Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

feel bad but ....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have started blocking couples when they send face pics and they are not our type. Of course we politely decline first.

The reason for the block is so that we don't msg again or see them pop up in searches because it gets confusing trying to remember if you have seen them.

Feel a tad bad about this though, seems rude and we are not rude people!

How do other people handle this scenario?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Exactly the same here - avoids the ping pong emails asking what we thought of them/would we like to meet.

over a year ago

A lot of people do this,there is no need to feel bad about it.

over a year ago

We don't really block people. A message saying they aren't our type and a note in the private notes section usually covers it.

-Courtney

over a year ago

Same. Pointless seeing them around.

over a year ago

I agree and you shouldn't feel bad as it does help to stop and repeat messages etc. It's tough to appear harsh but it's not really

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The block button is there as a tool. It doesn't matter how you use it.

over a year ago

I do the same so if it is working for you then stick with it

over a year ago

Providing one is polite then I guess it's fine to block. It's really only the single men who are awkward.

over a year ago

I think blocking is a good tool as it can save embarrassment later on - this would be another useful toll to add don't you think ie something like a ; "view/messaged/dislike" tab ?

over a year ago

Thanks for the replies feel better now!!

over a year ago

"We have started blocking couples when they send face pics and they are not our type. Of course we politely decline first.

The reason for the block is so that we don't msg again or see them pop up in searches because it gets confusing trying to remember if you have seen them.

"

seems like the sensible thing to do really

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Thanks for the replies feel better now!! "

why not just look at your home page and scroll your local updates, it should already be filtered by your preference. If they don't look your type from the off, you can block to your hearts content before they even message you!

over a year ago

"Thanks for the replies feel better now!!

why not just look at your home page and scroll your local updates, it should already be filtered by your preference. If they don't look your type from the off, you can block to your hearts content before they even message you! "

Because were a couple and looking at most couples profiles it's just female pics so I (Paloma) generally can't tell what the male is like until we ask for pics.

over a year ago

"We don't really block people. A message saying they aren't our type and a note in the private notes section usually covers it.

-Courtney "

Do this and they message again and a couple of times I've had them say we have not spoken before .. At that point I block

over a year ago

"We have started blocking couples when they send face pics and they are not our type. Of course we politely decline first.

"

We do exactly the same for the same reasons .

We aren't here to offer sympathy shags .

No attraction , no meet

over a year ago

Block is there to make your experience on here better. I used to feel a bit guilty but i hardly ever get frustrated or annoyed on this site now.

I actually block everyone from messaging me most of the time using message filters.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I only block the abusive or persistent.

Those that don't appeal I use the private note function on their profile.

By *odramafunCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire/staffordshire

This is a toughy... We save messages with face pics to remind us... Feel blocking is harsh but maybe best way not to bother people x

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I only meet single men but I still block after sending a polite no thanks.

Stops them coming back. And they do

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/02/16 19:21:43]

over a year ago

"We don't really block people. A message saying they aren't our type and a note in the private notes section usually covers it.

-Courtney

Do this and they message again and a couple of times I've had them say we have not spoken before .. At that point I block "

If they message again I just delete it. Our profile says we delete messages without replying if people are rude or if they have already been told no thanks.

-Courtney

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

I block too.. purely so that profiles do not appear in search results.. also it avoids future chats

over a year ago

I wouldn't feel bad it's your body meet who you like block who you don't

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Thanks for the replies feel better now!!

why not just look at your home page and scroll your local updates, it should already be filtered by your preference. If they don't look your type from the off, you can block to your hearts content before they even message you!

Because were a couple and looking at most couples profiles it's just female pics so I (Paloma) generally can't tell what the male is like until we ask for pics.

"

If you are that put off by people not being your type, any woman that clearly isn't your type whether the bloke is visible or not can be blocked. Same goes for single guys. Your local updates are the ones in your area and the ones who will be contacting you. You will continue and keep asking for pics of the male half and blocking when they send them - either way you'll end up blocking sooner or later.

Post new Message to Thread