users who are not verified.

It is my personal choice surely -why do guys get upset and angry when I decline to meet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"For me safety is paramount on any online site and I will not.meet anyone without at least one verification. Doesn't need to be graphic one, just one from another site user to say they have.met in person. I state this on my profile yet I receive over 15 messages a day from users who are not verified.

It is my personal choice surely -why do guys get upset and angry when I decline to meet?"

You can block users that aren't verified. That would stop the messages

over a year ago

"For me safety is paramount on any online site and I will not.meet anyone without at least one verification. Doesn't need to be graphic one, just one from another site user to say they have.met in person. I state this on my profile yet I receive over 15 messages a day from users who are not verified.

I have done so but verified can also mean photo verified too. The green flag symbol. Is that correct?

It is my personal choice surely -why do guys get upset and angry when I decline to meet?

You can block users that aren't verified. That would stop the messages "

over a year ago

Yes your safety is paramount so stick to your principles and like the lovely lady said you can block people through the filters in this manner. The best of luck though.

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

A verification is nothing more than an opinion of someone. If you or others were to meet the same person you may well have a different opinion. I think verifications are pointless and people out far too much stock in them.

over a year ago

we have met unverified and fairly new as well - think those that have been on for over a year and unverified arent really up for meeting andso dont waste time with them -but we will message if we like the sound and look of them as people do have genuine reasons for not having a veri

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

A verification is nothing more than an opinion of someone. If you or others were to meet the same person you may well have a different opinion. I think verifications are pointless and people put far too much stock in them.

over a year ago

Isn't the green flag a symbol of being verified but only.photo verified? I block unverified but my messages are all from folk with the green flag symbol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Isn't the green flag a symbol of being verified but only.photo verified? I block unverified but my messages are all from folk with the green flag symbol"

Green flag - photo verified

Green tick - meet verified

I find being verified means very little with regards to being reliable.

over a year ago

Yes photo verified allows mail

I very occasionally meet someone without a veri. But always socially

over a year ago

On a safety point of _iew it's good

But really it's an opinion on how someone sees you.

I will meet unverified people but I will always be careful.

over a year ago

Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there)

over a year ago

I think veris are important as far as you are real the sex you say you are and that you are clean n well presented. Anymore then that is up to the individual. But veris ain't the be all and end all of the site.

over a year ago

not important to me

having a verification does not make somebody genuine it just means they turned up for that meet, ive had two no shows on fab one a single guy one a couple both were verified

on the flip side having no verifications does not make you a time waster or a nutter it just means nobody has given them a chance yet, ive met many none verifed guys, all have turned up

over a year ago

"Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there) "
feel the same way

over a year ago

"not important to me

having a verification does not make somebody genuine it just means they turned up for that meet, ive had two no shows on fab one a single guy one a couple both were verified

on the flip side having no verifications does not make you a time waster or a nutter it just means nobody has given them a chance yet, ive met many none verifed guys, all have turned up"

Couldn't of said it better

over a year ago

"not important to me

on the flip side having no verifications does not make you a time waster or a nutter it just means nobody has given them a chance yet, ive met many none verifed guys, all have turned up"

When we meeting lol

By *etter the devil you knowWoman
over a year ago

Lyndhurst

wont meet anyone without any. Some people have fake ones, I think if they only have one its more likely to be fake than someone who has a few though.

If they aren't visible they are also more likely to be fake.

Some people only want to meet you just to get their first verification.

I am mostly more interested in the ones they leave for others as it tells you what sort of person they are.

over a year ago

"Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there) feel the same way"

So do we

over a year ago

Makes me laugh when people don't meet or chat due to no Verifications.

Verifications aren't a security barrier. I work closely with IT departments and you wouldn't believe how easy it is to take verifications on here. Photo verification is a little trickier but at the end of the day the only thing I trust is my instincts. And reading some of the utter rot that people display is cringe at best of times. So many clichés.

People say "you don't know who you're dealing with online" it's just as dangerous meeting in the real world.

Never displayed one and never will. Prefer an intellectual decision rather than the mass opinion of a website.

over a year ago

"not important to me

on the flip side having no verifications does not make you a time waster or a nutter it just means nobody has given them a chance yet, ive met many none verifed guys, all have turned up

When we meeting lol"

i can probably squeeze you in tomorrow

over a year ago

"Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there) "

May I say you obviously having thought your thoughts through. If you don't have any verifications you won't get meets and if you don't get meets you won't get any verifications. Vicious circle which begs the question someone must have met you before you were verified?

over a year ago

I think veris are Important although I would still meet if the guy didnt have one .

