Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Ratio of messages to replies

Jump to newest

By *ldestswingerintown OP   Man
over a year ago

Lancaster

I think I'm going to start keeping a record of the number of messages I send out and the number of replies I get! This could lead on to testing all sorts of experimental variables, eg message type (a full message or a "fancy a fuck?" one), distance from person listing, etc. There's an MSc thesis in this, I think! At the moment I think I'm running at about 100 messages sent for each reply!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I reckon for every 20 messages I might send out over a week or two, I'll get 1 reply. Maybe 2.

Usually nothing tbh. Thing is I'm not pushy, not rude, not demanding, jut a general intro, and I still get blanked haha.

over a year ago

It would be very interesting to do this, actually.

When we send out messages to meet people I think our overall ratio is probably 7 replies for every 10 messages sent. Couples almost always reply, even with a no thanks, women are about 5/10, and men are about every 4/10. We just usually message couples more, thus the higher ratio.

It would be interesting to see how each group's reply ratio varies for each respective group messaging them, though

-Courtney

By *rincesscaracoupleCouple
over a year ago

Saltburn

The problem here could be that the vast majority do not read the profiles correctly before sending a message. Our profile warns single men not to direct their message to the female only, yet probably 90% still do. Therefore they don't get a reply.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"I think I'm going to start keeping a record of the number of messages I send out and the number of replies I get! This could lead on to testing all sorts of experimental variables, eg message type (a full message or a "fancy a fuck?" one), distance from person listing, etc. There's an MSc thesis in this, I think! At the moment I think I'm running at about 100 messages sent for each reply!"

Be prepared for even more disappointing results than you've already had....

over a year ago

Interesting. I tend not to send lots of mail out to 'new people' but when I do I try and be selective and focussed.

Most of my PMs now are with friends or acquaintances on here and I'd say I probably get 9 out of 10 replied to, probably more.

Every now and then some will go unanswered.

But I guess if I was hitting up lots of women or couples with the intention to meet that ratio would probably fall drastically.

But only 1 in a 100 getting a reply? That seems harsh and I would suspect there must be something in how you're messaging or what you're saying OP?

over a year ago

Every 100 messages? 20 a week?

How can you find some many people you'd like to message?

I think I've probably only sent around 10 to non forum users in the last year and well over half replied positively.

over a year ago

My ratio is roughly 100:1

Always read profile and always personally typed.

Seems i must only be a massive dick.

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

I find couples are more likely to respond.. even if it is the lady from the couple with a no thanks

By *lueeyedboy1965Man
over a year ago

southport/Birkdale

Not many don't know why, I'm polite not rude and respectful

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

I get zero replies

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I've been on the site 5 years and I'd be surprised if I've messaged 100 different women

over a year ago

"Every 100 messages? 20 a week?

How can you find some many people you'd like to message?

I think I've probably only sent around 10 to non forum users in the last year and well over half replied positively."

I mentioned similar on another thread recently. Some people seem to message anyone and everyone in the hope of a reply and wonder why it doesn't work.

When I was meeting on here someone once said that my profile would put 90% of people off but that the other 10% would be really keen on meeting me, that was never deliberate but it certainly paid dividends. I messaged nowhere near that amount of profiles some people do but targetting people that match what you want works

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Reading between the lines here a lot of guys seem to try the scatter gun approach which is why the ratio is so low, also reading between the lines there is prbably a lot of copy/paste emails which I am sure people can see..

Surely its better to read the persons profile that you intend to message and make a personal reply to that person.

I know guys will say they do, and as a

guy I would also like to say that it would be nice from the people receiving these hundreds of mails daily, that if not interested just a quick note saying "sorry not interested" would be gratefully rec'd.

just my two penneth..

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Reading between the lines here a lot of guys seem to try the scatter gun approach which is why the ratio is so low, also reading between the lines there is prbably a lot of copy/paste emails which I am sure people can see..

Surely its better to read the persons profile that you intend to message and make a personal reply to that person.

