Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Men not reading ads

Jump to newest

By *EVONCOUPLE1 OP   Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

Is it rude to delete messages and block guys who do not read very specific profile requests?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd say it's reasonable in majority of the cases. But sometimes there's a lot to read through and can feel like you're reading through a terms and conditions page.

Let's be honest, no one ever reads those.

I try and read all profiles before sending a message but there have been times where i've missed something and get called out for it.

Solution: make profiles more fun to read? Dunno, just throwing an idea out there.

Maybe i'm wrong.

What do you reckon?

over a year ago

plymouth

When it says at the beginning face and cock pic required and often you get neither?

over a year ago

Ha. Ok, fair enough point.

over a year ago

No not rude at all their the rude ones for just looking at your pics and not reading the profile

over a year ago

Lol well I have locally based only as the first statement on my profile and would say 90% of messages are from people who are not locally based ....

over a year ago

plymouth

Precisely they then give the impression of desperation

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Is it rude to delete messages and block guys who do not read very specific profile requests?"

No, just do it.

By *piritsonfabCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I always think it's strange to ask for a face pic on the profile when there isn't one on your own profile.

When I first joined fab I thought that was rude and hypocritical and it almost out me off altogether. But I realises those profiles were mainly women and we're not looking for women so it doesn't affect us.

Still a bit strange though..... Shrug.

over a year ago

I love the messages where its totally obvious they havent read your profile but proceed to say hey love your profile you sound cool would you want to meet, and i usually ask what part did you like? The part that says im not meeting?? Haha

over a year ago

"I always think it's strange to ask for a face pic on the profile when there isn't one on your own profile.

When I first joined fab I thought that was rude and hypocritical and it almost out me off altogether. But I realises those profiles were mainly women and we're not looking for women so it doesn't affect us.

Still a bit strange though..... Shrug."

I know what you mean. There are plenty of hyppos on here.

over a year ago

"Is it rude to delete messages and block guys who do not read very specific profile requests?

No, just do it. "

Just because someone says you are rude doesn't mean you are rude.remember,some people are very stupid.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/16 08:26:51]

over a year ago

plymouth

No prob there we would rather that than the rubbish we get now. Some guys reply with no pics at all on prof. This isn't match.com

over a year ago

"

I read the first paragraph of yours for the purposes of replying to your thread and stopped there, I knew if I came across your profile I'd pass right by.

Not a dig at you, it's hopefully friendly and useful advice "

I think that's what the op is saying,too many don't pass right by,they go ahead and message anyway,against what the op is looking for.

over a year ago

plymouth

The other point is we are specific in what we are looking for in single guys. Why reply if not genuine???

over a year ago

I changed my profile from being ranty with big long lists of no no's on it ...

Now it's just a bit of fun but if people don't enter into the spirit of it when replying I know 2 things

1 they haven't read it properly

2 they have no sense of fun/humour

And if no face pic attached they get blocked... Simples

over a year ago

plymouth

Also "rants " are usually there because gentle hints don't work with single guys

over a year ago

I try to reply and thank them but suggest they have a quick read of the profile. Usually they either disappear (fine and dandy), apologise for not reading in the first place (heart warming moment) or say "yeah I read it, but you really should" (mildly irksome). However yesterday I did precisely that and got a barrage of very rude and sweary abuse (knobber!!!!).

over a year ago

I reply with a no thank you or sorry,not what I'm looking for. Then ignore any subsequent messages.

over a year ago

plymouth

Have tried that but still waste of time

over a year ago

plymouth

"I reply with a no thank you or sorry,not what I'm looking for. Then ignore any subsequent messages."

Often they want to know why in our experience

By *ssexcokMan
over a year ago

southend

"I reply with a no thank you or sorry,not what I'm looking for. Then ignore any subsequent messages.

Often they want to know why in our experience"

Most just say your to small or just block to me it dont matter if iv read it or not

over a year ago

It's much easier to block everyone and go looking yourself.

I reply to all first messages because I think it's rude not to.

over a year ago

Always feels like blocking is that person having a hissy fit

I always read profiles ect

Wouldn't dream of wasting anyone's time if I didn't meet the 'terms and conditions'

Wonder how long it takes to type 'no thanks'

over a year ago

"When it says at the beginning face and cock pic required and often you get neither?"

Very often this is something I always forget, despite having read it on the profile. Usually because I concentrate on the message, press send then remember I should have sent photos!

I rarely send photos with a message anyway. I think if someone reads what I have to say they may be interested enough to look at my profile and photos on it.

However I do understand that if it's a request to send them with a first message and I don't then it will be deleted.

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Even have it in braile and its still not read

over a year ago

If people don't read your profile; and its obvious, its highly unlikely you would want to meet them, so move on. Block or whatever.... its just another filter...

Or....block ALL single men from messaging you and do the searching for yourself, that way; no crap messages....

Choice; this websites gives choice, to the single guys as well as you; if they choose not to read your profile, then they must accept the consequences; if you choose not to block all single men and do the searching yourself; you must also accept the consequences....