I personally don't meet unless we have swapped mobile nos. This les out the attached too..usually.

I'm a single woman and think I'm a good judge of character but I need to be safe.

over a year ago

I agree with this, but in a slight reverse. I tend not to meet people that have scrolling re_iew sections on their site. People get so hung on the childish movements on here, like "fab my photo" and make me feel good about myself, etc that the site becomes a novelty. If I go into a public place and see a girl I like I don't ask her to gather up some evidence she's worthy of my cock. I use my brain and thought process to determine if I want to go further. This site is a tool to open up communication. Just because mr&mrs smith of Bognor says someone is really genuine and warns others to "treat em right" (ewww) doesn't make me think, well that's that then I'm safe to fuck the, they must be brilliant.

over a year ago

"wont meet anyone without any. Some people have fake ones, I think if they only have one its more likely to be fake than someone who has a few though.

I am mostly more interested in the ones they leave for others as it tells you what sort of person they are."

So by what you're telling us...the one you have displayed is fake?? Or are the hidden ones fake??

over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"wont meet anyone without any. Some people have fake ones, I think if they only have one its more likely to be fake than someone who has a few though.

I am mostly more interested in the ones they leave for others as it tells you what sort of person they are.

So by what you're telling us...the one you have displayed is fake?? Or are the hidden ones fake??"

Ha ha I knew someone would say that.

I didn't mean everyone I meant they are the ones that are more likely to be fake. I choose to only show one, it doesn't bother most men anyway.

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

I only meet ppl that have at least 2 verifications, I even ask the verified ppl that hide their veris to show them beforehand. I can then almost cross reference in a way to somebody that I've met or has met someone that's met me? This way I know they're hopefully genuine.

Each to their own but this works well for me!

over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Nobody ever mentions my verifications half the time they don't even read the first line of my profile. They may not care who they meet but I do.

over a year ago

I've started organazing socials for two reasons.

1 I find it differcult meeting socially one on one but once I've meet someone I'm fine.

2 because I do think the first veri is important and differcult for single guys to get so it's away for single guys to come along meet new people maybe hook up and get a first veri. My first social was very sucessfull. My next one will be early Sep. xxx

By *ucklingsCouple
over a year ago

Rugby

Well, we started once without verifications, but if they have been on here for a while and still haven't gotten photo verified then alarm bells go off. Xx

over a year ago

Good to have a few to prove you are genuine...and actually meet. Not that important otherwise....?

over a year ago

"A verification is nothing more than an opinion of someone. If you or others were to meet the same person you may well have a different opinion. I think verifications are pointless and people out far too much stock in them. "

I have a brain... I use it......

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh when people don't meet or chat due to no Verifications.

Verifications aren't a security barrier. I work closely with IT departments and you wouldn't believe how easy it is to take verifications on here. Photo verification is a little trickier but at the end of the day the only thing I trust is my instincts. And reading some of the utter rot that people display is cringe at best of times. So many clichés.

People say "you don't know who you're dealing with online" it's just as dangerous meeting in the real world.

Never displayed one and never will. Prefer an intellectual decision rather than the mass opinion of a website."

By *adbod2015Man
over a year ago

Nantwich

I think they can be important yeah especially with the structure of the site. I originally signed up just for the forums and to chat to people in order to build up a confidence for or scene but now that's happened and I've decided to now try and meet people I've of difficult without the meet verification as people have said they don't believe I'm real as I signed up a long time ago and have no verifications.

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

It is my personal choice surely -why do guys get upset and angry when I decline to meet?"

I totally agree verifications are a sign of beingggenuine and is a security back up I don't see guys without pics or verifications

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I met unverified men on my single profile and never had any problems,it was a verified man who messed me about and stood me up.I don't go only on verifications,i trust my gut feelings now.Miss,

By *otgirl32Woman
over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

"

If they aren't visible they are also more likely to be fake"

Really??? NOW you tell me I'm fake.

over a year ago

Varies can be useful, however there are those on here who have multiple profiles and will V themselves.

