Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Disability

Jump to newest

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

How many peeps on fab have disabilities and do they have success on fab with meets etc. Are adequate facilities provided in clubs etc, is this site fun for all or are there taboos?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman
over a year ago

Burbage

"How many peeps on fab have disabilities and do they have success on fab with meets etc. Are adequate facilities provided in clubs etc, is this site fun for all or are there taboos?"

No idea how many people have disabilities, I'm assuming you mean in the physical sense.

Ive met a blind man 3 times though and he has a string of verifications so he does ok meet wise

over a year ago

Burbage

"How many peeps on fab have disabilities and do they have success on fab with meets etc. Are adequate facilities provided in clubs etc, is this site fun for all or are there taboos?"

Forgot to mention, one of the meets was at new paradise club, i assisted as he walked up the stairs, as anyone would with a blind person, but the facilities from the club to him were fine. Ive also seen a wheelchair user in the club before and a lady that permanently uses crutches as a walking aid.

The blind man I met also frequently uses Chameleons

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"How many peeps on fab have disabilities and do they have success on fab with meets etc. Are adequate facilities provided in clubs etc, is this site fun for all or are there taboos?

No idea how many people have disabilities, I'm assuming you mean in the physical sense.

Ive met a blind man 3 times though and he has a string of verifications so he does ok meet wise"

At least he doesn't need the beer goggles

over a year ago

I can't answer for clubs, as we've never attended them.

One of us has problems with mobility. She needs a wheelchair to get about in public but can move around the house with an aid. In the bedroom, it makes very little difference. As an FF couple, we don't want to really advertise it fully on our profile because it's unimportant but also displays a vulnerability.

In our brief time here, it has gone against us more time than I can remember. So many chains of conversation have dried up once we mention the mobility problem and we have been blocked more than once after we revealed this snippet.

So for us, it has hindered our success.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I've been told I've got severe osteoarthritis and need a hip replacement.. I'm no way disabled but I do get a huge amount of pain from the hip and down my left leg which makes me a little less 'flexible' lol

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Depends what you mean by disabled, i suffer with PTSD and EUPD officially that classes me as disabled.

I have no problems at all on here, i am upfront and honest and do tell people this. Never been an issue here or in a club

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

"I've been told I've got severe osteoarthritis and need a hip replacement.. I'm no way disabled but I do get a huge amount of pain from the hip and down my left leg which makes me a little less 'flexible' lol

"

Get it done as soon as possible had both mine done the pain goes right away just a bit of discomfort for a few weeks you will feel year,s younger Paul

By *edmark07Man
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 08/01/16 10:59:08]

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"I've been told I've got severe osteoarthritis and need a hip replacement.. I'm no way disabled but I do get a huge amount of pain from the hip and down my left leg which makes me a little less 'flexible' lol

Get it done as soon as possible had both mine done the pain goes right away just a bit of discomfort for a few weeks you will feel year,s younger Paul"

They have said they won't do it. One reason my age, saying I'm to young. They have to try other options first. I had a injection into my hip in October but it hasn't done anything.

They also told me I had to 'lose 2 stone'... Losing just over 9 stone wasn't quite enough it seems

over a year ago

Burbage

"How many peeps on fab have disabilities and do they have success on fab with meets etc. Are adequate facilities provided in clubs etc, is this site fun for all or are there taboos?

Ive met a blind man 3 times though and he has a string of verifications so he does ok meet wise

At least he doesn't need the beer goggles "

Haha yes thats very true

By *anetandNickCouple
over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

I'm deaf.

It doesn't seem to have affected my chances, possibly because I tend to say "Yes??" when I can't quite figure out what people are saying to me.

e.g. "Can I unbutton your dress?"

Janet

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"I'm deaf.

It doesn't seem to have affected my chances, possibly because I tend to say "Yes??" when I can't quite figure out what people are saying to me.

Janet"

You will have to wear zip up ones lol

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Reading previous threads from people with disabilities, majority of people were supportive and would meet them. I don't think many clubs would have facilities for wheelchair users.

But everyone is an individual and all disabilities are different.....

over a year ago

"I'm deaf.

Janet"

I totally identity with this. I'm partially deaf but don't have issues unless the person is softly spoken. I've got myself in trouble with the 'smile because I don't know how to respond' or the fallback 'yes'.

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"I'm deaf.

Janet

I totally identity with this. I'm partially deaf but don't have issues unless the person is softly spoken. I've got myself in trouble with the 'smile because I don't know how to respond' or the fallback 'yes'. "

Met a deaf lady on fab a while ago when i was part of a couple it was a great meet and there was a language barrier as well. No it was'nt because i come from yorkshire lol.

By *BKBCouple
over a year ago

Long Sutton

My wife's paraplegic and not able to walk. We do ok for meets etc. and have a great time at VA (think its short for very accessible?).

