Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Too many messages in my inbox!!!

Jump to newest

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

When I first started fab I never knew about filters and received so many messages it was overwhelming.

Since then I have tight filters regarding age and who can contact me. I even intermediately block all new messages from new people.

By doing this I find I have control over my profile and my inbox is manageable.

What I don't understand is when ladies (who are no longer newbies) complain about so many messages in their inbox that they aren't bothered to read and just bulk delete and yet their profile is open for all to message.

Wouldn't it be preferable to set filters or do they enjoy the big numbers of unread messages, kinda like an ego boost?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Must be fun to be a woman to get inundated with emails lol.

over a year ago

On average I get maybe one random message a fortnight, usually from a bloke. Oh how the other sex lives!

over a year ago

Make sure you read mine

over a year ago

Mine has crept up to 134 unread. I'm on mobile so I have to delete to find the ones that have gone off the first page. They are mostly responses to my no ta messages or parts of a message thread I didn't open. I don't think I have missed many initial messages.

By *aeBabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

"Mine has crept up to 134 unread. I'm on mobile so I have to delete to find the ones that have gone off the first page. They are mostly responses to my no ta messages or parts of a message thread I didn't open. I don't think I have missed many initial messages. "

I think when my inbox gets to that number I block everyone and begin a delete or reply momentum going

over a year ago

For some, the only thing worse than too much attention is no attention.

over a year ago

That's exactly how I felt, very overwhelming at 1st, ive put filters on, &I'm happy most of the time wiv my messages, its a compliment, the only bug bearer for me is that I'm not always on here to reply within 10mins, I get shouted at!

over a year ago

"Mine has crept up to 134 unread. I'm on mobile so I have to delete to find the ones that have gone off the first page. They are mostly responses to my no ta messages or parts of a message thread I didn't open. I don't think I have missed many initial messages.

I think when my inbox gets to that number I block everyone and begin a delete or reply momentum going"

I've taken myself off searchable but having conversations means that the unread ones are getting further away from the first page. Most will be replies of thanks for at least replying. I should read and delete them but I'm lazy. When I'm on my laptop I can get to them easier.

over a year ago

sent u mail....20 cock pics..but from different angles..some were from fungal cock infection..they turn some folk on.

over a year ago

sometimes you just feel overwhelmed by your inbox, even with filters on.

i'd never make a status about it. i'd make one asking people not to message me (and have done that before) saying i'm deleting my inbox, and that does stop people messaging you for a while.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I must admit being a guy, when I do get a message from a woman (quite rare) I do cherish it. I know it sounds sad but I do get a little buzz from it because it doesn't happen too often. Whereas you women must become quite desensitized to it all because you get so many. Having said that, I still wouldn't mind getting a few more messages though

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

It's funny as seeing profile status's, profile ranting complaining whilst blowing off about the level of mail they're receiving. I'm sure anyone genuinely pissed of with masses of mail would filter it rather than use it as an excuse to attention rant.

In fact reading the hotlist profile status update's does make you wonder who's behind the key's at times

Post new Message to Thread