Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

bad spelling

Jump to newest

By *ayd2pink OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

TENTERDEN

Should we put up with it or not. (unless there is a genuine reason of course)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definutly knot!

over a year ago

And how would you not put up with it op?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes we should a little tolerance goes a long way.

over a year ago

If you can read it and make sense of it.. Why is it such a problem?.. . Life is too short and moves too fast to be forever correcting people's errors

over a year ago

Any1 fancy a fuk

over a year ago

I'm absolutely terrible at spelling but I don't think that means anything about me other than I can not spell.

I don't understand why people would be so put off by this to be honest. It's not my view but can understand people being put off by text speak as this can be seen as lazy.

(apologies for any mistakes in this post)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Any1 fancy a fuk "

No but I don't half fancy a bag of Minstrels.

over a year ago

If it's just a little bit while most of their text is fine then it's most likely typo phone suggestion error otherwise then yeah they can't spell for shit, especially the ones who prefer to use text language like "bbe, u, y, brb, lol, and so on"

over a year ago

I would rather read good a message full of spelling mistakes than a bad message spelt perfectly I think.

over a year ago

Do ppl that can spell fuck better then ppl that cant.... No

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am on my phone so sometimes i am speed typing

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My spelling is not great.. It's doesn't affect the way I fuck! My punctuations not always great either! I don't blame my dyslexia though.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Should we put up with it or not. (unless there is a genuine reason of course)"

No, they should be lined up and shot.

It bothers some and not others.

I'm in the not bothered camp as long as I can understand and get the gist of what they're saying.

Then I'm far from perfect, myself.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

"Yes we should a little tolerance goes a long way."

over a year ago

"Yes we should a little tolerance goes a long way.

"

My spelling is poor, I use google to spell a lot of words

By *ayd2pink OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

TENTERDEN

Ok ok, let me be clear. If someone can't spell but tries their best then that is all that you can ask.

If someone can spell but can't be bothered to check what they have written before sending then It would annoy me. Sorry but there it is.

over a year ago

"Ok ok, let me be clear. If someone can't spell but tries their best then that is all that you can ask.

If someone can spell but can't be bothered to check what they have written before sending then It would annoy me. Sorry but there it is."

How would you know the difference?

over a year ago

We truly don't care about spelling errors .

We are here to fuck , not judge people's ability to spell .

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

"Ok ok, let me be clear. If someone can't spell but tries their best then that is all that you can ask.

If someone can spell but can't be bothered to check what they have written before sending then It would annoy me. Sorry but there it is."

How would you know if it's laziness or that they have tried their best?

By *piritsonfabCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Oh dear. .. I'm in the "hate it" camp. .. but of course have to tolerate it as you can't force people to spell lol.

In a quick shag I don't care but in a relationship it would be important as it reveals a level of education/intelligence compatible (or not).

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/16 20:44:03]

over a year ago

How about the correct use of punctuation?

Glass houses. Lol.

over a year ago

My spelling is great. I just have big thumbs and a mobile phone. That and auto carrot tends to do its own thing once in a while.

By *ayd2pink OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

TENTERDEN

I think and you would too, that it is easy to spot a lazy speller by the general wording of their message. also it is easy to see when some people have a problem with spelling and I would ask then if that was the case and make no judgement. none of us are perfect least of all me. But do try my best and expect that in others.

Is this so wrong?

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Never mind bad spelling, I wish some folk could differentiate between 'am' and 'I'm'!

I was texting a friend earlier to determine whether she was coming out and she said "Didnt get home frm work til 340 am worn out so bed early as per". I interpreted that as she'd been working to 03:40 and only after questioning why she was working until the early hours of the morning did I determined she meant 3:40p.m!

A full stop, or comma, and a correct spelling would've prevented the furrowing of my brow.

over a year ago

"I would rather read good a message full of spelling mistakes than a bad message spelt perfectly I think. "

Me too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think and you would too, that it is easy to spot a lazy speller by the general wording of their message. also it is easy to see when some people have a problem with spelling and I would ask then if that was the case and make no judgement. none of us are perfect least of all me. But do try my best and expect that in others.

Is this so wrong?"

No it isn't wrong, the way you choose to view people is entirely right..for you.

By *its The Spot AlotMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

I find people who pick on others failings rude and a bully they try and distract people from their own deficiencies.

Look at their message content and who they are not how they spell !

over a year ago

Along side missing/incorrect punctuation?

?

By *layerzCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

I thought this was going to be about people that ponged and the title was a smelling mistake!

By *CCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Staines

Poor spelling isn't an issue. A lot of people have trouble getting things written down and most phones these days correct the words for you anyway. It's deliberate 'txt spk' that's annoying. It's lazy and a complete turn off for us.

By *inytitsbigcockCouple
over a year ago

glos

"Should we put up with it or not. (unless there is a genuine reason of course)

No, they should be lined up and shot.

It bothers some and not others.

I'm in the not bothered camp as long as I can understand and get the gist of what they're saying.

Then I'm far from perfect, myself.

"

over a year ago

"Yes we should a little tolerance goes a long way."

over a year ago

Judging peeple just by their spelling is abserlootly perfetic!!!! And to ask if we shud "tolerate it" just shows what kind of a persun you are really!!!

