Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

I got it wrong .......

Jump to newest

By *adystephanie OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

glos

I judged a guy on here for comments he made on a post.....then he posted on other subjects ..always brash and what I thought insulting I must admit I thought OMG what a twat.....

Then one night he opened up which was deep and his ' voice ' for want of a better word, changed.....

How many of us actually think theres more to someone than we actually see ....I've judged wrongly and told this person so .....and I think many may have done that too ......but like I did do we judge someone too quickly on a few stupid posts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

ive had my mind changed a couple of times - some people have done nothing but wind me up and then you find out something and think - yes i know where you are coming from now -

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"I judged a guy on here for comments he made on a post.....then he posted on other subjects ..always brash and what I thought insulting I must admit I thought OMG what a twat.....

Then one night he opened up which was deep and his ' voice ' for want of a better word, changed.....

How many of us actually think theres more to someone than we actually see ....I've judged wrongly and told this person so .....and I think many may have done that too ......but like I did do we judge someone too quickly on a few stupid posts?"

Only trust the whipping post

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm too much of a cynical bitch to be taken in by others and TBH it rarely happens, might have something to do with my upbringing but it rarely happens unless they have been showing a false persona in the first place.

over a year ago

glos

"ive had my mind changed a couple of times - some people have done nothing but wind me up and then you find out something and think - yes i know where you are coming from now - "

I guess in this cas I feel I got it so wrong and need to apologise just to make me feel a little better but that makes me sound really shallow which I'm not or did not think I was

over a year ago

"ive had my mind changed a couple of times - some people have done nothing but wind me up and then you find out something and think - yes i know where you are coming from now -

I guess in this cas I feel I got it so wrong and need to apologise just to make me feel a little better but that makes me sound really shallow which I'm not or did not think I was

"

makes you sound anything but shallow -

over a year ago

glos

"ive had my mind changed a couple of times - some people have done nothing but wind me up and then you find out something and think - yes i know where you are coming from now -

makes you sound anything but shallow - "

I can't name this person and I am definitely not on his list of the kind of meets he is looking for but I did tell him I thought he underestimated his true value and I had noticed a huuuuge change .....

over a year ago

I assume you're all cunts tbh

over a year ago

glos

I feel shallow and judgemental and thought I was above that ......

over a year ago

glos

"I assume you're all cunts tbh"

Thank you xxx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I feel shallow and judgemental and thought I was above that ......"

You're still making a judgement it's just different to your original one. No shame in changing your original assessment and saying so .

By *inzi LTV/TS
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

I try to come across as a total twat but if you take the time to get to know me a little you'll find I'm a different person all together.

I fight with my fists but I love with my heart.

over a year ago

Theres one regular who i often quietly roll my eyes at. But occassionally he they sometimes post and i think wow your so right.

Sometimes admittidly i surprised its from them..

over a year ago

"I assume you're all cunts tbh"

ggrrr

over a year ago

glos

some will guess who this is, and the guy is just so not what he appeared to be initially ......

I have pre judged someone and to be honest I'm a little ashamed of that, and yes it took quite a deep post from him to show it, but I actually don't feel good about the way I can make judgments on people without actually considering their circumstances, even if I don't know their story....

over a year ago

"I try to come across as a total twat but if you take the time to get to know me a little you'll find I'm a different person all together.

I fight with my fists but I love with my heart."

a heart is a weapon the size of your fist. keep fighting. keep loving.

over a year ago

"Theres one regular who i often quietly roll my eyes at. But occassionally he they sometimes post and i think wow your so right.

"

doesn't matter how different two peoples opinions are, some will overlap surely?

over a year ago

"Theres one regular who i often quietly roll my eyes at. But occassionally he they sometimes post and i think wow your so right.

doesn't matter how different two peoples opinions are, some will overlap surely?"

I always try not to judge but actually it made me realise i agree with him a lot he just words things in a way that irks me. Thats just his style and i respect that sometimes his works better.

over a year ago

doesn't matter how different two peoples opinions are, some will overlap surely?

