Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Being mucked about on here...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone experienced this with guys who seem be happy to muck people about....ie..make plans to meet and mysteriously vanish off the face of the earth??!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not guys but plenty of women

over a year ago

"Anyone experienced this with guys who seem be happy to muck people about....ie..make plans to meet and mysteriously vanish off the face of the earth??!

"

Yep both verified and non ... A fair few just vanish in a puff of smoke

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/05/16 18:21:03]

over a year ago

Profiles of both sex are guilty of this

over a year ago

"Anyone experienced this with guys who seem be happy to muck people about....ie..make plans to meet and mysteriously vanish off the face of the earth??!

Yep both verified and non ... A fair few just vanish in a puff of smoke "

You're meeting the wrong guys, I would never do that to you

over a year ago

You're meeting the wrong guys, I would never do that to you "

I probably hold the fab record for stand ups in the amount of time I've been on here haha.

By *ertsguy2000Man
over a year ago

hertford

"

Yup, I can only say that 'ladies' suddenly disappear when things get close to that first social meet!!? Maybe I'm a cynic but I suspect alot of 'school' boys skipping their homework and wanking themselves through their floor boards over leading some poor sod well and truly up the garden path!!

over a year ago

It's happening too frequently. Guys chatting and arranging meets then disappear off face of the earth day before. Really beginning to piss us off!

over a year ago

I probably hold the fab record for stand ups in the amount of time I've been on here haha. "

Well, my cancelled meet percentage is 100. So you can't be doing worse than me .

over a year ago

I probably hold the fab record for stand ups in the amount of time I've been on here haha.

Well, my cancelled meet percentage is 100. So you can't be doing worse than me ."

True ... at least I have a verification for what's it's worth lol

over a year ago

Well, my cancelled meet percentage is 100. So you can't be doing worse than me .

True ... at least I have a verification for what's it's worth lol "

Hey, I'm already on the ground. No need to kick me any further, with the verifications

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman
over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

"Profiles of both sex are guilty of this"

over a year ago

Yep!

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I've heard a lot about these so-called 'timewasters', but I've never even come close to meeting one. Then again, I have a very well-developed selection process, and I also use the tools the site gives me, when thinking about who to meet.

If anyone finds that someone has arranged a meet and then fails to turn up (without prior warning) then report the profiles, and let the site admins take a look at it.

over a year ago

Yes lots of women !

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Every woman lve contacted to meet bar one has met me .. The only one to not turn up had had her mobile and laptop stolen so was occupied with sorting out the police and obviously not in the right situation to meet with me

over a year ago

"

Yes I've had afew just like that recently

over a year ago

"

Happens on dating sites too from women ive spoken too...im sure men on them a just as guilty lol

You just lose momentum in giving any effort in finding anyone.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My experience is actually not with guys who have stood me up but with two guys who have met me previously and been keen to meet again and arranged a place and date then decided not to phone and finalise the arrangement, also with guys who chat a lot with and then for some reason don't ever get back!

over a year ago

Cannot say that we have, but there have been a few single females and countless couples who are guilty ..

over a year ago

"

everyone is messing around!! What's the point I really don't know! Try being a single guy on a dating site that will fry your brain

over a year ago

"Yes lots of women !"
the ones who chat forever but never meet

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Yes occasionally

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Wat pisses me off is single guys who pretend to be cpls or females.so thats why always wana either speak on fone or cam once we been speaking for a bit if it sounds like its leading to sa meet

over a year ago

After a year and a half using Fab we've had 6 successful 1st meets, and 3 cancelled 1st meets. Of the 3 cancelled, 1 had the courtesy to text me in advance that his circumstances had changed, 1 'disapeared' in the week prior to the meet and ignored our messages, and 1 turned into a jerk and the meet didn't go ahead. We absolutely insist on decent verifications and won't agree to meet without really getting to know someone via text. The 2 guys that dicked us around were the only times we let our guard down in our vetting procedure. Not a mistake we'll make again.