But, if I had a penny for everyone that spells "definitely" as "defiantly" I'd be able to afford Adult Ejakayshon in Inglish!!"

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

Does it matter how you spell etc stop judging as could be reason for it me terrible speller and writer so no shouldn't matter.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

It would never cross my mind to correct someone's spelling or make an issue of it in the forums.

However, in a private message, if it's riddled with spelling mistakes/text speak then it's an additional filter for me.

I haven't read the thread yet but I wonder how far in I'll get before dyslexia and Einstein are mentioned.

over a year ago

Genuine reason? Really? What's your idea for determing one's reasons? Will you be the judge, or will you form a special task group that will cancel threads when such group determines that reasons weren't genuine?

My spelling can be atrocious at times, however there are still good few that enjoyed my big cock, so cannot find any real connection betewee how I write and how I fuck...

over a year ago

Send 'em back to Hogwarts.

over a year ago

its the auto correct that mucks me up

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

Thought this was a swinging site not an English class

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Blocked a couple last night because all of a sudden they started "typing msgs lyk dis"

Total turn off and it's stated on our profile. We don't mind spelling mistakes, but text speak is lazy.

over a year ago

"Blocked a couple last night because all of a sudden they started "typing msgs lyk dis"

Total turn off and it's stated on our profile. We don't mind spelling mistakes, but text speak is lazy."

Agreed!

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"It would never cross my mind to correct someone's spelling or make an issue of it in the forums.

However, in a private message, if it's riddled with spelling mistakes/text speak then it's an additional filter for me.

I haven't read the thread yet but I wonder how far in I'll get before dyslexia and Einstein are mentioned. "

over a year ago

my wife is dyslexic, thats why it's always me on here (that don't mean she aint up for meeting)

over a year ago

I can spell and yet I choose not to go through my text as if I were back at school .......... Predicted text or human error WHATEVA!

I couldn't care less it's a swinging site I'm here to have fun!

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I hand them a test paper and if they don't get 75% correct then it's just a bj and not the full sexual experience

By *hrobinhoodMan
over a year ago

arnold, Nottingham

But who invented spelling anyway lol Knife with a K, Honestly who thought of that lol

over a year ago

"But who invented spelling anyway lol Knife with a K, Honestly who thought of that lol"

Knickers

Knockers

There's quite a few silent K's

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"But who invented spelling anyway lol Knife with a K, Honestly who thought of that lol"

A lot of the words we use today didn't always sound the way they do now, and most of them aren't even "English"

By *hrobinhoodMan
over a year ago

arnold, Nottingham

"But who invented spelling anyway lol Knife with a K, Honestly who thought of that lol

A lot of the words we use today didn't always sound the way they do now, and most of them aren't even "English""

Yes there isn't much logic to all the words, Their there etc etc why not just have 1 word for all as they sound the same, Grammar sucks lol

By *iforfun999Man
over a year ago

Haverfordwest

Incorrect spelling or messages written as they speak aren't an issue for me, but the lack of any full stops in a lengthy message without paragraphs, that doesn't help with a first impression.

Also, one word messages from new profiles without any photos or verifications seem to come from those who have very high expectations. I had one last week, out of the blue. It said:

meet

That's all, just 'meet'. Seriously? They expect to get somewhere with such literary skills?

By *iforfun999Man
over a year ago

Haverfordwest

"But who invented spelling anyway lol Knife with a K, Honestly who thought of that lol

A lot of the words we use today didn't always sound the way they do now, and most of them aren't even "English"

Yes there isn't much logic to all the words, Their there etc etc why not just have 1 word for all as they sound the same, Grammar sucks lol"

Slippery slope, when we change words to be more logical, spelling like they sound. The Americans have already done it. LOL

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/03/16 13:44:21]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 06/03/16 13:44:21]"

Removed for bad spelling

By *ayd2pink OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

TENTERDEN

It's clear I should have thought more about what I meant by my original post.

If you cannot spell or punctuate properly(me) then I have no problem with that.

It's the messages with glaring errors that haven't been read through and just sent as if some effort was not necessary to write to me that I find insulting.

May I remind anyone that would put me up against a wall and shoot me that the condemned always get a last request.

over a year ago

I think if the message is understandable it shouldn't be a problem but some put threads up criticising grammar,punctuation and spelling with the said errors in them, highlighting how easily done it is with fat fingers and long nails to make mistakes

over a year ago

I tend to speed type out of habit, I have a busy household with kids and animals so standing spelling every single word out is a pain when I have a 3yo shouting 'mummy, mummy, mummy' in my ear, what's the point when most txt speak is understood anyway, it's only a form communication

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"my wife is dyslexic, thats why it's always me on here (that don't mean she aint up for meeting)"

That's a totally different issue. Having had a dyslexic ex girlfriend, I find it fairly easy to tell the difference between dyslexic spelling and lazy spelling.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Of course put up with it. Language is there for communication, so as long as the meaning is clear there shouldn't be an issue.

Unless there's some kind of prejudice involved, or you have to be precise becasue[sic] of your profession.

Post new Message to Thread