FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

It's the Forum Police!..Its the Forum Police!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's getting almost impossible to post anything on these pages without the forum police jumping all over it, waiting to pounce on anybody that doesn't adhere to their own politically correct rules or dares to use incorrect grammar, or God forbid, misspell a word!......

Nothing positive to add to a post?....then jog on and leave the op alone.

(Posted this on a thread but thought it warranted one of its own)

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bee baa bee baa!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

its the irony police, the irony police...

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

and breathe...

Reply privately

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

"

It's getting almost impossible to post anything on these pages without the forum police jumping all over it, waiting to pounce on anybody that doesn't adhere to their own politically correct rules or dares to use incorrect grammar, or God forbid, misspell a word!......

(Posted this on a thread but thought it warranted one of its own)"

Welcome to the forum police - you clearly have the right attitude to be a member: telling people what they can and cannot say on their forum posts.

Reply privately

By *ubbykittenWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Any minute now..... they should arrive!!! I can hear their siren........

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You say politically correct, I say respecting others.

If someone says something -ist on here then I'm going to call them on it. You post on a forum, you're going to have to put up with people not agreeing with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

nobody jumps on me much...suppose it depends what you're talking about?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"its the irony police, the irony police... "

Whoop whoop.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I think threads are for debating. I don't think they would be the same if everyone agreed. As far as being 'politically correct' people use it as an insult to bandy about to anyone who disagrees with them ... how comes that is allowed? How boring it would be on here if they were all sycophantic threads. I have to say that the 'politically correct' amongst us have learned not to be rude or derogatory, but there are some venomous and snide, rude people about who can't disagree in a nice way and get far too touchy when someone posts a different view or perspective or asks a question. Just my personal opinion after being on the forums a good while. Feel free to click on the green arrow ...

Reply privately

By *ubbykittenWoman
over a year ago

Kent

And right on time too!!!! Hilarious! !!

Reply privately

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple
over a year ago

Andover

Couldn't agree more.

Many a decent, topical and interesting post ruined with snide and pointless comments completely unrelated to the original thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bee baa bee baa! "

Sorry.....you mean nee naw nee naw.....that's you told!

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Bee baa bee baa! "

It's not just on here though it's the same on Facebook, sad wannabes IMO

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Welcome to the forum police - you clearly have the right attitude to be a member: telling people what they can and cannot say on their forum posts."

Lol! The irony made me chuckle. Well done OP classic piece of satire

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I have nothing to add to this negative thread.

You are hereby arrested.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"You say politically correct, I say respecting others.

If someone says something -ist on here then I'm going to call them on it. You post on a forum, you're going to have to put up with people not agreeing with you."

Someone always says it better than me, and in fewer words!

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"And right on time too!!!! Hilarious! !! "

Priceless

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh the irony

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Snideness (if its a word) .... is that allowed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bee baa bee baa!

Sorry.....you mean nee naw nee naw.....that's you told!"

Obviously not a Minion fan

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Snideness (if its a word) .... is that allowed?"

Yep. I can judge as hard as them though. Judgy judge judge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think many people who post here at times totally lack self awareness (and yues I include my self in that), it's so easy to slae posters for behavioral traits that we are also guilty of displaying

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"Oh the irony "

The funny thing is, people just see who is who and what they are here for.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I think many people who post here at times totally lack self awareness (and yues I include my self in that), it's so easy to slae posters for behavioral traits that we are also guilty of displaying"

I agree. I've even caught myself reversing my position on certain things (oh, the humanity!!), but if I have a problem with a post, its with the post. I don't go and insult the poster.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone says something -ist on here then I'm going to call them on it. You post on a forum, you're going to have to put up with people not agreeing with you."

This. There is no rule about questioning posts and there is no rule that we all have to agree.

As long as posts are within the rules I don't see the issue. And other than the mods no one has the right to tell other posters to 'jog on'

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone says something -ist on here then I'm going to call them on it. You post on a forum, you're going to have to put up with people not agreeing with you.

