Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

good looking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why do people ask to meet good looking people on their profile? is this not subjective? what I find attractive is not necessarily what others like and likewise, I may not feel I am very good looking and just an average person so I would not reply.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Beauty they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I would read their profile. Do you match their criteria? If you do, then by all means message. Nothing is guaranteed, but the odds will be greater. It'll be up to the person if they find you attractive.

One thing is certain, people often look better in person than in their pics and vice versa.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree looks are subjective, but i think it's to put off any guys who are definitely unattractive.

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"why do people ask to meet good looking people on their profile? is this not subjective? what I find attractive is not necessarily what others like and likewise, I may not feel I am very good looking and just an average person so I would not reply."

Of course its somewhat subjective, but in reality there is definitely a scale of attractiveness and most are aware of whether they are generally considered 'good looking' - I certainly look for people who consider themselves to be such

over a year ago

I ignore profiles that mention how good looking they think they are

I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

"I ignore profiles that mention how good looking they think they are

I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important "

This

Oh and your fit

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important "

So do you ignore me

over a year ago

I'm good looking - my mum said so!

over a year ago

I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important

So do you ignore me "

Who said that?

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

So do you ignore me

Who said that? "

Well I think I mention that I am considered attractive....

over a year ago

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

Well I think I mention that I am considered attractive.... "

I seriously didn't notice that,I'm going to read your profile

over a year ago

On a site like this in particular I think it can be difficult to get the right balance - coming across as confident without being arrogant!

I hope I manage it with humour - but then I know I'm far from 'all that'!

Horrible as it is - from early in childhood we are made aware by others where we stand on the 'looks scale' (though some of us obviously change as we get older).

If a guy asks for a certain type of person and I'm not sure I fit into that category I'll message anyway (unless he asks for huge tits! ). He can only say no - right??

over a year ago

i think when people say good looking they mean conventually good looking

of course good looking is subjective but there are some people that are just considered good looking by the masses rather than those who their gran told them they are good looking

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"I agree looks are subjective, but i think it's to put off any guys who are definitely unattractive."

Say's who? Is there a European Standard on this?

Makes me laugh when I look at some of the ladies requesting good looking men, as, to me, they look bloody fuggly!

over a year ago

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

I seriously didn't notice that,I'm going to read yourprofile"

Ok I see what you mean,that's not the sort of mention that I was referring to among a well written profile as opposed to other that have nothing much to say apart from how good looking they think they are,and how they think they would be doing anyone who meets them a favour

over a year ago

i consider myself good looking both dressed and not dressed, but do not advertise it as i think it can sometimes be a 2 bladed sword

over a year ago

"I agree looks are subjective, but i think it's to put off any guys who are definitely unattractive.

Say's who? Is there a European Standard on this?

Makes me laugh when I look at some of the ladies requesting good looking men, as, to me, they look bloody fuggly!"

Well no, there isn't a standard exactly, but people, and not all do of course, tend to know if they're attractive or not.

And yes unattractive women can pull good looking guys, it's part of the way this site is. I know i can pull way above my looks. Irl i get good looking guys, on here i can get stunning.

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

I seriously didn't notice that,I'm going to read yourprofile

Ok I see what you mean,that's not the sort of mention that I was referring to among a well written profile as opposed to other that have nothing much to say apart from how good looking they think they are,and how they think they would be doing anyone who meets them a favour

"

I'm glad it doesn't put you off as you know damn well how smitten I am with you Felicity! xx

over a year ago

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

I'm glad it doesn't put you off as you know damn well how smitten I am with you Felicity! xx"

Can anyone point me to the nearest bucket??

over a year ago

Yes it's subjective but people that say they are looking for good looking people will attract a certain type of person....ie someone who is perhaps easy on the eye and knows it. That shows an amount of confidence. That can be attractive to some....but there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. If you don't think you fit the bill then you probably don't as you will clearly lack that confidence.

over a year ago

I hate it when people (usually men) say they are fit and good looking...but oddly enough they never say they are only looking for similar traits in a female...

and when couples only want to meet attractive people...wtf!!

I think that's just plain rude...

over a year ago

"why do people ask to meet good looking people on their profile? is this not subjective? what I find attractive is not necessarily what others like and likewise, I may not feel I am very good looking and just an average person so I would not reply."
yes I agree its another un- thought out generalisation some find you very good looking and some don't you can't odds it so I don't and some women who are attractive and have very sexy arses are always putting themselves down ,I suppose putting it on profile though makes the person think am I attractive, if answer you give yourself is no then you don't message them

over a year ago

We are all attractive to some peole and not attractive some people it's that simple. People that think their gods gift to men/women make me laugh I think they live in a bubble... We all get knock backs that's life. People can't help what they find attractive we all have unique minds and everyone is different thank godd

over a year ago

This for me too. I find it extremely off putting when someone calls themselves good looking on their profile.