over a year ago

Unfortunately fab is full of fakers and time-wasting. People on here who endlessly chat about what they going to do with u etc....arrange to meet...even just club meets ..you get there. They nowhere to be seen. This applies to both males and females.

over a year ago

It happens, I've had a few meets pull out last minute, not a lot you can do about it

What really annoys me are the guys who ask you when your free then start asking you to meet every other day bar the ones you have said your free

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/05/16 20:53:13]

over a year ago

Yes definitely lots of women do it for no reason

over a year ago

Most will do it due to getting a better offer. Thats a fact of life

over a year ago

"Yes lots of women !

the ones who chat forever but never meet "

Well I can safely say I'm not one of those, most are lucky to get three messages out of me

over a year ago

You could say once or twice lol never to be seen or heard of since UNLOS lol

over a year ago

"Most will do it due to getting a better offer. Thats a fact of life "

I've had that the funny thing is the guy actually told me he had cancelled because he was meeting somebody else now 10 out of 10 for honestly anyway

over a year ago

"Most will do it due to getting a better offer. Thats a fact of life

I've had that the funny thing is the guy actually told me he had cancelled because he was meeting somebody else now 10 out of 10 for honestly anyway "

What a shame if he got let down

over a year ago

"Not guys but plenty of women "

Pfffft how would you know

over a year ago

"Most will do it due to getting a better offer. Thats a fact of life

I've had that the funny thing is the guy actually told me he had cancelled because he was meeting somebody else now 10 out of 10 for honestly anyway

What a shame if he got let down "

He did he mailed me about two hours later asking if I still wanted to meet apparently she was a time waster

Irony

over a year ago

oh it happens all the time and will not change I don't think

By *requent_FerryersCouple
over a year ago

Norwich to Great Yarmouth

"I've heard a lot about these so-called 'timewasters', but I've never even come close to meeting one. Then again, I have a very well-developed selection process, and I also use the tools the site gives me, when thinking about who to meet.

If anyone finds that someone has arranged a meet and then fails to turn up (without prior warning) then report the profiles, and let the site admins take a look at it."

It has happened to us on more than a few times! Okay, we are getting better at spotting the fakers and the so-named timewasters, but it still wrankles!

Yes we have reported deliberate no-shows and we know other couples who have suffered att he hands of the same "profile"... They reported them too, but the profile is still there on the site...

over a year ago

"

Aliens xxx

over a year ago

Aliens xxx"

Aliens took our bog roll?

Sorry couldn't resist

over a year ago

Lots of women do it too lol

over a year ago

"Lots of women do it too lol"

I should image lots of every group does it, when I used to meet couples I had a few let me down and a no show from a couple

It's not just guys

over a year ago

Both sexes to be fair mess me around. Verid and non verid too. Though I'm not so sure any of the women I'd arranged to meet were actually women... 100% fail rate there.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Yup, I can only say that 'ladies' suddenly disappear when things get close to that first social meet!!? Maybe I'm a cynic but I suspect alot of 'school' boys skipping their homework and wanking themselves through their floor boards over leading some poor sod well and truly up the garden path!!"

If you're arranging meets, even social ones, without talking on the phone first then you deserve to get led up the garden path by school boys.

Speaking on the phone won't stop people cancelling, but it'll certainly stop you getting taken in by someone who isn't the gender they purport to be.

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/05/16 21:14:20]

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

Mucking about, taking the pish, setting other up for obvious timewasting seems a bigger appeal for some than maybe being their real selves and having some sexy fun.

I can only assume someones beyond help if they prefer messing about, faking it rather than real fun

over a year ago

Fakes everywhere these days! Name and shame

over a year ago

"My experience is actually not with guys who have stood me up but with two guys who have met me previously and been keen to meet again and arranged a place and date then decided not to phone and finalise the arrangement, also with guys who chat a lot with and then for some reason don't ever get back!"