( normally men)

over a year ago

"Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there)

I agree with this, but in a slight reverse. I tend not to meet people that have scrolling re_iew sections on their site. People get so hung on the childish movements on here, like "fab my photo" and make me feel good about myself, etc that the site becomes a novelty. If I go into a public place and see a girl I like I don't ask her to gather up some evidence she's worthy of my cock. I use my brain and thought process to determine if I want to go further. This site is a tool to open up communication. Just because mr&mrs smith of Bognor says someone is really genuine and warns others to "treat em right" (ewww) doesn't make me think, well that's that then I'm safe to fuck the, they must be brilliant."

Ahhhh I see said the man with no verification point proven I guess

over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"

If they aren't visible they are also more likely to be fake

Really??? NOW you tell me I'm fake. "

More likely didn't say they all were.

over a year ago

"I've started organazing socials for two reasons.

1 I find it differcult meeting socially one on one but once I've meet someone I'm fine.

2 because I do think the first veri is important and differcult for single guys to get so it's away for single guys to come along meet new people maybe hook up and get a first veri. My first social was very sucessfull. My next one will be early Sep. xxx"

A lady after my own heart. Pity there isn't more like minded people like you on this site. I've pointed out before and on this thread the near stupity of some people on verifications, need a veri to get a meet to be able to get a veri vicious circle.

I'm beginning to wonder there is too many people on here who think it's their own little clique club.

over a year ago

"

Did you not realize? xxx

over a year ago

"

Defently a fake account

over a year ago

Yes verifications are important but women don't mess aboit like men so I would meet someone without if we talk on the phone beforehand

over a year ago

"I've started organazing socials for two reasons.

2 because I do think the first veri is important and differcult for single guys to get so it's away for single guys to come along meet new people maybe hook up and get a first veri. My first social was very sucessfull. My next one will be early Sep. xxx

A lady after my own heart. Pity there isn't more like minded people like you on this site. I've pointed out before and on this thread the near stupity of some people on verifications, need a veri to get a meet to be able to get a veri vicious circle.

I'm beginning to wonder there is too many people on here who think it's their own little clique club."

There's no clique but it does take time to find your feet on here. It took me two years before I finally started to be noticed in a positive way but I have changed n evolved an awful lot in the past twelve months and it shows. Xxx

By *ischiefmanagedWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk border

I feel quite strongly about this. I'm verified but I don't display any veris or last verified details for a couple of reasons

a) some of my verifications are a bit explicit to the point of crude, which isn't my bag I'm afraid

b) people make judgements about frequency, lack of frequency of meets etc. Its a swinging site, as long as we play safe then it's no one's business.

x

over a year ago

To a certain degree verifications do matter but but at the same time can't always be trusted! At the end of the day until you get chatting to or arrange to meet someone you will never know wether they are genuine or not,first and foremost people need to feel comfortable and safe with someone and at the end of the day you never know if your going to click with them until you take the plunge and meet in person

over a year ago

"Verification is very important we won't meet people without verification or people who hide verifications. Seen these threads before and most of the people who say verification isn't important are generally the ones without any (no suprise there)

I feel quite strongly about this. I'm verified but I don't display any veris or last verified details for a couple of reasons

a) some of my verifications are a bit explicit to the point of crude, which isn't my bag I'm afraid

b) people make judgements about frequency, lack of frequency of meets etc. Its a swinging site, as long as we play safe then it's no one's business.

x "

Fabs a game we all play it differently if your choice is to hide your verification that's the way you want to play and people can either take it or leave it I'm not saying there's a right or wrong but at the end of the day if you don't want to show verification that's fine but what's wrong with at least showing your verification summary?

By *ischiefmanagedWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk border

x

Fabs a game we all play it differently if your choice is to hide your verification that's the way you want to play and people can either take it or leave it I'm not saying there's a right or wrong but at the end of the day if you don't want to show verification that's fine but what's wrong with at least showing your verification summary? "

Nothing at the moment as I've only just come back after a break so, but my most recent ex is on Fab, so it's courtesy as much as anything else. Like most folk I don't feel the need to tell my ex the last time I had sex!

over a year ago

I hide mine just due to historical problems but if I am chatting with someone and they would like to see them I will show them for a short while.

over a year ago

Important, not important, everyone has to start somewhere, to us a verification given, is just a little thank you note x