By *reenEyedWifeCouple
over a year ago

Market Harborough

"I hate it when people (usually men) say they are fit and good looking...but oddly enough they never say they are only looking for similar traits in a female...

"

With all due respect, I don't get why you think that's rude but it's okay to say you want to meet tall people? Or call yourself intelligent? Isn't it just at the end of the day we all have preferences ("attractive" "VWE" "tall" or "older") ?

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

I'm glad it doesn't put you off as you know damn well how smitten I am with you Felicity! xx

Can anyone point me to the nearest bucket?? "

Smitten with you too peach...but then I've had you so not trying so hard to woo

By *reenEyedWifeCouple
over a year ago

Market Harborough

"We are all attractive to some peole and not attractive some people it's that simple. People that think their gods gift to men/women make me laugh I think they live in a bubble... We all get knock backs that's life. People can't help what they find attractive we all have unique minds and everyone is different thank godd"

Exactly. Some people like BBW, some like thin, some like blonds, some brunettes, some like bald guys with big physique, some like slender guys - surely stating one's preferences is merely a way of reducing the number of responses by discouraging people that just aren't going to "work" and make them feel LESS rejected!?

I like a pretty boy but if he's got nothing to say it's not happening - likewise if a guy I find less attractive physically writes me an intelligent well thought out message that shows he gets what I'm looking for, he immediately becomes more "attractive" - beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder but it's also between the ears for a lot of us.

By *ackboy n JillyCouple
over a year ago

essex

A bar of soap is more important as beauty is only skin deep !

over a year ago

I no I'm not good looking....until I put my slap on then I'm bloody gawjus

By *a petite madameWoman
over a year ago

London / Essex

over a year ago

As others have said looks are subjective - I like smiley friendly eyes, a nice mouth and it's a huge cliche but people are SO much more attractive to me with a friendly welcoming nature

Some like blondes, some brunettes, some like size 8, others size 18 .. someone out there will find you attractive no matter what

over a year ago

I know what other people consider good looking and I also know it often does nothing for me. People can describe themselves or the people they're looking for in whatever terms they want; it's for me to decide whether to bother engaging with their profile.

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"I know what other people consider good looking and I also know it often does nothing for me. People can describe themselves or the people they're looking for in whatever terms they want; it's for me to decide whether to bother engaging with their profile. "

I know I find your bum a thing of pure beauty!

over a year ago

Well I think we all have a pretty good handle on how conventionally good looking we are... I know we each like different things, but by mainstream standards I think there's a benchmark

over a year ago

So do you ignore me

Who said that?

Can anyone point me to the nearest bucket??

Smitten with you too peach...but then I've had you so not trying so hard to woo "

I think you're smitten with every hot woman on fab my lovely! - and why the hell not - I'm rather partial to all the hot men on here!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/03/16 14:22:09]

over a year ago

I have a face only a mother could love... and a great body for working in radio haha

over a year ago

What some might think is good looking, we might think it is average.

over a year ago

If you dont love yourself no one else will

over a year ago

I like good looking men, can't remember if it's still on my profile but it used to be.

I think I'm attractive so why not look for attractive men

over a year ago

"If you dont love yourself no one else will "

My left hand loves me

over a year ago

If you send a picture of yourself with a message on here you fancy yourself anyway. Well thats what ive been told

over a year ago

I've never considered myself to be "good looking" although not ugly. But I've been told plenty of times on here that I'm pretty....

...are they just saying that to get in my knickers?

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

Sometimes I dunno where I fall on the scale of attraction as it's a subjective factor, but am flattered by what people leave on my veris, but then again people say stuff all the time, what you choose to believe is up to you.

I have a wide scale of what I find attractive in a person appearance wise, I've been told I don't have a specific type.

By *ruegent101Man
over a year ago

down by the river side

Exactly this

over a year ago

"I hate it when people (usually men) say they are fit and good looking...but oddly enough they never say they are only looking for similar traits in a female...

With all due respect, I don't get why you think that's rude but it's okay to say you want to meet tall people? Or call yourself intelligent? Isn't it just at the end of the day we all have preferences ("attractive" "VWE" "tall" or "older") ? "

yes but the question is define attractive

over a year ago

"Sometimes I dunno where I fall on the scale of attraction as it's a subjective factor, but am flattered by what people leave on my veris, but then again people say stuff all the time, what you choose to believe is up to you.