Exactly this for me too!! Thought I was the only one!! Was beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with me.

over a year ago

I actually got to someone's door. After i knocked i could hear them on the phone. Opened door and they were saying "oh so you're coming over now". I just turned and walked away.

I don't think they had any intention to play but I do wonder if it because they thought I wasn't an adonis.

By *rinceCorwinMan
over a year ago

Manchester

The fools must be crackers not to turn up.

over a year ago

"Fakes everywhere these days! Name and shame "

Problem with naming and shaming is people abuse it

They use it to get back at people who really don't deserve it

For example I mail you and you mail me back saying sorry your not my type but good luck and happy swinging, I get pissed off at this, your a single guy how dare you turn me down so i name you as a time waster, say we arranged a meet and you was a no show.....your word against mine

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/05/16 21:22:09]

over a year ago

"Fakes everywhere these days! Name and shame

Problem with naming and shaming is people abuse it

They use it to get back at people who really don't deserve it

For example I mail you and you mail me back saying sorry your not my type but good luck and happy swinging, I get pissed off at this, your a single guy how dare you turn me down so i name you as a time waster, say we arranged a meet and you was a no show.....your word against mine "

yes I do see your point with that

over a year ago

"Lots of women do it too lol

I should image lots of every group does it, when I used to meet couples I had a few let me down and a no show from a couple

It's not just guys

"

That is right and yeah it is not just with one group, but with all of them.

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Indeed...seems to be a tidal wave of it in the last 6 months..

Lost faith here atm have gone back dogging for a while which is a good change..best to have back up

over a year ago

"Fakes everywhere these days! Name and shame "
you cant name n shame cos the site seems to protect them

over a year ago

I've not managed to get a meet yet not even from a faker

Plenty of time to get blown out I'm sure of that

over a year ago

"I've heard a lot about these so-called 'timewasters', but I've never even come close to meeting one."

They wouldn't be time-wasters if you met them!

over a year ago

"

Yes had one last week, strangly enough after I deleted him he has text me and today messaged me on here. Was ill apparently - this stopped him from responding to me messaging if he was still meeting but didn't stop him from logging onto fab constantly.

All a load of bull and won't be getting a second chance after leaving me standing like a wally! X

over a year ago

I recently posted a very similar thread, I had lots of lovely responses though making me realise it was their issue not mine. It strangely is some comfort to know it's not just you although I wouldn't wish it for anyone.

One who stood me up deleted his profile, then came back on and contacted me asking my forgiveness and desperately wanting to make it up to me, I said he'd have to work to convince me, a couple of days later his new profile was deleted lol. I just laughed that time!!

The good news though, 2 successful meets (albeit one was before all of this) so there are decent people on here, it's just learning how to find them and ignoring the idiots and critics.

Good luck and stay positive xx

over a year ago

I get a lot of tyre-kickers, im sure thats a common thing for many.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

" A fair few just vanish in a puff of smoke "

Obviously we need to avoid the smokers . . .

Personally, we've never had a problem.

Cal

over a year ago

We were stood up by 3 guys in the space of 4 hours on Saturday.

Hard not to take that personally

over a year ago

I find just going with ur gut feeling cut out a lot of these Messers

Think with what's upstairs not downstairs

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

what ! it happens to women to ..thought theyd be there if they got an invite .its wank fantasy fodder for many on here

over a year ago

The woman are as bad for mucking men about. Traveled 100 mile round trip for a no show.

over a year ago

"

Guess your picking the wrong guys

over a year ago

Guess your picking the wrong guys "

Problem is you don't know who are the wrong or right guys till you arrange a meet and they do or don't cancel or meet/stand you up

Sadly the only way you can know if somebody is a time waster is by having your time wasted by them

over a year ago

Ok so why does anybody behave like this? Is it because this is the internet that some people think it's ok to behave in a way that they wouldn't in regular life? Does the Internet sort of dehumanise people, such that when someone decides not to show up, they have forgotten that they are dealing with a human being. It really is shocking.

over a year ago

Have had a lot of women do that to me. Plenty of messaging before hand and then on the day nothing. And these are people I've spoken to over the phone/cam. Just one of those things i suppose

over a year ago

"The woman are as bad for mucking men about. Traveled 100 mile round trip for a no show. "
100 mile!! I would of hunted her down and put her in the boot and took her home

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I would NEVER let anyone down..... Fix a meet and I will be there.