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Pointless after a few

over a year ago

"I hide mine just due to historical problems but if I am chatting with someone and they would like to see them I will show them for a short while."

i hide pretty much all of mine but i show a hand full just to show i am female

thing is if you dont show any your fake if you have to many it puts people off, you cant win

over a year ago

I have heard of people verificating each other just to make out they have met or chatted to one another a sort of tit for tat type of thing, I am wondering how much of this sort of thing goes on especially when you see how many some people have , I would not put to much on verification because of this , the best way really is to chat on the phone and meet in a public place for a coffee to see how the person is suitable or not

By *ischiefmanagedWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk border

"I hide mine just due to historical problems but if I am chatting with someone and they would like to see them I will show them for a short while."

Aha, splendid idea!

over a year ago

I don't have any veris but I'm still relatively new on here so that's understandable. It's only been 11 months.

over a year ago

I agree with this, but in a slight reverse. I tend not to meet people that have scrolling re_iew sections on their site. People get so hung on the childish movements on here, like "fab my photo" and make me feel good about myself, etc that the site becomes a novelty. If I go into a public place and see a girl I like I don't ask her to gather up some evidence she's worthy of my cock. I use my brain and thought process to determine if I want to go further. This site is a tool to open up communication. Just because mr&mrs smith of Bognor says someone is really genuine and warns others to "treat em right" (ewww) doesn't make me think, well that's that then I'm safe to fuck the, they must be brilliant.

Ahhhh I see said the man with no verification point proven I guess "

I see looking at your other thread replies you love jumping to those conclusions. I'm sorry but this is exactly the childish response that at times pushes me to leave fab. If you try to grasp the point I'm making and perhaps read my answers in a contextual manner you'd realise I really don't 'need' veris like some do to enjoy the site.

If you look closely at veris you'll see a lot are linked and it becomes quite incestuous.

I use judgement and contact people who I find aesthetically attractive based on a picture or by something in their wording. I wouldn't dream of fucking someone because they seem 'safe or genuine"

As I've said verifications to me mean fuck all, if you read between the lines you will see patterns. These are a dead giveaway to an educated mind as you see stock answers given to varied meets, meaning it was just another trip to get their end away..to put it crudely "just another stick being slung down another tunnel"

over a year ago

Words like "lovely" are used a lot as oppose to AMAZING...my nan is 'lovely' I'd rather be thought as fucking exceptional.

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

1. If it's important to you; you can block non- verified.

2. I couldn't care less; to me they are of no interest whatsoever ; I am able to make up my own mind.

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

I've some great people off here that haven't been verified. You find some right gems.

I usually keep my Veris switched off but offer to temporarily enable them so a potential meet can see them. The only reason I hide them is due to random people previously contacting me wanting the low down on someone I've met. Or contacting people that have verified me for info about me.

over a year ago

Verifications are ONLY useful for one thing, if a profile has been active for more than 3 months and has no verifications, it's either

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

Hold on I hear you say, what about us that can't get a verification? Mmm well if you haven't the will, the way or the means to go to a social, a club or any other gathering, then you are best avoided too.....

over a year ago

"Isn't the green flag a symbol of being verified but only.photo verified? I block unverified but my messages are all from folk with the green flag symbol

Green flag - photo verified

Green tick - meet verified

I find being verified means very little with regards to being reliable."

Im very reliable yet dont have a single veri.

over a year ago

I see looking at your other thread replies you love jumping to those conclusions. I'm sorry but this is exactly the childish response that at times pushes me to leave fab. If you try to grasp the point I'm making and perhaps read my answers in a contextual manner you'd realise I really don't 'need' veris like some do to enjoy the site.

If you look closely at veris you'll see a lot are linked and it becomes quite incestuous.

I use judgement and contact people who I find aesthetically attractive based on a picture or by something in their wording. I wouldn't dream of fucking someone because they seem 'safe or genuine"

As I've said verifications to me mean fuck all, if you read between the lines you will see patterns. These are a dead giveaway to an educated mind as you see stock answers given to varied meets, meaning it was just another trip to get their end away..to put it crudely "just another stick being slung down another tunnel"

"

This.

over a year ago

"

You are perfectly entitled to have your opinion , and to use the site as you see fit .

