Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Shocking

Jump to newest

By *pen_minded_gent OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Some peoples profiles on here are absolutely shocking!!

Having looked at many profiles, it amazes me just how many people are unable to string a sentence together or spell simple words!

There should be a section in the search criteria for "educated" I think!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

would that be right next to the section for people who are always polite and respectful?

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"would that be right next to the section for people who are always polite and respectful? "

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

"would that be right next to the section for people who are always polite and respectful? "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You know we all clicked on your profile to check for spelling & grammar errors.....

over a year ago

And a section where cock shots are banned!

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Criticising someone else's profile isn't classy or gentlemanly now is it

By *erts_darlings1Couple
over a year ago

watford

"Some peoples profiles on here are absolutely shocking!!

Having looked at many profiles, it amazes me just how many people are unable to string a sentence together or spell simple words!

Are you suggesting that people who suffer from dyslexia or any other condition or people who were not fortunate enough to have a good education should be put in a different group?

Don't you love the British class system?

"

over a year ago

"You know we all clicked on your profile to check for spelling & grammar errors..... "

We mustn't forget punctuation too

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Ave know idea wot ya meen !!

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Criticising someone else's profile isn't classy or gentlemanly now is it "

Snarky comments are not very ladylike or womanly either but hey...

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Are you suggesting that people who suffer from dyslexia or any other condition or people who were not fortunate enough to have a good education should be put in a different group?

"

I love how dyslexia gets wheeled out immediately that someone raises the question of how many people on here don't want to bother with trying to write. If you believed this forum every third person in the world would be dyslexic.

Utter tosh. The vast majority of people on here just cannot be arsed.

And that is fine, it is up to them, however it is also up to everyone to use all the tools at their disposal to figure out who will have a good connection with them based on what they put on their profiles.

Your profile is your shop window, if you put something on there then you must expect people to see that is reflects you as a person/couple. If you are happy with that then great. If not, stop making excuses and fix it.

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

I love how dyslexia gets wheeled out immediately that someone raises the question of how many people on here don't want to bother with trying to write. If you believed this forum every third person in the world would be dyslexic.

And that is fine, it is up to them, however it is also up to everyone to use all the tools at their disposal to figure out who will have a good connection with them based on what they put on their profiles.

Your profile is your shop window, if you put something on there then you must expect people to see that is reflects you as a person/couple. If you are happy with that then great. If not, stop making excuses and fix it."

what he said.

over a year ago

Jeez OP, you'd wanna be careful on that very high horse of yours.

Long way to fall...

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

"Criticising someone else's profile isn't classy or gentlemanly now is it

Snarky comments are not very ladylike or womanly either but hey..."

I'm neither a woman or ladylike so stick that up your nose!

over a year ago

Whilst accepting that some people do have genuine difficulties, I have to agree that most responses we bin are where clearly no effort has been put in.

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm neither a woman or ladylike so stick that up your nose!"

No.

What are you? A mollusc? A medium sized conifer overlooking a small alpine village?

You put up a generic arbitrary gender standard for the op. Quite sexist and dull.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If a profile contains something you don't like use it as a filter, we do.

By *ancadamMan
over a year ago

Stockport

By *T ShabaMan
over a year ago

London

Well said. Plus am unsure if every Fab user is English-speaking too.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

No.

What are you? A mollusc? A medium sized conifer overlooking a small alpine village?

You put up a generic arbitrary gender standard for the op. Quite sexist and dull."

Get yourself back off to bed and this time get out the right side you patronising person and stop taking the piss out of conifers...

By *ancadamMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"

over a year ago

"

Padwan you have much to learn.

Lesson 1- use other profiles as a filter.

By *ancadamMan
over a year ago

Stockport

No.

You put up a generic arbitrary gender standard for the op. Quite sexist and dull.

Get yourself back off to bed and this time get out the right side you patronising person and stop taking the piss out of conifers..."

lol.

over a year ago

Oh grow up

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

No.

You put up a generic arbitrary gender standard for the op. Quite sexist and dull."

and I was referring to his username!

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

I'm not like all those other guys.

"

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

No.

Get yourself back off to bed and this time get out the right side you patronising person and stop taking the piss out of conifers..."

Haha, great response. Was your original attack not rather patronising? As well as sexist, trite, etc.

I agree my response was rather patronising but I am happy with that based on the situation.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"If a profile contains something you don't like use it as a filter, we do. "

It's what I do. They self filter themselves away from me without me having to do anything.

I don't mind the odd spelling mistake even if I am a bit of a spelling nazi etc but what I don't like is men who have made no effort in their profiles and then moan and whinge and complain that they can't get meets. Well, no shit, Sherlock!

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"

Stay classy!

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

No.

Get yourself back off to bed and this time get out the right side you patronising person and stop taking the piss out of conifers...

Haha, great response. Was your original attack not rather patronising? As well as sexist, trite, etc.

I agree my response was rather patronising but I am happy with that based on the situation.