By *awtynNiceCouple
over a year ago

We have always stuck to our rules about chatting online, chatting on cam (not playing), if all good for everyone we then meet for a drink; only after that if everyone is happy would we arrange a play meet. Not saying this is fool proof, but in all the years we have been living this lifestyle we have had very few no shows and generally the single lads and ladies have been great it's the couples that have been hard work on occasions, but again not that bad. Hope things improve for you. Have fun xxx

over a year ago

"

I've had 14 no shows!!!

over a year ago

Unfortunately happens all the time and it's not sex based ie male female or couple profiles or regionally based seems to happen everywhere to everyone.... Very very frustrating but something you have to be prepared to deal with on the site I'm afraid

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

"I would NEVER let anyone down..... Fix a meet and I will be there. "

i hear those words a lot ..usually from guys that dont show up..

over a year ago

"

Women are as bad

over a year ago

We have used this site for 8 years now. Its worse now than it has ever been. All parties are guilty. We both have single accounts aswell as our joint account. The site really does need a feedback page which allows users to be black listed.

I think we get more success out of facebook.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I would NEVER let anyone down..... Fix a meet and I will be there.

i hear those words a lot ..usually from guys that dont show up.."

Can't speak for others but that is the way I do things....

By *lackMetalMan
over a year ago

Centre

Yep both verified and non ... A fair few just vanish in a puff of smok

I probably hold the fab record for stand ups in the amount of time I've been on here haha. "

To be fair, you live in a far away kingdom. Probably need a good bedtime story, a nap and a dream to get there! So they bottle out cos it's too much hassle

By *hiterabbit69Man
over a year ago

Romford

"The woman are as bad for mucking men about. Traveled 100 mile round trip for a no show. "

100 miles?! I won't even go north of the river!

By *requent_FerryersCouple
over a year ago

Norwich to Great Yarmouth

"

Exactly this for me too!! Thought I was the only one!! Was beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with me. "

I think that you are probably right! Maybe you should lay down on the couch and I will massage all your tensions away? xxxx

Polly xxx

over a year ago

Had a mf couple do that to me.Would not phone to prove genuine.

over a year ago

I think it's just that well worn saying

"Shit happens"

over a year ago

We go to clubs so we don't have to deal with endless ping pong mails, no shows, turned off phones and general bullshitters. Whoever is there is (potentially) available for us to play with. We go to the odd party if we feel it will be worth it but we just don't bother with private meets anymore.

By *oluptuousWetOneWoman
over a year ago

Wokingham / Reading

And yet we're all still here in the wonderful world of fab giving it a go

over a year ago

Don't get as far as arranging a meet hard enou getting replied mail

over a year ago

"

I wouldnt know about the blokes but I stick to well verified people mostly and have never been let down yet

over a year ago

"We go to clubs so we don't have to deal with endless ping pong mails, no shows, turned off phones and general bullshitters. Whoever is there is (potentially) available for us to play with. We go to the odd party if we feel it will be worth it but we just don't bother with private meets anymore."

Spot on

over a year ago

To be fair, you live in a far away kingdom. Probably need a good bedtime story, a nap and a dream to get there! So they bottle out cos it's too much hassle "

Tbf I do tell a very good bedtime story

By *lackMetalMan
over a year ago

Centre

To be fair, you live in a far away kingdom. Probably need a good bedtime story, a nap and a dream to get there! So they bottle out cos it's too much hassle

Tbf I do tell a very good bedtime story "

To be fair, not sure it's what the guys are here for. Unless it's someone fetish but that's one I haven't come across yet.

Post new Message to Thread