FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Couples, how many of you would prefer all the single people (inc. women) left the site?

Jump to newest

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

On another thread it has been suggested that single people on this site cause problems for the swingers (i.e. long-term or married couples, not just fb couples).

I don't understand what problems these are but assuming it's true, here's a quick straw poll.

How many of the couples, (married or long-term partners, not fuck buddies), would prefer it if all single people, (men AND women), left this site?

Can you say whether your answer is from a man, a woman, or both partners, please.

I'm not sure if the couples consider MM and FF couples as swingers too. Probably not, but in the interests of fairness, answers from same sex couples, as long as you're actually partners, not fuck buddies, are invited also.

I'm genuinely curious.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

No one needs to leave the site ! Room for all in my opinion.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

The other thread it was mentioned about non-swingers not being on a swingers site. Not all single people not being on the site.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm straight so would hate it! Love the single men!

- Charlotte

over a year ago

I'm on here as a couple too, in a committed loving relationship, so no, the site would be poorer for losing all the single men and women who are on here, as would clubs of they stopped admitting them. This site should be, and is, for all people who seek 'swinging' or 'nsa' sex.

If people have an issue with any section of this varied side they have the option to block or ignore them so they should use that and not judge or belittle other people in here whether they are single or part of a couple.

over a year ago

As a married couple who love playing with singles ( men , women and TVs ) we would not be happy to see any of the singles leave the site .

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I think there is plenty of room for everyone and I like single girls and guys just as I like couples

over a year ago

"The other thread it was mentioned about non-swingers not being on a swingers site. Not all single people not being on the site. "

What is a swinger? What makes them a non-swinger?

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

We are both on here as both a couple and singles as we meet alone too. We met on here, but now live together (think that makes us a 'proper couple', although it was harder for us to be accepted by the swinging community as a genuine couple than it was for our friends and family). I think there is too much 'snobbery' from some so-called real couples in all of this. We love singles and if it was only couples on here, we would leave ....

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The other thread it was mentioned about non-swingers not being on a swingers site. Not all single people not being on the site. "

The definition of "swinger" according to the couples is a couple in a "proper" relationship who swap partners.

I didn't see any room in that definition for single people to be swingers.

Please clarify, when are single people swingers?

Who are these non-swingers that cause the problems for the swingers?

Genuine question, I really don't understand who couples think are causing them problems.

Who exactly is it you want gone?

over a year ago

"On another thread it has been suggested that single people on this site cause problems for the swingers (i.e. long-term or married couples, not just fb couples).

I don't understand what problems these are but assuming it's true, here's a quick straw poll.

How many of the couples, (married or long-term partners, not fuck buddies), would prefer it if all single people, (men AND women), left this site?

Can you say whether your answer is from a man, a woman, or both partners, please.

I'm not sure if the couples consider MM and FF couples as swingers too. Probably not, but in the interests of fairness, answers from same sex couples, as long as you're actually partners, not fuck buddies, are invited also.

I'm genuinely curious."

The study team at Sydney University are busy today.

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

"We are both on here as both a couple and singles as we meet alone too. We met on here, but now live together (think that makes us a 'proper couple', although it was harder for us to be accepted by the swinging community as a genuine couple than it was for our friends and family). I think there is too much 'snobbery' from some so-called real couples in all of this. We love singles and if it was only couples on here, we would leave ...."

I don't think it's the so-called real couples so much as the odd person (or couple) who feels a little threatened and likes to argue

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We are both on here as both a couple and singles as we meet alone too. We met on here, but now live together (think that makes us a 'proper couple', although it was harder for us to be accepted by the swinging community as a genuine couple than it was for our friends and family). I think there is too much 'snobbery' from some so-called real couples in all of this. We love singles and if it was only couples on here, we would leave ....

I don't think it's the so-called real couples so much as the odd person (or couple) who feels a little threatened and likes to argue "

I think this may be the case too but I've heard it a lot on here. I was wondering how widespread a _iew it is. Hence the thread.

It will only get the _iews of a small cross-section of forum users, which is a tiny subset of fab members, so it's not exactly scientific but I'm curious.

over a year ago

"On another thread it has been suggested that single people on this site cause problems for the swingers (i.e. long-term or married couples, not just fb couples).

