Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Can you have friendship and NSA?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering if it's possible to have a friendship with someone and the sex remain no strings attached?

What's people's thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Define no strings, then I can answer

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

By *laqgrapeMan
over a year ago

Sanderstead

No.

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Yes.

I have two such arrangements .

For more than 5 years, no issues.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yeah it is perfectly possible, especially if you are emotionally engaged elsewhere. Some guys will only ever be 'friend' material from the get go, others will always be more.

over a year ago

Yes. I'm friendly with all my nsa men

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm not sure what the techincal definition of NSA would be, but to my mind (and correct me if I'm wrong by all means) is that it's just sex, no relationship, no obligations.

Usually I would think that NSA would suit people looking for occasional one off meets with someone just for a fuck.

But I'm curious, as I would like to meet someone for regular fun, and possible friendship. But just wondering if you can still have no strings sex if you are friends with someone and seeing them regularly, for sex and for friendship.

Do people think that's possible really?

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

We have that sort of thing going on however, if I was younger and childless it would be a different story. I wouldn't have entertained it. We have our own lifes and commitments. Saying that I do care about and respect him, but we do not feel obligated, I feel free and that works for me.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Oh and we have lots of sexy fun.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Shit maybe it is a relationship of sorts...lol

over a year ago

Depends on how much you appreciate that person but yes it is possible I guess

over a year ago

I doubt it ... Despite some suggesting they have it .

But it depends on the nature of the friendship I guess

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Certainly had it in the past, as a young guy I had a fair few girl mates that I enjoyed the occasional tumble with. Still friends with some of them. One is on here, although, wouldnt play with her now I'm married.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I believe you can but it depends on each others circumstances

over a year ago

I think it's possible

over a year ago

Yes. I saw a guy on here for about 3 years. I liked him very much but never wanted a relationship with him. It finished because he met someone. I wished him well and have the odd wank thinking about him

over a year ago

"I'm not sure what the techincal definition of NSA would be, but to my mind (and correct me if I'm wrong by all means) is that it's just sex, no relationship, no obligations.

Usually I would think that NSA would suit people looking for occasional one off meets with someone just for a fuck.

But I'm curious, as I would like to meet someone for regular fun, and possible friendship. But just wondering if you can still have no strings sex if you are friends with someone and seeing them regularly, for sex and for friendship.

"

Isn't friendship a string?

over a year ago

Yes you can long as you both know that's what you want .I have done it

over a year ago

I don't think friendship and nsa goes together.

Sure you can and should be 'friendly' to the person you're having ' no strings attached' sex with... but friendship to me is more than that. Keeping in touch..knowing each other.. chatting about every day stuff.. having a coffee.. being there for each other thru thick and thin etc etc... that to me is friendship in a small nutshell.. and to me cannot go with nsa. But that's just me and my thoughts.. sure everyone sees it differently.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure what the techincal definition of NSA would be, but to my mind (and correct me if I'm wrong by all means) is that it's just sex, no relationship, no obligations.

Isn't friendship a string?"

^^^ this... you said it much better than me!! Haha.

over a year ago

"I don't think friendship and nsa goes together.

Sure you can and should be 'friendly' to the person you're having ' no strings attached' sex with... but friendship to me is more than that. Keeping in touch..knowing each other.. chatting about every day stuff.. having a coffee.. being there for each other thru thick and thin etc etc... that to me is friendship in a small nutshell.. and to me cannot go with nsa. But that's just me and my thoughts.. sure everyone sees it differently. "

I like your answer better than mine.

over a year ago

yes

over a year ago

Sure you can and should be 'friendly' to the person you're having ' no strings attached' sex with... but friendship to me is more than that. Keeping in touch..knowing each other.. chatting about every day stuff.. having a coffee.. being there for each other thru thick and thin etc etc... that to me is friendship in a small nutshell.. and to me cannot go with nsa. But that's just me and my thoughts.. sure everyone sees it differently.

I like your answer better than mine. "

And I like you're better than mine.. My thumbs hurt now! Haha.

Wanna share a string?? Lol.

over a year ago

It is definitely possible, but in my opinion it all depends on the people involved and their mentalities towards this sort of thing.

I started out having a NSA relationship with a lovely lady and a friendship has come out of it, we can chat like friends and still enjoy each other's company in an NSA way from time to time.