This. There is no rule about questioning posts and there is no rule that we all have to agree.

As long as posts are within the rules I don't see the issue. And other than the mods no one has the right to tell other posters to 'jog on'"

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about pulling people up for spelling and grammar and not having the same PC attitude as someone else.

Reply privately

By *ubbykittenWoman
over a year ago

Kent

As long as posts are within the rules I don't see the issue. And other than the mods no one has the right to tell other posters to 'jog on'"

Oh rules rules rules!!!!!!!! Thank fuck real life is more interesting! !

Reply privately

By *epper123Woman
over a year ago

London

I think you find people who are questioned or asked to clarify all to often turn on the person asking them, accuse them of being politically correct .... if they have a different opinion to theirs. Then it turns to personal insults .... and its obvious which section do this. Often the politically incorrect revert to name calling .... and personal attacks. Whereas for the 'politically correct' its about the issue, not the person. God I hate labels ....

Reply privately

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

"

I agree you definitely have a point OP but the same people will jump all over this thread so you won't achieve anything with this unfortunately

Reply privately

over a year ago

As long as posts are within the rules I don't see the issue. And other than the mods no one has the right to tell other posters to 'jog on'

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about pulling people up for spelling and grammar and not having the same PC attitude as someone else."

I quite agree about comments about spelling and grammar.

Can you tell me what you mean about PC attitude though? If I see something racist, or sexist, or homophobic or misogynist I have to 'jog on' - is that what you are telling me?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about pulling people up for spelling and grammar and not having the same PC attitude as someone else."

I'm sorry, you mean I have to agree with a point of view I find offensive? That ain't going to happen I'm afraid. I'm not here to validate archaic sentiments.

Reply privately

By *epper123Woman
over a year ago

London

"

I agree you definitely have a point OP but the same people will jump all over this thread so you won't achieve anything with this unfortunately "

The same people are having a debate ... the OP said, if you don't have anything thing to add ..... but then again, why not try to air your opinion?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Oh rules rules rules!!!!!!!! Thank fuck real life is more interesting! ! "

And full of rules, unfortunately.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No need to pull people up over grammar and spelling I agree there but if someone disagrees with your attitude I feel they should be able to say so without being called forum police.

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"

just tell them the phuq orf and ignore them

Reply privately

By *epper123Woman
over a year ago

London

OP, can you tell me what are the accepted norms I have to agree with please? Just so I tow the line?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

just ignore them "

Fixed that for you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh rules rules rules!!!!!!!! Thank fuck real life is more interesting! ! "

The point I am making is that the OP doesn't want posts that he disagrees just because he doesn't like them not because there is anything wrong with them

Reply privately

over a year ago

ffs...it isn't hard.....I'm not saying that if you disagree with someone just don't comment, I'm pointing out that it's petty to pull someone up for bad spelling or grammar and wrong to call someone a racist because they happen to mention the colour of a persons skin in a comment.

I'm all for free debate but when the initial point of a thread is lost because of any of the above it really is tedious

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"ffs...it isn't hard.....I'm not saying that if you disagree with someone just don't comment, I'm pointing out that it's petty to pull someone up for bad spelling or grammar and wrong to call someone a racist because they happen to mention the colour of a persons skin in a comment.

I'm all for free debate but when the initial point of a thread is lost because of any of the above it really is tedious"

your initial post wasn't crystal clear on that...people are just discussing.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Threads take on a life of their own. If a person makes what you see as a random comment, on their own agenda, ignore it and carry on. The problem is it becomes personal if someone is questioned ... it doesn't need to be, and only is if people are too touchy or defensive in my opinion. Whilst people berate those who they call the politically correct, why then lower themselves to justify themselves by responding to their comments? I think, maybe some of the OC comments hit a nerve. That is why the retorts back are so personal. I have experienced these and been called all sorts of things and accused of all sorts of things .... because I have asked the poster to clarify their views. My fault for being interested and, I'll admit it, intrigued, that people can have such views. I don't diss them though, or throw out personal or snide insults. I like the debate. Trust me, I don't debate everything I could on here because I have limited time on here .... long live discussion and the opportunity to refine one's thinking through discussion, rather than insult. But then we may be in the minority here as we aren't looking for a puck and want to get to know people (I doubt it though)

Reply privately

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

"ffs...it isn't hard.....I'm not saying that if you disagree with someone just don't comment, I'm pointing out that it's petty to pull someone up for bad spelling or grammar and wrong to call someone a racist because they happen to mention the colour of a persons skin in a comment.