I'm genuinely curious."

you are another one who loves stirring trouble ,we need less of these negative threads ,anyone can join the site and use it how they please ,oh and have an opinion that isn't yours

over a year ago

Well Scarlett would be fucked....or not actually if all the single guys left lol.

Never encountered any worthwhile problems with either couples or singles, some eeejits but then Im sure we have been considered the same by others.

We are both happy to chat to just about anyone who is happy. The idea of ''swing'' is to do what you want with who you want when you want and live out those fantasies.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm genuinely curious. you are another one who loves stirring trouble ,we need less of these negative threads ,anyone can join the site and use it how they please ,oh and have an opinion that isn't yours "

This is not a negative thread. It doesn't even give my opinion.

It's a simple question to couples based on comments made on another thread.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Haven't we been told time and again that single people cannot be swingers?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Not us, we like the mix.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I'm genuinely curious. you are another one who loves stirring trouble ,we need less of these negative threads ,anyone can join the site and use it how they please ,oh and have an opinion that isn't yours "

It seems to me that you are the one stirring. Wading into a thread to throw around wild accusations and trying to cause trouble and turn it into a bun fight.

Since I'm getting sensible, useful answers from people, I'd like to keep it on topic.

over a year ago

Are the swinging police out again?????

No one should leave. Not even the "time wasters". What would there be to bitch and moan about? V xxx

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"The other thread it was mentioned about non-swingers not being on a swingers site. Not all single people not being on the site.

The definition of "swinger" according to the couples is a couple in a "proper" relationship who swap partners.

Genuine question, I really don't understand who couples think are causing them problems.

Who exactly is it you want gone?"

Why are you saying about a "proper" relationship, and that "couples" (as is we all share the same opinion) definition is "a couple in a proper relationship who want to swap partners?"

You haven't offered a definition of what a swinger is, I did on the previous post, and will do again. I say that a swinger is either a couple who are non-monogamous, or singles who have been previously non-monogamous, or would be non-monogamous in future relationships.

Its not about people causing problems per se, its about me, as a swinger, would like a website for swingers. Is that really so difficult to comprehend?

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The other thread it was mentioned about non-swingers not being on a swingers site. Not all single people not being on the site.

Haven't we been told time and again that single people cannot be swingers?"

That did seem to be what was being said on the other thread.

Apparently, following clarification, some couples consider that it's just singles who only want to meet other singles that are not swingers.

Of course, there are also couples who think single people can't be swingers at all.

And a lot don't care as long as they're having fun.

I'm still curious how many want the singles gone.

By *asques and boxersCouple
over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

"I'm on here as a couple too, in a committed loving relationship, so no, the site would be poorer for losing all the single men and women who are on here, as would clubs of they stopped admitting them. This site should be, and is, for all people who seek 'swinging' or 'nsa' sex.

If people have an issue with any section of this varied side they have the option to block or ignore them so they should use that and not judge or belittle other people in here whether they are single or part of a couple."

couple here male half typing best to allow adults to pick and choose as text fancy takes um judge no one but please yourselves! !

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Are the swinging police out again?????

No one should leave. Not even the "time wasters". What would there be to bitch and moan about? V xxx "

The thread I'm referring to is here:

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/462695

I should probably have put it in the op.

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

As a couple we see no reason for singles to leave. We enjoy meeting single women, lads or couples when at clubs.

Getting sent less cock pics and more female pics would be nice, but meh we can keep hoping

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Apparently, following clarification, some couples consider that it's just singles who only want to meet other singles that are not swingers.

Of course, there are also couples who think single people can't be swingers at all.

I'm still curious how many want the singles gone."

I don't think anyone is saying they want the singles gone! You seems to have got the complete wrong end of the stick!

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

OP, do you think that a single person wanting to meet another single person is a swinger?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/01/16 18:07:37]

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"OP, do you think that a single person wanting to meet another single person is a swinger?"

I think you need to post a new post for that. This one is Dee Viante asking who wants single people to leave this site.

Shall we put you guys down for a yes?

over a year ago

Why are you saying about a "proper" relationship, and that "couples" (as is we all share the same opinion) definition is "a couple in a proper relationship who want to swap partners?"

You haven't offered a definition of what a swinger is, I did on the previous post, and will do again. I say that a swinger is either a couple who are non-monogamous, or singles who have been previously non-monogamous, or would be non-monogamous in future relationships.

