Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

marriage saver??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I wish I new about swinging 20 years ago.....I believe with communication and a little feminine persuasion I might have been able to save my marriage. The reason being that I always needed excitement and more adventurous sex than my ex hubby....maybe we could've swung and I could've got my fix...who knows???? Interesting thought though.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree with the sentiment. Our marriage has strengthened with the mutual trust and mutual fun we've got from swinging. It brought the spark back!

over a year ago

I personally don't think swinging can save a failing marriage. If there are cracks then they will show regardless.

It might strengthen already strong relationships, but I think that is different from saving something that is failing.

Just my opinion, though.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"I personally don't think swinging can save a failing marriage. If there are cracks then they will show regardless.

It might strengthen already strong relationships, but I think that is different from saving something that is failing.

Just my opinion, though.

-Courtney "

I agree with above - we've seen couples try swinging and break up fairly soon after (I think maybe because they were on the lookout for something better)

Luckily for us, we have a great marriage, and we've found swinging makes us communicate much more, and more detailed. We find it's like the best of both worlds, we have the comfort and safety of each other, and the excitement and thrill of meeting new people

over a year ago

"I personally don't think swinging can save a failing marriage. If there are cracks then they will show regardless.

Just my opinion, though.

-Courtney "

over a year ago

Silly if you ask me . Swinging won't save a bad marriage it will only enhance a good one

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wish I new about swinging 20 years ago.....I believe with communication and a little feminine persuasion I might have been able to save my marriage. The reason being that I always needed excitement and more adventurous sex than my ex hubby....maybe we could've swung and I could've got my fix...who knows???? Interesting thought though."

I think communication saves lots of marriages.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"I wish I new about swinging 20 years ago.....I believe with communication and a little feminine persuasion I might have been able to save my marriage. The reason being that I always needed excitement and more adventurous sex than my ex hubby....maybe we could've swung and I could've got my fix...who knows???? Interesting thought though."

Nope.

Swinging will never fix a broken relationship, many have tried, all have failed.

You see it in clubs and at parties, one half of the couple is raring to go, the other either has to get shit-faced to do anything, or else they have a face like a slapped arse and it all goes sideways.

over a year ago

Just my opinion, though.

-Courtney "

agreed

My thoughts are that if a relationship is in trouble swinging would be like throwing petrol onto the flames.

I am not saying that rule applies to everyone but it is my opinion.

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I totally agree with the fact that swinging can put problems in the relationship under the microscope, but, so many times, when a single guy who appears to be married posts something, couples jumps on him in the forums. Are these only the couples who have a perfect relationship? In many ways, and after many months of reading forum posts from couples, it seems to be those who are less judgemental about single guys who are more secure in their own relationship ... just an opinion based on my observations ...

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I wish I new about swinging 20 years ago.....I believe with communication and a little feminine persuasion I might have been able to save my marriage. The reason being that I always needed excitement and more adventurous sex than my ex hubby....maybe we could've swung and I could've got my fix...who knows???? Interesting thought though.

I think communication saves lots of marriages. "

That's my point....we didn't communicate well...and this was 20 years ago....do u remember there was a life b4 the Internet and FAB? ?!??!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wish I new about swinging 20 years ago.....I believe with communication and a little feminine persuasion I might have been able to save my marriage. The reason being that I always needed excitement and more adventurous sex than my ex hubby....maybe we could've swung and I could've got my fix...who knows???? Interesting thought though.

I think communication saves lots of marriages.

That's my point....we didn't communicate well...and this was 20 years ago....do u remember there was a life b4 the Internet and FAB? ?!??!!"

Yes I do . I can remember life before cassette tapes

over a year ago

We went swinging to, i thought to spice things up! We met couples and he is now with a woman he met from one of the couples.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"We went swinging to, i thought to spice things up! We met couples and he is now with a woman he met from one of the couples. "

Oh it didn't end well then

By *otgirl32Woman
over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

"We went swinging to, i thought to spice things up! We met couples and he is now with a woman he met from one of the couples. "

I've been approached by the male half of a couple I met many times - to meet separately (without the wife's knowledge) so it's quite right - swinging won't save a marriage. But waht the OP is saying is that perhaps swinging may have enabled mutual exploration of extramarital sex. Fully understand that too - for many individuals one partner is just not enough.

By *andixxxMan
over a year ago

Gloucester

The communication and honesty that goes with swinging is the key to making a relationship stronger. When one half of a couple tries to hide things it never works. I know, I did it for 12 years and caused untold heartache at home.

I told V everything and a few months later she suggested a couples profile on here. Since then we've been stronger that I ever thought possible.

Swinging doesn't fix things. Honesty does.

Post new Message to Thread