Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Photography

Jump to newest

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

Hi All,

First post in here, I've actually only just discovered that the forum exists!

Ok, so in short I'm a photographer looking to do something outside of the daily grind of taking shots of things that have no interest to me! I've already done a few shoots with people through my normal fab profile but have set up this one purely for this purpose.

I'm looking to organise shoots with either women, couples, more than couples or parties, just no single men as I'd probably feel strange with just that one, however, with that in mind if I were to be doing a couple shoot I'm more than happy to do solo shoots with the guy. If your interested then drop me a message, no costs, no catches, total privacy for your pics (your more than welcome to just keep the memory card at the end of the shoot) the only thing I can't do with this is accommodate, so would be at a location of your choice.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Some people need a pros eye for their pics. Good luck

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

That's the point! As a photographer I'd love for the users of the site to be using my photos as their profile pics, if one day maybe my pictures get on the 'most fab'd' I'd feel like I'd done the site and people proud well taken shots look amazing on your profiles, really stand out!

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

if I was looking for a photographer, the first thing I would do would be to check the quality of the pictures on their profile

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"That's the point! As a photographer I'd love for the users of the site to be using my photos as their profile pics, if one day maybe my pictures get on the 'most fab'd' I'd feel like I'd done the site and people proud well taken shots look amazing on your profiles, really stand out! "

They do indeed and having some on your profile would be an excellent showcase for your work.

I'm not suggesting that you would do this but one reason I would never allow photos to be taken of me by anyone but my partner is the ease with which a memory card can be ejected, photos taken which are stored on the camera's memory then slipped back in.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What sort of equipment are you using?

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

Nikon D610 and D800. Bowens lighting or just a few off shoe flashes depending on space. Lots of lenses, lots and lots of lenses haha! It's a back breaker lugging stuff like that round, a real shame there isn't a one for all lens out there!

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Perhaps your profile photos would show us examples of your work, so we can get an idea of what you produce. Perhaps not !

over a year ago

a photographer who lives and breaths photos so much he has no public photos.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/16 23:44:20]

over a year ago

I would have been up for this as would be really cool to have some decent shots taken by someone who knows what they're doing, and considering these would be 'glamour' shots (for lack of a better term?)... but apparently pro toggies these days don't shoot single guys . Also, the "even joining in myself", part kind of gives away your true intentions.

If you want to get laid, then just come out and say it. Don't use a respectable profession as some sort of fuck magnet

over a year ago

"I would have been up for this as would be really cool to have some decent shots taken by someone who knows what they're doing, and considering these would be 'glamour' shots (for lack of a better term?)... but apparently pro toggies these days don't shoot single guys . Also, the "even joining in myself", part kind of gives away your true intentions.

If you want to get laid, then just come out and say it. Don't use a respectable profession as some sort of fuck magnet "

I agree. And the not being able to accommodate part too - the wife or gf at home is she?

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

Ooooook, so much for community spirit. In answer to pit of sharks....

1) Noted, yes if I were to add pictures to my profile this would certainly help, however, my daily line of photography work carries nothing of this sort of nature. I'd happily post pictures of drinks, fancy bars, car interiors and the likes of this - but this gives no indication of the work I'd be producing on here. I do a lot of weddings and bump to baby shots but feel it would be rather disrespectful to share these on a swinging website.

2) as mentioned, I have another profile for myself and partner as 'swingers' so if the intention was purely to fuck then I'd be organising it on the other one. This is something new I'd like to experiment with and then if it ends up with sex then I'm sure we all have a common interest, if it doesn't then so be it, it's very rare that I don't involve the girlfriend in any swinging activity and that's how i intend to keep it.

3) pictures of myself on my profile, each to their own with this..... I'd asked those interested to get in touch, if they would like a picture of me and I feel it's appropriate then I'd pass it on. In normal messages i tend to include them as you can get an idea of where people are from. On an open forum the person that reads your message could be your neighbour, and like the people I take photos of I respect the privacy of both myself and them.

4) if I were to be charging for this I'd happily take photos of a single male, but doing this is a point where profession meets hobby and pleasure. So if I've chosen not to be sat in a room with just one other guy with his cock in his hand then I guess that's ok.

I'm sure for the likeminded people on the site that I've worked with before you'll fully understand the above, I've made some good friends on the site and one of them suggested starting up a profile for what I do, after sending a few messages out and organising a few shoots another member said that I should try using the forum to reach a wider variety of people.....

So for those that have messaged me, thanks, and for those that have made comments on adding pictures etc I fully understand why you've said that but i hope the above clears up why I haven't done that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In answer to point one take a photo of yourself to show that your professional understanding of lighting, pose etc...you must have a timer.