Its not about people causing problems per se, its about me, as a swinger, would like a website for swingers. Is that really so difficult to comprehend?

"

So,by your definition,if I said that later in life I will marry a man and he will have sex with other women with my knowledge,I'm a swinger?

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Nooooo

I'm a woman whose married, I play in a variety of ways both with hubby and without

The whole argument is an old one, the term swinger is often thought of as just being about striaght swap between couples, keys in a bowl type thing, by vanillas that are going on info decades out of date

The term swinger has meant much more for a very long time. It's more about sexually liberated people

Swingers clubs haven't been exclusively only for married couples for a long long time ( if they ever were)

I think this should say something as market forces always shows trends of how things change and fluctuate

Those that stick doggedly to the original dictionary definition of swinger may also percieve all kink activity as abuse!

But that

over a year ago

Haven't we been told time and again that single people cannot be swingers?"

I think its important to remember that terms and definitions change. If a couple meet a single for a threesome its just the couple who are swinging? What about in a larger group? Or if the wife meets a guy on her own? She's changing partners and swinging but the single isn't?

I think anyone who engages in this lifestyle is a swinger, they may not always be swinging but they by definition have taken part in swinging so they are swingers. Its so ridiculous for couples to try and defend the use of the word like that

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Would be good if we could just agree that different people _iew swinging differently and stop arguing semantics. A swinger is whatever you want it to be and a swinging site can be used any way you want to

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

You seem to think my comments, and this thread, are aimed specifically at you and what you've said.

They aren't, they're based on posts made by other couples on the other thread and on other posts I've seen on this site.

(I'm not ignoring the rest of your post and your definition, I'm thinking about it)

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Am not a couple therefore anything I write, including this, is of no value

over a year ago

Well it's actually quite easy to sort this

Those that single people should be banned, can use their message filters and block them .

There's that problem solved

If ever a site was to become for couple only , single people would just use couples profiles ..

How many lucky guys on couples profiles get to play with Mrs permission every week on their own in your local are.

There is always ones that thinks his way of doing things is the right way .

Swinging and causal sex has been going on a lot longer that the 9 or so years this site has been going .

It will keep going, the Internet is not successful in this type of thing, as very few of the actual people me or the Mrs ever meet are from here, in fact we have only met two from here, firstly the rest have been on clubs or socials, and then we have verified them , and not everyone we meet is on fab swingers.

In fact we have both been doing this a lot longer than fab swingers has been going .

It used to be word of mouth and who you know , before the creation of the net . And it still is word of mouth,

over a year ago

I don't think anyone is saying they want the singles gone! You seems to have got the complete wrong end of the stick!"

You seem to want single people who only meet single people to not be here. They are ok if they are women who will meet you,a married man who meets without his wife present. Can you see the flaw in your reasoning?

over a year ago

"Well it's actually quite easy to sort this

Those that single people should be banned, can use their message filters and block them .

There's that problem solved

If ever a site was to become for couple only , single people would just use couples profiles ..

How many lucky guys on couples profiles get to play with Mrs permission every week on their own in your local are.

There is always ones that thinks his way of doing things is the right way .

Swinging and causal sex has been going on a lot longer that the 9 or so years this site has been going .

It will keep going, the Internet is not successful in this type of thing, as very few of the actual people me or the Mrs ever meet are from here, in fact we have only met two from here, firstly the rest have been on clubs or socials, and then we have verified them , and not everyone we meet is on fab swingers.

In fact we have both been doing this a lot longer than fab swingers has been going .

It used to be word of mouth and who you know , before the creation of the net . And it still is word of mouth,

"

If the site was couples only I wouldn't be here.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I don't think anyone is saying they want the singles gone! You seems to have got the complete wrong end of the stick!"

It's possible. It has been known to happen.

I have seen other couples say exactly that on here though. I'm not asking the question purely because of your comments and our exchange on the other thread. You weren't the op of that thread and other couples commented. I'm considering all of that, and things I've heard previously.

over a year ago

If we pay our subscription to be here then we are all entitled to stay. Having been here on and off for 9 years as both a couple, meeting my soon to he ex husband here and now as a single, it is like asking should all people who have not been here longer than 5 years leave the site?. Bloody outrageous. Xx

over a year ago

Couples here...been together 31 years and married 26. Answer from both of us. Absolutely no problem with singles male or female!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I have been active on these forums for 5 years and have seen many, many posts from couples saying that there should be no singles on here at all, that swinging is a couples only pursuit, and so on. I believe that inferring that its single men that need to be gone is a bit far, but I have definitely seen people stating they think this place, and clubs, should be couples only.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

The question should really be how do we get MORE single people (inc women) to join the site!