So in my eyes it is possible but it may not always be that straight forward for other people.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Sure you can and should be 'friendly' to the person you're having ' no strings attached' sex with... but friendship to me is more than that. Keeping in touch..knowing each other.. chatting about every day stuff.. having a coffee.. being there for each other thru thick and thin etc etc... that to me is friendship in a small nutshell.. and to me cannot go with nsa. But that's just me and my thoughts.. sure everyone sees it differently. "

See, I have a couple of friendships like that. I am the go to fab advice girl for them as well since the sex part is truly NSA. However, I have had one such friendship where it was in danger of imploding when the lines got blurred so that is now just friendship without the sex. It is entirely dependent on the people involved and in my experience how honest they are with each other.

over a year ago

Strange question as by definition friendship would be classed as a 'string'.

We have loads of friends we have sex with but have no desire to be in a relationship with? ( infact everyone we swing with we would class as friends, it's how we roll)

M&M

over a year ago

Agree...nsa is just sex, no other contact except to meet up, once friendship is involved that's a string isn't it? I guess it depends on the people involved though, I'm sure for some it's much easier than for others x

over a year ago

It can for me. If I was single though, I might struggle with that. Being married makes it a lot easier to compartmentalise things and means inappropriate feelings don't develop.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Yes it is possible

over a year ago

Nope, I wear my heart on my sleeve!

Single meets only for me.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Well in 5 years into a friendship like that and it's working for us so far

over a year ago

"Nope, I wear my heart on my sleeve!

Single meets only for me."

To me that would be the only way for nsa. And it works for a lot of folk. But then I saw someone 8 times who wanted fuck n go or blow n go which I find too emotionless so I stopped that. Took me a while to realise. Lol.

over a year ago

I think it's harder to maintain the boundaries when you allow yourselves to get close enough to become friends. But it makes things more fun, being able to share a bit more and just have a bit more fun

over a year ago

"It can for me. If I was single though, I might struggle with that. Being married makes it a lot easier to compartmentalise things and means inappropriate feelings don't develop."

This for me too!

I have a couple of good friends on here and its strictly nsa, I can't imagine developing feelings for anyone else x

over a year ago

"Just wondering if it's possible to have a friendship with someone and the sex remain no strings attached?

"

I certainly hope so, if not then my friends list is pointless

over a year ago

It's entirely possible to have sex and friendship without anything else. I barely chat to some of my regular friends in between meets but once together it's fab.

over a year ago

I see there are people taking differing views, my own opinion from experience is eventually you will become attached emotionally and someone will get hurt. Unless of course one of you is an emotional void, which is not uncommon here.

over a year ago

Personally I find the sex is always more fulfilling with someone I know better. I like to think the few men I've met on here & keep in touch with off site, that there is a friendship of sorts between us.

I think it helps that our circumstances are similar & we don't live locally which helps to quell any inappropriate feelings, because there literally is no point!

over a year ago

"I see there are people taking differing views, my own opinion from experience is eventually you will become attached emotionally and someone will get hurt. Unless of course one of you is an emotional void, which is not uncommon here."

This of course is Bollocks. I'm not emotionally void just capable of not forming emotional attachment to those i Fuck

over a year ago

I think that depends very much on one's definition of friendship.

over a year ago

Yes it is possible

over a year ago

Think it's possible I just seem to get the woman who think if they come under that umbrella as such i will fall for them.....but sadly they end up getting hurt

over a year ago

we have had a couple of guys who want nsa to become more thats why we only do one offs,

over a year ago

It seems to be a touchy subject, which indicates it is not easy, to strike that balance.

There are also different means by which people achieve that balance. Some will be able to switch off afterwards and move on, others will not find it as easy. I would not dare to presume or particularly care how individuals rationalise the activity... just voicing an opinion which is what forums are for

over a year ago

Wouldn't you class it as "friends with benefits"

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Just wondering if it's possible to have a friendship with someone and the sex remain no strings attached?

"

Yes friends with benefits its still no strings

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"

Yes in our opinion it is possible.

We've been meeting some people for a few years and in general we haven't had many problems. If we think someone is getting the wrong idea or too clingy, we nip it in the bud.

Some we're in contact with more than others between meets. A couple we meet just for a coffee or normal night out occasionally.

Others we won't really have any contact with apart from arranging a meet and when we get together, it's great. Then we go our separate ways till next time.

over a year ago

So bondage is out then lol

over a year ago

No, becuase being friends is one of those strings that aren't supposed to be attached, can have a fuck buddy

Post new Message to Thread