FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Should FAB have a name and shame section ?

Jump to newest

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

We are fed up with alleged single guys / couples that message arrange a meet then go offline and come back on 12/24 hours later with the most pathetic excuse, we've had "Fell asleep" "Got called into work" "Forgot" and "Had to babysit for sister". Is it us or should fab have a name and shame list ?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No it shouldn't in my opinion. I could name and shame you and there's not a darn thing you could do about it.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Let's be honest here. An unofficial name and shame list already exists.

We pass names around our trusted friends on fab. People to avoid, fakes etc.

They in turn pass us info.

Fab moderators are not involved but it is the only way to protect ourselves.

It is not perfect but in the absence of any alternative we will go with it.

Reply privately

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

No.

But I will tell my friends not to bother with xxx because they didn't bother turning up, I mean proper friends not ppl on my friends list.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"No it shouldn't in my opinion. I could name and shame you and there's not a darn thing you could do about it."

I agree, too open to abuse.

I've had one no show and 2 cancel this weekend. It's how Fab is sometimes. I'm not concerned enough to bother.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"No.

But I will tell my friends not to bother with xxx because they didn't bother turning up, I mean proper friends not ppl on my friends list."

This too

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Nobody has ever advised us to avoid somebody Blimey I had no idea that even went on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just block them, and all the fake profiles they make to contact you with later.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it would get abused... and people are entitled to change their minds right up til the last minute, not timewasting.. timewasters are if they dont appear with no reason or excuse

Reply privately

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"We are fed up with alleged single guys / couples that message arrange a meet then go offline and come back on 12/24 hours later with the most pathetic excuse, we've had "Fell asleep" "Got called into work" "Forgot" and "Had to babysit for sister". Is it us or should fab have a name and shame list ? "

how would it work as you did not turn up last week

ok a lie but you see the problem

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes! Dirtygirl is to sexy to be a mod!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It already sais no in the rules lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I had a lot of no shows or whatever I'd look at myself first, there's plenty of ways to establish fakes from real, time wasters from genuine etc.

Plus, one version of the same story can differ a lot, I don't think it's fair to have a name and shame.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's a good idea, but a better idea could be a rating system, which would allow members to redeem themselves.

For example everyone starts with a 100% rating, then for every report against that person the percentage drops, but over time of active participation if no bad reports the members score can start to move back up the ranking.

Gives everyone the opportunity to have a bad spell yet allow them to make it right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We are fed up with alleged single guys / couples that message arrange a meet then go offline and come back on 12/24 hours later with the most pathetic excuse, we've had "Fell asleep" "Got called into work" "Forgot" and "Had to babysit for sister". Is it us or should fab have a name and shame list ? "

A quick forum search for name and shame threads will tell you all you need to know.

Possibly the worst idea mooted on the forums.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I had a lot of no shows or whatever I'd look at myself first, there's plenty of ways to establish fakes from real, time wasters from genuine etc.

Plus, one version of the same story can differ a lot, I don't think it's fair to have a name and shame. "

There is absolutely no way to identify fakes which is 100% reliable. Let's be absolutely clear on that.

For sure there are ways to reduce your risks of being messed about by them but it is simply impossible to reduce the risk to zero.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think it's a good idea, but a better idea could be a rating system, which would allow members to redeem themselves.

For example everyone starts with a 100% rating, then for every report against that person the percentage drops, but over time of active participation if no bad reports the members score can start to move back up the ranking.

Gives everyone the opportunity to have a bad spell yet allow them to make it right.

"

Who by and how will the bad reports be verified?

Reply privately

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

"No it shouldn't in my opinion. I could name and shame you and there's not a darn thing you could do about it."

Yep agree with above.

Just block em and be done with em ..... Think we've been lucky not had many tbh xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think photo verification should be needed to open an account especially for couples that would stop a lot of fakes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Other members would report, but down the the moderators to validate. I don't have all the answers

"I think it's a good idea, but a better idea could be a rating system, which would allow members to redeem themselves.