But personally I read this and thought it came across as somewhat sanctimonious , the rambling of someone who clearly seems to put himself way up there on a pedestal , aloof from us mere plebs .

Still , a useful filter no doubt , and I'm sure we will all find ways to enjoy the site in our own way - despite the differences we all have .

over a year ago

Verifications mean very little. Though yeah if someone doesn't have any verifications within a year I tend to give them a wide berth. Doesn't make it any safer someone having verifications or reliable from personal experience though!

over a year ago

"Verifications are ONLY useful for one thing, if a profile has been active for more than 3 months and has no verifications, it's either

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

Hold on I hear you say, what about us that can't get a verification? Mmm well if you haven't the will, the way or the means to go to a social, a club or any other gathering, then you are best avoided too....."

Mmm hold on you hear me say

..what about us that simply don't need nor want them. Why are so many people throwing the 'fake..dreamer...time waster" about.

I love how some users acquire verifications and use the forums a lot to try to represent the laws of fab.

You'd all make frightening judges. There'd be no innocent until proven guilty.

over a year ago

You are perfectly entitled to have your opinion , and to use the site as you see fit .

But personally I read this and thought it came across as somewhat sanctimonious , the rambling of someone who clearly seems to put himself way up there on a pedestal , aloof from us mere plebs .

Still , a useful filter no doubt , and I'm sure we will all find ways to enjoy the site in our own way - despite the differences we all have .

"

Everyone and anyone can put themselves on a pedestal. No one can make you a pleb with your consent.

over a year ago

"Verifications are ONLY useful for one thing, if a profile has been active for more than 3 months and has no verifications, it's either

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

Hold on I hear you say, what about us that can't get a verification? Mmm well if you haven't the will, the way or the means to go to a social, a club or any other gathering, then you are best avoided too.....

Mmm hold on you hear me say

..what about us that simply don't need nor want them. Why are so many people throwing the 'fake..dreamer...time waster" about.

I love how some users acquire verifications and use the forums a lot to try to represent the laws of fab.

You'd all make frightening judges. There'd be no innocent until proven guilty."

This I very much agree with. There's some scarily judgemental individuals and couples on here, that effectively shut out others and make fab a bit of an impenetrable closed shop.

By *pal2Man
over a year ago

cumbria

Everyone started without any verifications so if everyone ignored unverified where would that leave us, or at least any new members

over a year ago

We've been here 3 months so far and are admittedly taking our time.

Fairly new to the forums and trying to join in, (not an easy task in itself but will persist!!) but as yet we're still not sure if this is really for us.

We are planning to attend the Chic meeting on the 25th at VA (As long as the babysitting arrangements remain intact)

This will not only allow people to see we are real, but also give us more understanding as to whether we're happy to go further.

Until then, we remain unverified and untroubled.

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

"

over a year ago

"we have met unverified and fairly new as well - think those that have been on for over a year and unverified arent really up for meeting andso dont waste time with them -but we will message if we like the sound and look of them as people do have genuine reasons for not having a veri"

I like to read and see some verifications and I agree, if I see that someone has been a member for a long time without a single one, (or even one from the mists of time), I suspect that they are time-wasters and only on here to _iew cams and unlikely to meet. I have messaged guys that fall into the above category and have also been proved correct, lots of chat, messages back and forth but no meet has been had. But as has been pointed out, veris are only one person's opinion, so I don't read them to see if I am going to 'click' with them, just like to see that they get up off their rears and actually go and meet people.

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

Hold on I hear you say, what about us that can't get a verification? Mmm well if you haven't the will, the way or the means to go to a social, a club or any other gathering, then you are best avoided too....."

Not everyone sees the need for verifications which are both boring and meaningless .

Why does anyone need to know whom you have meet .

What about just using common sense and using the content of the profile ?.

over a year ago

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

I kinda agree with you since I've started doing socials I've had so many say oh I can't get to your social but will you veri me anyway. xxx

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

Or maybe those who have common sense and judgement which they are capable of using .

Why would any member need to know who others have been meeting ?.

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

"I like to read and see some verifications and I agree, if I see that someone has been a member for a long time without a single one, (or even one from the mists of time), I suspect that they are time-wasters and only on here to _iew cams and unlikely to meet. I have messaged guys that fall into the above category and have also been proved correct, lots of chat, messages back and forth but no meet has been had. But as has been pointed out, veris are only one person's opinion, so I don't read them to see if I am going to 'click' with them, just like to see that they get up off their rears and actually go and meet people. "

THIS.

