Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

poppers

Jump to newest

By *ancscleanguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Preston

Its looking like theyre going to be banned by the new legal highs laws. Will they be missed or have they been rubbish for years anyway?

I'm feeling a headache coming on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

yes they have been pants for a while - however i believe they have been successful in excluding them from these laws so in theory - no change

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

can they even ban anything? especially as you can order things online from other countries...

over a year ago

"can they even ban anything? especially as you can order things online from other countries..."

You can order them online but they are not guaranteed to get past customs where parcels are checked. Also if they are illegal over here and you get caught with them it will be same if you got caught with any other illegal drugs x

over a year ago

"can they even ban anything? especially as you can order things online from other countries...

You can order them online but they are not guaranteed to get past customs where parcels are checked. Also if they are illegal over here and you get caught with them it will be same if you got caught with any other illegal drugs x"

It's only illegal to supply them, not to possess them. This just passes custom on to other countries.

over a year ago

Thort poppers were what you sometimes find on clothes lol only joking.

So wot are people going to use now then - ive personally never tried them

over a year ago

"Thort poppers were what you sometimes find on clothes lol only joking.

So wot are people going to use now then - ive personally never tried them"

Plenty of lube lol x

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

the current stuff you can get in the uk is the same as in any country, regs are essentially the same across the eu and outside of it too

over a year ago

How can they ban room odorisers ??? That's all they are aren't they ? I like them but do think they have got a little weaker recently

over a year ago

Hi Classyass, been to Divinos lately or on the back of a motorbike? I'd thought poppers were the last thing you'd require, or is it for all the time you spend by yourself? Take care

over a year ago

The difference with the ban this time is that the ban is across the class of product rather than a specific formulation..so changing formula will do no good if it does the same thing.

They whole industry has accepted they will be banned from April but they could possibly be reviewed within six months and exempted although I won't be getting any hopes up as I'm sure there won't be the same impetus to re-legalise them as there was to ban them in the first place.

over a year ago

Does anybody know an overseas sure where you can mail order the old style poppers prior to the formula being changed.

By *orneyashell87Couple
over a year ago

stockotn on tees

My local sex shop is still gonna sell them under the counter!! I will surely miss them if they go completely xx

over a year ago

"My local sex shop is still gonna sell them under the counter!! I will surely miss them if they go completely xx"

Then their absolutely crazy ..the penalties are huge..all for the sake of a fiver.

I've been chatting with the main supplier of most of the UK brands and they believe production is gonna halt as it wouldnt be worth making them just for the illicit sales. The void may well be filled by unscrupulous criminal types after the easy cash but as far as my stock and customers are concerned when their gone their gone until if they ever legalise them again.

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35425068

By *isexmistressWoman
over a year ago

Prestwich

"Thort poppers were what you sometimes find on clothes lol only joking.

So wot are people going to use now then - ive personally never tried them

Plenty of lube lol x"

By *erts_darlings1Couple
over a year ago

watford

As far as understand the legislation, it will be illegal to buy or sell substances that contain certain chemicals or chemical formulas. I have also heard that once the legislation comes in (possibly April) plans are place to exempt anyl nitrate from the banned list. It can not be exempt from the list till the list is legislation.

So think it will only be a few months before poppers (or a derivative) will be back on sale again.

By *ittenandthepirateCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"can they even ban anything? especially as you can order things online from other countries...

You can order them online but they are not guaranteed to get past customs where parcels are checked. Also if they are illegal over here and you get caught with them it will be same if you got caught with any other illegal drugs x

It's only illegal to supply them, not to possess them. This just passes custom on to other countries."

I suspect ordering online from other countries will come under importing which will also be illegal.

over a year ago

It's only illegal to supply them, not to possess them. This just passes custom on to other countries.

I suspect ordering online from other countries will come under importing which will also be illegal. "

Ok thanks. Idk how people will be able to possess them then. Not sure if there's a big enough market for dealers to want to smuggle them into the country but maybe they'll do it.

over a year ago

I suspect ordering online from other countries will come under importing which will also be illegal.

Ok thanks. Idk how people will be able to possess them then. Not sure if there's a big enough market for dealers to want to smuggle them into the country but maybe they'll do it."

I think the low unit price and the fact people are loath to pay more per bottle will make supplying them an even less appealing proposition considering the severity of the penalties for doing so.

The wholesalers in the UK arent holding their breath and in my conversations with them they are very despondent about them being legal again.

As big a blow to business as it is I'm just taking it that their gone and a return if it happens will be a happy bonus.

By *antsanddorsetMan
over a year ago

southampton

'The wholesalers in the UK arent holding their breath' - made me smile

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

The original Amyl Nitrite (not nitrate, the common misnomer, which is a totally different chemical), is still available online if you hunt for it.

My understanding is, that the new legislation makes any psychoactive substance illegal, unless specifically excluded.

Currently, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are excluded and thus will remain legal. Everything else is banned.

This is to stop people just tweaking the formulations to get round the law.

The biggest problem in my view, is the synthetic legal highs sold in head shops. That's what the legislation is primarily aimed at, but yes, it will be all encompassing and initially at least, will include poppers.

By *oxymTV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

I knew a guy who would go through 2 bottles in a night cause he was hooked on them , also I've seen idiots drink them which of course ended in being hospitised all because he could get pissed and buy these in the gay bars

Banning them may of been too much but I'd of said ban them from bars cause of idiots like I mentioned

They even sold them in a chippy near these bars

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

How will I clean the heads on my Betamax ?

Post new Message to Thread