Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is it rude?

Jump to newest

By *angtidy10 OP   Couple
over a year ago

wolves

Recently I have started messaging people back that quite obviously haven't read our profile with the simple line "read our profile"

Do you think that's rude?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Recently I have started messaging people back that quite obviously haven't read our profile with the simple line "read our profile"

Do you think that's rude? "

not at all

By *ayd2pinkTV/TS
over a year ago

TENTERDEN

NO, but i'd put "please read profile- _____" and leave them to add moron

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

"Recently I have started messaging people back that quite obviously haven't read our profile with the simple line "read our profile"

Do you think that's rude? not at all"

No wish ppl would read them

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

Can you give us a brief synopsis - can't be arsed to click your user name and read it

over a year ago

No, I've done that before

over a year ago

No.....but at least they get a reply

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

No, but think it's a waste of time.

over a year ago

I've done that previously & got shitty replies so I don't bother now.

I just press delete.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I have regularly messaged people back asking if they have read my profile..... Cause I know they haven't from the fact they are nothing like what I'm after lol

I had a status the other day that seemed to help though and have since incorporated it in my profile - it simply says:

'If you haven't read my profile I'll assume you aren't serious about fucking'

Seems to be working reasonably well

over a year ago

wolves

"NO, but i'd put "please read profile- _____" and leave them to add moron"

Haha! Love this!

over a year ago

wolves

"I have regularly messaged people back asking if they have read my profile..... Cause I know they haven't from the fact they are nothing like what I'm after lol

I had a status the other day that seemed to help though and have since incorporated it in my profile - it simply says:

Seems to be working reasonably well "

Might give it a go! Some of the things people ask is so obvious if they just read our profile!

over a year ago

wolves

"No.....but at least they get a reply "

It does also say on our profile if we don't respond to your message it's our way of saying no thanks

over a year ago

No, any message back from another member of this site is always welcome

over a year ago

"No.....but at least they get a reply

It does also say on our profile if we don't respond to your message it's our way of saying no thanks "

Fair enough lol i do remember you saying you reply to all. At least i know im not the only 1

over a year ago

wolves

It does also say on our profile if we don't respond to your message it's our way of saying no thanks

Fair enough lol i do remember you saying you reply to all. At least i know im not the only 1 "

I do try to reply to all but sometimes it just gets too much which was why I added that line to profile so people didn't think I was just ignorant

over a year ago

Fair enough lol i do remember you saying you reply to all. At least i know im not the only 1

I do try to reply to all but sometimes it just gets too much which was why I added that line to profile so people didn't think I was just ignorant "

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"I have regularly messaged people back asking if they have read my profile..... Cause I know they haven't from the fact they are nothing like what I'm after lol

Might give it a go! Some of the things people ask is so obvious if they just read our profile! "

Exactly..... Hope it works for you too! I admit it worked better as my status though x

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Yep

Also pointless. Plus unless you block them they can now bypass any filters you apply as you have replied to them.

over a year ago

Not at all. Sadly we end up doing it faaaar too often!

Usually followed by a quick poke of the block button too.

We're firm believers that if people can't be courteous and respectful enough to read our profile, they are unlikely to be so if we meet them.

over a year ago

No i do that to

over a year ago

I think it's a bit of a waste of time rather than actively rude. But then I don't reply to any message I don't want to reply to, and some find that rude.

over a year ago

"

Love it! Can we steal it please?

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"

Love it! Can we steal it please? "

Go for it! Although as I said above it did work better as my status

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No not rude but pointless. It's more likely to end up with you getting abuse than them changing their ways.

over a year ago

Wouldn't say its rude but if we were to message even after reading your profile we wouldn't put strawberry in the status bar. We don't have to prove anything.

Thats just us.

over a year ago

No not rude at all.

I do it all the time. If they bothered to read it then couples would know they were wasting their time.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Recently I've replied to a few messages with "Please read my profile and message me again if you think you match what I'm looking for".

