Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What's with the essays??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all. Don't mean to sound like a miserable git, but what's the deal with women literally writing essays, paragraph after paragraph in their bio's?

I understand people want to get across what they like, enjoy, and I totally get wanting to be clear, but Christ it's draining reading so much guff.

Surely a short, clear bio says a lot, mixed in with your likes, age preferences etc, it's pretty much covered.

Maybe I need more patience?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Yes you do.

It's because they get messages from people who aren't suited to them so they HAVE to spell it out.

Sadly I'm not sure if it works because if you're thinking with your genitals you're not gonna read the bio anyway.

Surely you can spare a few more seconds to read some extra text?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you find long foreplay equally draining?

over a year ago

Thing is mate, with some it's not a few seconds, it's streams of writing. Just seems well OTT to me.

I agree what you're saying in people must get a lot of nonsense sent though. I get that.

over a year ago

"Do you find long foreplay equally draining? "

My favourite thing actually. Love a good buildup

over a year ago

I'm thinking foreplay doesn't come into it.

over a year ago

We have a longer profile than I would like, but when I consider what to remove I think to myself "surely it's better that they know that before messaging?!" and so nothing gets removed.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"We have a longer profile than I would like, but when I consider what to remove I think to myself "surely it's better that they know that before messaging?!" and so nothing gets removed.

-Courtney "

Yea I fully get that actually.

Maybe I haven't taken into account how many odd balls and people with no decorum can access these sites.

Maybe I'm just to normal and don't expect to be reading so many 'rules' haha

over a year ago

Because we try in our own optimistic little way to save people who are completely not who we want to meet the bother of wasting a message and also to wave a little beacon of clarity in the general direction of those who do suit us in the hope that the feeling is mutual.

However, as rather a number appear to fail to read my profile I'd be just as well placed to change it to "blonde, big tits, long legs, fanny - drop me a line" or maybe the highly inviting "will fill in later".

over a year ago

"Because we try in our own optimistic little way to save people who are completely not who we want to meet the bother of wasting a message and also to wave a little beacon of clarity in the general direction of those who do suit us in the hope that the feeling is mutual.

However, as rather a number appear to fail to read my profile I'd be just as well placed to change it to "blonde, big tits, long legs, fanny - drop me a line" or maybe the highly inviting "will fill in later". "

Haha that did make me laugh.

Understandable.

By *ohn MingoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Because we try in our own optimistic little way to save people who are completely not who we want to meet the bother of wasting a message and also to wave a little beacon of clarity in the general direction of those who do suit us in the hope that the feeling is mutual.

However, as rather a number appear to fail to read my profile I'd be just as well placed to change it to "blonde, big tits, long legs, fanny - drop me a line" or maybe the highly inviting "will fill in later". "

To be fair, they're great tits!

over a year ago

However, as rather a number appear to fail to read my profile I'd be just as well placed to change it to "blonde, big tits, long legs, fanny - drop me a line" or maybe the highly inviting "will fill in later".

To be fair, they're great tits!"

Unreal mate

over a year ago

"Do you find long foreplay equally draining?

My favourite thing actually. Love a good buildup "

A little effort goes a long way

over a year ago

A little effort goes a long way "

To be honest that's one of my biggest turn ons. If I see my partner getting turned on, it turns me on massively. I'm more about giving than taking, but of course I wouldn't fight you off

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Depends if it is well written and interesting;

The ones that turn into long lists of "don'ts" and (sometimes "dos") are boring;

But something funny and/or intruiging is great;

But there are also great, simple, intruiging ones too.

over a year ago

It doesn't matter how much you write, the majority of people still don't read it . Mine is short and to the point and it doesn't make any difference

over a year ago

"The ones that turn into long lists of "don'ts" and (sometimes "dos") are boring"

These are the ones I'm kind of getting st mate. It's like bloody hell turn it in

over a year ago

"It doesn't matter how much you write, the majority of people still don't read it . Mine is short and to the point and it doesn't make any difference "

I'd like to be able to give you some feedback but your profiles hidden

By *orthwest_cplCouple
over a year ago

Stretford

"We have a longer profile than I would like, but when I consider what to remove I think to myself "surely it's better that they know that before messaging?!" and so nothing gets removed.