QED

over a year ago

"Always feels like blocking is that person having a hissy fit

Wouldn't dream of wasting anyone's time if I didn't meet the 'terms and conditions'

Wonder how long it takes to type 'no thanks' "

Well I did this no thanks this morning and the reply I got back was wasn't really interested in a fat slag anyway amongst other things and this is precisely why I've stopped replying to most of the e mails that don't interest me why should I reply to someone that can't/won't read profiles why should I have to get replies like that, it's not a case of oh how long does it take to type no thanks it's a case why should I bother they clearly haven't !!

over a year ago

Well I did this no thanks this morning and the reply I got back was wasn't really interested in a fat slag anyway amongst other things and this is precisely why I've stopped replying to most of the e mails that don't interest me why should I reply to someone that can't/won't read profiles why should I have to get replies like that, it's not a case of oh how long does it take to type no thanks it's a case why should I bother they clearly haven't !!"

As we all know there are many assholes about who will lash out

First line of defence being attack

I got a 'no thanks' the other day

I actually thanked her for it

She had a go at me

We can't can't win

over a year ago

Well I did this no thanks this morning and the reply I got back was wasn't really interested in a fat slag anyway amongst other things and this is precisely why I've stopped replying to most of the e mails that don't interest me why should I reply to someone that can't/won't read profiles why should I have to get replies like that, it's not a case of oh how long does it take to type no thanks it's a case why should I bother they clearly haven't !!"

At the end of the day you're here for your reasons and if someone messages you that you aren'tiintetested in you don't owe them a thing. Nothing. Nada. Nish. Use the site in a way that suits you

By *oyuer99Man
over a year ago

PRESTON

I FEEL THE ALTERNATIVE APPROACH OF TEACHING COCKS TO READ MAY PAY HUGE DIVIDENDS.

over a year ago

"Is it rude to delete messages and block guys who do not read very specific profile requests?"

Absolutely not. Same for women though. We've had a few married and playing away contact us even though we specifically say on the profile we won't.

F

over a year ago

I always read the profile and try to be respectful.

But will admit I have messaged people on a couple of occassions just to complement them, but making it clear I know I'm not what they're looking for and don't expect a reply.

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"I got a 'no thanks' the other day

I actually thanked her for it

She had a go at me

We can't can't win"

Please don't send a 'thanks for the no-thanks' message. Where women/couples are taking the trouble to reply to all messages (I don't, anymore!), they are most likely trying to clear their inboxes, so that they can concentrate on the messages from the people they ARE interested in. So the last thing they want is a 'thanks for the no-thanks' message. You're just cluttering up their inboxes. And this is another reason why an 'appear offline' option would be good - sometimes it's impossible for women/couples to concentrate on the messages from people they DO want to meet, because they are getting constant new messages.

This said, she shouldn't have had a go at you - that was rude of her.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Its not just single guys to be fair. We've had 3 friend requests in the last hour from people we havent even chatted too.

over a year ago

"I FEEL THE ALTERNATIVE APPROACH OF TEACHING COCKS TO READ MAY PAY HUGE DIVIDENDS."

over a year ago

It is not rude to delete and block guys, it's your swinging experience so do what you like.

It is also the perogative of the people messaging to not comply with your demands either. Yes it will no doubt get them blocked but so be it.

over a year ago

Its not just guys who dont read a whole profile, its community wide. Ive often blocked a profile, just because its clearly obvious they haven't read mine (and mine isnt an epic of a read). Its a handy tool to ensure you dont get repeat silly messages.

over a year ago

Is it rude to block couples who don't read specific profile requests??

Yet again the single guys are getting it in the neck, poor fuckers

over a year ago

"Is it rude to block couples who don't read specific profile requests??

Yet again the single guys are getting it in the neck, poor fuckers "

Absolutely not. Block away.

Today we've had three messages from married guys (I will also say a friend request for a married girl yesterday), which our profile is very clear on and a fair few from folks seeing us as 'near me', again, even put it in the status for the avoidance of any doubt, still they come.

We try to reply to everyone out of politeness but sometimes you can't hammer a point home to some folk and you just have to block.

F

By *ice guy 44Man
over a year ago

wrexham

I read all profiles and you get sane answer block or delet so nopoint read them

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

"I changed my profile from being ranty with big long lists of no no's on it ...

Now it's just a bit of fun but if people don't enter into the spirit of it when replying I know 2 things

And if no face pic attached they get blocked... Simples "

Your prof is awesome squirrel!

over a year ago

It may well be construed as some form of discrimination if they are dyslexic.

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

No not at all I do this all the time. Some messages I don't even read I just delete because that first part you see sometimes shows they clearly haven't read my profile. Simple how are you messages get instant delete too. It's a tough world and if a guy can't make an effort then he doesn't deserve my time

over a year ago

Today i have deleted and blocked 3 single males who all wanted to meet today, 2 of which made a point of saying they loved our profile.

If they loved it that much I am sure they would have noticed that we are only able to meet daytimes during the week.

We wont judge all single males on the actions of the few but it does seem that just lately a lot more are not bothering to read our profile but that suits us just fine as if they don't have the attention span to read out profile, do we really want to spend time in the bedroom with them.

over a year ago

"I changed my profile from being ranty with big long lists of no no's on it ...

And if no face pic attached they get blocked... Simples

Your prof is awesome squirrel!"

Thankyou kindly

Post new Message to Thread