In answer to point three, as above but ensure its just torso.

I don't doubt that your intentions are genuine but if you believe myself and others to be sharks...you're swimming in the same pool and haven't been eaten.

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

And electro Carlo, can I just quote from your profile....

"Not looking to meet single guys" and "I'm a decent human being. Always respectful, polite, courteous and with a very kinky, adventurous and insatiable sexual appetite"

So I fail to understand how's it's not ok for me to want to meet single guys and also feel that being polite and respectful is, well, maybe not quite as clear cut as it sounds.

By *xftom OP   Man
over a year ago

Bayworth

And nicecouple, thanks for the reply. That's true, but think that actually now I'll just turn over to the fact that asking if anyone is interested in a forum was just a complete failure! I'll return to just messaging and speaking to the people I'd like to work with!

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Give - Guy - and - Break come to mind!

over a year ago

"And electro Carlo, can I just quote from your profile....

"Not looking to meet single guys" and "I'm a decent human being. Always respectful, polite, courteous and with a very kinky, adventurous and insatiable sexual appetite"

So I fail to understand how's it's not ok for me to want to meet single guys and also feel that being polite and respectful is, well, maybe not quite as clear cut as it sounds."

I created my profile to connect with people I will eventually end up having sex with. I'm straight. Hence the no single men part. Why should I even have to explain that?

You, on the other hand, created this thread offering your services as a photographer. Professional photographers are, well, professional. That includes not having sex with your clients/subjects. That is absolutely basic professionalism in this industry.

If and when you do arrange one of these adult shoots with a member, whatever goes on in that shoot is entirely up to them and the circumstances. The circumstances you have described in your original post imply that you are offering your services on a purely professional/platonic level, which contradicts what you've written on your profile.

That is my point, and that is why I suggested that if you are actually looking for sex, then make that clear, or you are leaving yourself open to precisely this sort of reaction.

over a year ago

"And electro Carlo, can I just quote from your profile....

So I fail to understand how's it's not ok for me to want to meet single guys and also feel that being polite and respectful is, well, maybe not quite as clear cut as it sounds.

I created my profile to connect with people I will eventually end up having sex with. I'm straight. Hence the no single men part. Why should I even have to explain that?

You, on the other hand, created this thread offering your services as a photographer. Professional photographers are, well, professional. That includes not having sex with your clients/subjects. That is absolutely basic professionalism in this industry.

If and when you do arrange one of these adult shoots with a member, whatever goes on in that shoot is entirely up to them and the circumstances. The circumstances you have described in your original post imply that you are offering your services on a purely professional/platonic level, which contradicts what you've written on your profile.

That is my point, and that is why I suggested that if you are actually looking for sex, then make that clear, or you are leaving yourself open to precisely this sort of reaction.

"

over a year ago

Seems pretty legit, if Mrs hadn't already booked in with someone else for a shoot in May id have pointed her to this thread.

Well mannered, intellectual and informative posts from OP kinda leads me to believe this is a labour of love.

One thing I will ask to stoke the fire a bit OP, will you be giving anyone who accepts a link to your professional page? It goes a long way to mutual trust if they can report you for any misuse of pictures after the shoot.

M&M

over a year ago

"Ooooook, so much for community spirit. In answer to pit of sharks....

1) Noted, yes if I were to add pictures to my profile this would certainly help, however, my daily line of photography work carries nothing of this sort of nature. I'd happily post pictures of drinks, fancy bars, car interiors and the likes of this - but this gives no indication of the work I'd be producing on here. I do a lot of weddings and bump to baby shots but feel it would be rather disrespectful to share these on a swinging website.

2) as mentioned, I have another profile for myself and partner as 'swingers' so if the intention was purely to fuck then I'd be organising it on the other one. This is something new I'd like to experiment with and then if it ends up with sex then I'm sure we all have a common interest, if it doesn't then so be it, it's very rare that I don't involve the girlfriend in any swinging activity and that's how i intend to keep it.

3) pictures of myself on my profile, each to their own with this..... I'd asked those interested to get in touch, if they would like a picture of me and I feel it's appropriate then I'd pass it on. In normal messages i tend to include them as you can get an idea of where people are from. On an open forum the person that reads your message could be your neighbour, and like the people I take photos of I respect the privacy of both myself and them.

4) if I were to be charging for this I'd happily take photos of a single male, but doing this is a point where profession meets hobby and pleasure. So if I've chosen not to be sat in a room with just one other guy with his cock in his hand then I guess that's ok.

I'm sure for the likeminded people on the site that I've worked with before you'll fully understand the above, I've made some good friends on the site and one of them suggested starting up a profile for what I do, after sending a few messages out and organising a few shoots another member said that I should try using the forum to reach a wider variety of people.....

