FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What men and women perceive as attractive...

Jump to newest

By *olarfox OP   Man
over a year ago

North Cambs

Just this morning, as has happened on a number of occasions, I was contacted by the male of a very attractive couple, who expressed an interest in our getting together this weekend. I assume that he thought his other half would find me attractive or he wouldn't have approached me. Again, on this occasion, having explained that the casting vote (naturally) would lie with his wife, they came back to me just now to say that she had declined.

I am just wondering whether what men perceive to be attractive traits in another man can be very different to what women see as attractive and just how common this is?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Even the same sex can find different things attractive, it's not a male vs female thing.

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Even the same sex can find different things attractive, it's not a male vs female thing."

agree

By *olarfox OP   Man
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Even the same sex can find different things attractive, it's not a male vs female thing.

agree "

Agreed, but I still wonder whether it is sometimes a male v female thing. Wondering whether men typically perceive other men with good physiques and stereotypical good looks as attractive, where as women look for more quirky straits. I know that with myself and my Ex, we saw completely different individuals (both male and female) as attractive. But maybe it is just to do with personal taste and nothing to do with gender..

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Even the same sex can find different things attractive, it's not a male vs female thing.

agree

Agreed, but I still wonder whether it is sometimes a male v female thing. Wondering whether men typically perceive other men with good physiques and stereotypical good looks as attractive, where as women look for more quirky straits. I know that with myself and my Ex, we saw completely different individuals (both male and female) as attractive. But maybe it is just to do with personal taste and nothing to do with gender.."

think its the personal taste mostly, i can generally look at a guys pic and think " no way will kitten meet him" and she is the same with females and me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Even the same sex can find different things attractive, it's not a male vs female thing."

Yes absolutely. I think my husband is fairly in tune with the type of guy i find attractive...where we tend to disagree normally comes down to the attitude of the guy. I think my husband is more strict in applying the must be respectful rule than i am. For us that is part of the attracting.He'll often view something someone says as disrespectful, whereas i might take it a different way. I guess that could be him being protective of his loved one maybe.

By *olarfox OP   Man
over a year ago

North Cambs

agree

Agreed, but I still wonder whether it is sometimes a male v female thing. Wondering whether men typically perceive other men with good physiques and stereotypical good looks as attractive, where as women look for more quirky straits. I know that with myself and my Ex, we saw completely different individuals (both male and female) as attractive. But maybe it is just to do with personal taste and nothing to do with gender..

think its the personal taste mostly, i can generally look at a guys pic and think " no way will kitten meet him" and she is the same with females and me "

In that case things should work well for you and it proves you are in tune with one another

I wonder also whether sometimes the partner in a couple looks for another person who is quite different physically to there other half, simply because they want to experience something different. As in 'bulls' or BBCs, for example..

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

Perhaps it may be more complex than this. Fab is a place where, for many, fantasies can become reality. A woman who normally goes for well dressed men may want a bit of rough; those who like athletic men may like to try out an overweight one etc - and knowing your partners "type" doesn't mean that you will necessarily know what their fantasy partner of the moment is like. In other words perceived attractiveness might not even figure.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Yes absolutely. I think my husband is fairly in tune with the type of guy i find attractive...where we tend to disagree normally comes down to the attitude of the guy. I think my husband is more strict in applying the must be respectful rule than i am. For us that is part of the attracting.He'll often view something someone says as disrespectful, whereas i might take it a different way. I guess that could be him being protective of his loved one maybe."

This is us too but every now and then she throws a curveball that makes me go...

Post new Message to Thread