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"My wife's paraplegic and not able to walk. We do ok for meets etc. and have a great time at VA (think its short for very accessible?)."

Thats really good to hear

By *ancscleanguyMan
over a year ago

Preston

Get it done as soon as possible had both mine done the pain goes right away just a bit of discomfort for a few weeks you will feel year,s younger Paul"

Hi Paul,

Did you get it done at Blackpool Vic?

over a year ago

Depends what you mean by disabilities physical or emotional/mental issues

over a year ago

I have poor hearing due to severe tinnitus and arthritis in my hips and knees. I also have really poor energy levels due to a few other conditions so I'm no good for long drawn out sessions.

I hate having to share these vulnerabilities to playmates as they make me feel very tired and old. I have been very fortunate (or possibly ive vetted well) that most play mates have been very understanding if I have to stop or suddenly change position.

Atm these issues are greatly affecting my confidence and so I'm not meeting. I've even turned away regular playmates who know me well because I am now suffering low mood. And of all my conditions this is the one I am battling with the most I get emotional at the slightest thing.

I miss the girl in my pictures

over a year ago

I have CP, which mostly manifests as a limp/odd walk. It affects quite a lot else, but you'd be hard pressed to notice unless you were watching for it.

I have to say people on here seem refreshingly unbothered..as to meets, not met anyone, but I doubt I'd find issues overmuch.

Never found it affected me "off" site when meeting one or 2 people, either..but if it did, it's their call. I know who I am, and I'm comfortable with it..

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"I have poor hearing due to severe tinnitus and arthritis in my hips and knees. I also have really poor energy levels due to a few other conditions so I'm no good for long drawn out sessions.

I hate having to share these vulnerabilities to playmates as they make me feel very tired and old. I have been very fortunate (or possibly ive vetted well) that most play mates have been very understanding if I have to stop or suddenly change position.

Atm these issues are greatly affecting my confidence and so I'm not meeting. I've even turned away regular playmates who know me well because I am now suffering low mood. And of all my conditions this is the one I am battling with the most I get emotional at the slightest thing.

I miss the girl in my pictures "

Know what you mean about low mood and other problems so i know where you are coming from. I always think new days coming and it may be the start of something good!

over a year ago

Im disabled. We go Chams which is a nighmare building for people with mobility issues but they cant alter the club much to make it more accesible so i only go when i can cope with the building.

By *llroundfunMan
over a year ago

Newport

I meet few who are in wheelchairs and a other who had a stoke. All about being open minded to find out what they can do and what they like. It can be fun trying things, you soon find things they like and cope with.

By *ssexcokMan
over a year ago

southend

"I can't answer for clubs, as we've never attended them.

One of us has problems with mobility. She needs a wheelchair to get about in public but can move around the house with an aid. In the bedroom, it makes very little difference. As an FF couple, we don't want to really advertise it fully on our profile because it's unimportant but also displays a vulnerability.

In our brief time here, it has gone against us more time than I can remember. So many chains of conversation have dried up once we mention the mobility problem and we have been blocked more than once after we revealed this snippet.

So for us, it has hindered our success. "

Sad to hear that its a shame people judge with out meeting

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

Sad to hear that its a shame people judge with out meeting"

I just spill the beans on my profile and if anyone wants a meet or whatever ok if not its ok.

By *uriousBristolCplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"My wife's paraplegic and not able to walk. We do ok for meets etc. and have a great time at VA (think its short for very accessible?).

Thats really good to hear "

Similar circumstances here too. We also do okish

Need to visit VA this year

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Sad to hear that its a shame people judge with out meeting"

Thing is for most this is fantasy. I don't think it sad on a sex site if someone doesn't want to meet me because I'm fat, I seek those where my size isn't an issue.

Some people take it the "wrong" way if they're excluded, ignoring that fact NONE of us has universal appeal.

By *ssexcokMan
over a year ago

southend

Sad to hear that its a shame people judge with out meeting

Thing is for most this is fantasy. I don't think it sad on a sex site if someone doesn't want to meet me because I'm fat, I seek those where my size isn't an issue.

Some people take it the "wrong" way if they're excluded, ignoring that fact NONE of us has universal appeal. "

Yeah understood just if im chatting to some one an they seem nice i dont care if thier fat in a wheel chair or whatever plus im not vwe an that seem to be the biggest disability have back an forth with a few on here that like my pics an seem to get on an then ask size im honest an blocked.

over a year ago

"Depends what you mean by disabled, i suffer with PTSD and EUPD officially that classes me as disabled.

I have no problems at all on here, i am upfront and honest and do tell people this. Never been an issue here or in a club "

I suffer with eupd too

over a year ago

"Thing is for most this is fantasy. I don't think it sad on a sex site if someone doesn't want to meet me because I'm fat, I seek those where my size isn't an issue.