So for those that have messaged me, thanks, and for those that have made comments on adding pictures etc I fully understand why you've said that but i hope the above clears up why I haven't done that. "

Nope.

As a photographer I would think you love taking photos. Not just as a job but a hobby.

Your profile should be wowing people with your talent whether you were trying to advertise or not.

over a year ago

... Basically you look like a total fake.

over a year ago

There's profiles on here with real photographers have pics totally show mine up as amateurish.

That's what you're profile needs to be like. Not blah blah excuse, I'm good really, so good I'm not going to show you, but trust me and I can add some "real calss" to your profile.

over a year ago

Maybe ask the girlfriend if you can take some of her to show your talent?

over a year ago

"Ooooook, so much for community spirit. In answer to pit of sharks....

So for those that have messaged me, thanks, and for those that have made comments on adding pictures etc I fully understand why you've said that but i hope the above clears up why I haven't done that. "

"if it ends up with sex then..."

And there it is.

If you're interest was purely photographic then you wouldn't even be thinking about it that way.

As for listing your gear, you sound like someone trying to justify their experience because of the gear they have. I shoot Leica... does that mean I win?

By *oxycouple28Couple
over a year ago

bexley

^^ To be fair I think he listed his gear when someone asked him what he uses

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"And nicecouple, thanks for the reply. That's true, but think that actually now I'll just turn over to the fact that asking if anyone is interested in a forum was just a complete failure! I'll return to just messaging and speaking to the people I'd like to work with! "

We're a tough crowd and often cynical by nature, you defend yourself ably though.

There is one guy on here I know of who successfully does what you suggest so it is possible.

over a year ago

"^^ To be fair I think he listed his gear when someone asked him what he uses"

Yep you're right, sorry OP.

over a year ago

Set up a photographer profile on purpleport and post a link to that with your work

By *rincesscaracoupleCouple
over a year ago

Saltburn

Some of our public pics were take by a pro tog at one of our parties and it isn't an easy job. Photos need to be staged to look good and that isn't always possible when people are there to fuck. We are happy with the photos however and would invite a pro tog again.

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

Not sure why you would hide your swinging behind photography. Why not develop a circle of playmates first, then introduce your photography to them when they trust you? Besides which, do you really think that you can do so much better than some of the brilliant shots on Fab which are often taken by people who make no claim to be photographers.

over a year ago

It might be a good idea if you had some pictures on your profie then people might have some faith in you.

By *aurenkaWoman
over a year ago

London

"I would have been up for this as would be really cool to have some decent shots taken by someone who knows what they're doing, and considering these would be 'glamour' shots (for lack of a better term?)... but apparently pro toggies these days don't shoot single guys . Also, the "even joining in myself", part kind of gives away your true intentions.

If you want to get laid, then just come out and say it. Don't use a respectable profession as some sort of fuck magnet "

Well said!

But what I noticed there are so many people trying the opposite. If female is photographer they instantly want "jerking off art pics"

Gross.

(I don't mind jerking off,but if you are not a person I am getting intimate with, better don't ask me if I like to watch or shoot)

over a year ago

To be fair the op does seem to have a reasonable knowledge of kit etc. As a snapper myself (in a somewhat specialised market) I can verify boudoir and adult photography takes some serious skill, practise and talent.

The best images take hours to produce, though occasionally more candid and intimate shoots can work out well.

While I can see the attraction of offering the services on here I doubt it will be all that beneficial for either party unless they are very comfortable with each other and the snapper has some serious talent.

On an average shoot Id do 300-500 images and expect a hit rate of 1 in 10 - and Ive done exactly this kind of work for well over a decade.

Either way I wish the op all the best

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

By the way, I just wanted to let people know, I too am happy to point a camera at any women who I fancy, that want to get naked in front of me.

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"That's the point! As a photographer I'd love for the users of the site to be using my photos as their profile pics, if one day maybe my pictures get on the 'most fab'd' I'd feel like I'd done the site and people proud well taken shots look amazing on your profiles, really stand out!

They do indeed and having some on your profile would be an excellent showcase for your work.

I'm not suggesting that you would do this but one reason I would never allow photos to be taken of me by anyone but my partner is the ease with which a memory card can be ejected, photos taken which are stored on the camera's memory then slipped back in."

The people I take photos for are confident that they can trust me to be discreet. Then again - they are people who have become friends who I have built up trust with over many months and years.

I offer to keep copies in case they lose them. If they tell me to delete them - I do. Only once have they regretted asking that.

All comes down to trust...

By *awfleshMan
over a year ago

Brixton

Sounds like bulshit to me, post pics so we can see your work. Sounds like you are just angling to be a perv.

Post new Message to Thread