-Courtney "

We have the same problem - what do you remove?

over a year ago

Brilliant!

over a year ago

"It doesn't matter how much you write, the majority of people still don't read it . Mine is short and to the point and it doesn't make any difference

Yep I've hidden it for now .... been stood up six times on the trot so I've had a gut full of idiots for the time being

"

over a year ago

"It doesn't matter how much you write, the majority of people still don't read it . Mine is short and to the point and it doesn't make any difference

Yep I've hidden it for now .... been stood up six times on the trot so I've had a gut full of idiots for the time being

"

Damn. Other's spoiling it for us good guys

over a year ago

"Hi all. Don't mean to sound like a miserable git, but what's the deal with women literally writing essays, paragraph after paragraph in their bio's?

I understand people want to get across what they like, enjoy, and I totally get wanting to be clear, but Christ it's draining reading so much guff.

Surely a short, clear bio says a lot, mixed in with your likes, age preferences etc, it's pretty much covered.

Maybe I need more patience? "

No one has to read mine!

I don't meet the majority of people who message me - so as I see it the least I can do is give the poor guys a bloody good giggle - which is what my profile is for!

Oh - and it has some pretty pictures too!

The only thing it's missing is a colouring in sheet!

over a year ago

"Hi all. Don't mean to sound like a miserable git, but what's the deal with women literally writing essays, paragraph after paragraph in their bio's?

No one has to read mine!

I don't meet the majority of people who message me - so as I see it the least I can do is give the poor guys a bloody good giggle - which is what my profile is for!

The only thing it's missing is a colouring in sheet! "

See peach. Your pics are fantastic, and you're hot but again yours is the classic example of what I'm referring to. I just wouldn't have the patience or desire to get through all that. That's no reflection on you, it's on me of course, but it's just a little bug bear of mine.

As k say. Great pics though

over a year ago

To be honest that's one of my biggest turn ons. If I see my partner getting turned on, it turns me on massively. I'm more about giving than taking, but of course I wouldn't fight you off "

Was referring to the reading of profiles.. But OK

over a year ago

To be honest that's one of my biggest turn ons. If I see my partner getting turned on, it turns me on massively. I'm more about giving than taking, but of course I wouldn't fight you off

Was referring to the reading of profiles.. But OK "

Oh haha

over a year ago

I woulden't mind reading a long profile from a lady who sparks my interest as I would then love to know every bit about her and what she's seeking on here. Saves having to ask too meny questions which may bore her.

And the list of Do's and Don't makes it easer on the eye to read too

over a year ago

No one has to read mine!

See peach. Your pics are fantastic, and you're hot but again yours is the classic example of what I'm referring to. I just wouldn't have the patience or desire to get through all that. That's no reflection on you, it's on me of course, but it's just a little bug bear of mine.

As k say. Great pics though "

Yeah op - but I don't EXPECT anyone to read it - and I say that pretty clearly right near the top!

It was written purely as an antidote to all the demanding and unfriendly profiles guys have to trawl through!

I only expect guys to read it if we agree to meet because

A) - I'd rather they know I'm far from perfect undressed so they're not disappointed and

B) they need to be aware that I'm as mad as a hatter!

Guys who aren't up for lots of giggles as well as a great shag aren't for me!

over a year ago

No one has to read mine!

The only thing it's missing is a colouring in sheet! "

You were completely who sprang to mind when I saw this thread, nearly risked naming and shaming you as a bonkers literary genius. I am thinking of putting your profile forward for this year's Man Booker Prize, albeit that's fiction. Mwah.

over a year ago

over a year ago

No one has to read mine!