Some people take it the "wrong" way if they're excluded, ignoring that fact NONE of us has universal appeal. "

We didn't actually state the final line of the quote, this was said by someone else.

We also need to state that we have never ignored the fact that none has universal appeal.

What is disappointing is when people message us, get friendly to the point of meeting and then block us when we mention the wheelchair. The wheelchair is only used on the initial social and once we are in the bedroom, there is virtually nothing to separate Mandy from any other woman.

So when this happens, how are we expected to take it? Is there a right way?

And yes, I think it is very sad that in a supposedly liberated place such as a swingers site (it's not a sex site by the way), we have to deal with this. Thankfully, it has gotten better since I wrote what I originally did. As I said to someone else today that sent me a message from this thread, the local perfectionists now leave us alone and the more accepting people have come our way

By *anther and gothic angelCouple
over a year ago

fairy land

I'm registered blind and partially deaf, I haven't had any problems in any clubs so far

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"I'm registered blind and partially deaf, I haven't had any problems in any clubs so far"

Thats excellent

By *ilthy gentleman 4425Man
over a year ago

Ackworth

lmfao

By *BKBCouple
over a year ago

Long Sutton

"My wife's paraplegic and not able to walk. We do ok for meets etc. and have a great time at VA (think its short for very accessible?).

Thats really good to hear

Similar circumstances here too. We also do okish

Need to visit VA this year "

All about attitude.

By *BKBCouple
over a year ago

Long Sutton

"lmfao "

why?

over a year ago

Get it done as soon as possible had both mine done the pain goes right away just a bit of discomfort for a few weeks you will feel year,s younger Paul

They have said they won't do it. One reason my age, saying I'm to young. They have to try other options first. I had a injection into my hip in October but it hasn't done anything.

They also told me I had to 'lose 2 stone'... Losing just over 9 stone wasn't quite enough it seems "

Ive had this i have polyathraligia which is a form of athritis and lost 15 stone since i found out and they still want another 10

over a year ago

"I have poor hearing due to severe tinnitus and arthritis in my hips and knees. I also have really poor energy levels due to a few other conditions so I'm no good for long drawn out sessions.

I miss the girl in my pictures "

Love the photos. Shame I am not nearer I would love to try and persuade you to start playing again. Hope things improve for you we need more ladies like you on here. Xx

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"Im disabled. We go Chams which is a nighmare building for people with mobility issues but they cant alter the club much to make it more accesible so i only go when i can cope with the building."

Cool but how much longer will you be able to afford to go with the proposed cuts?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/03/16 10:39:01]

over a year ago

The proposed cuts won't affect me at all as i don't claim any benefits despite being disabeled.

By *inytitsbigcockCouple
over a year ago

glos

"I'm deaf.

Janet"

lol lol

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"lmfao "

What's funny?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Thing is for most this is fantasy. I don't think it sad on a sex site if someone doesn't want to meet me because I'm fat, I seek those where my size isn't an issue.

Some people take it the "wrong" way if they're excluded, ignoring that fact NONE of us has universal appeal.

We didn't actually state the final line of the quote, this was said by someone else.

We also need to state that we have never ignored the fact that none has universal appeal.

What is disappointing is when people message us, get friendly to the point of meeting and then block us when we mention the wheelchair. The wheelchair is only used on the initial social and once we are in the bedroom, there is virtually nothing to separate Mandy from any other woman.

And yes, I think it is very sad that in a supposedly liberated place such as a swingers site (it's not a sex site by the way), we have to deal with this. Thankfully, it has gotten better since I wrote what I originally did. As I said to someone else today that sent me a message from this thread, the local perfectionists now leave us alone and

the more accepting people have come our way "

There are people on site who seem unable to accept others are here to fulfil THEIR fantasies, and shock! Horror! That may exclude them.

It doesn't mean you're any less a person or the other person a barstard. People shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not being an equal opportunities shagger or only seeking perfection.

The beauty of this site is there's literally someone for every one. I try to concentrate on those happy to meet me rather than those that don't: result, a drama and angst free life!

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

And yes, I think it is very sad that in a supposedly liberated place such as a swingers site (it's not a sex site by the way), we have to deal with this. Thankfully, it has gotten better since I wrote what I originally did. As I said to someone else today that sent me a message from this thread, the local perfectionists now leave us alone and

the more accepting people have come our way

There are people on site who seem unable to accept others are here to fulfil THEIR fantasies, and shock! Horror! That may exclude them.

It doesn't mean you're any less a person or the other person a barstard. People shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not being an equal opportunities shagger or only seeking perfection.

The beauty of this site is there's literally someone for every one. I try to concentrate on those happy to meet me rather than those that don't: result, a drama and angst free life!

"

Yeah its tough but hey ho. Before i was disabled the only thing that bothered me was cleanliness and personality and to be fair once in the bedroom you would not know!

Post new Message to Thread