I always try not to judge but actually it made me realise i agree with him a lot he just words things in a way that irks me. Thats just his style and i respect that sometimes his works better. "

i can be fairly judgemental at times too, pretty quick to be judge jury and executioner and i probably ought not be but there we go.

there are times where folk who normally annoy me say something that i can't fault...but the same happens the other way sometimes, people i like for there opinions say something that makes me think 'wtf! are you mad!'

i'm sure i'm the same to others, some folk will generally like what i say, some wont, and occasionally i may suprise both groups. overlapping personalities, some overlap alot, some only a little

over a year ago

I always try not to judge but actually it made me realise i agree with him a lot he just words things in a way that irks me. Thats just his style and i respect that sometimes his works better.

i can be fairly judgemental at times too, pretty quick to be judge jury and executioner and i probably ought not be but there we go.

there are times where folk who normally annoy me say something that i can't fault...but the same happens the other way sometimes, people i like for there opinions say something that makes me think 'wtf! are you mad!'

i'm sure i'm the same to others, some folk will generally like what i say, some wont, and occasionally i may suprise both groups. overlapping personalities, some overlap alot, some only a little "

Yeah i think that sums it up for me pretty nicely

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I agree with some people on some topics, but on other topics they are obviously wrong

over a year ago

Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in words, I try not to judge anyone on here, Saying that some people say some very stupid things and maybe should read threads all the way through before posting, I included me in that as well

over a year ago

glos

"Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in words, I try not to judge anyone on here, Saying that some people say some very stupid things and maybe should read threads all the way through before posting, I included me in that as well "

i know that one too but this was a little different alot of people got this guy wrong at first, but his latest posts are quite amazing a totally different person, which i think are actually what he is like, so this i guess is an apology from me for getting it so wrong and a lesson to me also on how sometimes you just need to take time to understand people fully

over a year ago

I'm wondering if its the same person I thought was an utter twat in some of his comments last night. I'm pretty sure he'd be good craic if chatted one to one

over a year ago

To er is to be human.

over a year ago

I'm sure that there are many on the Irish forum that think that I (m) am a complete dick for expressing my opinion, but I'm not, and maybe someday their opinion will change, not that I give a bollix anyway

over a year ago

glos

"I'm wondering if its the same person I thought was an utter twat in some of his comments last night. I'm pretty sure he'd be good craic if chatted one to one"

Remote ly possible I guess

over a year ago

glos

"I'm sure that there are many on the Irish forum that think that I (m) am a complete dick for expressing my opinion, but I'm not, and maybe someday their opinion will change, not that I give a bollix anyway "

that's quite tame

over a year ago

"Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in words, I try not to judge anyone on here, Saying that some people say some very stupid things and maybe should read threads all the way through before posting, I included me in that as well

i know that one too but this was a little different alot of people got this guy wrong at first, but his latest posts are quite amazing a totally different person, which i think are actually what he is like, so this i guess is an apology from me for getting it so wrong and a lesson to me also on how sometimes you just need to take time to understand people fully

"

You don't have to apologise.

Loads of people loved to jump on his posts like a mob. They couldn't see that they were being just as bad yet calling him out for the same thing. Many were baiting him to post something that would get him a ban.

He seems a nice enough guy.

over a year ago

glos

"Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in words, I try not to judge anyone on here, Saying that some people say some very stupid things and maybe should read threads all the way through before posting, I included me in that as well

You don't have to apologise.

Loads of people loved to jump on his posts like a mob. They couldn't see that they were being just as bad yet calling him out for the same thing. Many were baiting him to post something that would get him a ban.

He seems a nice enough guy. "

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

My preference is a non sugar coating approach and I know that doesn't sit comfortably with some but hey, I prefer to be authentic. I like directness and I can take it back. I don't go out to offend, far from it but if people are, that sits with them.

As for others, there are people I respect for their posting style, content and intelligence. I always read their contributions, others I skip over as I can guess what's coming.

over a year ago

glos

"My preference is a non sugar coating approach and I know that doesn't sit comfortably with some but hey, I prefer to be authentic. I like directness and I can take it back. I don't go out to offend, far from it but if people are, that sits with them.

As for others, there are people I respect for their posting style, content and intelligence. I always read their contributions, others I skip over as I can guess what's coming.

"

Hmmm I'll have to be a little careful with you

over a year ago

I've been blocked by quite a few people on here for no reason so I just speak my mind if you don't like it tough shit!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"My preference is a non sugar coating approach and I know that doesn't sit comfortably with some but hey, I prefer to be authentic. I like directness and I can take it back. I don't go out to offend, far from it but if people are, that sits with them.

Hmmm I'll have to be a little careful with you "

over a year ago

My twatometer has never failed me. In person I can tell in the first five minutes as to whether I like them or not.

Online takes a little longer but my instincts have never failed me.

over a year ago

"I've been blocked by quite a few people on here for no reason so I just speak my mind if you don't like it tough shit! "

there's always a reason.

Post new Message to Thread