It's not about people being "real", it's not about people being a good fuck, it's about whether after talking-the-talk, they walk-the-walk and actually venture from behind their keyboard.

We got our first veri here from a club, just after chatting to some people (didn't have to fuck them or anything!), asked them later if they wouldn't mind verifying us (they have since left the site, so our oldest veri is not actually that one, if you go nosing!). And we would do the same for others now.

There are too many Sofa-Swingers - people who talk a lot, but don't actually leave the sofa and experience it. (This also covers people whose most recent veri is over a year ago!)

By *aneSmith5TV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne area

Verifications are a useful guide,

On here for a year+ and no verification usual never intends to meet.

A few verifications (not cam), shows they are probably real and not the fakes on here.

Just my thoughts

over a year ago

"I like to read and see some verifications and I agree, if I see that someone has been a member for a long time without a single one, (or even one from the mists of time), I suspect that they are time-wasters and only on here to _iew cams and unlikely to meet. I have messaged guys that fall into the above category and have also been proved correct, lots of chat, messages back and forth but no meet has been had. But as has been pointed out, veris are only one person's opinion, so I don't read them to see if I am going to 'click' with them, just like to see that they get up off their rears and actually go and meet people.

THIS.

It's not about people being "real", it's not about people being a good fuck, it's about whether after talking-the-talk, they walk-the-walk and actually venture from behind their keyboard.

We got our first veri here from a club, just after chatting to some people (didn't have to fuck them or anything!), asked them later if they wouldn't mind verifying us (they have since left the site, so our oldest veri is not actually that one, if you go nosing!). And we would do the same for others now.

There are too many Sofa-Swingers - people who talk a lot, but don't actually leave the sofa and experience it. (This also covers people whose most recent veri is over a year ago!) "

Spot on

over a year ago

A fake

A dreamer

A time waster

Just avoid.....

Hold on I hear you say, what about us that can't get a verification? Mmm well if you haven't the will, the way or the means to go to a social, a club or any other gathering, then you are best avoided too..... Not everyone sees the need for verifications which are both boring and meaningless .

Why does anyone need to know whom you have meet .

What about just using common sense and using the content of the profile ?. "

All good points, our way of not wasting our own time is to avoid those that haven't been verified, simple!

There are enough people verified on here for us to chat too, without the niggling doubt we are wasting our time when talking to the non verified, common sense doesn't come into it when reading profiles after all this is the Internet, truth, untruth just perspectives.

No one needs to see who we have met, however if someone takes the trouble to write us a veri, the least we can do is display it. I suppose we could hide loads of veris but hell its a pain to do and why should we do that to gratify the "you've got too many veris" "I don't need veris" people?

How anyone perceives verifications or how they use there profile is there business, in no way we're we attempting to ram our ideals down anyone's throat, we were merely conveying our filtering system.....

over a year ago

Believe me hunny it's not through lack of trying we've advertised a few meets and all we get is pic collectors on the day and since our free time is rare and precious we'd much rather enjoy our time than spend it with our noses over a phone waiting for someone to meet us.

Then the next day someone messages to say wanna meet nw? even though it clearly states on our profile that we can't meet at the drop of a hat.

But don't forget u were all unverified at one point or the other and someone met and verified u.

However I suppose fr single women it's safer to meet with verified members.

pip X

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

A green tick denoting a verification is a binary process. It's either there or it isn't.

I do feel that the presence of this is advantageous when arranging to take things further, but is in no way as valuable as a quick chat on the phone first. There really is no better way to get a feeling of a person's personality/intentions than to actually speak to them.

The number of verifications is largely irrelevant to me, unless it's in the thousands. By which I mean, I'm unlikely to be bothered to read them all. Verifications to me should mean that the person is who they say they are and do what they say they will. It is not (in my opinion) beat used as a rating system. Leave that for SwingAdvisor...

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

I have had two verifications and still put no stock in them. It's nothing to do with not being able to get them I just don't see the need. It's like deciding on which film to see by critical accreditation. Just because the critics like a film does not mean I will like it. I know some people who love a Korma yet personally I can't stand it.

Post new Message to Thread