You were completely who sprang to mind when I saw this thread, nearly risked naming and shaming you as a bonkers literary genius. I am thinking of putting your profile forward for this year's Man Booker Prize, albeit that's fiction. Mwah. "

But mine's fiction too!

I'm really an octogenarian called Albert with a dodgy hip!

Shhhh - tell no-one!

over a year ago

I only get put off by long profiles where they are long negative lists of gripes or things the person doesn't want. It makes me think they're a right grumpy bastard so even if I match all of their preferences perfectly I'll give them a miss. Never understand why people who are so affronted by messages from the wrong 'type' don't just put the filters up and go messaging themselves.

over a year ago

I don't know about long profiles but if the pics tickle our fancy , and the preferences match , that works for us

over a year ago

"I only get put off by long profiles where they are long negative lists of gripes or things the person doesn't want. It makes me think they're a right grumpy bastard so even if I match all of their preferences perfectly I'll give them a miss. Never understand why people who are so affronted by messages from the wrong 'type' don't just put the filters up and go messaging themselves. "

Fair point that and I agree. Mines just short and sweet tbh.

over a year ago

"I don't know about long profiles but if the pics tickle our fancy , and the preferences match , that works for us "

Same!

over a year ago

I get what your saying OP, I've seen the profiles where it seems like war and peace written down. But I can understand why people see the need, I'm always getting friend requests from people and offers from men to suck my cock which is listed on our profile as no no's

over a year ago

I'm pretty good at skim reading so it doesn't bother me, but I still just go straight for the pictures.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Damn. Other's spoiling it for us good guys "

Classic... You can't be bothered reading someone's profile ... Yet you're one of the good guys...

Op if the profile is one you don't like it's served it's purpose it's a filter in itself .. both for the owner and the reader.

Mine is a long profile, it sums me up pretty well those that read it find out about me, it either illicits interest or doesn't.

over a year ago

OP firstly you have choice in this, you don't have to read them.

I'm not bothered what people put in their profiles. I see it pointless to constantly update the profile because of one random message received.

I haven't updated our profile text for years, in fact it was Mr Iconic that wrote it. If o get a message I don't like, I just ignore it, I'm not rushing to my profile to update yet another 'dont'.

By *r H and Good PetCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I try to keep mine as short as possible.

But I totally understand how long ones come about because after a spate of (e.g) guys asking me for car sex, or sub guys, I'm like "I can't be bothered to type "I don't do car sex" over and over and over" and so I add it to my people.

I can imagine the above happening x50 over the course of a year or whatever, that results in an "essay" like profile.

But I totally think it's anyone's prerogative to include as much or as little in their profile as they want, if they don't want to be repeating themselves in messages. Lol

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Damn. Other's spoiling it for us good guys "

Nah!

You make your own luck and prospects on here...it's got nothing to do with how others behave..

By *r H and Good PetCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

*add it to my profile.

ffs auto-correct

over a year ago

Nobody is forcing you to read them...

over a year ago

I have been told mine is an "essay" or that "you can't expect a guy to read all that". They are absolutely right - I do not expect someone with poor reading skills to waste their and my time. However, they still send me their incomprehensible messages. IMO, it is indeed a reflection on them, not me. They all get blocked, and I meet those who can communicate on a decent level. Win-win.

over a year ago

Classic... You can't be bothered reading someone's profile ... Yet you're one of the good guys...

Op if the profile is one you don't like it's served it's purpose it's a filter in itself .. both for the owner and the reader.

Mine is a long profile, it sums me up pretty well those that read it find out about me, it either illicits interest or doesn't. "

Calm down

over a year ago

"I have been told mine is an "essay" or that "you can't expect a guy to read all that". They are absolutely right - I do not expect someone with poor reading skills to waste their and my time. However, they still send me their incomprehensible messages. IMO, it is indeed a reflection on them, not me. They all get blocked, and I meet those who can communicate on a decent level. Win-win."