I know guys will say they do, and as a

guy I would also like to say that it would be nice from the people receiving these hundreds of mails daily, that if not interested just a quick note saying "sorry not interested" would be gratefully rec'd.

just my two penneth.. "

It's not at all clear from what you've written whether you do read the profiles before messaging or that you're just saying you do..

As for no replies..you should know well by now that no reply = no thanks...come on!

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

No I do read profiles and am quite selective who i message.

Still a no is still nice

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I stopped messaging altogether because I could hardly get a reply. Pointless. Thinking about starting back up again so I'll have to see how it goes.

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

Hmmmm I get a reply every time. I don't have a problem with replying to messages either, even if it's a no. Why leave people dangling? if you don't tell them then they're unsure if you are interested or not. Just bloody reply and everyone knows what the deal is. It's not that bloody taxing really.

over a year ago

I get a few but theyre only interested in sex Ha .

over a year ago

We personally write every message, read everyone's profile and ours is about 70:1

over a year ago

I only message women ,occasionally couples who come at me via forums so I would say my ratio for women I regularly speak to is now 100% for new women 1 in 10 replies and couples that first contact me 90%

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Hmmmm I get a reply every time. I don't have a problem with replying to messages either, even if it's a no. Why leave people dangling? if you don't tell them then they're unsure if you are interested or not. Just bloody reply and everyone knows what the deal is. It's not that bloody taxing really."

Clearly you've not read the many many posts on here where woman point out just how many messages they get to which it would take many hours to reply. I've seen this when I was in a couple on here a while ago and it is unbelievable..

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

When I joined the site I proactively messaged far more profiles, the response I'd guess was maybe 20%..

I rarely message proactively these days, when I do I'd guess about 1/2 reply.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 19:27:55]

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"When I joined the site I proactively messaged far more profiles, the response I'd guess was maybe 20%..

I rarely message proactively these days, when I do I'd guess about 1/2 reply. "

So let's get this straight....the response rate to your messages has more than doubled since you started...?

Really?

over a year ago

"I reckon for every 20 messages I might send out over a week or two, I'll get 1 reply. Maybe 2.

Usually nothing tbh. Thing is I'm not pushy, not rude, not demanding, jut a general intro, and I still get blanked haha. "

About the same here.

over a year ago

"So let's get this straight....the response rate to your messages has more than doubled since you started...?

Really?"

I would say mine has easily.

I don't think it's too difficult to get to grips with things.

over a year ago

"I think I'm going to start keeping a record of the number of messages I send out and the number of replies I get! This could lead on to testing all sorts of experimental variables, eg message type (a full message or a "fancy a fuck?" one), distance from person listing, etc. There's an MSc thesis in this, I think! At the moment I think I'm running at about 100 messages sent for each reply!"

Duly accredited by Sydney University I presume?

Your citations list would be entertaining!

over a year ago

we got lots message us..

problem is, they don't read our profile first..

most of questions asked are already listed.

so we just copy and paste our profile write up back to them.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"When I joined the site I proactively messaged far more profiles, the response I'd guess was maybe 20%..

So let's get this straight....the response rate to your messages has more than doubled since you started...?

Really?"

Yep.. .. I send very few messages to new contacts now.. if it's one a month I'd be surprised, when I joined it was a muchless targeted approach.. hence the lower response ..

over a year ago

I have just had to say on my update to please stop message me because I cant answer them all.

over a year ago

I would say one in ten messages gets a reply depending on the subject matter, if its just general chat then the odds are normally better but if its a message to find out if the other person would be interested in meeting then the odds a far, far lower, say one in 30.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Really?

Ah ok.

Yep.. .. I send very few messages to new contacts now.. if it's one a month I'd be surprised, when I joined it was a muchless targeted approach.. hence the lower response .. "

Ah ok.

I hadn't appreciated you were sending so few now, as indeed am I with a similar jump in proportionate response rate

Post new Message to Thread