"

No it wasn't sexist trite,etc he chose his username not me and enlighten me you felt the need to jump on my post and not others for what reason exactly...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"If a profile contains something you don't like use it as a filter, we do.

It's what I do. They self filter themselves away from me without me having to do anything.

I don't mind the odd spelling mistake even if I am a bit of a spelling nazi etc but what I don't like is men who have made no effort in their profiles and then moan and whinge and complain that they can't get meets. Well, no shit, Sherlock! "

Most people filter away from us nowadays because we have a fairly specific profile and are at the upper end of 50. That's fine by us.

We don't mind spelling and grammar mistakes either although there are one or two I struggle to overlook. . As I hurtle towards the late summer of my life I find less and less gets me annoyed because I'm too busy trying to remember where I left my glasses

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

No.

No it wasn't sexist trite,etc he chose his username not me and enlighten me you felt the need to jump on my post and not others for what reason exactly..."

It made me feel really richeousness and better.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't mind the odd spelling mistake even if I am a bit of a spelling nazi etc but what I don't like is men who have made no effort in their profiles and then moan and whinge and complain that they can't get meets. Well, no shit, Sherlock!

Most people filter away from us nowadays because we have a fairly specific profile and are at the upper end of 50. That's fine by us.

We don't mind spelling and grammar mistakes either although there are one or two I struggle to overlook. . As I hurtle towards the late summer of my life I find less and less gets me annoyed because I'm too busy trying to remember where I left my glasses "

Happily, 'sex' is easy to spell for such a complicated and intense act.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

No.

No it wasn't sexist trite,etc he chose his username not me and enlighten me you felt the need to jump on my post and not others for what reason exactly...

It made me feel really richeousness and better."

Oh...dull

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We don't mind spelling and grammar mistakes either although there are one or two I struggle to overlook. . As I hurtle towards the late summer of my life I find less and less gets me annoyed because I'm too busy trying to remember where I left my glasses

Happily, 'sex' is easy to spell for such a complicated and intense act. "

Not if you can't find your damn varifocals

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

No.

Oh...dull"

Very. Predictable as well.

However it is no doubt a feeling you can identify with.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Best ones are the ones that say 'fill this in later'

Cause that really helps us all....!!

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Best ones are the ones that say 'fill this in later'

Cause that really helps us all....!!"

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

No.

Oh...dull

However it is no doubt a feeling you can identify with. "

No

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

No.

Oh...dull

However it is no doubt a feeling you can identify with.

No"

Ahh forgive me. I don't know where I got that idea from.

Apologies.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Your profile is your shop window, if you put something on there then you must expect people to see that is reflects you as a person/couple. If you are happy with that then great. If not, stop making excuses and fix it."

Something I've thought on many an occasion!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Any chance we can stop bickering over petty nonsense?

Nobody is perfect. Except me obviously!

Seriously though, there are better things to get your knickers twisted over. As suggested, use it as an extra filter and move on until you find a profile that meets your standards. Live and let live. It's not your profile.

By *uslaffMan
over a year ago

manchester

"

An apostrophe indicates possession,not pluralisation. Therefore,on your impeccable profile pyour "couple's" should be "couples".

Just pointing a minor error out brain'''''s

over a year ago

London

I like what you have done there!!

Un-classy would be naming and shaming!

I make no apologies for my post, let's be honest, there is a huge difference between dyslexia and just simple stupidity!

Some of the things that particularly frustrate me:

"Fink"as opposed to think

"sum" as opposed to some

"Wat" as opposed to what

That's not down to any form of learning disability, it's just stupid!!

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

I make no apologies for my post, let's be honest, there is a huge difference between dyslexia and just simple stupidity!

"sum" as opposed to some

"Wat" as opposed to what

That's not down to any form of learning disability, it's just stupid!! "

I know what you mean and it can be off putting,just move onto another profile and find 'sum1' that is suitable

over a year ago

London

"sum" as opposed to some

"Wat" as opposed to what

I know what you mean and it can be off putting,just move onto another profile and find 'sum1' that is suitable "

Fink I mite have 2 do dat!!

By *NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

St Albans

"Whilst accepting that some people do have genuine difficulties, I have to agree that most responses we bin are where clearly no effort has been put in. "

over a year ago

Snarky comments are not very ladylike or womanly either but hey..."

I think she's right though

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

"sum" as opposed to some

"Wat" as opposed to what

I know what you mean and it can be off putting,just move onto another profile and find 'sum1' that is suitable

Fink I mite have 2 do dat!! "

Gud on ya that's the spirit

over a year ago

"Any chance we can stop bickering over petty nonsense?

Seriously though, there are better things to get your knickers twisted over. As suggested, use it as an extra filter and move on until you find a profile that meets your standards. Live and let live. It's not your profile. "

over a year ago

"Any chance we can stop bickering over petty nonsense?

Seriously though, there are better things to get your knickers twisted over. As suggested, use it as an extra filter and move on until you find a profile that meets your standards. Live and let live. It's not your profile. "

talk a lot of sense you lovely

am changing my mind about you

Post new Message to Thread