Same - I'd rather hold out for the one guy that bothered to read mine, than meet just anyone.

over a year ago

By *exymatcplMan
over a year ago

doncaster

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Mine is a long profile, it sums me up pretty well those that read it find out about me, it either illicits interest or doesn't.

Calm down "

You were the one stating you needed more patience,

I posted a point of view... If you don't like their profile chances are you'll not get on..

Their profile their choices .. same as yours.

..if you were a 'good guy' you'd read the profiles rather than get bored.. They inform you of what the other person is looking for ...saves wasting time messaging those that aren't suited....

Where's shag... He's got a lot of patience.. you might borrow some of his.

over a year ago

"I try to keep mine as short as possible.

But I totally understand how long ones come about because after a spate of (e.g) guys asking me for car sex, or sub guys, I'm like "I can't be bothered to type "I don't do car sex" over and over and over" and so I add it to my people.

I can imagine the above happening x50 over the course of a year or whatever, that results in an "essay" like profile.

But I totally think it's anyone's prerogative to include as much or as little in their profile as they want, if they don't want to be repeating ythemselves in messages. Lol"

Very true

over a year ago

Calm down

You were the one stating you needed more patience,

I posted a point of view... If you don't like their profile chances are you'll not get on..

Their profile their choices .. same as yours.

..if you were a 'good guy' you'd read the profiles rather than get bored.. They inform you of what the other person is looking for ...saves wasting time messaging those that aren't suited....

Where's shag... He's got a lot of patience.. you might borrow some of his. "

Yea ok

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

-Courtney "

Same. Mine needs a major rewrite.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Length is important...

By *ichpickingsMan
over a year ago

London and Essex

My profile is long (probably too long)... and I'm a guy!

Anyway, I find longer profiles to be more efficient. They are more likely to clearly set out what someone is looking for, so you get a good idea if you don't meet their criteria... in which case, you move along. Although I guess in reality, some chumps will message anybody, regardless...

Also, well written profiles can be genuinely amusing. I've seen some real crackers!

By *otgirl32Woman
over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

You need more patience, an intramuscular injection of "sensible" in your gluteus and an understanding of the fact that while everyone here is looking for sex, for many of us even "no-strings" sex is way more enjoyable when you know your partner and your partner knows you. If that doesn't make sense to you then consider the difference between NHS (patience required) and BUPA (patience not required but payment required) and then subsitute "NHS" for swinging and "BUPA" for brothel.

Gail

over a year ago

It is just a matter of personal preference, OP, but we prefer meeting people with reading and communication skills.

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

I find men, on the whole, go straight for the pictures while women like information. I know I do.

Mine is of a reasonable readable length (well I think so) to sort out potential matches. I'm an acquired taste

over a year ago

"It is just a matter of personal preference, OP, but we prefer meeting people with reading and communication skills."

Don't we all. Some are just Zzzzzz

Some are not. Simple as that really.

over a year ago

You need more patience, an intramuscular injection of "sensible" in your gluteus and an understanding of the fact that while everyone here is looking for sex, for many of us even "no-strings" sex is way more enjoyable when you know your partner and your partner knows you. If that doesn't make sense to you then consider the difference between NHS (patience required) and BUPA (patience not required but payment required) and then subsitute "NHS" for swinging and "BUPA" for brothel.

Gail"

Speaking my language lady.

over a year ago

"OP firstly you have choice in this, you don't have to read them.

I'm not bothered what people put in their profiles. I see it pointless to constantly update the profile because of one random message received.

I haven't updated our profile text for years, in fact it was Mr Iconic that wrote it. If o get a message I don't like, I just ignore it, I'm not rushing to my profile to update yet another 'dont'. "

Amen to that, I'd rather just delete another message than make myself sound like a mardy tosser because of every unsuitable one I've ever received.

over a year ago

"It is just a matter of personal preference, OP, but we prefer meeting people with reading and communication skills.