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"OP, do you think that a single person wanting to meet another single person is a swinger?

I think you need to post a new post for that. This one is Dee Viante asking who wants single people to leave this site.

Shall we put you guys down for a yes? "

I think they might like this particular person to leave the site at this particular moment!

I should have known it would reignite the row about what a swinger is. That wasn't my intention. I tried to be specific with the question.

All I really want to know are how many couples want this site to be couples only. Or, since we've modified definitions a bit, how many couples would want all the singles who only meet singles to leave.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

We go to a swingers club to play....we play with singles and couples (real or otherwise) so why should the membership on here be any different to a club?

over a year ago

Pot... kettle.....!

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I don't think anyone is saying they want the singles gone! You seems to have got the complete wrong end of the stick!

I have been active on these forums for 5 years and have seen many, many posts from couples saying that there should be no singles on here at all, that swinging is a couples only pursuit, and so on. I believe that inferring that its single men that need to be gone is a bit far, but I have definitely seen people stating they think this place, and clubs, should be couples only."

Going too far? Me?!

Um, yeah, maybe a bit...

over a year ago

Yes, I wish all the other single men would leave the site...immediately!!! The single women can stay. Lol!

over a year ago

OK, I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has already been said, but....

1- On a level of principle, I don't see what harm it does to have singles on the site, or even non-swingers. On the occasions that we do search for people, we tick the box that says "also looking for MF couples." So people not looking for us don't even play into the search.

2- I find it interesting that you say "inc. women" as if they are special in some way. While I have loved our meets with single women, them leaving would actually affect us less because so few are actually looking for MF couples (in our experience).

3- Our swinging experience would be less fulfilling without singles. Many of our meets are with single men, and some with single women, and I wouldn't want them to leave at all.

So, to conclude, No, I would not prefer it if singles left. And neither would Marc - I've asked him.

-Courtney

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

the fact that some couples want it to be couples only is cool, I respect their opinion.

if they then want singles to leave the site, they should lobby the owners offering to increase their premium to cover lost revenues and respect the owners decision.

otherwise, create your own site: it isn't hard. put your money where you believe a new concept will give you the return on investment, in sexual meets & ££££££

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

" since we've modified definitions a bit, how many couples would want all the singles who only meet singles to leave."

Nope....they should be able to use the site as they see fit....same as the rest of us

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck

over a year ago

"The question should really be how do we get MORE single people (inc women) to join the site! "

I agree with this - if the tensions stem from people not being able to find the people they want to meet, then more people on the site in general - couples, women, single, TV, TS - will surely be a better answer than booting off all single people who don't count as swingers by one person's definition.

over a year ago

I don't think she has. There's been more can a couple of comments in the forums over the last few days that 'swinging is for couples' and 'single makes aren't swingers'

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"OK, I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has already been said, but....

1- On a level of principle, I don't see what harm it does to have singles on the site, or even non-swingers. On the occasions that we do search for people, we tick the box that says "also looking for MF couples." So people not looking for us don't even play into the search.

2- I find it interesting that you say "inc. women" as if they are special in some way. While I have loved our meets with single women, them leaving would actually affect us less because so few are actually looking for MF couples (in our experience).

3- Our swinging experience would be less fulfilling without singles. Many of our meets are with single men, and some with single women, and I wouldn't want them to leave at all.

So, to conclude, No, I would not prefer it if singles left. And neither would Marc - I've asked him.

-Courtney

"

The inc. women was to be clear I meant all the single people.

Some couples seem to have an issue with single people being on the site, but are also looking for single women, which I find it difficult to get my head around.

I want to know which is the lesser evil, single people on here, or no singles at all (including the women so many are seeking).

I hope that makes sense.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I don't think she has. There's been more can a couple of comments in the forums over the last few days that 'swinging is for couples' and 'single makes aren't swingers' "

That said, that isn't what that particular couple said.

The thread stemmed from couples with the 'singles can't be swingers' attitude. I realise not all couples think that and that the couple you are replying to have a different definition of swinger too.

over a year ago

"OK, I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has already been said, but....

