Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Chat

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi All

I'm new to this but quite confused already as to what people want compared to what they do on here?

How hard is it to chat with Genuine people? In my case Women?

It seems every woman thinks all guys are pests or fakes?

I don't know whether it's a ratio thing and maybe i need to persevere but do messages just get block deleted without being read? They want you to write something different to get their attention yet when you do, it's block deleted? Can't win.

Then when they message you it's 'Hi'? an that's it? ha ha !!

You couldn't script it talk about pot n kettle.

Rant over, just wanted to see if anyone else has similar frustrations or experiences. Maybe i need advice i don't know, see what replies i get.

(no doubt some clever *** will post a negative comment)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not sure how to comment in a way that you will find positive but this is not meant in a negative way.

It is a question of ratio and the most popular women will have received many messages so standing out will be difficult. All I can suggest is that you persist with pleasant messages but don't invest hope in positive responses.

Good luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People are here for all different kinds of things and experiences and these might also change over time.

Most people will only chat to those they fancy though, so try to make yourself as appealing as possible to those you want to attract is all i can say really.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"It seems every woman thinks all guys are pests or fakes?"

You know what every woman thinks?

over a year ago

My personal experience so far, is read and delete, read and don't reply and reply to initial message but delete further messages. I don't mind the first 2 I know where I stand, or if they reply with a no thanks, it's when they message back ' hi ' but then don't respond to the next message.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

I had a quick glance at your profile. If women look at it they see a man who wants hot sex. Phone sex or Web cam might be all you have time for. It is worded all about what fun you will get and says nothing about what the lady gets out of this possible liaison.

If your messages are along similar lines , that may be why you aren't having much luck.

over a year ago

What i have personally found is ... when i get a message i send a polite reply ... a couple more replies after that ... but then the men start getting heavy insisting on things ....

So the lesson .... If a woman replies politely ... doesn't block you or even look at your profile ... don't push your luck ... Respect the woman ... after all both sexes are on here for the same reason. Thank you

over a year ago

"I'm not sure how to comment in a way that you will find positive but this is not meant in a negative way.

It is a question of ratio and the most popular women will have received many messages so standing out will be difficult. All I can suggest is that you persist with pleasant messages but don't invest hope in positive responses.

Good luck "

Thanks nicecouple x

over a year ago

Thank you for the mainly positive replies, obviously being new i'm just finding my feet so all advice will be taken on board.

I understand my profile might just be talking about what i want so will adjust it to be more positive towards the women if that makes sense? My messages are usually based on hello and if we're local to each other so i'm not the pushy type or selfish type, i'm far fro it actually.

Not even gonna bite to the one negative comment

Thanks to all the polite friendly comments and advice

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"How hard is it to chat with Genuine people? In my case Women?

"

I share your frustration with the messages system. 99.9% of messages I receive are either crude ("fancy a fuk?") or totally meaningless one-liners ("Hi, how are you?"). So I've given up using the messages system and use the chat rooms instead.

You might want to do the same. You will probably at least get a response to the "hi, how are you?" question, which might lead to an actual real-time conversation (depending on your social skills LOL). On the other hand, even if you don't manage to break into the conversation, you can watch the chat, and see how the popular guys talk to women. It all adds to your learning about how to be more successful on Fab.

Good luck!

over a year ago

If it's just a hi how are you or a very detailed well thought out message, How you look to the person you message will more then likely determine their replying message, One word replies or a message leaving you with no option to reply usually gives you a good indication they don't want to take it any further, I normally leave it at that, If they want to continue chatting I will wait for them to contact me

over a year ago

Thanks Guys,

If i don't get a reply i tend to leave it at that, no point in harassing people, there's no fun in that is there? I'm too laid back for that tbh.

I'm sure if i keep chatting in the forums as quoted i'll get the hang of it, it's nice to get so much positive feedback anyway

Post new Message to Thread