It's yielded some quite astounding replies. Some of those senders clearly thought (hoped?) I'm a bit dim.

over a year ago

wolves

"Wouldn't say its rude but if we were to message even after reading your profile we wouldn't put strawberry in the status bar. We don't have to prove anything.

Thats just us."

To be honest it's not that, that annoys me that much. It's stupid questions like, do you meet single males. If they read our preferences and veris they would know the answer to that!

over a year ago

"Wouldn't say its rude but if we were to message even after reading your profile we wouldn't put strawberry in the status bar. We don't have to prove anything.

Thats just us."

In our opinion it proves a lot by doing so, that your respectful and considerate of that persons boundaries and wishes. If you can't do that with a simple introductory message, it may well appear that you wouldn't when playing...

That being said we ask similar on it profile and don't autocratically ignore our block those that don't, but we are certainly more guarded with them.

over a year ago

wolves

Thats just us.

In our opinion it proves a lot by doing so, that your respectful and considerate of that persons boundaries and wishes. If you can't do that with a simple introductory message, it may well appear that you wouldn't when playing...

That being said we ask similar on it profile and don't autocratically ignore our block those that don't, but we are certainly more guarded with them."

Very well put

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I don't believe it is rude. I hope, in vain I suspect, that sending a message like that highlights the fact they didn't read the profile first and might make them change their tactics.

over a year ago

wolves

"I don't believe it is rude. I hope, in vain I suspect, that sending a message like that highlights the fact they didn't read the profile first and might make them change their tactics."

That's kind of what I'm hoping too! Not to confident it will happen though lol

over a year ago

I don't think its rude...

at least I hope it isn't as I reply with something very similar...

only its a bit of a moot point really as I block them straight after I send it

over a year ago

No lol we either delete or write back Shame you can look at pics but no read

over a year ago

I read there profile, send a message and then they reply back. Yeah that's cool. Then they ask for a pic, so I send one. Then they ask for some others, for sure but can I have one back so I know whom I'm chatting too.

No reply??

Then I'm blocked

Now that's rude!!!

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Not really no, but I am thinking someone took umbrage to it.

over a year ago

I don't think it's rude. Just pointless.

over a year ago

Totally not. That's the point of a profile isn't it, for people to read before messaging you? If you can't be arsed to read it, don't be arsed to give a proper reply...

C x

over a year ago

Haha! I like this. Although just know someone will message something along the lines of, "if you were serious about fucking, you wouldn't have so much written in your profile"

over a year ago

No, but think it's a waste of time. "

By *ERGIE6Man
over a year ago

irvine

No it isn't

I have a fb with same problem

Reason she says read profile is do she only gets the people messaging that she is looking for and not wasting hers and their time

I imagine that's same as you guys why read 100 mails when only 10 are what looking for

over a year ago

Love it!!

over a year ago

I often use the response 'you clearly didn't read my profile'

most people can't be bothered to read and I can't be bothered with them. Block list is building

over a year ago

we used to but now just delete - cant be bothered -

over a year ago

It's my understanding that as soon as you reply to a message that person can then bypass your filters.

I personally wouldn't want to forfeit that as they can't be reset.

By *llaboutthecockCouple
over a year ago

Bromley

Sometimes telling people that they are ignorant, is too much for them to take in.

But is that is ignoring the problem.

I say it's up to your heart or intellect to decide.

Peace

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

Totally not. That's the point of a profile isn't it, for people to read before messaging you? If you can't be arsed to read it, don't be arsed to give a proper reply...

C x"

got to agree with you,maybe I'm just old fashioned,but I dont contact people without reading profile first to check I'm what they're looking for

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Personally I think they're the rude ones for not reading my profile in the first place, so if they want to ignore what I've took the time to write, I'm going to ignore the message they wrote, fairs fair

over a year ago

Having read your profile and peeved your pics, I'd say no not at all rude

By *b586Couple
over a year ago

pemberton twp

I love to reply, "Did you read our profile?" It's usually guys who message asking, "What you into?"

Really???

Kim

over a year ago

Tbh I don't even justify it with a reply

Post new Message to Thread