-Courtney

The inc. women was to be clear I meant all the single people.

Some couples seem to have an issue with single people being on the site, but are also looking for single women, which I find it difficult to get my head around.

I want to know which is the lesser evil, single people on here, or no singles at all (including the women so many are seeking).

I hope that makes sense."

Makes sense.

I prefer them to stay.

-Courtney

over a year ago

How many of the couples, (married or long-term

partners, not fuck buddies), would prefer it if all single people, (men AND women), left this site?

Can you say whether your answer is from a man, a woman, or both partners, please

I'm not sure if the couples consider MM and FF couples as swingers too. Probably not, but in the

interests of fairness, answers from same sex couples,

as long as you're actually partners, not fuck buddies,

are invited also.

I'm genuinely curious.

you are another one who loves stirring trouble ,we need less of these negative threads ,anyone can join the site and use it how theyplease ,oh and have an opinion that isn't yours :-

?

"

over a year ago

We're here to meet single men and women, what would be the point of singles leaving?

How drab if the place was full of the same looking for the same?

over a year ago

Well I'm staying anyway! Don't appear in anybodies searches so I'm not really here anyway, just a small fish in a big pond.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I want to start a thread to ask how many couples would prefer the site didn't allow singles who only meet singles but I don't think I dare.

I'm nearly out of buns if it turns into another bun fight.

over a year ago

"I want to start a thread to ask how many couples would prefer the site didn't allow singles who only meet singles but I don't think I dare.

I'm nearly out of buns if it turns into another bun fight."

Do it!!

In other news nice to see you back hope you had a good christmas and new year.

over a year ago

Who cares? Happy with the status quo here. Too busy being awesome

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I want to start a thread to ask how many couples would prefer the site didn't allow singles who only meet singles but I don't think I dare.

Do it!!

In other news nice to see you back hope you had a good christmas and new year. "

Ta. It's temporary, while I'm laid up in bed with a snotty cold

I'm just trying to keep myself entertained.

Christmas and New Year were great, thanks. I hope yours were good too.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

I think everyone should be forced to leave the sight apart from me and single guys

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I dont want to meet attached men .....only single men....

I ve never called my self a swinger .....just a single girl or wants Nsa sex ..... is that wrong ??

By *es-sMan
over a year ago

Rugby

I think this is a very narrow minded thread many couples enjoy single extra partners either male or female. Watching your partner having fun can rekindle the relationship. So as a single guy where would I go to enjoy this type of fun

over a year ago

Do it!!

Christmas and New Year were great, thanks. I hope yours were good too."

I've got bastard pleurisy! It's getting better now but been rough as a badgers arse since Boxing Day!

Do the single meeting other singles thread as that affects me.

By *es-sMan
over a year ago

Rugby

"I think everyone should be forced to leave the sight apart from me and single guys"
Oh yes please as long as us olden's can join in as well

over a year ago

"I think everyone should be forced to leave the sight apart from me and single guys"

Hahaha....OI... Share nicely

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"

"

Great! So all us singles sign a declaration that we have previously have been non-monogamous or that we would like to be non-monogamous in future relationships, and we will be allowed to stay! Great! I think that will be 100% of the single men and 95+% of the single women!

So what exactly has this achieved? A big fat nothing!

Any couples who are offended by singles who only meet singles are very welcome to pass us by. No need to label us as "not really swingers", no need to label us as anything at all. No need to interact with us. Just carry on using the site in the way you want to, and we will carry on using the site in the way we want to.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think this is a very narrow minded thread many couples enjoy single extra partners either male or female. Watching your partner having fun can rekindle the relationship. So as a single guy where would I go to enjoy this type of fun"

It's a question. The OP doesn't give an opinion. How can it be a narrow minded thread?

Are you assuming *I* want all singles to leave?

I am single...!

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Do it!!

Christmas and New Year were great, thanks. I hope yours were good too.

I've got bastard pleurisy! It's getting better now but been rough as a badgers arse since Boxing Day!

Do the single meeting other singles thread as that affects me. "

You do it. I've already been called a troublemaker and I've only been back 2 days.

over a year ago

Why the fuck can't people answer a simple question that the OP has asked? Is it really that hard to do?