I have a wide scale of what I find attractive in a person appearance wise, I've been told I don't have a specific type."

To my eyes you are stunning

over a year ago

"Sometimes I dunno where I fall on the scale of attraction as it's a subjective factor, but am flattered by what people leave on my veris, but then again people say stuff all the time, what you choose to believe is up to you.

I have a wide scale of what I find attractive in a person appearance wise, I've been told I don't have a specific type."

Tbh I take little notice of what I'm told on here love. If I believed all my messages/veris then I'm the most stunning woman who's ever walked the planet - which is total and utter bollocks obviously!

I think it's better to go by what people tell you/the attention you get in the real world! If people in the real world tell you you're attractive - when they're not expecting you to drop your knickers for the compliment - then it's safe to assume you're attractive!

That's how I see it anyway - but I'm sure some will disagree! Xx

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

I have a wide scale of what I find attractive in a person appearance wise, I've been told I don't have a specific type.

Tbh I take little notice of what I'm told on here love. If I believed all my messages/veris then I'm the most stunning woman who's ever walked the planet - which is total and utter bollocks obviously!

I think it's better to go by what people tell you/the attention you get in the real world! If people in the real world tell you you're attractive - when they're not expecting you to drop your knickers for the compliment - then it's safe to assume you're attractive!

That's how I see it anyway - but I'm sure some will disagree! Xx"

That's true, but doesn't count when it comes from mum

over a year ago

no can see the sense in that statement x

over a year ago

That's true, but doesn't count when it comes from mum "

Nah - mum's know best!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I must be seriously ugly if that's the case. I very, very rarely get attention from men or told I'm attractive in everyday life. Then to be fair, (or to make myself feel better) I don't actively encourage it either.

over a year ago

"I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important"

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

""I don't care whether they think they are,It's whether I think they are that's more important"

"

This

over a year ago

With all due respect, I don't get why you think that's rude but it's okay to say you want to meet tall people? Or call yourself intelligent? Isn't it just at the end of the day we all have preferences ("attractive" "VWE" "tall" or "older") ? "

because I am also a tall person..just saves me having to beat off all the short people with a big stick

and I would like to be able to converse with someone as well as have them fuck my brains out

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

I must be seriously ugly if that's the case. I very, very rarely get attention from men or told I'm attractive in everyday life. Then to be fair, (or to make myself feel better) I don't actively encourage it either. "

I get more compliments from women in real life than men, but when summer rolls around, men get cheekier.

over a year ago

^^^^ bloomin gorgeous !!!!....just my type....

over a year ago

Couldn't agree more xx

over a year ago

Aim way above what you consider is your level, punch way above your weight, gorgeous, beautiful people can be very lonely and need some comfort and company, john st like the rest of us...I'm banking on it to work....some day!

over a year ago

When I read profiles which say "we want to play with good looking people" I assume they mean slim/fit, hollywood beautiful people.

Which Isn't me lol so I generally just move on to the next profile.

over a year ago

I have nothing to add to this conversation.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

In answer to the OP, it is totally subjective. But there are some people on here who know they fit the general criteria of what is considered good looking who may then contact that profile. I wouldn't for various reasons (not the least of which is that I have a quirky sense of aesthetic attraction in others so can only assume I have the same view of myself) but if someone is on here and wants the pretty, gorgeous boys and girls then there are plenty to be found I am sure.

over a year ago

I can't explain even to myself what it is about a face that I find attractive. Sure, it had elements of being pretty, but it's so much more: it's the look in the eyes, the curve of the lips and the deviant mind making them work.

By *ssexcokMan
over a year ago

southend

Im definitely no model. was even told once im ugly on a first date so i just avoid them people on here.

over a year ago

"Im definitely no model. was even told once im ugly on a first date so i just avoid them people on here."

There's just never a need for anyone to say something like that

By *ssexcokMan
over a year ago

southend

"Im definitely no model. was even told once im ugly on a first date so i just avoid them people on here.

There's just never a need for anyone to say something like that "

I just think some people are just rude maybe thy dont realise thy are

over a year ago

Everybody is different but everybody out there has someone who fancies them I'm like Shrek but not gonna lose sleep cos I'm no supermodel that's me ya like me or lump me lol were all beautiful

By *reenEyedWifeCouple
over a year ago

Market Harborough

"yes but the question is define attractive "

Um...no actually it wasn't:

"why do people ask to meet good looking people on their profile? is this not subjective? what I find attractive is not necessarily what others like and likewise, I may not feel I am very good looking and just an average person so I would not reply. "

Post new Message to Thread