Who by and how will the bad reports be verified?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

A 'no show' rating, (that does not show) 3 separate ratings from 3 different people blocks the IP address

Reply privately

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

No it shouldn't. Too open to abuse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A 'no show' rating, (that does not show) 3 separate ratings from 3 different people blocks the IP address "

It might be the same three people giving the no show rating though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No. Next question x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And say you said somthing on the forums i didnt like or you pissed me off so i think im gona give him a bad report.. yes id be lying but its easily abused

Reply privately

over a year ago

I arranged a hotel, paid for it, spoke on the phone you both said you were coming, and nothing, you never turned up and I was left our of pocket. I name you as time wasters

All completely made up nonsense, but you get the point on how easily open to abuse naming and shaming is

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And how are the reports to be verified ?, only way I can see that working is if you took whoever is validating the reports to the meet.

Actually if that's a new job full time job, where do I sign up

Reply privately

over a year ago

I absolutely agree with the above comments. A name and shame list is open to all sorts of problems.

As I said earlier the best option is to develop close and trusting friendships with others on fab and pass around info.

We have been warned off crazy people, timewasters and fakes.

Equally we have received a number of positive recommendations.

Where we know and trust the person providing this info it is invaluable and much better than fab verifications or photo verifications.

The trouble is that it takes a long time as members to develop those contacts but we would recommend making the effort.

Reply privately

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"A 'no show' rating, (that does not show) 3 separate ratings from 3 different people blocks the IP address "

if you click on report profile there is a "no show" section to tick

Reply privately

over a year ago

hey I've had loads and paid out money you just have to live with it eg you as a couple get lots of messages so you can pick the best to meet we as guys don't have that luxury !!!!

Reply privately

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

I have thought about this but you would get ppl abuse this to ,put in false stories about you because maybe you didn't fancy them.,how would you police such a thing.,?

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"A 'no show' rating, (that does not show) 3 separate ratings from 3 different people blocks the IP address

if you click on report profile there is a "no show" section to tick

"

Correct:

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"I absolutely agree with the above comments. A name and shame list is open to all sorts of problems.

As I said earlier the best option is to develop close and trusting friendships with others on fab and pass around info.

Where we know and trust the person providing this info it is invaluable and much better than fab verifications or photo verifications.

The trouble is that it takes a long time as members to develop those contacts but we would recommend making the effort."

We've never received any info about anyone on Fab from other people.

Maybe that means we are the ones people are warning against!

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

But if, for some reason, someone wanted to screw someone up; it could be easy enough to find 2 other people to put in a false " no show ". So that's easily open to abuse too.

But anyway: I am sure - if people used the "no show" button (that already exists ) when reporting a profile, and someone was seen by admin as a " serial offender ", they would do something about it...

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I absolutely agree with the above comments. A name and shame list is open to all sorts of problems.

The trouble is that it takes a long time as members to develop those contacts but we would recommend making the effort.

We've never received any info about anyone on Fab from other people.

Maybe that means we are the ones people are warning against! "

Lol, neither do we . We're not inclined to listen to gossip anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No it shouldn't in my opinion. I could name and shame you and there's not a darn thing you could do about it.

I agree, too open to abuse.

I've had one no show and 2 cancel this weekend. It's how Fab is sometimes. I'm not concerned enough to bother."

Wish I was near Grantham

Reply privately

over a year ago

Short answer

YES

There should be a name and shame list or forum or something

We were on a BDSM site

It has one and as a result the community both Doms and Subs are safer because of it

The problem is regulation

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am more surprised that people listen to others about who to meet, that could be open to abuse too.

Reply privately

By *ecretgamesMan
over a year ago

the moon

Definitely open to abuse since there is no way to show the name and shame report is valid!! All the fakes would probably report the girls/guys that didn't response or weren't interested

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Admin have said they won't be having a name and shame section. You do however have a " no show " report option which you can find on the persons profile

Reply privately