Do the couples want singles to leave? Yes or no? Simple!!

By *eductiveCouple
over a year ago

Kent

We love having singles on here!! The more the merrier, and yes we are a couple who meet couples and singles!!

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Actually, come to think of it, "non-monogamous" also includes cheating on a partner.

And yet it's often said here that cheats aren't swingers and cheating and swinging are two very different things.

That muddies the water a bit more.

Tricky things these definitions and labels.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Why the fuck can't people answer a simple question that the OP has asked? Is it really that hard to do?

"

I should have realised it was futile asking tbh.

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Im a single fem, why should i leave the site just cause im single...there is room for everyone on this site

over a year ago

"Why the fuck can't people answer a simple question that the OP has asked? Is it really that hard to do?

I should have realised it was futile asking tbh."

I answered

over a year ago

I should have realised it was futile asking tbh."

Plenty of people have

over a year ago

No we wouldn't Want them to leave. And we prefer a mixed night over a couples only night at clubs too. x

over a year ago

we would never want to be apart of a couples only site we like all and play with all...why cant the narrow minded couples just go instead leave the rest of us to it

over a year ago

No

See. Simple.

By *reedy_for_funCouple
over a year ago

My House

Singles? Let's keep them please, they have a vitally important role to maintain

over a year ago

can I ask why do you put so many faces after each comment I am curious that's all

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I answered "

True, as have a lot of other people. I also have a new perspective on how some couples feel about single people.

I should have said I should have realised it was futile hoping for the thread to stay on topic and for people to stick to answering the question I asked.

I should know better by now.

over a year ago

I find this thread interesting as I have had comments from couples in the past saying they would like to play with me but only when I get a partner

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Plenty of people have "

I have a few new ideas to consider as a result too.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Actually, come to think of it, "non-monogamous" also includes cheating on a partner.

And yet it's often said here that cheats aren't swingers and cheating and swinging are two very different things.

Tricky things these definitions and labels."

Omg, I was just about to duck the varied definition of a 'swinger' or 'single', give a simple 'Let the swingles stay', as an answer, but now the OP is choosing to add "let's have a go at cheats" to the mix!

I'm out.

Mr ddc

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Actually, come to think of it, "non-monogamous" also includes cheating on a partner.

Tricky things these definitions and labels.

Omg, I was just about to duck the varied definition of a 'swinger' or 'single', give a simple 'Let the swingles stay', as an answer, but now the OP is choosing to add "let's have a go at cheats" to the mix!

I'm out.

Mr ddc"

Noooo that's not what I mean at all. I'm not having a go at anyone.

The thread originally came from hearing couples say singles aren't swingers and shouldn't be here and wondering how widespread that _iew is.

Then someone from a couple put forward the definition that a swinger is someone in a non-monogamous relationship or who has been or will in the future be in a non-monogamous relationship.

Non-monogamous includes both those playing with knowledge and consent and without it but by the definition given, both are swingers. I'm pretty sure some - couples and otherwise - will disagree.

I'm not having a go at anyone or making any comment on the right or wrong of cheating. I'm considering where it fits in swinging, given the non-monogamous definition.

I can see why someone might want this site to be for swingers only but defining a swinger doesn't seem to be that easy.

over a year ago

hi if there was no single ppl on here how can threesomes work ?

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

We have more meets with singles than couples so would probably leave if singles were banned...Singles who aren't really singles though? That's a ban we'd be happy to support.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"hi if there was no single ppl on here how can threesomes work ?"

This is something certain couples seem to be reluctant to answer.

over a year ago

We that are single have taken over the site. I bet there are most of us than couples here lol, so the majority wins

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We have more meets with singles than couples so would probably leave if singles were banned...Singles who aren't really singles though? That's a ban we'd be happy to support."

I agree that people who use accounts that don't accurately represent their circumstances, (be that a "single" woman who actually only meets with her fb or a "couple" with a wife who is mysteriously never available), to mislead people, should not have a place on this site.

over a year ago

"hi if there was no single ppl on here how can threesomes work ?"

I'm not in favor of it, but it would be possible for one half of a couple to play to make a threesome...not what I'm advocating, though. I like singles on the site.

-Courtney

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/01/16 19:52:08]

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"hi if there was no single ppl on here how can threesomes work ?

This is something certain couples seem to be reluctant to answer."