Don't we all. Some are just Zzzzzz

Some are not. Simple as that really. "

Then ignore the boring ones and enjoy the good ones. I am afraid that I am failing to see the point of your post.

By *aven QueenWoman
over a year ago

Putney

Gail"

over a year ago

yes think you need more patience if a little thing like the profile is freaking you out then messaging without reply is going to be a nightmare

over a year ago

Personally I like to read a profile as it tells me whether I would be of interest to that person or couple.

Admittedly the ones with lots of demands can be a bit galling, but I just pass them by. It only takes a few minutes at the most to read a profile. Far better than many that say 'will fill in later' or 'female looking for a man for fun times' which tells you absolutely nothing.

But then my profile is quite long too. Those that get bored reading it would probably bore me anyway. Another filter.

over a year ago

I keep mine longish and sometimes i add more to it.

Its saves having to repeat everything time after time.

And if the guy chooses not to read it, then he isnt worth my time either.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I'd much rather a detailed profile than a couple of lines that tells me next to nothing about what they want and are looking for.

over a year ago

Best profiles are definitely

Fill in later

We love them

over a year ago

"I'm pretty good at skim reading so it doesn't bother me, but I still just go straight for the pictures. "

The logic behind my profile...

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

more to the point does he bother with it!!!! lol

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Best profiles are definitely

Fill in later

We love them "

usually written at least a year earlier too!!! lol

over a year ago

No one has to read mine!

As k say. Great pics though "

Says it all about how you avtually view the women on here. Can't be bothered to read the profile, just want to check out the pictures

Do you think women who choose to write a longh profile want to meet men who can;t even be bothered to spend a few minutes reading a profile?

over a year ago

"I'm pretty good at skim reading so it doesn't bother me, but I still just go straight for the pictures.

The logic behind my profile...

"

I was kind of joking...

...I don't even bother skim reading.

over a year ago

-Courtney "

leave it. It's fine.. Fair bit of text but laid out really well

over a year ago

"Personally I like to read a profile as it tells me whether I would be of interest to that person or couple.

Admittedly the ones with lots of demands can be a bit galling, but I just pass them by. It only takes a few minutes at the most to read a profile. Far better than many that say 'will fill in later' or 'female looking for a man for fun times' which tells you absolutely nothing.

But then my profile is quite long too. Those that get bored reading it would probably bore me anyway. Another filter."

You sir have just spoken a lot of sense that all single men should understand

over a year ago

I put my profile In bullet points

over a year ago

If a long profile doesn't grab your interest then just move on. A profile should reflect someone's personality and if your not attracted to that........

Personally I love reading them so I can see what, if anything, we have in common.

over a year ago

My profile has been called an essay before now, but that was a married guy who obviously hadn't even read the first line!

Just read it through and had a think about whether I could cut it down a bit but actually I wan't everything I have said in it so I think it will stay the same for now

over a year ago

-Courtney leave it. It's fine.. Fair bit of text but laid out really well"

fair bit of text and does the job well i should have said.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 20:11:55]

over a year ago

"I keep mine longish and sometimes i add more to it.

Its saves having to repeat everything time after time.

And if the guy chooses not to read it, then he isnt worth my time either.

"

My profile is massive...but if a guy can't be arsed or isn't literate enough to spend 5 minutes reading to the bottom of it then he has no right to complain when I ignore his message.

I don't even show any pretty pics in public yet I still attract exactly the type of meets I want, so my epic works perfectly for me.

How on earth the OP expects women to jump into bed with him when he is unwilling to make any more than minimal effort is astounding!

over a year ago

I have fuck all profile, and have never really had much on it, on this profile or my last one. It works absolutely fine in attracting the people I want to attract and always has done.

over a year ago

theyre just pretentious

over a year ago

I can't stand long essay type profiles and I can spend a couple of hours on foreplay with a man

over a year ago

If you get bored reading it you're not compatible.

Post new Message to Thread