Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Falling off the horse

Jump to newest

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Have you ever fallen off the horse, so to speak, in terms of meeting and struggled to get back on?

I've realised it's been over a year since my last meet. I've had a lot going on in that time. But now I've realised I feel nervous about meeting again and am giving myself excuses why I can't.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, around this time last year, several people left my second job and my manager as usual, wasn't organised in replacing them. It meant only 8 people in total instead of around 12. All 'their' shifts had to be covered and so I ended up working every night of the week and weekends to help for about 3 weeks. Was too tired when I was free to meet. When I started to meet again, didn't meet anyone who I wanted to meet again, then got into the mindset of actually not being sure I wanted to but realised as you've said, my nerves and confidence have got the better of me. Now just not sure I want to but on the other hand, I have needs that are getting more needing as time goes on, if that makes sense

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Yes, around this time last year, several people left my second job and my manager as usual, wasn't organised in replacing them. It meant only 8 people in total instead of around 12. All 'their' shifts had to be covered and so I ended up working every night of the week and weekends to help for about 3 weeks. Was too tired when I was free to meet. When I started to meet again, didn't meet anyone who I wanted to meet again, then got into the mindset of actually not being sure I wanted to but realised as you've said, my nerves and confidence have got the better of me. Now just not sure I want to but on the other hand, I have needs that are getting more needing as time goes on, if that makes sense "

Yup. It makes sense.

I feel a proper wimp admitting I'm finding it difficult. I'm not normally such a wuss.

over a year ago

Why not just organise a social , then there is no pressure. Just a coffee and a chat. Gets you back in the game - so to speak.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Why not just organise a social , then there is no pressure. Just a coffee and a chat. Gets you back in the game - so to speak. "

I can do that. And then get cold feet about going further. I've done it a couple of times.

Total wuss

over a year ago

"Why not just organise a social , then there is no pressure. Just a coffee and a chat. Gets you back in the game - so to speak.

I can do that. And then get cold feet about going further. I've done it a couple of times.

Total wuss "

So maybe it hasn't felt right - try again. Eventually you'll break the cycle and saddle up.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Why not just organise a social , then there is no pressure. Just a coffee and a chat. Gets you back in the game - so to speak.

Total wuss

So maybe it hasn't felt right - try again. Eventually you'll break the cycle and saddle up. "

Thanks

over a year ago

I took about 7 months out and am only just slowly getting back into it. I was really nervous but i organised a meet with someone I'd met a few times before so felt really comfortable. Once i was there it all came back to me. If you can do that it will make it easier

over a year ago

"Have you ever fallen off the horse, so to speak, in terms of meeting and struggled to get back on?

I've realised it's been over a year since my last meet. I've had a lot going on in that time. But now I've realised I feel nervous about meeting again and am giving myself excuses why I can't."

yup. Now! lol. We had a break for a bit and I'm pretty nervous/ wary of a potential meet.

F

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Yep

After taking a break I find it difficult to get back into this, strange as you would think it would be easier. But I find meeting with an old friend, someone you feel comfortable with helps.

over a year ago

No but ive actually fallen of alot of horses

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

fallen of my horse a few times, now i am old it takes longer for the fecking bruises to subside too lol, ohhhhh shit its not really about horse riding is it lol

By *ohnjones3210Man
over a year ago

Chester

"Have you ever fallen off the horse, so to speak, in terms of meeting and struggled to get back on?

I've realised it's been over a year since my last meet. I've had a lot going on in that time. But now I've realised I feel nervous about meeting again and am giving myself excuses why I can't."

I think it's quite normal to start to feel a bit nervous about it.

Men worry about it too. Worry about not getting hard or not looking big enough or something.

Just ease yourself into it by socials. If you chicken out, like you say, just take it easy and keep trying.

If you don't want to do it, don't force yourself. X

over a year ago

"fallen of my horse a few times, now i am old it takes longer for the fecking bruises to subside too lol, ohhhhh shit its not really about horse riding is it lol "

Post new Message to Thread