It requires 3 couples, clearly. And if they all want MFF then there's going to have to be some half-time reshuffling.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

I can see why someone might want this site to be for swingers only but defining a swinger doesn't seem to be that easy."

But why does it matter? Everytime this question is asked, the site owners make it clear that they are happy for single people to be here: and it's their site. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to go and set up their own site and call it "Fabcouplesonlysosodoffallyousingles.com" and good luck to them. Any couple or single who don't want to meet a single or a couple can easily set their preferences accordingly so there is room for everyone. Different people will have different _iews, but the only one that matters is the site owners surely

over a year ago

Couples who only want to meet other couples can apply their filters and enjoy the site in the way they wish. Those who want to meet singles can also do so. And singles who want to meet other singles can do that as well. I think the site offers plenty of choices for everyone.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

I can see why someone might want this site to be for swingers only but defining a swinger doesn't seem to be that easy.

But why does it matter? Everytime this question is asked, the site owners make it clear that they are happy for single people to be here: and it's their site. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to go and set up their own site and call it "Fabcouplesonlysosodoffallyousingles.com" and good luck to them. Any couple or single who don't want to meet a single or a couple can easily set their preferences accordingly so there is room for everyone. Different people will have different _iews, but the only one that matters is the site owners surely"

It stemmed from another thread.

I was wondering how common it was for couples to want this site to be couples only. So I asked.

I've kept my opinions out of it. Everything I'm considering or asking is just that, a thought or a question, with no agenda (other than getting answers to the questions).

I don't care what the definition of a swinger is personally and I have no problem with anyone using this site as they chose, (excluding criminal behaviour or crappy behaviour like intentional time-wasting). Some, however, really, really do care. I ended up wondering why, what they actually want, how common particular opinions are. I asked because I want to understand the other points of _iew.

The thread is about information, not judgements.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Well, I haven't seen the other thread yet, but note that so far.on here there hasn't been a single (bad choice of word?) couple who has said single people shouldn't be on here.

I suspect it is more commonly the repost of someone who has been turned down rather than a widely-held _iew.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Well, I haven't seen the other thread yet, but note that so far.on here there hasn't been a single (bad choice of word?) couple who has said single people shouldn't be on here.

I suspect it is more commonly the repost of someone who has been turned down rather than a widely-held _iew.

"

Yep, I'd noticed and I'm actually very heartened by the comments that have been made.

Personally I think there's a place here for pretty much everyone who wants to use the site, (I say pretty much because I'm excluding those with criminal intent, journalists looking for trash "news" etc.). I'm quite live and let live on the subject.

over a year ago

"Well, I haven't seen the other thread yet, but note that so far.on here there hasn't been a single (bad choice of word?) couple who has said single people shouldn't be on here.

"

To be fair, I have seen some couples say it in the past. A few spring to mind but I'm not going to name names. But it is said sometimes...

-Courtney

over a year ago

Just a thought for the couples who don't want singles here....the single life could be just around the corner for you too,one day.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Personally I think there's a place here for pretty much everyone who wants to use the site,I'm quite live and let live on the subject."

over a year ago

How DARE anyone suggest that singles leave this site. IE me, a rare unicorn.

Yes, I'm single. I was a swinging couple before my "life partner" left me. Leaving behind a wake of devastation and other life changing cr*p. This leaves me with a fear of pairing up with another male life partner.

I have been through enough in my everyday life. And made a positive decision to stay single. Why therefore should I be ousted from a hobby / lifestyle that I enjoy and love. I've been swinging now for 8 years. I swing as one on ones and moresomes. I will not be leaving the site. NOONE can stop me from doing what I love. Rant over.

By *ee Viante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"How DARE anyone suggest that singles leave this site. IE me, a rare unicorn.

Yes, I'm single. I was a swinging couple before my "life partner" left me. Leaving behind a wake of devastation and other life changing cr*p. This leaves me with a fear of pairing up with another male life partner.

I have been through enough in my everyday life. And made a positive decision to stay single. Why therefore should I be ousted from a hobby / lifestyle that I enjoy and love. I've been swinging now for 8 years. I swing as one on ones and moresomes. I will not be leaving the site. NOONE can stop me from doing what I love. Rant over. "

Nobody is trying to.

over a year ago

oh no - we love our single ladies -

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

we are on here for single guys so no

Post new Message to Thread