I'm all for free debate but when the initial point of a thread is lost because of any of the above it really is tedious"

it's because you dare use the words "politically correct"and "jog on" people can't get past that and see your making a valid point about people being petty over spelling and grammar

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Spelling mistakes and typos, I dont have an issue with, as my tablet loves predictive text tricks

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm all for free debate but when the initial point of a thread is lost because of any of the above it really is tedious

your initial post wasn't crystal clear on that...people are just discussing."

I apologise for not making myself clear, hope it is crystal now though?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I apologise for not making myself clear, hope it is crystal now though?"

yep!

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

it's because you dare use the words "politically correct"and "jog on" people can't get past that and see your making a valid point about people being petty over spelling and grammar "

They are two different things though .... spelling and discussion

Reply privately

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

I apologise for not making myself clear, hope it is crystal now though?"

i got it first time round

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

it's because you dare use the words "politically correct"and "jog on" people can't get past that and see your making a valid point about people being petty over spelling and grammar "

I'm pretty sure the original post the OP is referring to had nothing at all to do with grammar and spelling and everything to do with people objecting to the use of an unnecessary word.

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Is this thread parked on the correct notice board

Reply privately

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

it's because you dare use the words "politically correct"and "jog on" people can't get past that and see your making a valid point about people being petty over spelling and grammar

I'm pretty sure the original post the OP is referring to had nothing at all to do with grammar and spelling and everything to do with people objecting to the use of an unnecessary word."

I disagree:

"Dares to use incorrect grammar , or God forbid, misspell a word!......"

From the opening post

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I dont think the same people who are being labelled as 'pc' are those who complain about spelling and grammar. These are tow very distinct camps ....and these are two very different issues, surely?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I'm pretty sure the original post the OP is referring to had nothing at all to do with grammar and spelling and everything to do with people objecting to the use of an unnecessary word.

I disagree:

From the opening post "

If you're going to quote it, quote it all:

"waiting to pounce on anybody that doesn't adhere to their own politically correct rules or dares to use incorrect grammar, or God forbid, misspell a word!......"

And the OP refers to posting it in a another thread, which ended up being about an unnecessary word, nothing to do with spelling or grammar.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Call the Police? lol ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well

I would never make a comment about someones spelling or grammar (unless it's an obvious autocarrots that makes me laugh).

If someone posts something that I think is objectionable about another member; I will call them out.... because its playground and we are supposed to be adults.

If I have a differing view of something from the thread starter; I may comment; if they have invited "opinions", but too often in here if you don't have the same opinion as the crowd you get called a "white knight", or "too PC" or even...... wait for.... part of the forum police.....

...which leads me to one conclusion, either follow the crowd or get slated and called names.....

I don't follow crowds; I have my own mind (please may I have a sheep emoji?)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually if you use the green arrow you;ll see the thread that the OP originally posted that comment on and it is nothing to do with spelling and grammar

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like tunnocks teacakes

Reply privately

By *elle2016Woman
over a year ago

"Well

I would never make a comment about someones spelling or grammar (unless it's an obvious autocarrots that makes me laugh).

If someone posts something that I think is objectionable about another member; I will call them out.... because its playground and we are supposed to be adults.

If I have a differing view of something from the thread starter; I may comment; if they have invited "opinions", but too often in here if you don't have the same opinion as the crowd you get called a "white knight", or "too PC" or even...... wait for.... part of the forum police.....

...which leads me to one conclusion, either follow the crowd or get slated and called names.....

I don't follow crowds; I have my own mind (please may I have a sheep emoji?)"

