Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Not Another Tattoo Thread!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I was contemplating the options for tattoos - as you do. I was debating if I need to update my profile to 'heavily tattooed' rather than 'some tattoos'. I know fundamentally it doesn't make a single bit of difference - but I'm still pondering it anyway.

I now have a large tattoo on my forearm which in my mind pushes me into 'heavily tattooed' on a site like this because of it's location. I can't cover it up now, at all. It even peeks out of my cuff if I'm wearing long sleeves. I have another large tattoo on my lower back, but nowhere else.

Is 'heavily tattooed' more about coverage or location to you? Does someone have to have heavy *coverage* for you to consider them heavily tattooed, or is it more about if you can see them when they're wearing normal clothes?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Oh my days , please don't grow a beard too

over a year ago

"Oh my days , please don't grow a beard too "

over a year ago

"Oh my days , please don't grow a beard too "

I'M TRYING!

over a year ago

I have 'heavily tattooed' due to both volume and location, so to me personally, am arm would be far from 'heavily tattooed.' But I guess it's subjective...

over a year ago

You see I have 3 fairly sizeable tattoos on my arm, and ones on my legs and back, but as the majority of my body is un-tattooed (eg. I haven't got a sleeve) I've kept mine as 'some tattoo's'

over a year ago

"I have 'heavily tattooed' due to both volume and location, so to me personally, am arm would be far from 'heavily tattooed.' But I guess it's subjective..."

I think I've always associated 'heavily tattooed' with 'career limiting' and similar - which is exactly what I've just done.

Although I'm meeting my tattoo artist about a coverup next week that will extend from mid back to mid thigh...

over a year ago

I'd personally say it is about coverage for me. I'd be disappointed to see someone say they're heavily tattooed and less than 50% of their body is covered.

over a year ago

"I'd personally say it is about coverage for me. I'd be disappointed to see someone say they're heavily tattooed and less than 50% of their body is covered."

I think fab could do with something more like piercings for the dropdown box.

There is a long way between 'got a tacky inch high dolphin in Magaluf' and '49% coverage including hands and neck' - which is basically all covered under 'some tattoos'.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I have been pondering the same thing lately. With most of my chest done, 2 tattoos on one arm, one on the other, one on my back and one on my calf I wasn't sure whether to change mine or not yet. N summed it up by saying she imagines heavily tattooed as at least a full sleeve

B

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I have a forearm tattoo that pokes out of my sleeve on occasion. And a couple of smaller ones that are coverupable. I still wouldn't consider myself heavily tattooed though. I have three; it's their combined size rather than location that was the rationale for me if that makes sense?

over a year ago

"I'd personally say it is about coverage for me. I'd be disappointed to see someone say they're heavily tattooed and less than 50% of their body is covered.

There is a long way between 'got a tacky inch high dolphin in Magaluf' and '49% coverage including hands and neck' - which is basically all covered under 'some tattoos'."

I've put only a few piercings because i only have loads on my head/face and know people will think i have them in intimate places if i put the actual amount. Half the time the descriptions are guessing.

Pics should be the way to go i reckon, but seeing as many people airbrush their tattoos out that doesn't work either.

over a year ago

"I have been pondering the same thing lately. With most of my chest done, 2 tattoos on one arm, one on the other, one on my back and one on my calf I wasn't sure whether to change mine or not yet. N summed it up by saying she imagines heavily tattooed as at least a full sleeve

B"

See with a chestpiece I would consider you 'heavily tattooed'.

On a sex site like this where it's primarily for sexual attraction purposes I suspect we can divide peoples interests into three camps (if they're interested in physical attraction):

- Don't want to fuck someone with tattoos

- Don't mind tattoos but don't want to see them particularly while fucking

- Love tattoos or don't mind either way

My old tattoo fell into 'you're not really even going to see it while fucking' but my new one is 'in your face even when in a coffee shop'.

I think I would change the fab options to:

- No tattoos

- One or two tattoos / discreet tattoos

- More than a few tattoos / distinctively tattooed

over a year ago

"I'd personally say it is about coverage for me. I'd be disappointed to see someone say they're heavily tattooed and less than 50% of their body is covered.

There is a long way between 'got a tacky inch high dolphin in Magaluf' and '49% coverage including hands and neck' - which is basically all covered under 'some tattoos'.

I've put only a few piercings because i only have loads on my head/face and know people will think i have them in intimate places if i put the actual amount. Half the time the descriptions are guessing.

Pics should be the way to go i reckon, but seeing as many people airbrush their tattoos out that doesn't work either."

Piercings are another one that is problematic for searching really too.

