Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all just need to see what other people think.....if one half a couple is struggling with the swinging scene I.e not sure they like it...is it unreasonable for the other half to say they still want to do it,and they are being selfish for not wanting to do it anymore,and just want to be in a loving relationship with their partner. Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi all just need to see what other people think.....if one half a couple is struggling with the swinging scene I.e not sure they like it...is it unreasonable for the other half to say they still want to do it,and they are being selfish for not wanting to do it anymore,and just want to be in a loving relationship with their partner. Xx"
If one wants out then the other should respect that, if not for each other, then out of respect for others.

How are meets going to go if one half of the couple is doing it under duress?

over a year ago

"Hi all just need to see what other people think.....if one half a couple is struggling with the swinging scene I.e not sure they like it...is it unreasonable for the other half to say they still want to do it,and they are being selfish for not wanting to do it anymore,and just want to be in a loving relationship with their partner. Xx"

It sounds like relationship incompatibility.

If my husband or I said we didn't want to do it, then we would both stop. For us there's no point doing it if one of us isn't happy.

It's only a question the couple can sort out between themselves really though.

over a year ago

If one of us didn't want to do it anymore then we would stop. It's all about respect for us.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thankyou for your replys much appreciated....xx

By *ivnwcplCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

I can only assume this is the female half of the couple, this is based on reading your profile and it seems more centred around what the male wants, Just have a break until you do feel comfortable but again reading the profile I think this will be difficult because it looks male dominated

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No it isn't ok. It would be ok to say they were selfish if they wouldn't share their sweets with their partner but in my opinion the one doesn't like swinging isn't the selfish one here.

over a year ago

I think a relationship where one party is accusing the other of being selfish for not wanting to swing probably has some quite serious problems that won't be solved by one party courting opinion on the forums to justify their viewpoint

By *awtynNiceCouple
over a year ago

"Hi all just need to see what other people think.....if one half a couple is struggling with the swinging scene I.e not sure they like it...is it unreasonable for the other half to say they still want to do it,and they are being selfish for not wanting to do it anymore,and just want to be in a loving relationship with their partner. XxIf one wants out then the other should respect that, if not for each other, then out of respect for others.

How are meets going to go if one half of the couple is doing it under duress? "

over a year ago

The person not wanting to is selfish for not meeting there partners needs??? Yet the one who wants to is not selfish but guilty of the same??

If your both not into it then what's the point?? If you love swinging more than your partner, then leave them!!

over a year ago

Sounds like you need to step away from here and sort your relationship out.

I'm not part of a couple on here but surely to do so you must have the complete trust & respect of your partner to make it work.

If having sex with others is more important to one of you than the others feelings then I think you know what that spells.....

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

It's not unreasonable to say they still want to do it. It is unreasonable to actually do it. As well as all the other bits you talk about.

If either of us want Ted to stop then we woukd both stop. We're a couple and we care about how each other feels.....

over a year ago

"

It sounds like relationship incompatibility.

If my husband or I said we didn't want to do it, then we would both stop. For us there's no point doing it if one of us isn't happy.

It's only a question the couple can sort out between themselves really though."

Exactly this, either of us can veto anything we want at any time. We use the veto for everything from buying wallpaper to going on meets. Works well.

over a year ago

"Sounds like you need to step away from here and sort your relationship out.

I'm not part of a couple on here but surely to do so you must have the complete trust & respect of your partner to make it work.

If having sex with others is more important to one of you than the others feelings then I think you know what that spells....."

This

over a year ago

If you can't both be in the scene wholeheartedly then you should both be out of the scene with no regrets.

over a year ago

Out of respect if one person in the relationship no longer wishes to swing then you in my opinion should respect that decision.

If they also do not wish you to participate with swinging in any form then you will have to assess what means more to you? The swinging lifestyle or your partner.

Good luck

Post new Message to Thread