Well said

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"Well

I don't follow crowds; I have my own mind (please may I have a sheep emoji?)"

At least its only that, and not getting personal insults or abuse .... I think it soon becomes pretty obvious who is who when that starts to happen and that is sad because it makes people think twice about giving their own opinion unless they are a) thick skinned or b)like the sound of their own voice. I am not saying which of these I am

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"I like tunnocks teacakes "

I would like to know more about this and why you said it. Can you answer please? Or are you threatened by my question exposing you for what you are?

Reply privately

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

I disagree:

From the opening post

"waiting to pounce on anybody that doesn't adhere to their own politically correct rules or dares to use incorrect grammar, or God forbid, misspell a word!......"

And the OP refers to posting it in a another thread, which ended up being about an unnecessary word, nothing to do with spelling or grammar."

and as the Op said this warranted a thread of it's own doesn't matter it was inspired by the previous thread

i didn't feel the need to quote it all just the part that was being ignored as people were only addressing one of the issues that was brought up by op

Reply privately

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

do i agree..maybe..do i read anything over ten words mospelt or not no..so op like it or lump it sorry but thars the way of the dourms ..connie x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well

At least its only that, and not getting personal insults or abuse .... I think it soon becomes pretty obvious who is who when that starts to happen and that is sad because it makes people think twice about giving their own opinion unless they are a) thick skinned or b)like the sound of their own voice. I am not saying which of these I am "

To be fair I am probably both...

However; if I make a mistake, I will publically apologise; I try not to resort to personal attacks (although I did once post "fuck off" as someone once again insinuated I was a racist; oh if only they knew me and my family, it's quite funny really, it just got my goat )

But some people on the forums, seem to almost "stalk" other people and will post a contrary opinion and attempt to draw and argument on the smallest of things, due to a perceived slight in the past....

Sometimes the negativity in the forums is wicked... it really is; different groups being attacked for their sex, size, colour, politics, religion and yes, whether they are dyslexic and can spell or construct a sentence etc.. I guess we could all stay out of those threads, let the ones that delight in antagonizing or insulting others carry on, but then this turns into a big playground where the bullies just run roughshod over everyone.

I like the forums, I have met some fantastic people from the forums; and yes, sometimes I can be a bit up my own arse, because thats actually the way I am, sorry. I am not a kid-gloves person and I say it how it is.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

"Well

At least its only that, and not getting personal insults or abuse .... I think it soon becomes pretty obvious who is who when that starts to happen and that is sad because it makes people think twice about giving their own opinion unless they are a) thick skinned or b)like the sound of their own voice. I am not saying which of these I am

To be fair I am probably both...

However; if I make a mistake, I will publically apologise; I try not to resort to personal attacks (although I did once post "fuck off" as someone once again insinuated I was a racist; oh if only they knew me and my family, it's quite funny really, it just got my goat )

But some people on the forums, seem to almost "stalk" other people and will post a contrary opinion and attempt to draw and argument on the smallest of things, due to a perceived slight in the past....

Sometimes the negativity in the forums is wicked... it really is; different groups being attacked for their sex, size, colour, politics, religion and yes, whether they are dyslexic and can spell or construct a sentence etc.. I guess we could all stay out of those threads, let the ones that delight in antagonizing or insulting others carry on, but then this turns into a big playground where the bullies just run roughshod over everyone.

I like the forums, I have met some fantastic people from the forums; and yes, sometimes I can be a bit up my own arse, because thats actually the way I am, sorry. I am not a kid-gloves person and I say it how it is."

Now I have had two people pretty much admit they are virtually forum-stalking me .... not sure how I feel about that. Personal insults are not on, however ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I disagree:

From the opening post

And the OP refers to posting it in a another thread, which ended up being about an unnecessary word, nothing to do with spelling or grammar."

Someone did pull the OP about the incorrect use of a word, except/accept if I remember correctly.

Back to your comment that it became all about an 'Unnecessary' word, the OP was merely describing the person who harassed them, using your train of thought why was it necessary to point out that it was a man?.....does this make the OP sexist as well as racist?