I have absolutely no visible piercings, and only three in total. However they are genital piercings that I have stretched to 8mm size and I wear inch diameter rings in them... so I have less piercings than most people have ear piercings... but mine are a thousand times more likely to put someone off having sex with me.

over a year ago

I was wondering what to put on mine.. I have far more than you describe.. I have just put some tattoos and ask in first message if large tattoos are a problem

over a year ago

Haha

over a year ago

Pics should be the way to go i reckon, but seeing as many people airbrush their tattoos out that doesn't work either.

I have absolutely no visible piercings, and only three in total. However they are genital piercings that I have stretched to 8mm size and I wear inch diameter rings in them... so I have less piercings than most people have ear piercings... but mine are a thousand times more likely to put someone off having sex with me."

I like what you said in the above reply, a bit more description of things would be good.

If you're not explicit with pics really no-one can tell, and you'd have to be fairly intimate in chat with someone straight away for them to know if they'd be put off or not, which i wouldn't be comfortable with myself.

over a year ago

Well ive got both arms fully tattooed, part of my chest and back, thighs, back of my legs... I might be heavily tattooed

over a year ago

To me if your less that 50% covered your not heavily tattooed

Everybody will have their own opinion on what heavily tattooed is though

over a year ago

I have absolutely no visible piercings, and only three in total. However they are genital piercings that I have stretched to 8mm size and I wear inch diameter rings in them... so I have less piercings than most people have ear piercings... but mine are a thousand times more likely to put someone off having sex with me.

I like what you said in the above reply, a bit more description of things would be good.

If you're not explicit with pics really no-one can tell, and you'd have to be fairly intimate in chat with someone straight away for them to know if they'd be put off or not, which i wouldn't be comfortable with myself."

Yeah that's always the problem isn't it? I'm not comfortable to put pictures of my tattoos or piercings on this site particularly, and it's not exactly the kind of thing you want to discuss in the first message.

It would be good if fab had more flexibility in the drop down menus somehow.

over a year ago

If you're not explicit with pics really no-one can tell, and you'd have to be fairly intimate in chat with someone straight away for them to know if they'd be put off or not, which i wouldn't be comfortable with myself.

Yeah that's always the problem isn't it? I'm not comfortable to put pictures of my tattoos or piercings on this site particularly, and it's not exactly the kind of thing you want to discuss in the first message.

It would be good if fab had more flexibility in the drop down menus somehow."

I'd rather have my bits on display than talk about them, so have done that. But yeah i do understand a lot of people prefer discretion.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I have been pondering the same thing lately. With most of my chest done, 2 tattoos on one arm, one on the other, one on my back and one on my calf I wasn't sure whether to change mine or not yet. N summed it up by saying she imagines heavily tattooed as at least a full sleeve

B

See with a chestpiece I would consider you 'heavily tattooed'.

On a sex site like this where it's primarily for sexual attraction purposes I suspect we can divide peoples interests into three camps (if they're interested in physical attraction):

- Don't want to fuck someone with tattoos

- Don't mind tattoos but don't want to see them particularly while fucking

- Love tattoos or don't mind either way

My old tattoo fell into 'you're not really even going to see it while fucking' but my new one is 'in your face even when in a coffee shop'.

I think I would change the fab options to:

- No tattoos

- One or two tattoos / discreet tattoos

- More than a few tattoos / distinctively tattooed"

This was my thinking about the chest. It's technically 2 separate tattoos, but I definitely see your point.

B

over a year ago

"So I was contemplating the options for tattoos - as you do. I was debating if I need to update my profile to 'heavily tattooed' rather than 'some tattoos'. I know fundamentally it doesn't make a single bit of difference - but I'm still pondering it anyway.

I now have a large tattoo on my forearm which in my mind pushes me into 'heavily tattooed' on a site like this because of it's location. I can't cover it up now, at all. It even peeks out of my cuff if I'm wearing long sleeves. I have another large tattoo on my lower back, but nowhere else.

Is 'heavily tattooed' more about coverage or location to you? Does someone have to have heavy *coverage* for you to consider them heavily tattooed, or is it more about if you can see them when they're wearing normal clothes?"

Good point, I have that I have some tattoos whereas my whole right arm from wrist to shoulder is covered and gave often thought should this class as heavily but I only see it as one tattoo. Do you think I should maybe class that as heavily?

over a year ago

I think that what the tattooed amongst us would class as heavily tattooed would vary from the untattooed.

I've got 15 dotted about, some tiny and some substantial, I don't feel very tattooed but I know that in other people's eyes I'm basically a walking tattoo by this point!

Post new Message to Thread