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I disagree:

From the opening post

And the OP refers to posting it in a another thread, which ended up being about an unnecessary word, nothing to do with spelling or grammar.

Someone did pull the OP about the incorrect use of a word, except/accept if I remember correctly.

Back to your comment that it became all about an 'Unnecessary' word, the OP was merely describing the person who harassed them, using your train of thought why was it necessary to point out that it was a man?.....does this make the OP sexist as well as racist?"

I think the thread was closed by the moderator. I don't think talking about it here is a good idea, because it is like re-opening it. I don't think any further discussion will shed any light as people will become more entrenched in their own views. More to the point, insults will begin to fly, again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I disagree:

From the opening post

Back to your comment that it became all about an 'Unnecessary' word, the OP was merely describing the person who harassed them, using your train of thought why was it necessary to point out that it was a man?.....does this make the OP sexist as well as racist?"

Not that I saw the post in question, confusing accept and except is not poor grammar or spelling. They are 2 different words with 2 very different meaning. Obviously depending on context it may have been clear what was meant anyway

Reply privately

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"I think threads are for debating. I don't think they would be the same if everyone agreed. As far as being 'politically correct' people use it as an insult to bandy about to anyone who disagrees with them ... how comes that is allowed? How boring it would be on here if they were all sycophantic threads. I have to say that the 'politically correct' amongst us have learned not to be rude or derogatory, but there are some venomous and snide, rude people about who can't disagree in a nice way and get far too touchy when someone posts a different view or perspective or asks a question. Just my personal opinion after being on the forums a good while. Feel free to click on the green arrow ..."

I'll click on this instead

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like tunnocks teacakes

I would like to know more about this and why you said it. Can you answer please? Or are you threatened by my question exposing you for what you are?"

Ha ha ha ha wait?....what? This is the cook report?

Its a random input that in no way creates drama or insult thus distracts from the negative this thread will no doubt create.

Also if you are offended by the mention of a tunnocks teacake there is something really really really wrong in a persons life.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I would like to know more about this and why you said it. Can you answer please? Or are you threatened by my question exposing you for what you are?

Its a random input that in no way creates drama or insult thus distracts from the negative this thread will no doubt create.

Also if you are offended by the mention of a tunnocks teacake there is something really really really wrong in a persons life."

I am just plain nosey and want to know what they are .... that is basically why I ask questions on threads, just being nosey. What are they??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also if you are offended by the mention of a tunnocks teacake there is something really really really wrong in a persons life.

I am just plain nosey and want to know what they are .... that is basically why I ask questions on threads, just being nosey. What are they??"

I need to eat all six in the box...one tunnocks teacake is never enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a random input that in no way

creates drama or insult thus distracts

from the negative this thread will no doubt create.

I am just plain nosey and want to know what they are .... that is basically why I ask questions on threads, just being nosey. What are they??

I need to eat all six in the box...one tunnocks teacake is never enough "

They are biscuit and marshmellow covered in chocolate domes....and are delicious.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bee baa bee baa!

It's not just on here though it's the same on Facebook, sad wannabes IMO "

Get outta that water n say that ....... I dare ya.

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I need to eat all six in the box...one tunnocks teacake is never enough "

Thanks for the heads up, I have found them now .... I do know what they are. But I have to take the chocolate off ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for the heads up, I have found them now .... I do know what they are. But I have to take the chocolate off ...."

Licked or nibble?

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Goodness me, I have just realised we have taken the op's thread totally off track and down the dirt road of teacakes ....

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Thanks for the heads up, I have found them now .... I do know what they are. But I have to take the chocolate off ....

Licked or nibble? "

Neither ... donated to charity

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Reply privately

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Ops (not necessarily this one) and others who agree with them take it upon themselves to throw personal insults at those who don't agree, their justification is ... well, those who disagree are part of the pc brigade, so they can be insulted. Not sure where that attitude comes from, but it stinks ...

Reply privately